[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On latest Steve Austin podcast he refereed to NJPW as a pay cheque

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

File: JimRossNJPWBN.png (397KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
JimRossNJPWBN.png
397KB, 777x437px
On latest Steve Austin podcast he refereed to NJPW as a pay cheque and Kenny Omega should sign with wwe

Why does NJPW put up with this shill?
>>
Kenny strikes me as a guy who would hate WWE due to their restrictions in making matches. He might go for an easy pay check in 10 years when he's finished in Japan and is past his prime.
>>
axs likes him because hes a bigger draw than kevin kelly
>>
File: BUSHI.jpg (82KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
BUSHI.jpg
82KB, 600x899px
plz retire JR
>>
>>2873796
Based JR.

Who Japan BTFO.
>>
>>2873802
Do the 2,500 people with that channel in the United States even know who JR is? It also begs the question, would someone actually follow NJPW for JR's lackluster commentary?
>the Teriyaki Boys
>>
JR is being incredibly petty about this, he absolutely refuses to take the L and keeps going on about pettiness and trolls and rubbing his dead wife in people's faces when all people wanted was for him to do his damn job proper.
>>
>guy that can't tell the difference between the fucking BRISCOS giving someone advice

JR really doesn't have it anymore and if he thinks WWE would use Omega for anything other than a spot on 205 Live, he's delusional.
>>
JR hates the Japs. Pearl Harbour and all that shit.

Old school, lads.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 190x265px
>>
File: jr.jpg (18KB, 227x216px) Image search: [Google]
jr.jpg
18KB, 227x216px
>>2873825
HERE COMES IBUSHI!
>>
JR also downplayed the Bullet Club t-shirt sales as "small time", that they'd sell far more in WWE.

I don't think he said a positive thing about New Japan or their wrestlers the entire 2 hour podcast.
>>
>>2873801
Kenny hated WWE so much he fucking left before even making it into the main roster proper, he was on DSW for about 10 months, jobbing to Heath Slater in dark matches and getting "ribbed" by DeMott and Hardcore Holly.

Meanwhile Zack Ryder put up with years of people LITERALLY shoving their exposed asshole into his face and look what that got him now.
>>
>>2873829
Fucking kek. He was like Art Donovan at King of the Ring 1994, dude is losing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AbN5dySl4
>>
What I don't understand is how could you be so loyal and dedicated to a company that regularly mocked you and eventually fired your ass for something that wasn't even your fault?

JR has reached Ascended Jedi E-Drone status.
>>
>>2873858
that's what cult member do, anon
>>
>>2873839
>Kenny hated WWE so much he fucking left before even making it into the main roster proper, he was on DSW for about 10 months, jobbing to Heath Slater in dark matches and getting "ribbed" by DeMott and Hardcore Holly.

Or, to put it another way, Brian Christopher had a better career.
>>
>>2873865
>kenny omega is so popular he bridges the gap between video games, wrestling, japan, and usa
>NJPW uses him to move into the US
>NJPW doing the best it's ever done internationally solely on his back
>compares him to scotty too hotty's partner

k
>>
>>2873839
I'm sure losing dark matches would sour anyone, happened to AJ Styles in the WWE and he got butthurt, came back and hasn't looked back since then.

Kenny is just a weeb who won't give in to temptation.
>>
>>2873877
I'm sure all the losing he did wasn't the problem, he's not Low Ki, but he has said that the coaches went out of their way to fuck with him specifically because they didn't like their look and style, and that DSW was the most miserable time of his life.
>>
>>2873872
>video games
What the fuck?
>>
>>2873872
>tfw no Sephiroth and Kenny team up in some crossover FF NJPW vidya
>>
>>2873915
he's a huge nerd and likes fighting games. he regularly competes at big tourneys for street fighter, and the crowd is full of bullet club shirts.
>>
>>2873865
Yeah I guess it's a shame that he wasn't given a main roster spot because of nepotism and isn't a complete fucking no dime drawing joke like Brian Christopher
>>
>>2873915
>Has moves called One Winged Angel, Hadouken, Dr. Wily Bomb, Flash Man's Time Stopper, V-Trigger and Croyt's Wrath (after a minor viral video of a kid going full blown autistic meltdown over Halo)
>Straight up came to the ring with Mega Man music when he was a face
>Regularly shows up in fighting game tournaments/internet shows to wipe the floor with Xavier Woods
>>
>>2873941
his theme right now is basically sephiroth's theme.

https://youtu.be/fLI3fSgccZU?t=70
>>
>finn balor was never going to be in the iwgp hw title picture
>got no bullet club royalties even though he created it
>he leaves to headline nxt and become the inaugural raw champ
>nakamura out of the main title picture for five years stuck elevating the ic belt
>he leaves to headline nxt
>g&a were not going to be given a real singles run and their tag run was falling on the card
>they leave and carry the belts into wrestlemania
>aj gets literally two title runs
>leaves anyway because vince threw money at him, gets the strap and a clean win over cena

If Gedo doesn't treat Kenny right, he will go to Vince.

