[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Japanese """wrestlers"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

Why do Japanese """wrestlers""" always bomb hard in the US? He was set up perfectly and just completely phoned in his debut
>>
Language barrier, ugliness and generally inhuman appearace, shitty and boring style that consists of kicks, don't know wrestling is fake and hurt everyone
>>
>>2908367
His booking is complete shit and it doesn't help he barley speaks English.
>>
Because when you make enough threads saying somebody bombed, it becomes true and one million threads on this topic have been made.
>>
I pronounced his name like Shin-su-ke

WWE announcers call him Shin-ske
>>
>>2908371
Maybe all this for Shinsuke, but there's at least one Japanese wrestler that each of these points has been not true for when they wrestled in the US.
>>
member that Hedeo Tatami guy? fuck that guy sucks. All the nerds said he was awesome
>>
>>2908367
Everyone wanted him on Smackdown and then we got him on Smackdown when it's at it's worst point since the brand split. None of the feuds have any weight and there's only two people that anyone wants to see Nakamura feud with. The fact that he has a match against Borin Corbin proves how incompetent these fucking writers are. He should've been squashing niggas but he's just like everyone else at this point. Terrible.
>>
>>2908377
the su sound is soft and usually isn't emphasized in casual speech, same as in asuka
>>
>>2908377
It's correct to say it that way phonically, but it sounds like Shin-ske when it's said fast, in both Japanese and English
>>
>>2908386
Being on Raw wouldn't have been any better. Best case scenario, he's in the spot where Samoa Joe is right now.
>>
>>2908380
nah
>>
>>2908401
There's a lot more money matches on Raw at least.

Vs. Reigns, Vs. Lesnar, Vs. Strowman, Vs. Joe, Vs. The Miz, Vs. Ambrose
>>
>Gets the loudest pop whenever he's on screen
>So good that had to use him to get Ziggler and Corbin over
>Bomb

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>2908367
Couldn't have had anything to do with Ziggler (who's been booked like absolute shit) dominating that debut match, could it? If you can barely beat a worthless wrestler that makes you little more than them.

>>2908372
He actually speaks pretty good English in interviews, his accent is just pretty bad.
>>
>>2908401
he should let the miz carry him in a feud
>>
>>2908420
There's plenty on SmackDown. Owens, Zayn, eventually Jericho and the big two are AJ and Cena. Granted, Cena could've happened on Raw but we didn't know that when he was put on SmackDown.
>>
>>2908367
The US wrestling audience is incredibly racist.
>>
>>2908367
Look at how many people think Nash was a good wrestle & Roman is the best in the world right now. There is your answer. Americans have shit taste & couldnt spot talent if it bit them on the ass.
>>
It's jarring, isn't it? How a charismatic draw could come to the WWE and look straight up terrible and boring.

Just goes to show how fucking horrible WWE's booking is and how stifled creatively these guys are. Imagine how many people could have shined if they were just given a chance..
>>
>>2908527
Go back
>>
>>2908367
He's been phoning it in for years, Gedo forced him to elevate the IC belt for 5 years. He would only put effort in his big matches, sio once or twice a year. He signed for a big pay day, and actually tried in his first NXT match, and has been coasting ever since. Nakameme is essentially semi-retired.
>>
>>2908367
Can't speak english. If Okada spoke perfect english vince want him in the wwe.
>>
>>2908372
Haven't been watching lately. What are they even doing with Nakamura these days?
>>
>>2908749
Frequent speaking roles and tag team match playa
>>
>>2908771
Why the fuck would they make him talk?
>>
>>2908380

Yoshi Tatsu?
>>
>>2908782
This
>>
>>2908385
The little guy who wrestles Kendrick is surprisingly better than both Nakamura and Itami.
>>
>>2908782
It's sports entertainment
>>
>>2908827
Meaning what?
>>
>>2908827
That still doesn't have explain why creative thinks it's a good idea to have a guy who speaks broken English cut promos to the American audience.
>>
>>2908814
Yoshi Tatsu looked human, his style was alright, not really boring but nothing amazing. I think he got injured more than he injured other people.
>>
>>2908367
Chinks are considered ugly in the west, cant speak proper English, different culture.
>>
>only guy more over than him on Smackdown is AJ STYLES
>way more fucking over than either shitter in the main event

>>2908747
He's been fluent in English for nearly 5 years

>>2908420
>vs. Reigns

"money match"

>vs. Lesnar

It's been done

vs. Strowman

possibly

vs. Joe

It's been done to death

vs. The Miz

LMFAO

vs. Ambrose

meh
>>
File: Akira-Tozawa.jpg (41KB, 321x654px) Image search: [Google]
Akira-Tozawa.jpg
41KB, 321x654px
>>2908367
Shinsuke will be alright once the E allows him to actually "do him." It seems like everybody here is bashing on him, but really it's this whole script thing.

