[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /asp/'s contender for worst chants in wrestling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2308.jpg (22KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2308.jpg
22KB, 642x361px
What is /asp/'s contender for worst chants in wrestling. Personally I can't stand the "What" chant and it makes me wish there was an option to mute crowds during promos.
>>
One Two Too Sweet
>>
File: nxtlasher.jpg (342KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nxtlasher.jpg
342KB, 960x540px
*THIS IS AWESOME*
>>
>>2908314
Took me a long time to realize what they were saying in this chant. Funny at first but they really need to fug off when they do it the whole night, in a wwe ring at that
>>
>>2908303
Every chant is the worst.

Why can't they just throw streamers at the start and then sit in silence like real wrestling fans?
>>
>>2908303
Yelling 10 for every count, the enzo amore/bayley "singing" chants, and "X is gonna kill you" can all fuck off.
>>
Anything Young Bucks related
>>
>>2908303
>ASUKA'S GONNA KILL YOU
>>
>>2908337
Singing chants are fine in my opinion as long as the wrestler is over and not the song.
>>
>>2908337
Tye Dillinger doesn't do it for me. I don't get why he's so fucking over. His chant is trash
>>
File: cringeasfuck.png (501KB, 591x573px) Image search: [Google]
cringeasfuck.png
501KB, 591x573px
>>2908346
This. Also pic related
>>
Everything that doesnt involve directly chanting the guys names currently in the ring.
>>
File: who.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
who.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>2908303
>>
>We are awesome! *clap clap clap clap* We are awesome!

I don't care if its Roman Reigns in the ring, I hate this and takes me out of the matches.
>>
>HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
>ECW ECW ECW
>YOU'VE STILL GOT IT
>THIS IS AWESOME
And any other chants that use the five clap.

The only chant that ever worked was "You suck".
>>
>>2908423
>THIS IS AWESOME

pretty much this
>>
>>2908342
I actually like the LETS GO YOUNG BUCKS-FUCK THE YOUNG BUCKS dueling chant. Chants in general are stupid tho especially in wwjust
>>
>>2908423
I like the "*Insert Name*'s gonna kill you" chants. Surprised to hear them in the WWE, especially at Brock about Joe.
>>
>Both these guys! Both these guys!
>>
>>2908528
> surprised
They have literally been chanting this for a decade at Joe's opponents
>>
Okay, so, what chants do you like?
>>
>YOU DESERVE IT
>>
>>2908544
Cheering and booing.
>>
>>2908544
Honestly some contextual one time chants are fine. It's when you try to make them into running bits that it is ruined because it's no longer about the wrestler, it becomes about the fans. The crowd singing Nakamura's theme when he debuted on Smackdown was great for instance because it was the fans trying to put over the wrestler and not themselves.
>>
>you deserve it
it worked for Daniel, but that's it
>this is awesome
usually it's just pretty good
>we are awesome
WE DID IT REDDIT
>What
You are literally part of the problem when you do that
>ten (when tye is not present)
...shut up
>>
>>2908303
What? was fucking hilarious back when it first happened.

>This is awesome!
>Fight forever!
>10... 10... 10... 10.
>ECDUB! ECDUB!
>You've still got it!
>You deserve it!
They're all cancer level.
>>
>>2908544
>fight forever
>>
>You deserve it
I feel like this is fine in some instances. One case that comes to mind is Naomi, who'd been working away in obscurity in the company for years, finally clicked with something that the fans got on board with after the brand split and won the championship. It was pretty clear that the fans chanting it affected her and she really appreciated it, so maybe that's why I consider it okay in that instance.
>>
What? Was only good when it was Austin's strange verbal tic.
>>
>>2908544
General cheering and booing is fine, humming/singing along to the themes is fine, john cena sucks/kurt angle you suck to their themes is fine, let's go "person in the ring." Just don't be fucking obnoxious, really.
>>
>>2908569
You deserve it chants were also funny when bo dallas and curtis axel won their mizzies and got the chant.
>>
>>2908595
Ironic You Deserve It chants are fucking kino. Like after Wrestlemania whenever Strowman beat the shit out of Roman, fans would chant YOU DESERVE IT. That was great.

The first one I remember is when Miz gave Dean a Miz Participation Award and the fans chanted it at Dean.
>>
File: pepe suicide.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
pepe suicide.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>2908303
"2...SWEEEEEEET!"
>>
>>2910620
Or when they chanted it at Miz and he called them out on chanting it to anyone.
>>
>>2908303
By far it is "YOU DESERVE IT". It's the only crowd chant that breaks kayfabe.
>>
>>2908303
The Ole Ole Ole shit when motherfucking Zayn is out there
>>
>>2908544
Fight Forever and the best one - asshole, specifically directed at Vince. You hardly ever hear it now even if it's at the wrestlers. Heard it probably three times since I started watching WWE again (about 2years ago). First was KO at the FoF, Ciampa then Big Cass.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.