The current issue is LIJ is very popular in Japan, and this might lead Gedo to push Naito instead of Kenny.
>>
>>2873974
>push Naito instead of Kenny

good
>>
More JR shilling on podcast:

>Stone Cold said Okada Omega best match ever. Jim Ross disagreed.

>Omega has things to improve on, but couldn't elaborate on what.

>Jim Ross said Omega was cheating himself but not going to WWE, he expects him to sign in 2018.
>>
>>2873921
>>2873941
fucking hell this is way more cringeworthy than any of the shit Jim Cornette hates him for.
>>
>>2873823
Americans hate Asians, period. They don't see the difference between japs, chinks, vietcongs, etc. therefore America has been on a feud agains the same people for the last 70 years, either on direct war or economical war.
>>
>>2873807
>filename
kek
>>
>>2873984
well enjoy cringing in your mom's basement, while kenny remains an international superstar.
>>
>>2873983
JR is the fucking worst now. I'm positive Vince slipped him a few more bucks to sink the G1 Long Beach shows. He and Barnett knew nothing about the storylines, nothing about the wrestlers and couldn't even tell them apart - and not just the masked guys, like he claimed was the problem, he didn't even know the difference between the Briscoes. And now he goes off, continuing to shit on the product he was paid to call, and say their top talent would be better suited elsewhere. Fuck JR.
>>
it depends on when Vince dies/steps down. If Kenny went to WWE while Vince was in charge he would be a comedy jobber. If he went when HHH/Steph were in charge he would probably get a lot more creative freedom and be booked properly.
>>
>>2873796
That is not at all what he said. Did you even listen to it? What is your comprehension level of the English language?
>>
>>2873820
Lol what omega is a pretty big guy
>>
>>2874015
Lol
>>
>>2874035
I think the point was more that they'd relegate Omega to nothing garbage instead of strapping the rocket to his back like they should
>>
Kenny is overrated as fuck.

This shit is the emperor's new clothes where meltzer says something is really good and everyone else pretends to agree with him even though they know it's not actually good
>>
File: the cleaner.webm (664KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
the cleaner.webm
664KB, 480x270px
>>2874056
E-drone, begone
>>
>>2874056
we liked omega before meltz gave him 32 out of 5 stars. have sex.
>>
>>2874056
t. vince
>>
>>2874056
E-Drones think he's overrated. People who actually watch New Japan regularly know the praise for him is accurate.
>>
>>2874055
He makes a point about the WWE system not being a good fit for him. They both agreed that he thinks about the business a bit differently and that WWE probably wouldn't facilitate what he wants to do.

Austin is the one with big dreams for Kenny, but I think even he is skeptical that WWE would use him right. Every time he comes up, he seems more and more reserved about him ever coming over.
>>
>>2874035
For you.
>>
>>2874056
This is the post of someone who doesn't like wrestling.
>>
>>2873858
This. He was being bullied by Vince but still goes back
>>
>>2874060
>>2874064
>>2874065
>>2874067
>>2874076
watch out guys, next thing he's gonna do is tell us he's working us into a shoot!
>>
Back in January (Wrestle Kingdom 11) Ross had NJPW in such a positive light on his podcast.

Does he think people don't notice his drastic change in views since rejoining WWE. I have no respect for him.
>>
>>2873998
*sigh*

He isn't even a superstar in Japan you mark, superstars transcend wrestling into mainstream pop culture. To say he is an international superstar is laughable considering the scope of NJPW's (and Omega's) actual popularity worldwide.

So long from the Sunshine State!
>>
File: 1499903370577.png (970KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499903370577.png
970KB, 1366x768px
>>2873801
Guys like Kenny would suffocate in the WWE, the WWE is not the place for able talent that can actually do shit, it's the place old talent ends up when it's washed up, injured or geriatric. The Divas division is the only place in the WWE where you actually see any sort of spark.
>>
>>2873796

I'm convinced that JR is a secret agent sent by WWE.
>>
>>2874126
You were so close
>>
>>2873796
Vince bullied JR into being the ultimate WWE shill just like Ramsay Bolton tortured Theon Greyjoy until he became his literal dog.
>>
>>2874142
I didn't say the spark was good, just implied it's the only place I see in the WWE that's even remotely still lively.
>>
Gonna have to give this a listen now. I've defended JR up to now. But if he's going to be shitting on BASED Kenny and saying he should be going to WWE I'll flip my table.
>>
>>2874169
Flip a chair instead, tables are expensive man.
>>
>>2874169
He doesn't. OP is an idiot.

They pretty much agree that Kenny in WWE, should the stars align and he gets the right platform, would be better sooner than later so that he can have a good run. But they seem to know the WWE system wouldn't fit that.
>>
>>2873807
>BUSHI
Holy shit thanks for the laugh anon.
>>
>>2873974
Yeah but Naito is fucking great. Since Kenny is busy with the US title I wouldn't be surprised is Naito wins the G1 Climax again which I would be very happy about.
>>
JR's kinda being a mark here. If he played up like he might go either way then Vince would give him a better contract to get him back.

