[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You become a billionaire and decide to buy the WWE. How do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Vince-McMahon-money.0.0.jpg (168KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vince-McMahon-money.0.0.jpg
168KB, 1600x900px
You become a billionaire and decide to buy the WWE. How do you make the company a mainstream hit again?
>>
>>2903847

Give a shit about the product and bring back the edgy must see TV product we all loved.

That would go a long way to making the product better.
>>
>>2903847
I hire real TV writers and listen to them. The dumb wrasslers are also instructed to respect them and build a rapport with them. The writers are told to write in bullet points and outlines, not write out promos in their entirety.

I book towards angles and arcs, not towards a never-ending soap opera. Storylines are planned in the long term with contingency plans set in place if injury occurs.

Like Vince, I am not so much worried about the week to week ratings or who the live fans actively cheer for. These things are taken into account, but you must look at the bigger picture.

2nd generation shitters like Bray Wyatt are simply fired.
>>
i don't know about mainstream hit, or even how feasible it is, but for my own selfish dream world i would look at the booking and what to do next, every fortnight instead of every ~4 months.

when RAW is 3 hours every week, and you're watching that same Jerico/Owens feud still going, its no wonder people don't bother watching - even if the stars are really good and people like them, we get bored eventually.

i understand you have this traveling roadshow and a lot of work goes into matches, so if two guys work together you take that programme and run it for as many tickets as it will milk - but it makes really fucking shit TV. i want WWE to actually feel like a roster of wrestlers having matches, instead of lots of partners that work together.
>>
Shut it down.
>>
>>2903851
Edgy TV is proven to not work in 2017
>>
If you want it to be mainstream, you need

1) Better writing.
2) Better characters.
3) Make Raw less of a drag
4) A bonafide megastar who breaks into the mainstream <-- this is the important one.

For 1, it's pretty simple, you hire real writers, a mix of professional writers and wrestling types. You have them work together to write out long term angles with stakes and consequences where people wanna come back every week to see what happens next. There should probably be a guy whose job is to create a "WWE Bible" and he basically monitors internal consistency.

For 2, you have the talent and the writers work closely together to establish the voices of the characters, how they talk, what their motivations are and how those motivations inform their actions on the show. Cut down on the fake scripted corporate speak. Have them talk like real people.

For 3, just fucking mix the show up a bit more. I dunno, maybe have the middle hour be all Cruiserweights and let them actually wrestle like Cruiserweights.

4 is the hard one. You need to push a variety of people, see who gets over and if someone gets over big try and get behind them and push them to the mainstream. You might need to get somebody from the outside. Basically, just stop actively burying your talent and see who has a shot at becoming a star.
>>
I would hire Dave Meltzer to run creative, without returning to TV-14 to appease my sponsors, and hire competent people in the business side of things to do work instead of relying on nepotism and old ass yes-men like Hayes and Dunn
>>
>>2903847
Real pro wrasslin. Nobody wants this fake pageantry bullshit anymore. I clean house and fire the whole stable. I recruit a bunch of hardass Sumo wrestlers and legit sub artists. Ok,old school catch rules win by pin, retirement or knock out. palm strikes and forearm strikes are allowed. No other strikes allowed except for shin kicking while in a tie up.

No weight classes. bottom limit is 225.
>>
>>2903847
TV MA or sign with HBO or Showtime. Blood. Titties. Uncensored, unscripted promos. Fire the indy manlets. Bring back Bischoff and Russo. Collect dimes.
>>
>>2903847
>Hire a creative team that actually knows how to write a wrestling show instead of soap opera rejects
>Promos are now bullet points only, that way we can really see who can and cannot speak
>If you can't cut a promo, then you're not a main eventer
>When choosing my FOTC, take more into account than just looks
>Bring back larger than life characters
>Allow talent to get over, if they can
>Use GM type figures sparingly
>Comprehensive storylines that don't get forgotten a week later

Thanks for reading my blog
>>
File: jRwVK0O.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>>2903932
>I would hire Dave Meltzer to run creative
>>
Braun Strowman wins all the belts
>>
>>2903847
>Stop drug testing
>Hire terrible writers, encourage them do drugs with the talent
>Midgets
>Midgets on drugs
>Hire a very dumb person to watch the show, his only job is to guess what's going to happen and if what he comes up with is better than what we had planned, we go with that
>Also, give that guy lots of drugs
Basically make it the 80s again
>>
I'd take Vince's gimmick and make everyone job to me
>>
1. Stop pretending that the women's division will ever produce TV-worthy entertainment based on wrestling skill. It never, ever will. If they're going to wrestle, it will be a secondary consideration right behind how sexy they look while doing it. Their solo matches would also be 5 minutes, max.

2. Hire a few TV-grade actors, train them to be wrestlers. It will mean more vanilla midgets, but the trade off will be more compelling storylines and quality filmed cuts. Ideally, the end result of a storyline (promos, filmed segments, and in-ring) would be something that you could compile together as a loose movie.

3. Appeal to blacks a lot more. Where they go, white teens follow. The lack of a teen market is what is killing WWE, like a sink hole in between the Cena kids market and the nostalgiafag 30+ crowd. Have black wrestlers that aren't neutered weeaboo numales like New Day. Don't push it so much that you drive away any whites, but make a very clearly defined black stable that can entice other blacks to tune in.

