[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Meltzer states that the "Boxing with God" promo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: rs-205583-CMPunk_Stathas_055[1].jpg (65KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
rs-205583-CMPunk_Stathas_055[1].jpg
65KB, 1200x630px
>Meltzer states that the "Boxing with God" promo was the nail in the coffin for Rock's career in pro-wrestling. CM Punk carried the entire feud and made The Rock look antiquated.
>>
That line was retarded.
>>
>>2849035
I liked Punk a lot less when he got politicked in to actually dropping the belt to Rock when he was the second hottest full timer. He should have stood his ground.
>>
File: 1457556259644.png (1002KB, 655x745px) Image search: [Google]
1457556259644.png
1002KB, 655x745px
>Melzter states
>>
>>2849035
The Rock went straight self-ether when he went on that really gay and awkward tangent about Punk getting naked in front of the mirror at the end of that promo
>>
>>2849079
I don't think Rock was anticipating Punk to go in on him as hard as he did, it was clear Punk was pissed about having to do the job to Rock so he decided to scorch him to death in the promos to still get over on him. Rock just self destructed with that shit when he couldn't match up. Rock thinking on his feet is mostly just "hurr ur gay durr" and he proved Punk completely right that he could not hang with him on the mic.
>>
>>2849079
>>2849084
Ola Phillipe
>>
>>2849086
Hey Colt Cobana, how you doin'?
>>
>>2849084
Attitude Era Rock could have handled Punk but he's not the same guy anymore.
>>
>>2849084
The joke he was making was "You have a lot of tattoos, and I'm going to kick your candy ass" but the way he fumbled for like a full minute on a tangent about Punk being naked and making you wonder where the fuck this was going is what made it embarrassing
>>
>the absolute state of Melts.
I'd go out on a limb here and suggest that being paid more than any other human on the planet to star in some pretty crumby films was the real cause of Rock's wrestling career getting sidelined.....
>>
>>2849035
faggot op doesnt even post the fucking video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8mfBRsD2s
>>
>>2849109
>cookiepuss
>clangin & bangin
>it doesn't matter
>weird shit about Punk stripping naked
>>
The box with god line was stupid as shit and him getting his ass whopped in ufc makes it even more ironic, but I agree he did bury the rock pretty damn hard and the rock couldn't even comeback.
>>
>>2849109
God i miss CM PUNK.
>>
>>2849109
Punk was all over the place, he babbled on and even contradicted himself. He got rekt.
>>
>>2849109
That Cole fake laugh is so awful
>>
>Meltzer states
>>
>>2849109
>that rocky nut riding from cole
>>
>>2849109
>comments are disabled
Lol don't tease muh rock
Side note the seats on the hardcam side we actually sold.
>>
>>2849042
>>2849128
It's a line that has been used inthe chorus of no less than three rap songs, and originated in a Broadway gospel musical. He jacked itand used it in his usual awkward cringey way, the same with all of his silly comic-book one-liners.
>>
>>2849128
>can't differentiate between real sport and sports entertainment

this is what's killing wrestling

"suspension of disbelief" no longer exists
>>
>>2849140
It not a Rock thing, it's a Cole thing. He got the most unnatural "put on laugh" I ever heard. It sounds fake.
>>
>>2849109
I've seen this a million times, but it never gets old. With the exception of Popeye on Crack, everything the Rock said was so juvenile. This was probably Rock at his worst. Every time Punk goes in for the final delivery, I begin to mark out, it has come to the point that I enact the promo with Punk everytime I watch it.
>>
>>2849109
>Comments are disabled
>>
well, it's in the top 3 promos in the history of the company for a reason
>>
>>2849429
sauce?
>>
>>2849109
The Rock is -only- entertaining when he's wearing sunglasses. Otherwise he sucks and he's always sucked and nobody has aged worse than him.
>>
>implying Rock's promo wasn't litty as fuck.
I straight pissed myself watching it
>>
>>2849095
LOL

you mean the scripts he memorizes before every single promo he ever did could have handled Punk LMAO you faggot ass mark kys
>>
>>2849106
lol mark pls
>>
>>2849306
>>2849417
All of their videos from before 2013 are like that.
>>
>people actually believed OP
>>
>>2849109
That video was 13 minutes long and edited to hell. How long was that segment for real? Did they waste 20-30 minutes of people talking instead of wrestling?
>>
>>2849560
So you're telling me that CM Punk came up with all of that on the fly?
>>
>>2850490
It was a 30-minute segment, CM Spoke for 20 minutes before they did a worked shoot where production comes to the ring and tells Punk to stop since they need to go into a commercial break. Punk continues to preach
>>
>people STILL think punk didn't bite Nas in this promo
>these people would mark out for "you're nobody til somebody kills you"
>these people would mark out for any rap line

Jesus christ
>>
>>2850555
>people STILL think punk didn't bite Nas in this promo
Funniest part. They think Pepsi man is actually clever.
>>
>>2850581
He is though, to some extent
>>
>>2849560
Whatever you say Phil.
>>
DBry calling Cena a parody of wrestling > this > Cena calling Rock on notes under his wristbands
>>
>>2852156
This. Bryan had Cena mad as fuck. For as much shit he gets, Cena is one of the GOATs in the mic and even Bryan had him on his heels on that one.
>>
You guys can talk all the crap you want on CM Punk, just remember he never fell down to the level of Mike Bennett and Matt Hardy
>>
>>2852183
Punk calling Cena the Yankees > Dbry calling him a parody
>>
>>2852156
DBryan got verbally buried by Cena after that
>>
Well he's right. Rock has had one real match which was already scheduled before that promo and one joke match. Most of the time has been back in his Hollywood comfort zone.
>>
>>2852282
No, Dbry went off on a tangent about working in Japan and slapping people in the face, and Cena looked like he didn't understand what was being said but knew he was supposed to get super worked up over it
>>
>>2852183
>>2852204
both are sad losers who can't draw, can't lift, can't even think
>>
>>2852306
Who cares, Randy Orton came out with the MITB and everyone changed the channel
>>
>>2852346
Nicole, you're supposed to be nursing a neck injury.
>>
I don't know what was worse:
>2011 Rock
>2013 Rock
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.