[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if they don't put the belt [IWGP Heavyweight Championship]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: le_meltz.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
le_meltz.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>if they don't put the belt [IWGP Heavyweight Championship] on him [Kenny Omega] by July, then they're missing the boat. If they're going to expand in America they're going to do it through Kenny Omega. He's a better promo than Okada, he's more charismatic than Okada. And he and Okada are the two best in the world, but I don't know, maybe Omega with his big matches makes him the best...
This is what le Meltz said after WK11 in January. It's now July. Kenny is champion now, but not THE champion. Was le Meltz right now this? It's also interesting how on the recent WOR, he's doubled down on Omega being the best in the world.
>>
>>2851440
If Omega was Japanese, he'd be the champion for sure right now.
>>
No meltzer is just a fag who thought he could use his position as the only wrestling critic to influence new japan to book a guy he likes as the champion. Omega was a placeholder and was never going to win against Okada, the guy is a clown who has competitive matches with blow up dolls and children.

Kenny was a flop in the main event so they created a special title just for him to get him away from it without pissing off the westerners
>>
Meltzer pushes a narrative, he's always done this. You can trace it back the 90's when he tried to get X-Pac over in the WWF and Kaz Hayashi in the WCW. Problem is too many people just regurgitate his POV and don't think for themselves.
>>
>>2851477

>Kenny getting cheers during both main events and putting on 2 of the greatest matches of all-time
>Flop

Yeah, if that's a flop, I'd love to flop all the time.
>>
>If they're going to expand in America they're going to do it through Kenny Omega.
I mean he's right about this part. And they didn't put the IWGP Heavyweight Championship on him, but they are clearly going to try and do this with the US Heavyweight Championship.

I would've thought Kenny should win the IWGP HC either at Dominion or in Long Beach but hell if I can't say what they did do was better.
>>
>>2851489
>having an opinion is pushing a narrative
the state of this baord
>>
>>2851440
Before he picked up the US title I was certain they'd put the belt on him after his third match with Okada. Now that he's got gold I'm not so sure. Won't know for sure until we find out where the US title sits in the IWGP belt hierarchy; is it the same sort of sub-IC title it is in WWE, or are they legitimately using it as a top belt for their US endeavors?
>>
>>2851440
Okada is just as over as Kenny here, he got a bigger pop in Long Beach. He's also better in the ring and Japanese so the audience in Japan automatically views him as the bigger draw.
It's Naito > Okada > Tana and then maybe Kenny as far as the draws go.
>>
>>2851862
>he got a bigger pop in Long Beach
Take the opponents into consideration though. Okada would've had 100% of the crowd against Former WWE(C) Superstar Cody Rhodes(TM), but the crowd was split more evenly on Omega and Ishii
>>
File: Kenny Omega vs real BC 2.jpg (271KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny Omega vs real BC 2.jpg
271KB, 600x400px
>>2851440
>Kenny Omega
>>
>>2851862
>Okada is over big with Americans
>Reigns is over big with Japanese
Trade 'em.
>>
>>2851853
That would've been stale as fuck. having a main event scene revolve around just two people is stupid.
>>
>>2853419
I mean the whole point of Okada's story right now is that he's having incredible match after incredible match with tons of different opponents with different styles.

So yeah. I think having Okada and Omega on separate tracks where they occasionally cross paths as the, at this point, respectful rivals, is a good idea.
>>
>>2853452
Not really because a lot of Okada's opponents have been crap and logically had no chance of winning ti(Fale or CAWdy come to mind immediately). When Okada is going to drop the belt it should be to someone else and then Kenny can get it from that person.
>>
File: BD_Slater-50pc-593x333.jpg (42KB, 593x333px) Image search: [Google]
BD_Slater-50pc-593x333.jpg
42KB, 593x333px
>>2851440
Kenny needs to go over clean for the storyline to work. I think Kenny could eventually go over but he needs to be a gaijin face for that to happen.
Besides NJPW's big concern now is the expansion.. and they need Kenny to get it over... and besides Kenny's dream is to spread NJPW style wrestling to get over in the west... so he's happy doing what he's doing right now anyway.
Elite will break away from BC and become a face faction and Kenny/Okada will be in a Vegeta/Goku heated rivals position. If the expansion goes over well, Kenny will get a clean win at a big show.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.