I think he's just pissy people buried his long beach commentary.
>>
>>2874218
>everyone should be happy about

Fixed that for you.

Even my GF likes Naito.
>>
JR being a shill. Shocking.
>>
>>2873839
He also wanted to comeback when he left you gay ass mark
>>
>>2874143
Tortured to become a dog, like anyone who becomes a fan of that shit.
>>
>Kay Lee Ray is a member of [ICW tag team] Filthy Generation... Whatever the hell that is

Oh my God JR, you fucking has-been, stop burying everything, why even bring this up if you're just going to shit on it?
>>
File: static.jpg (43KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
static.jpg
43KB, 750x750px
If you thought the G1 commentary was bad, the Mae Young commentary is going to be dreadful.

He has absolutely no idea who anyone is and Lita isn't much help
>>
>>2875176
to be fair it's pre recorded isn't it, the finals will be horrendous though, absolutely can't wait
>>
>>2873796
He used to have credibility for his work to attract the casuals, or at the very least nostalgia factor to retain the hardcores. Now he has none and satisfied with getting paid as WWE shills. Soon enough, most likely after MYC, his career will be as dead as his wife
>>
>>2875248
What do you mean? They record the commentary live at the taping, sure editing can save SOME of it, I guess. But's it's not like they're doing voice over after the fact.
>>
>>2875256
>But's it's not like they're doing voice over after the fact.
They can though. It's not that hard. And don't they have like a month before its released on the network? WWE is all about their production.
>>
>smarks turned on JR because he doesn't suck gook dick
Who's next? Will DBryan say something against NJPW and smarks will call him a shit wrestler
>>
>>2875269
>I'm a mindless drone so I just assume everyone else is too
I've been dreading JR since before he left full time WWE, his later years there were the drizzling shits.
>>
File: Chris Benoit rip.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Benoit rip.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>tfw the CWC should have been called The Chris Benoit Classic
>>
>>2875269
he's been shit for a while dude, just because gooks live in your head rent free doesn't change the face that's he's garbage
>>
>>2875256
If it's as bad as the G1 special commentary no doubt will they beg him to come back and rerecord some
>>
>>2873881
>DSW was the most miserable time of his life.

lol what a faggot
>>
>>2873811
>Do the select few that go out of their way to find a wrestling show on an obscure channel even know one of the most well-known commentators who was the voice of the WWE when wrestling was at the height of its popularity and still calls WWE matches every once in a blue moon?

What a stupid question. I don't care if you were being facetious. He's obviously not there as the main draw, but as a selling point to the smarks that like to rag on WWMeme's commentary despite the fact that he's getting exposed as the know-nothing shitter that he truly is.
>>
>>2875324
>he's getting exposed as the know-nothing shitter that he truly is

He spent a fuck ton of years in the rasslin business. He's far from a know nothing shitter. And he didn't get fired because his skills diminished. Your just mad because he called a couple of twinks the Teriyaki Boys on a show that 34 people watched.
>>
>>2875354
Yeah, whatever. This faggot is nothing without his tard handler Vince telling him what to do.
>>
>>2875284
He performed great at that special in the network and during WM. Your gook bias attacks everyone who dares criticize your precious gook wrestling
>>
>>2875376
JR kept repeating lines Nigel McGuniness had said verbatim, sometimes seconds after. I'm convinced he has serious memory problems.
>>
>>2875376
He was horrible at wrestlemania.
>>
>>2873974
What? Balor was without any doubt going to be in the IWGP hevyweight championship picture, he even got aome wins over Tana and some matches for said championship with Okada
>>
>>2875437
>stuck in jr hw hell
>not even realistically in the ic title picture
>iwgp hw champ

that match with okada was to pad okada's record, he was a soup can fed to gedo's roman reigns.
>>
>>2874015
Imagine actually believing this shit
>>
>>2875455
>Why AJ Styles who were Balor's replacement literally won the belt on his first night?

Devitt would have won the hw belt after the next WK.
>>
>>2875455
Midgets shouldn't be in the HW division anyway. I think it's part of the reason people find NJ to be more like old school wrestling. A 5"6 180 lb guy shouldn't be able to compete with a 300 lb guy, unless he just gets killed.
>>
>>2874189
Yet look at how ready all the smarks and Nip-Drones are to turn on JR. Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>2874313
Mmm Naito ...
>>
JR is a big WWE homer and he can't help it.

I remember when the Hardys came on his show a few years ago and they were eager to talk about the best of five series with the Wolves and 3D in TNA that they just finished filming, and JR would just totally no sell it and start talking about 1999.
>>
>>2875269
Based JR, keeping weebs mad.
Watch the actual show, how it's meant to be watched, if you don't like JR. You won't even hear a mention of him.
Michael Cole and Otunga fan club out in force today.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.