[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you guys enjoying jericho taking ric flair's role

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

How are you guys enjoying jericho taking ric flair's role of flabby but entertaining old guy?
Pic unrelated
>>
He needs to retire
>>
>>2925730
Nah Y2Fat still pretty good
>>
>>2925730
He was the best in the main event tonight. Especially considering that he was gone for 2 months
>>
Why the fuck does he wear underpants these days?

Jericho without full-length trunks just looks wrong, especially now that he's old and flabby. Show less of his body, not more.
>>
>>2925728

>Flair doing anything nearly as athletic as a Lionsault in 1996

Nope
>>
>>2927002
Flair didn't even do stuff like that in his prime so what's your point?
>>
>>2926967
vince hates long pants

you get more of a push if you wear underwear
>>
>>2925728
Excellent enhancement talent, great on the mic something we sorely need in a roster with Roman, Braun, Finn, etc

Funny sometimes, doesn't take up top title spots, makes his associates and rivals look like gold. Basically the Rock but not greedy.
>>
>>2927097
Braun is a good promo
>>
>>2927002

When was the last time Jericho did that? I haven't watched WWE for years but I assumed he stopped using it at some point.
>>
>>2927110
KEK

"Roman, I'm gonna beat you at the PPV because I'm big and strong"
"RAAWWWRRR"
>>
>implying Dwayne was a selfish top guy
>>
>>2925728
>watching SD last night
>wife walks in
>sees Jericho
>"He needs to hit the ab-roller"
Had to point out that Jericho is pushing 50, but yeah he needs to work out more or start wearing more gear to cover up the fact he isn't in very good shape now.
>>
>>2927110
You only say that because we're used to shit talkers

Piss is better than shit I guess
>>
>>2927116

Literally last night
>>
>>2927132
orite, damn.
>>
>>2927129
>we're used to shit talkers

Speak for yourself only amigo
>>
>>2927142
The outlaws are worse and most of us don't understand gook shit, WWE has maybe 3 or 4 good/ok talkers.
>>
File: 0iturd5z16xy.jpg (29KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
0iturd5z16xy.jpg
29KB, 540x540px
not sure if we were all watching the same thing, but he was in great shape and was amazing in the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HjLZGVnJ-Y&feature=onebox
>>
>>2927153
>WWE promos are better 'cause they're scripted word-for-word down to the tone by Vince McMahon

W - E - W
>>
>>2927175
No, WWE promos are better because the wrestlers have proper training, very few people elsewhere have that luxury.

Not to mention more motivation with their superior pay and more eyes watching you. A 20 minute promo is worthless if you don't have some a good amount of proper training and you have more access to that with WWE.
Not to say the majority of WWE guys are good some just can't grasp the skill well no matter what but the roster would fair worse without WWE trainers.
>>
>>2927209
Imagine actually believing this. Utter fucking state of this e-Drone.

Tell me who you think WWE's best promos are.
>>
>>2927218
It's no coincidence outside talent fair better after company training, KO and Rhoode for example created good characters simply with their improved mic work which started with the NXT/WWE training. Their promos beforehand were "okay" in comparison and provided little consistency.

WWE have definitely went downhill but their trainers still keeps WWE at the top, even if it's only a slight lead.
>>
>>2927259
>two guys who had been known as good promos years before they were even on WWE's radar

They're just playing watered down versions of their former selves.

Roode doesn't even take classes at the PC.
>>
>>2927285
Rhoode and KO had noticeably less motivation in their previous companies compared to their current act. They have more reasons to go all out with Vince/NXT Haitch watching their every move which shows on the mic making their promos even more engaging.
>>
>>2927319
All these empty buzzwords and (You) still can't even spell Roode properly.

>being a midcard or developmental champ is better "motivation" than being top guy of a promotion
>>
>>2927341
>being a midcard or developmental champ is better "motivation" than being top guy of a promotion
It is if your pay is drastically worse with less people to hear you out and you have increased chances to make it to the top of WWE when you're already in the company.

AJ became a credible promo within the first year of his WWE run, YouTube and compare him now to any past promo. He used to be cringe as fuck.
>>
File: CpY9SjMVYAEyY2g.jpg (12KB, 253x372px) Image search: [Google]
CpY9SjMVYAEyY2g.jpg
12KB, 253x372px
>>2927341
Not one "buzzword" in that post.
>>
>>2925728
he's old and flabby, yet he's more entertaining than 90% of the roster
>>
>>2927360
Styles was a good promo in New Japan & ROH
>>
>>2925728
He puts guys over. Flair and Rock have 2 of the biggest egos ever fucking created.
>>
>>2927371
I've been a fan boy since his TNA days so I had a look of his past promos on his other feds (not many online which says alot about them being good) monotone, lack of charisma, mediocre, forgettable, not engaging.
>>
>>2927360
>>2927371
>>2927407
it's hard to judge how good a promo someone is in WWE because 95% of the talent are completely scripted. They just go out and recite lines. You can only judge by how they say things now the things they say themselves, and any ad lib they might introduce (mostly used to try and shut down crowd chants).
>>
>>2927407
Why lie tho?

>not many online which says a lot about them being good

It also says a lot about you being a dumbshit
>>
>haven't watched wrestling seriously since rob van damm had a major push and kane was deemed necrophiliac by 3xH
>last time watched wrestling ever was some random AJ styles match on TNA
>watched wrestling again this week in years
>motherfucking chris jerico and aj styles are still at it and are genuienly fun

holly fuck
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.