[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Liger, Kojima, and Tenzan vs Finlay, Elgin, and Robinson:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Alternative Sports.jpg (44KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
Alternative Sports.jpg
44KB, 720x447px
>Liger, Kojima, and Tenzan vs Finlay, Elgin, and Robinson: 3
A really solid opener. A cut above the usual filler tag matches that start these shows. Seeing Liger on a winning team is always nice, and David Finlay made himself stand out to me. Big Mike was a little underutilized compared to everyone else, but that's my biggest complaint.
>El Desparado, Taichi, and Suzuki vs Omega, Owens, and Tonga: 3.5
This got me all hot and bothered over Suzuki vs Omega at day 2. Chase Owens was more impressive than Tonga here. Desperado didn't have a lot to do but Taichi got a good showcase here. I usually don't enjoy the starts of NJPW shows this much so if you feel the same as me you should consider not skipping it this time.
>Takahashi and Evil vs Bushi and Sanada: 3.25
I liked seeing an LIJ grudge match. In particular, I think Bushi set himself apart as a cut above the others. Takahashi on the other hand seemed to be phoning it in a bit.
>Yano and Jado vs Okada and Gedo: N/A
Piss-break and tea brewing match. Can't really review this one. Ending was shit though.
>>
>>2893473
Yoshi-Hashi vs Nagata: 3.75
I thought this was a stellar match to open the tournament with. They kept up an insane pace and had me at the edge of my seat anticipating a finish every other moment and the finish I got looked pretty damn painful if you ask me. I hope Nagata can bounce back and find some momentum in the tournament.
>Bad Luck Fale vs Makabe: 3.5
I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised with what I got. Bad Luck Fale looked like a monster and by the end of the match I was ready for him to go all the way in the tournament. Makabe really did a great job putting Fale over but the poor guy looked like enhancement talent for most of this match.
>Goto vs Ishii: 3.75
One particular moment that stood out to me was when Goto was on the turnbuckle and Ishii leapt up lile a torpedo for a pretty sick looking headbutt. They did start things off slow with a few too many chops to the chest. Overall just a tad less exciting than the first match of the tournament was.
>Sabre Jr. vs Tanahashi: 0
Somebody tell this crumpets fag not to break his own submission holds.
>Naito vs Ibushi: 4.25
Fell a little bit short of my expectations if I'm being honest. Possibly because I had the ending spoiled shortly before watching it. Still one of the best matches and one of the most authentic feeling main events all year. Throw away all of your console war bullshit and watch this match if you enjoy wrestling.
>>
>0 stars for ZSJ

based
>>
>>2893548
I don't understand who he's bending over for to get the career he has
>>
>>2893600
Some people enjoy overly choreographed spots because it looks cool, despite how unrealistic and pointless it actually is
>>
>>2893623
I can understand that for flippyshit like Ospreay and Ricochet but not for grappling. What personally excites me about grappling is a long realistic fight to reach the bottom ropes, and there's nothing I like more than some good finger/wrist bending. ZSJ should be right up my alley but he does nothing to hide how choreographed his matches are and it reads more to me like a parody of the wrestling style I like rather than an honest representation of it.
>>
>>2893631
He's also a really shit seller that takes me out of his matches all the time. But on the topic of submission work: watching a classic Bryan Danielson match from ROH and then watching a recent ZSJ match is like night and day. Danielson knew how to wring every bit of emotion out of a single submission and really made you believe his opponent was genuinely in pain. But ZSJ only does submissions to show off. Every fucking time he locks something on it's always about how COOL and NIFTY the submission or transition is and nothing beyond that. I love creative technical wrestling as much as the next nerd, but it just feels so shallow with him.
>>
>>2893631
That's definitely how I feel too. I love technical wrestling. Absolutely love it. But ZSJ is just so bad at it. He wrestles in slow motion and nothing he does looks realistic. Too choreographed. If you can't do a technical style without having to do it in slow motion, try something else.
>>
>>2893473
Lol. It says EAT BALLS.
>>
>>2893707
Hideki Suzuki > ZSJ
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.