[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I'm Russian and I wanna get into watching american

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 4k3BGnDmrrM.jpg (221KB, 850x987px) Image search: [Google]
4k3BGnDmrrM.jpg
221KB, 850x987px
Hey, I'm Russian and I wanna get into watching american wrestling. I was never exposed to it, so can you give me some advice on what I should watch? I know there's WWE, TNA, and some other franchises, those have various sub-championships (?) and it all looks like a mish-mash of random abbreviations to me.
Is there a particular franchise or particularly good seasons within those franchises you can recommend?
No weeb shit pls.
>>
Watch wrestling reloaded on YouTube
>>
>>2880312
Very funny, anon, but could you at least give me a quick rundown of most popular franchises. WWE seems to be the most popular one, but there are a lot of people shitting on it for being a shitty circus instead of a wrestling show.
>>
>>2880306
WWE is the big circus. Lots of weird stories and mishandled wrestlers, but by being the biggest promotion it is kind of guaranteed that the best wrestlers will end up there eventually, so you end up with some good stuff almost in spite of management.
The WWE network is probably a good buy, since it gets you every Pay-Per View, as well as tons of back-catalog stuff, NXT (which is their 'developmental' brand, but lots of people like more than Raw/Smackdown), it's just the TV stuff gets there on a Delay.

TNA/Impact Wrestling is kind of the 'Other' TV wrestling show, and it doesn't have a great reputation. Went through some management shakeups, and I think is now owned by people who do a lot of MMA and Boxing stuff, dunno how that will be reflected.

ROH Is Ring of Honor, which tries to do a kind of MMA style of presentation. Don't have much experience with them, though their wrestlers tend to do a whole lot of inter-promotional work. And they put on pretty good shows on other promotions.
>>
Fuck off Vlad
>>
>>2880306
If you really care, you'll start with the Network and such to view PPVs starting from the territories until Ruthless Aggression.

Don't even think of being like these shmucks who not only weren't watching then but think they're "wrestling" fans today having never watched actual wrestling.

I'm telling you, and this is a fact, Yakov, in the U.S. even now people who watched wrestling in the late 90s switch to USA and see WWE for the first time in years and only think "what... the... FUCK". I guarantee you this happens somewhere out there at least once a week for years.

I tried it myself. The only thing you're losing rewatching the better times is that you know it's not live, but just compare one episode from then and now and you'll see there is very little of a liveness anymore anyway.

You will even get to learn about American pop culture this way! I hope you take my sincere advice!
>>
>>2880306
go away
>>
Just watch raw and smackdown this week. You probably won't enjoy it that much because you've never experienced it but it'll grow on you. I started watching again at summerslam last year after stopping for a good 10 years...I didn't know many of the wrestlers so at first I was pretty bored but once I started to get their characters it was a fun time. Majority of my free time is used watching wrestling related stuff, mostly just wwe/njpw.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.