[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>worked a stupid carnie to pay him millions of dollars a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: GOAT.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
>worked a stupid carnie to pay him millions of dollars a year just to show up 4 times in a year and perform for 10 minutes each match
how did he do it?
>>
Bud Light
>>
>push John Cena for 10 years as a baby face despite him being hated and booed and falling rating
>convince yourself cena was a success
>try to make cena 2.0 with Roman reigns

This is what happens when you are successful despite yourself
>>
File: image_20151219_190740.jpg (27KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
image_20151219_190740.jpg
27KB, 736x736px
>>2906047
Is this what an actual internet smark believes? That Cena didn't rake in millions for the WWE? WTF is wrong with you stupid idiots?
>Reigns isn't a huge success with the actual demogrographic that this children's show is aiming for

I'm actually ashamed of myself for even responding to this b8.
>>
>>2906040
>Gifted """""""athlete"""""""
>Mainstream
>>
>>2906286
Cena turned a shitton of fans away from WWE because they didn't like seeing him win all the time.
>>
>>2906312
>A shit-ton of smarks rebelled on the Internet against something they never actually supported in the first place

Ftfy. It's a carny, it was never supposed to be as big as it got (unironically) in the first place. The rise of affordable Internet+mobile devices was the slow, inevitable death-knell for televised drama.
>>
>>2906346
Dude, Cena winning all the fucking time was great for people who were kids at the time but for all of those fans who the AE brought in it was boring and lame to have one guy head and shoulders stronger than everyone else.
>>
>>2906346
>The rise of affordable Internet+mobile devices was the slow, inevitable death-knell for televised drama.

Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
>>
>>2906357
Many of the fans*
>>
>>2906359
>pretending WWE hasn't lost its audience since Cena became THE Guy

Who are you even attempting to fool here?
>>
>>2906375
No I agree with you, I was correcting myself because 'all' felt extreme.
>>
>>2906044
Coors light
>>
>>2906286
Yeah Cena made millions...compared to the real draws making millions and on top of that, EVERYONE else on the show making bank because no one was turned away. The pot shrunk because of Cena, who is an utter failure as a draw. You're an idiot and you're calling other people stupid idiots? Get a clue. If he came along during the Boom era, he'd be the third member of American Males and be holding Buff's bags until the split when Buff would go over by burying John.
>>
>>2906358
Not to mention all the wildly successful shows on streaming services.

This isn't the problem. We already have the Network and NJworld. I would argue that WWE doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from other offerings. As it is now, the shows seem like shitty reality/variety shows. Personally, I still think a sports oriented presentation is what works best. Simulating the drama of an athletic competition, with some glitz on the side, is the niche wrestling lives in. They've gotten away from that.
>>
>>2906044
This Bud's for your!
>>
>>2906286
imagine being so against logic that you fail to see Cena and his booking has pretty much single-handedly Killed a massive portion of WWE's fanbase.

rofl
>>
>>2906375
They lost most of their audience before Cena became The Guy. 2002-04 was the big drop off.
>>
>>2906768
Yea because of Triple H... the pre-cena cena..
>>
>>2906040
By being an actual draw.
>>2906357
So you mean like Austin who NEVER lost clean in his top time?
>>
>>2906286
I'll give you Cena but please don't try and pretend Roman is some huge success.
>>
>>2906040
If Lesnar isn't going to resign with WWMeme I hope he actually starts to wrestle some matches again.
>>
>>2906779
You mean Austin, who actually wasn't hated by the fans?
>>
>>2906836
Might wanna go read those internet posts from that time. Smark favorites were HHH, Angle, and Benoit
>>
>>2906840
Smarks today are a vocal minority, smarks 20 years ago were a group of autistic teenagers. Austin is the biggest draw ever.
>>
>>2906779
>Brock
>a draw

WM XIX did 280,000 less buys than WM X8 and WM XX. Brocketty being a draw is an utter myth.
>>
I've always said it, but Brock is way smarter than anyone gives him credit for. He's more than just a meathead.

Look at last year to this year for example. At one point there was the idea to pit Brock against Shane McMahon for Mania, and it was teased a little. But then when Goldberg came back for what was initially a one off match, it was apparently Brocks idea to run the angle all the way to Mania. He even suggested the idea that Goldberg just absolutely demolish him along the way. Lesnar was smart enough to see that this would only draw even more, and it worked out even to the point of giving Lesnar another title run.

That's fucking smart. Lesnar wormed his way out of a shitty match with Shane, and turned it all the way round into a title match for himself instead.
>>
>>2906926
nobody cares
>>
>>2906939
You cared enough to reply :^)
>>
>>2906286
Cena raked in millions in mercy while losing them millions in TV advertising
>>
>>2906824
By today's standards, he is. He moves merch, and people tune in to boo/cheer him, whether ironically or unironically.

And what I meant by 'Internet+mobile devices' is that ratings are down for everything, mainly because people have an absurd amount of choices for entertainment now (Youtube, Netflix, gaming, etc.,..)
>>
>>2906044
but they didn't pay him
>>
>>2906286
Kek, kids don't even like Roman.
>>
>>2906286
Cena also single handedly drove away a good chunk of WWEs audience. The ratings reflect it but e drones hate numbers and data so I don't blame you.

Cena was a success though, but you're the one baiting if you think Roman is a success.
>>
>>2906845
No, Smarks are far less a minority and far more vocal today.
>>
>>2906845
Smarks are a majority today, grandpa.
>>
>>2907681
>the state of ALL OF (YOU)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.