We've already covered shit booking. I mean making him struggle against Dolph isn't exactly a great thing, but then again it's not like he lost to Curt Hawkins.

I honestly believe that once him and Aj go at it, people will mark out like they do with Okada and Kenny, etc.

So far the best "booked" Japanese wrestler aside from Asuka is actually Tozawa.
Sure he's a crusierweight, but I'm sure the whole cruiserweight vs heavyweight meme will die out when Neville starts branching out.

Somebody here pointed it out, but Tozawa is actually the only "legit" face cruiserweight right now.

So yeah, I give it time. E drone or not.
>>
>>2909010
>I mean making him struggle against Dolph isn't exactly a great thing,
I've been wondering why he has been booked so weak. He has been the that gets beat up to set up the hot tag in most of the tag team matches. His singles matches are pretty much the same but unlike Cena/roman he doesn't get to kick out of the other guy's finisher. He doesn't get pinned but he doesn't come off too dominant.

He only looked particularly strong when he came back in the mitb match but that was after everybody had already been wrestling for a while.
>>
>>2909045
I feel like that's Vince not HHH's way of "initiating him" in the E. Most current NXT call ups haven't been doing well lately and I'm sure if Vince and Kevin Dunn stepped aside things would be different.

My other theory is that, all the opponents Shin's been facing don't have chemistry with him.

>Baron Corbin
Everybody is pretty apathetic about him. I don't see anything special with him and feel he really only got the go ahead because he ain't a dick and was the only heel before Jinder.

>Kevin Owens
I don't mind KO. He's pretty good, bu he's working with Aj right now so really can't say much

>Dolph
I swear Dolph can make anybody look good, yet somehow booking, him not caring, or Shin not trying, just fucked up Shin.

Again, Smackdown maybe the better show, but the roster aside from Aj and Zayn doesn't seem to mesh well with Shinsuke. It's one those where he'd have better matches on RAW just because majority of that roster is similar to what he's worked with in the past.

i.e. Finn, the Club, Seth, Miz would do well. maybe Roman, Samoa Joe, all the 205 guys would make Strong Style look even better IMO

On the other hand, I'm not impressed with a Orton vs Shin, or lowkey Shin vs Jinder. Those would be just plain out terrible.
>>
>>2909001
Weren't both guys way way way worse when they wrestled in NJPW?
>>
>>2909148
Nakamura was on the decline, but he could still go.

AJ was pretty damn good from what I could tell. He did better than Finn for a while, Won the IWGP Heavyweight belt as a "gaijin" had programs with Shinsuke, Tanahashi, and Okada.

Shin vs Aj for the IC belt was pretty fucking good, I mean it wasn't some crazy Meltzer dick riding Kenny vs Okada but damn good.

Okada vs AJ is underrated too.
>>
>>2909148
Lesnar gives even less shits now than he did in NJPW
>>
File: lego match aftermath.jpg (71KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
lego match aftermath.jpg
71KB, 716x960px
>>2908367
I've noticed that the biggest draws have always been those guys who you can't predict. The ones who keep you guessing by bringing something crazy to the table every week.

Shinsuke is highly predictable. You can estimate what he'll do before any show and never be wrong. He'll do a generic three-word promo. He'll come out to the ring while the crowd wails "WOOOAH OOOAH OOOH HUHHH" like in the video package. He'll do the same autistic jiggling he does every week. He'll do the same moves he does every week. He'll eat a finisher or do his finisher, win or lose the same way always.

>No foreign objects
>No choppy-choopy-pee-pee
>No stable run-ins
>No in-ring character work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0AhZKaShQA
>No backstage shenanigans

Please Vince if you are reading this, disregard smarks and move far, far away from establishing characters exclusively through "workrate" whatever the fuck that is

Please just tell me USA is making you do this, please tell me the ONLY reason you're still exclusively courting a shrinking demographic is because you're waiting out your contract until you can sign with a network that lets you show a bit of leg

Please Vince I know I'm pissing in the wind but you are not a pharaoh you do not need to be entombed with your company
>>
Marks had great expectations for him, because smarks told them all the time how good this shinsuke guy is, but then all the marks realised, this guy is a shitter in the ring and on the mic.

The fact that he doesn't take out his mouthguard for promos, doesn't help at all.

