[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people who don't understand that this is what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: romanreigns.png (859KB, 864x552px) Image search: [Google]
romanreigns.png
859KB, 864x552px
>there are people who don't understand that this is what a modern day heel looks like.
>>
>>2922567
He unironically could be great heel.
>>
>WWE edits out negative reactions to him
>WWE has their announcers portray him as babyface and defend his actions
>>
>>2922585
no shit, MODERN DAY heel

smarks are still fans and require being WORKED
>>
>>2922585
>then people read about it
>According to Meltzer
>Get worked up over it
>More heat
>>
>>2922567
Then why are they still editing out the boos he gets? Roman is still a face no matter if HHH or Vince try to claim he isn't
>>
>>2922604
most wrestling fans are internet people now. the classic heel/face dichtomy doesnt work anymore. Triple H even said the worse thing you can do to a guy these days is turn him face.

why the fuck would a face come out and announce "This is my yard now" to a booing crowd
>>
>>2922592
>>2922595
>he's totally a double-reverse meta-work heel

>>2922614
Ironic considering HHH's own vanity promotion debunks this.
>>
File: Roman-REigns-Sad-600x250.jpg (34KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Roman-REigns-Sad-600x250.jpg
34KB, 600x250px
>>2922567
here's my actual, non-meme opinion on Roman. divine intervention couldn't save him at this point because the WWE mishandled him for years. He's an average at best wrestler, with absolutely no charisma to save him. he's got a top tier body, face, facial hair, and hair. his image could be a literal 10/10 if he wasn't dressing up like D'lo Brown. they need to drop his ridiculous vest and swat pants, put him in real wrestling gear, and get him a fucking acting coach so he can at least pretend to have a shred of charisma. Roman Reigns could absolutely be the next Stone Cold, or The Rock, but they gave him absolutely nothing, and have no idea what they're doing with him. they aimed so low as to make him John Cena 2, instead of Austin 2. he has all the potential in the world, but the WWE has no idea what they're doing. Roman Reigns is the Citizen Kane of mishandled talent. i want to like him, but the WWE makes me hate him, and not as a heel, but as a channel changer.
>>
>>2922630
>top tier body

The reason he's kept in the vest and cargo pants is because he DOESN'T have one.

>he could totally be on par with 2 of the biggest stars ever
>>
File: myyard.gif (3MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
myyard.gif
3MB, 500x250px
THE AMMOUNT OF SCHEER ASS PAIN FROM THIS GIF IS GLLLLOURIOUS
>>
File: basedroman.jpg (173KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
basedroman.jpg
173KB, 1024x683px
>>2922645
You've been worked
>>
Most other forms of media and in fact most other forms of wrestling will just have the antagonist do antagonistic things and let the story and the other characters in the story react to his actions as if they were wrong and that the character doing them is a bad person.

Like, y'know, the bad guy will do bad things. And the other people in the story will react to those things as if they were bad. And then the good guys in the story will try to defeat the bad guy in response to the bad things he's done. And then when the bad guy is defeated, you feel like there was some kind of payoff.

It's just how stories have been told for a few thousand years.

I guess WWE is just too fucking clever for that, though.
>>
>>2922650
they could put him in a crow sting singlet, and have him Kurt Angle the straps when he gets serious. give it a more modern look so it isn't just spandex, incorporate the armor look without wearing an actual shitty vest. sort of like Seth's gear, but less vest and more tank top.
>>
>>2922567
>There are people unwilling to accept that Reigns is just a poor character, and instead make a bunch of excuses about how he's "working" the smarks

BAKA
>>
>>2922650
>he thinks that's a top tier wrestling body

Even if we cut out the obviously juiced guys he's not even close.
>>
>>2922673
Show pic of your body, fatty

Hes right
>>
>>2922614
>Triple H even said the worse thing you can do to a guy these days is turn him face.
That only applies to WWE because they're terrible with faces, because they can't fucking right them. It has nothing to do with the fans.

Because guess what, HHH runs NXT and the faces in that are over as fuck.

Whenever HHH tries to talk out of both sides of his mouth about this shit it comes off as so fake because when you just look at the writing in NXT, it could never be written by people who believe the shit he says.
>>
>>2922684
>Because guess what, HHH runs NXT and the faces in that are over as fuck.
Trippple Man runs SDL m8
>>
>>2922683
Show where I said I was a wrestler
>>
>>2922690
lol no he fucking doesn't.
>>
>>2922690
>Tri runs the brand pushing Vince's latest body crush
>>
>>2922691
You edited the post where you said it, everyone saw it tho.

