[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Japanese wrestling also have early deaths, steroid abuses,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: hakushi.jpg (62KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
hakushi.jpg
62KB, 500x545px
Does Japanese wrestling also have early deaths, steroid abuses, and the like? Or is it better than the situation in the US?
>>
>>2846372

S h i b a t a

h

i

b

a

t

a
>>
Jap Sabu botched a lionsault got crippled and then killed himself a few years ago. The same thing would have happened to Jericho but Mr Perfect saved him in the last second
>>
>>2846372
Misawa got dropped on his head about 10 billion times and got decapitated by a belly to back suplex as a result. Those poor vertebrae just couldn't take it anymore. As for early deaths, Rikidōzan was murdered because he shot on someone and worked the Yakuza into a shoot. That's all I know.
>>
>>2846396
Not only that, he was murdered with a piss-covered knife.

And yes, there was also he case of Masakazu Fukuda who died due to a hemorrhage caused by a botched elbow drop by Shibata.
>>
>>2846404
I thought that guy who Shibata killed already had a blood clot in his brain, and the impact just dislodged it.
>>
>>2846396
Misawa is dead?
>>
>>2846417
Yes, just like Kobashi.
>>
>>2846372
It's pretty hard to beat the US, hell the WWE roster from even just 2004-2007 has a ridiculous number of dead people
>>
Emiko Cado suffered brain bleeding from a blow to the head during a match and died

Plum Mariko similarly died after taking a Liger Bomb after a history of brain injury

Masakazu Fukuda died after an elbow drop and a resulting brain hemorrhage

Giant Ochiai, similar injury during a training accident
>>
>>2846417
When I read that he had the most Meltzer five star matches, I thought to myself "Hmm, this guy sounds like a legend. I bet he's dead."
I was just joking ;_;
>>
>>2846430
>ask a question
>get a reply from someone slobbering all over meltzer's cock
Am I on plebbit?
>>
people used to die in the nip dojos all the time in the 90's
>>
>>2846456
yes
>>
Kensuke Sasaki killed someone in the New Japan dojo in the 90's, but I don't see Meltzer leading a crusade against that.
>>
>>2846456
Unironically yes, this is r/asp now.
>>
>>2846427
Didn't some yard tard Big Japan guy who used to tag with Tajiri take a power bomb on a table like the one Spike Dudley took from La Resistánce and die as a result?
>>
>>2846456
I'd much rather reddit than the usual seething based big dog WWE nuthugging shit tbqh
>>
>>2846422
Kobashi is alive you retard
>>
>>2846534
I think it's because no one is really sure what exactly happened. NJPW sweeped the guy's death under the rug so it's pretty hard to actually be sure whether or not Sasaki killed the guy by accident or not
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>2846385
Jericho better visit Hennig's grave atleast once a year and thank him for saving his life.
>>
Despite the stiffer wrestling Japan seems to have a lesser injury and fatality rate (counting suicides, drug overdoses etc) than American wrestling. This may be because Japan has stiffer drug laws so less drug abuse - or it could be because they train better even in the indy feds. American indy feds and backyards have fucked up injuries every year.
>>
>>2846628
Or it could be that the Nips are fucking morons who don't take drugs or seek what they feel is unnecessary medical treatment because it goes against that "fighting spirit" bullshit they like to tout. Because fixing that neck injury brings " a gullate shame and dishonoru to fighting spirit". Japan has to be one known of the most hilarious and ass backward cultures out there.
>>
>>2846671
>Or it could be that the Nips are fucking morons who don't take drugs or seek what they feel is unnecessary medical treatment
So are you arguing against yourself? If they get injured like what you're saying but refuse to go to a doctor then surely there would be more cases like Misawa going by your post
>>
Well, it was kind of an exaggerated post to fit the theme around here. But there's solid truth to it. It's considered honorable over there to get fucked up (bonus honor for getting fucked up for real) and keep going. No, I don't think they let serious injuries go untreated. To put it more succinctly, Shibata is considered a true hero and legend of fighting spirit over there, where he would be considered a careless idiot who won a stupid prize after playing a stupid game over here.
>>
>>2846671
Found the drug addict. How does it feel to know that you shame your family daily?
>>
>>2846385

Fuck I didn't know he died.
>>
>>2846385
He didn't kill himself, he died from a SAH. He had managed to stand up and take a few steps a little bit before he died.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.