[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They Didn't Draw Dimes Because if They Did WCW Would Still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: NWO-07.jpg (42KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
NWO-07.jpg
42KB, 686x384px
>>
But they did. Back then kids either had nWo or Austin shirts. There were knockoff nWo stables in nearly every promotion in the world trying to capitalize on the trend. They drew so much Vince even brought them back from the dead so he could milk them for more.
>>
>>2912268
Nah. Vince Russo year 2000 killed WCW.
>>
>>2912268
Hogan Nash and Hall were gone before WCW was.
>>
File: Untitled0.png (13KB, 409x442px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled0.png
13KB, 409x442px
They managed to improve WCW's product but only for two years.

Eventually every episode of Nitro was "who will join the nWo next?" and they unironically tried to reboot the stable in 2000. Its funny how WCW threw so much money at everything even if they were giving contracts to wrestlers who never appeared on WCW once during their contract's duration. Chris Jericho seemed to be aware of this by having a massive battle royale of jobbers vie for a shot at his Cruiserweight Championship. The whole point of Goldberg was to make him appear completely invincible so they brought in dozens and dozens of actual workers so they could job to a greenhorn who didn't know his wrist from his arse. Yet they failed, they completely failed. Only c-drones think WCW was a good company.
>>
NWO was put in to WCW to wreck it from within.
>>
>>2912604
How do you do, fellow flat earther?
>>
You can't carry an entire company when you got worthless anchors like Sting, Flair, and Luger weighing you down.

WCW failed cause of those losers.
>>
>>2912268

>Giant being a head taller than Hogan and Razor

Lmao are they like a shoot 6'1?
>>
>>2912268
this
>>
They drew dimes it's just all the dimes went into their pockets and not the company.
>>
>>2912934
Exactly. They should have made Bret the top baby face to take on the nWo but Hogan would have buried him too.
>>
>>2912934
>WCW failed cause of those losers.
WCW failed because WWF was putting on the better show and they let more guys be at the top.

Austin
HHH
Taker
Rock
Mankind
Kane
Kurt
Jericho

Were all in rotation in the Main Event scene for the world title, WWF created new stars, WCW used the same old fucks from the 80s.. The only real star WCW created was Goldberg.
>>
>>2912268
Wrestling fans live in the wrestling world and are to dumb to realise that there is a whole other world out there that controls the wrestling business.

WCW died because Turner bigwigs didn't support wrestling. They couldn't sabotaged WCW directly so they played the corporate game e.g. WCW didn't make any money from PPV (it went to Turner Home video) & only got a budget for TV which was cut when Ted Turner (who was only supporter of wrestling) lost power of his own company due to AOL/TIme Warner merger.

The $360 Billion merger between AOL and Time Warner, isviewed as the most significant failure of corporate activity in modern times. The merger's collapse was a result not only of the bursting of the dot-com bubble but also of the failings by AOL Time Warner management to ever actually integrate the two companies.

Listen to Tony Schiavone's podcast. Every week he tells you why WCW went out of business. But most wrestling fans are so dumb no matter how many times it's said they still fail to understand.
>>
>>2912962
The top of Hogan's head is under Giant's chin. Just whipped out a tape measure and going on my own skull sizes that means that IF Giant was a legit seven footer in that picture, Hogan can be no more than 6'1. In fact, that is based on my own skull being 11 inches tall. Wight, with his elephantiasis probably has a longer head than me, which would put Hogan on the low side of 6 foot. And don't forget - that is IF Wight was truly seven foot. If he was 6'10, then whichever way you cut it Hogan is a sub-6 manlet.

The scale of the heights and measures bullshittery in this business is a never ending source of amusement.
>>
WCW had a way different business model than WWF. So when the corporate changeover happened they decided they didn't want the professional wrestling stigma.