4. No more nepotism or selective grooming. It's been clearly demonstrated that the "it" factor is a bullshit lie and that the Roman Reigns technique of pushing only drives people away. If a wrestler wants to get over, they'll go beyond safe styles and catapult themselves. Being over with management doesn't mean shit, it's being over with crowds that counts.
>>
Rebrand RAM and start cross promotion with other feds.
>>
1. Bill everything as a Shoot fights, even though it's fake (like UFC and boxing)
2. grime and death metal
3. urban anarchist imagery
4. $5,000 for any wrestler using moves that require opponent's co-operation to execute.
>>
Rip off the latest hit show-IE Raw gets a Game of Thrones makeover or Breaking Bad facelift if it's the new cultural phenomenon.
>>
>>2904242
>4. $5,000 for any wrestler using moves that require opponent's co-operation to execute.
So there will be no moves?
>>
Replace the outside of the ring with lava and metal-armoured sharks.
HDTV mat.
Get rid of the corporate jet flights, repurpose them for "chuck your opponent off the plane" matches.
More iron man matches between giants and technicians for David vs Goliath fights.
HDTV ropes.
Get rid of camera shaky shit.
HDTV referees.
Sack Dunn.
>>
>>2903928
How is it?
>>
hire heyman and let him run the show tbqh
>>
>>2904296
>HDTV referees.
You can broadcast the match on the referee during the commercial breaks so nobody misses the action. It's brilliant.
>>
>>2904267
Very few moves actively require co-operation to hit. Styles clash, tombstone piledriver. A few of the overhead slams and flippy shits.
>>
They should unironically go full Netflix and just film everything in one location that has the best crowds, only traveling to other cities for PPVs. Then stop pandering to children
>>
No more retarded comic book personas like it's 1988.

Fill upper divisions with people with athletic skill who know how to perform instead of whoever hurls the most cornball one-liners.

Forget the fucking little kids.

Base it off the Attitude Era when wrestling was badass.

Basically, listen to the smarks, the connoisseurs who know shit from shinola unlike the mouth-breathing normalshits.
>>
>>2904388

LOL
>>
stop cutting off matches for fucking commercial breaks!!!
>>
Replace all the "it's a good wrestler and wants to win the belt" gimmick for weirder ones, or force these guys in huge stables to make the interaction with the other stable members their definiting qualities.
Have always at least three storylines that doesn't revolve around belts.
Stop having every belt defended on every PPV if there wasn't a good buildup.
Allow crossover matches.
Fire CFO$.
>>
>>2903847
>all these dumb ass niggas forgetting about house shows
My god you guys are idiots
>>
>>2904410
If there was a wrestling promotion that had a netflix deal that would be so awesome
>>
>>2904388
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>2904507
xD
>>
>>2904528
think about what that would do for wrestling to have a decent promotion on netflix that normies would maybe give a chance
>>
>>2904531
:o
>>
File: dragonunchucks.0.jpg (49KB, 847x475px) Image search: [Google]
dragonunchucks.0.jpg
49KB, 847x475px
>>2904507
Yeah, imagine
>>
>>2904534
>Champions are protected and rarely wrestle on free TV. If people want to see them they need to buy the network

This is the only problem I have with your post. Champions are supposed to be people who will draw a crowd. How would you do that if you won't have them wrestle?
>>
File: 1422131406261.gif (850KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1422131406261.gif
850KB, 200x210px
>Promos are no longer fully scripted, bullet points return. Anyone that can't handle this generally has a midcard ceiling, but rare exceptions will be made for the most charismatic individuals that can get by on little speaking
>GMs play a minimal role ala Regal on NXT
>Allow wrestlers to improv to an extent
>Wins and losses matter, wrestlers don't get title shots just by demanding them. Bring in some form of coherent ranking system
>Avoid contrived storylines, keep it simple and logical
>Corporate buzzwords like sports entertainment, WWE Universe etc are abolished. Try to give the show a more natural feel
>Champions are protected and rarely wrestle on free TV. If people want to see them they need to buy the network
>Make effort to restore prestige to titles with more defences, fewer champions and more prominent storylines
>Stop shilling the women's revolution and forcing them into main events. They're only allowed to main event if they genuinely earn it
I don't really care about being mainstream desu. Just bringing back some jaded fans would be enough. I'd try to grow the audience but not hugely, because usually the more popular something is the dumber and more watered down it has to become.
>>
>>2904543
By way of them being interesting and credible. They'll still be on TV most weeks and have segments but they'll feel more special if most of the wrestling is done on PPV.
>>
>>2903847
Make Roman go over every single wrestler for 3 hours every single week
>>
>>2904557
What about house shows? Would you keep the same format of hokey title defenses?
>>
>>2904565
No. Champs would still regularly wrestle on house shows
>>
>>2904413
>>2904520
>being this dim

There is a difference between taking a bump and "...well now I will grip onto you, so that you can hit me with this move that drops me on my head. Whereas if I just let go and went limp you couldn't get me off the floor".

I don't believe you can actually be that stupid for real, so it's got to be bait.
>>
>>2904576
I should add, it wouldn't apply to all of the titles. I'd keep the US open challenge going on TV for example. It would be moreso the world champs that get this treatment. If it harms the product then I'd adjust. I just think it's something worth trying in order to make top stars actually feel special
>>
Dragons and Ice Zombies.

Also, a lot more color in PPV matches.
>>
>get rid of the McMahons altgough maybe keep Shane
>make sure wins and losses count, and title shots are earned over big wins, like a ranking system
>wrestlers would be encouraged to make their characters more fleshed out, most wrestlers are given free reign to ab-lib
>push people to see who could work as the next big thing, Big Dawg ain't working
>bring back protected chairshots and blood as something for PPVs at least
>>
> All these big lists
Just kick out Vince. Done.

The writers probably do have some good ideas, but probably get shut down by Vince and Dunn all the time.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.