Now post pic fatty.
>>
>>2922700
>editing on 4chan

hownew.ru
>>
File: amish.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
amish.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>the only reason the fans boo roman reigns is because he went over Daniel Bryan, the fan favourite who they wanted to see main event wrestlemania that year
>same thing that happened when they brought Batista back

Daniel Bryan is still healthy but good for them recognizing he was killing the push of every other wrestler and sidelining him anyways
>>
>>2922567

That argument only works if you actually draw money.
>>
>>2922694
>>2922698

Day to day crap? Absolutely. He has final say before Vince on SDL, Stef has Raw. Meltzer confirmed it back in January as to why it was likely Nakamura was going to SDL, where HHH can keep him protected, while the concession was Joe on Raw.
>>
>>2922684

The faces were over when Dusty Rhodes was booking NXT.

How are Roddy Strong Ember Moon doing?
>>
>>2922710
Yes, that must be why Reigns has been getting booed with increasing vitriol for nearly 3 years running.

>>2922720
>Family Man Roddy isn't over

What show are you watching?
>>
>>2922727
its the source. thats when it started and the fans are to dumb to let go of the past.

>wwe fans
>smart
>>
>>2922730
>its the source
>fans are to dumb

Look who's talking...
>>
>>2922624
>he's totally a double-reverse meta-work heel
y-yeah, i-it can't be that, r-right? t-that'd totally be w-way t-too hard for them t-to d-do! a-and it would m-mean I-I've b-been worked! I'm an internet s-smark! I-I k-know every-t-thing!
>>
>>2922738
If they're that clever how come they can't just work people into cheering him?
>>
>>2922733
you are LMAO
>>
>>2922740
hang yourself Denton
>>
>>2922624
>record low ratings
>megaheel
>>
File: 1500964725662.png (1MB, 1071x853px) Image search: [Google]
1500964725662.png
1MB, 1071x853px
>>2922567
goat heels love to make the crowd mad and ramen is just apathetic about it. He cant even give a shit about working the smarks
>>
>>2922846
Oh, is that why he had so much fun the night after WM working all the smarks? He acknowledges it a lot actually and seems to enjoy it

Sorry it makes you mad though
>>
>>2922567
>Romanetty is a massive failure of a babyface
>"h-he's a meta heel! b-based big d-dog working the s-smarks"
>>
>>2922880
WORKED
O
R
K
E
D

your denial is amusing tho
>>
>>2922720
I actually really like Roddy and I'm glad he's still gonna be in the title picture after Brooklyn.

Ember has been a misfire. She got cheated and injured by Asuka and instead of getting pissed off, she was just "well I hope I can compete again soon", meanwhile, THIKKI got super over while Ember was on the shelf. They misfired on her, I will admit that one.

But there's plenty of awesome faces in NXT. DIY was fucking beloved and all of that is going to propel Johnny as a solo guy, Aleister Black is doing great, Ohno and Hideo have a good frustrated babyface storyline going. There's a lot to like about NXT since Mania.
>>
File: 1487206691008.jpg (14KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1487206691008.jpg
14KB, 310x310px
>>2922908
>>2922738
>>2922592
>>2922567
>I wrote an absolutely garbage, two-dimensional mary-sue of a character
>People hate him
>"I w-wrote him like that on p-purpose! Y-You're supposed to hate him!"
If you write a book and people hate the main character, that doesn't mean you're "working" them.
It means you're a shit writer.
>>
>>2923056
>>"I w-wrote him like that on p-purpose! Y-You're supposed to hate him!"
Isn't that basically every modern heel?
>h-he's boring on p-purpose! W-w-w-worked!
>>
>>2923071
Kevin Owens and his goddamn chin locks are the worst variation of this I can think of.
>>
>>2923071
>Isn't that basically every modern heel?
You're supposed to hate heels because they do bad things and are manipulative and dishonest, not because their promos and wrestling are mediocre and bore you.
Meta-heels like Roman and Owens don't draw because you don't tune in to watch them get beat, you tune out because they bore and frustrate you.
>>
>>2922567
You are objectively wrong. He is a horribly booked face and mediocre wrestler.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.