All this guy has is his entrance, without it, no one would give a flying fuck about him.
>>
>>2908871
>>2908877
Wrestling ability is the least important thing in WWE
>>
>>2908367
In his case, he just isn't a good wrestler anymore. He sucks.
>>
>>2909284
Marks do not exist in large enough numbers to matter anymore
>>
>>2909265
>No choppy-choopy-pee-pee

Imagine being this obsessed with a near 20 year-old one-off comedy segment

kys mark

>>2909284
>was over before he even used the entrance
>>
>>2909305
Because it's so hard to get over on NXT and it's so easy to blame it on the booking when they fail on the main roster.
>>
>>2909332
>le anything gets over in full sail meme
Except even well known indie guys like Austin Aries didn't
>>
File: Fuck This Company.gif (86KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck This Company.gif
86KB, 500x281px
>>2908367

Because they face Dolph Ziggler in their first match, where Ziggler does 70% of the offense.

Nakameme should have beaten him rather soundly, in 10 minutes or less. Instead, it looked like he got away with one where Ziggler had him on his heels. It's the exact opposite of how you make a star.

This company is fucking terrible at everything.
>>
>>2908827

The most entertaining guy in the company is the worst case of Tough Guy, Gay Voice since Mike Tyson.
>>
>>2908367
he should go back to when he was acting a little more serious instead of trying to be goofy
>>
>>2908367

1. He's still paying his dues because Vince doesn't know what he has until he sees it himself, see AJ as a good example of this.

2. Bad booking Austin and JR said that Nakamura should be killing people. He could be as big as Austin was if the machine get behind him.

3. The current state of the WWE.
>>
>>2909332
>NXT gives its wrestlers platforms to succeed and has a very over roster
>WWE gives its wrestlers set-ups to fail and has a roster that isn't really over

Makes (You) Think...
>>
>>2909001
>>vs. Lesnar
>It's been done

Rematch motherfucker.
>>
>>2909384
Brock has Heyman cut his promos because he sounds too silly doing it himself.
>>
>>2909453
>He could be as big as Austin

This delusion
>>
>>2909721
He "could" be as big as Austin, if he could actually speak English, and then assuming audiences will accept a top guy who's not American. (Canadian top guys notwithstanding) That's the only time when WWE could and should get behind him as the top guy.

Given that it'd probably take a year or so, tops, for him to force an acceptable accent, and even more years for him to build up to Austin levels, he'd be in his forties if and when that ever happened.
>>
>>2909721

Austin himself said this.

He doesn't need to be a Japanese Austin version 2 he could be a silent killer type. His only weakness is his promo so hide it have him jump people in the ring, or go face to face or Freddue Mercury mannerisms given he's a King and all.

Austin said they don't realize what they have with Nakamura and the King of Strong Style gimmick and I agree 100%.

They should treat Nakamura like Lesnar and use him for PPV matches only.
>>
>>2909706

Exactly and as far as Vince is concerned it hasn't been done unless it's been done in the WWE.

Most of WWE's audience won't have seen Lesnar vs Nakamura.

That match would be a Wrestlemania spectacle just like Nakamura vs Taker or AJ.
>>
pretty funny that tajiri is still the most over jap wwf/e's ever had
>>
>>2909962
What about Funaki?
>>
>>2909936
>Nakamura
>silent killer

Imagine misunderstanding his character this badly.

>>2909706
>wanting to see a Lesnar match in 2017
>>
>>2908380
Tajiri?
>>
The only decent Japanese wrestler I ever saw was lord tensai
>>
>>2909991
INDEED
>>
>>2910042
Do you mean Lord Hentai?
>>
I doubt he give a shit desu. He's raking in big money before he retires.
>>
I feel like Vince doesn't like that they aren't "his" guys. Look at the others they signed from new Japan: gallows, Anderson, balor, all ruined by Vince. Styles had a good first year but he's sucked and been a generic smiling baby face because Vince thinks that's what people like since wrestlemania.
>>
>>2910008
Good style, even though his most remembered move was a kick. Even then, it got a pop. He also certainly looks more like a person than Shinsuke.
>>
He can barely walk at this point; his body is giving up on him.

Part of the reason he moved to the US is because doctors there give out strong painkillers like candy. He has a well known history of painkiller addiction and was finding it harder to get the amounts he needed through Japanese doctors.

He's not in the WWE to put on good matches. He's there for the money and the pills.
>>
>>2908367
>He was set up perfectly and just completely phoned in his debut

That's what WWE is for. Nakamura, AJ Styles, Gallows, Anderson, etc.

It's just a place for them to make a ton of money and relax while they get ready to retire.

They already proved to the world that they're the best. Now they're just cashing checks.
>>
File: 1499945348952.jpg (52KB, 492x475px) Image search: [Google]
1499945348952.jpg
52KB, 492x475px
>>2908367
Is he /ourguy/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WfLfyyJ1Ks
>>
>>2911172
Any source on this? I can believe it, just curious as to who would out his addiction since the Japanese can be tight lipped about medical issues
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.