[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did one's rebellious gimmick work and the other's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Why did one's rebellious gimmick work and the other's rebellious gimmick flop?
>>
Because Shawn is a faggot that no one took seriously as a bad ass
>>
If it wasn't for the Kliq, nobody in the locker room would've taken shit from Shawn and that was before Austin even came to the WWF.

Also the 1998 injury didn't help.
>>
dx was cringey and austin wasnt
>>
Shawn dressed like a queer and had his gay dancing and shit
>>
>>2892200
Because Austin beat his boss and Michaels just beat off his boss.
>>
>>2892200
I thought DX HBK worked - it was when fans finally began accepting him. Prior to that the whole 1996 - mid 1997 HBK sissy village popel pretty boy act was cringe and bombed.
>>
>>2892234
/Thread
>>
>>2892200
HBK was a a great technical guy, but couldn't do brawling shit. He also spent most of his career as either a prettyboy face or a prettyboy heel. It'd be like if they tried to give Dolph Ziggler the "Hall of Pain" gimmick.
>>
Because HBK's gimmick was being Vince's stripper boytoy.
>>
Austin had the help of Mike Tyson drawing a huge buyrate for Mania 14.

Shawn had the help of Lawrence Taylor and fucking Pam Anderson
>>
File: 124595984320.png (50KB, 190x306px) Image search: [Google]
124595984320.png
50KB, 190x306px
>>2892234
>implying sophomoric humor that appealed to the 18-35 y/o demographic is supposed to make you look like a badass

I don't think you understood the DX gimmick.
>>
>>2892200
HBK had the aura of prettyboy who didn't really need to work to get shit. Austin had the aura of "I'm going to beat the shit out of you.
>>
>texas rattlesnake that beats everyone up and drinks beer vs. a literal gay stripper
yep it's a real noddlescratcher alright
>>
>>2893574
and i don't think you know what sophomoric means
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.