Look at conans ratings, and look what they pay him. Look at all the money they waste on shit now that draws way lower ratings than WCW did when they canceled it.
>>
>>2912546
>Actually taking Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards seriously. Do you know how many people voted? Here is the 1998 results with number of people who voted, from Jan 11,1999 WON Newsletter:

WORST PROMOTION

1. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING 215
2. Music City Wrestling 171
3. AAA 134
4. Big Japan Pro Wrestling 111
5. Extreme Championship Wrestling 98
6. Memphis Power Pro 70
7. NWA 31
8. UFO 29
9. World Wrestling Federation 22
10. IWA Japan 10

Millions of people watched WCW, and 215 Meltzer reading smarks get to determine WCW is worst promotion? KEK! Stop embarrassing yourself you dumbass neet smark. You're not smart.
>>
>>2916953
>Hogan can be no more than 6'1.
LOL
>>
File: 3153989236_6765a6b6fb.jpg (100KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
3153989236_6765a6b6fb.jpg
100KB, 500x388px
>>2912268
>>
>>2916961
"So many people can't be wrong" is a shitty argument my friend.
>>
>>2916945
People always say "raw is getting the ratings nitro got before it was cancelled! Raw cancellation inbound!", but the difference is that WCW died because turner was no longer in charge and Time Warner- Aol decided that wrestling didn't fit their "image". Everyone jacks off about ratings but they only matter in the context of the network, and in the context of USA Network, Raw is doing great.
>>
>>2916973
WTF you talking about?
I'm not arguing "so many people can't be wrong". I'm arguing that so little a numbers of people voting in Meltzer's awards are wrong.

>>2916985
You've basically just repeated what I said when I said turner bigwigs didn't support wrestling. This isn't about RAW in 2017.
>>
>>2916966
Is that a LOL because he is manlet, or because you think differently?

I mean, it is possible they stood Wight on a box for that pohotoshoot, to make him look even more imposing. But would Hogan ever allow that if it were the case?

Equally, their kayfabe height difference is what, 6 inches? If the Giant had a six inch head he would look like one of the goombas from that old Super Mario movie.
>>
>>2916953
prime Hogan was 6'3 max
>>
>>2917013

900~ voted in the example you gave which is actually quite large for a voting-based award.

Also you began with "Millions of people watched WCW" which is the epitome of a shitty "so many people can't be wrong argument". Try your best to understand this.
>>
>>2912934
Sting was the third biggest draw of WCW after NWO and Goldberg, you have to be delusional to think otherwise.
>>
>>2917026
>>2916953
>>2912962
This used to be a pretty good height comparison post put together by a turbo autist, but it looks like all of his pictures finally expired. I'll link it anyway, but he did convince me that younger Hogan was a legit 6'8''

http://fighterplanes.yuku.com/topic/4345/Late-1970s-Hulk-Hogan-was-a-68-340lbs-MOUNTAIN-OF-A-MAN
>>
>>2917067
So 900 Meltzer influenced smarks with 200+ of them voting WCW as worst promotion when in 1998 they averaged like 4.5 million viewers and did quarter hours with 8+ million viewers and you're trying to defend Meltzer's shitty awards as having credibility.

Fucking KYS
>>
>>2917071
Meltzer Magoo would disagree. He'd say Goldberg then Ric Flair.
>>
>>2917170
I agree the observer awards are worthless, but just because WCW was still making money does not mean they did not deserve the award

they where making mistake after mistake everyone could see the end was near for them
>>
>>2917013
Right, I was just agreeing with you that WCW didn't die because "it sucked", just that the people in charge of the network didn't like wrestling anymore. Just tying it into what smarks think is a similar situation today.
>>
David. Arquette.

'nuff said.
>>
>>2917172
Flair drew in the carnie era of wrestling, not that big of an achievement to draw 400 people to an event.
>>
>>2917179
I'd disagree that WCW was worst promotion in world in any year. For all their faults there are still too many redeeming qualities even at it's worst from production to star power to deem it as such.

215 people voted WCW as worst promotion in 1998 when WCW made more profit than any company in history that year.

171 people voted Music City Wrestling at the 2nd worst promotion of 1998. I've never heard or seen anything of these motherfuckers.

Even in 1999 - 2001 to claim WCW was worse than shitty indies like Music City Wrestling is just something I cannot take seriously.
>>
>>2917172
>>2917192

Meltzer will always twist his figures so that Flair looks good

He listed Flair as the 7th biggest draw of 2004 for fuck's sake.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.