[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani spoke to Tokyo Sports following th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: Ck7iv.jpg (173KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ck7iv.jpg
173KB, 640x360px
NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani spoke to Tokyo Sports following the G1 Special in Long Beach, California.

* He found the shows to be a huge success
* NJPW's corporate office in Los Angeles is scheduled to open before this year ends
* NJPW's Los Angeles dojo will open early next year
* He wants to run a bigger American tour by March or April 2018

What does this mean for WWEtty?

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/882282680225869824
>>
They will improve their product and crush their competitors like they've been doing since the start. Bisexual Canadians and Cody Rhodes are not competition but they will be crushed as such.
>>
>>2836187
This is fucking great

Do I pay money to go to this LA Dojo? I'm 28 but I'm trying to DDP this bitch
>>
>>2836193

no they train you for free
>>
>>2836187
Any cute japanese girls will be going to these events?
>>
>>2836187
They will be ROH lite
>>
>>2836194
I read it was going to be a dojo in which you pay to be a student, no way I'm getting in otherwise
>>
>>2836187
It's clear that NJPW has much better actual wrestling, but I can't see them hitting the level of the WWE in the US since most of the roster can't speak fluent English.
>>
>>2836195
IDK but there were more than a few Japanese qts I saw at G1 Special.
>>
>>2836195
IDK but I saw more than a few Japanese qts at G1 Special.
>>
>>2836187
WWE will be fine because there will always be an audience for the over the top antics they bring. What we as fans should hope for is that it makes them step it up even though it probably won't.
>>
>>2836197
ROH already bows down to NJPW. You don't understand the historical significance that NJPW and the IWGP belts bring to the table. This is some unprecedented shit, even an elder god old company like CMLL has never had the balls to set up shop like this, and in the south west you better believe theres more taco talkers than sake swilling slant eyes.
>>
>>2836187
There will be more monetary damage done by TNA going to India and bringing back live shows than the tiny dent NJPW will make when it goes state side.
>>
>>2836194
Oh I get what you're saying. I was asking, do I make a leap of faith and try to become a god damn wrassler
>>
How many shows do you think they're going to run here next year? Hopefully at least fucking 4 if not 6 to 8 or something. Do like 2 or 3 tours.

I'm hearing they want to be running shows year round at some point.
>>
>>2836279
probably 5-6 since they still have PPVs and roadshows in Japan
>>
>>2836207

You're implying that they're going to play the same game as WWE.
>>
>>2836187
Good. Finally professional wrestling that doesn't insult the audience.
>>
File: 1498235582365.jpg (81KB, 628x896px) Image search: [Google]
1498235582365.jpg
81KB, 628x896px
So they'll be PWG.
>>
>>2836310
Young Cucks are fucking CRINGE though
>>
>>2836187
I'd like to see the Dojo works like the NJPW equivalent of NXT; West side developmental and also does local shows with collaboration from PWG for example. Except this time the dojo will train guys from zero, not merely absorbing guys with huge Indy cred.

That being said, I can see Haitch getting a bit jiffy since there's a new significant competition in the market for wrestling school. Especially nowadays that NXT now is full of seasoned 30/40ish guys, the dojo sounds more inviting to me.
>>
>>2836434
Not to mention NJPW has a better track record of churning out skilled wrestlers than the PC does.
>>
>>2836321
?
>>
>>2836463

That's because they teach wrestling holds and how to build a match instead of how to enter the ring and punch
>>
>>2836193
no you dumb fuck go to a nearer and far less expensive gym run by veterans. don't pay for a name brand you fucking mark. that's like going to a UFC gym to learn BJJ. you're just paying for the brand you dumb faggot.
>>
>>2836472
A literal who promotion only popular with internet neckbeards.
>>
>>2836230
>ROH already bows down to NJPW. You don't understand the historical significance that NJPW and the IWGP belts bring to the table.

>NJPW fans are this far gone
buddy, wrestling belts have literally 0 historical significance. not even the WWE title. none of them mean anything. they're all a novelty.
>>
>>2836594
>Veteran "sports entertainers"
>Not wanting to learn superior Japanese Strong Style and become a Young Lion.
Seriously, fuck you
>>
>>2836613
>t. mark who is about to over pay for training from some guy whos never wrestled a live show
>>
File: 2017-06-17-16-39-06.jpg (97KB, 900x416px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-17-16-39-06.jpg
97KB, 900x416px
>>2836599
Yeah neckbeards sure
>>
>>2836616
>Insinuating that you know who is going to be training their talent.
Juice Robinson was trained at NXT; he sucked. Goes to New Japan and is put through their dojo as a Young Lion. He is infinitely better now. NJPW trains professional wrestlers not low tier entertainers. Oh, and seriously, fuck you.
>>
>>2836599

>E DRONE one step closer to drinking the cyanide laced kool aid
>>
File: DB3IJQ1(EVQI3]KYLC_S$IQ.jpg (117KB, 800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
DB3IJQ1(EVQI3]KYLC_S$IQ.jpg
117KB, 800x1009px
>>2836622
you literally could not have picked a worse celebrity to build a "not neckbards" argument around
>>
>>2836636
Enjoy having your money leeched away by a brand name """"dojo""""(lol @ that btw) you retarded mark
>>
File: wwe fan vs pwg fan.webm (459KB, 588x318px) Image search: [Google]
wwe fan vs pwg fan.webm
459KB, 588x318px
>>2836662
>>
>>2836682

didn't you read above, NJPW is going to train this guy for free out of the goodness of their heart
>>
>>2836682
I genuinely can't tell if this is the usual asp retardation or some dumb heem faggot came in at the sight of the word dojo flaunting how little he knows about a topic like a badge of honor
>>
>>2836682
You sound like you have a hard time coming up with money. You get what you pay for. I prefer quality over quantity myself. You could not refute the fact that Juice Robinson is a far better wrestler now than he was in NXT because of superior Japanese Dojo. Must suck being a bargain basement dweller.
>>
>>2836682
Just read what finn or jay white story of the dojo. You can shit on the expensive price (if that is even true) and you got a point on new guys should try out local veteran's school first, but shitting on the dojo name is pretty stupid.
>>
>>2836722
>you get what you pay for
wwe tickets cost more than NJPW tickets
>>
>>2836195
California is full of qt Asian girls. Most of them are Korean, Chinese though. Some Japanese in Bay Area.

But none of them watch pro wrestling. So no.
>>
>>2836787
WWE couldn't sell out Sumo Hall if that is where you were going. Instead of changing the topic why can't you refute the fact that Juice Robinson isa far better wrestler after going through the NJPW Dojo than NXT?
>>
>>2836867
NJPW couldn't sell out MSG
>>
>>2836881
Let's screen cap this.
... Also still waiting for you to refute my claim about Juice.
>>
>>2836867
I didn't say go train in NXT you fucking moron. I said go train in a gym with a veteran instead of whoever the fuck NJPW sticks in their B-office in LA to train retarded smarks who think they can make it in japan
>>
>>2836888
>...
just go back to reddirt
>>
>>2836890
No real retort? Just insult? Sad.

>>2836891
I will continue to stay here to keep you bois in check. Expect me...
>>
>>2836904
>He can't read
>>
>>2836187
Well WWE is dying slowly so Kidani is playing his hand. It's okay e drones, NJPW will be there for you in 2018.
>>
if vince already went batshit with the world of sports stuff i'm pretty sure that's worrying for him.

old man gonna have a stroke
>>
>>2837222
Trips of truth. NJPW is Vince's nail in the coffin. After he dies, Stephanie takes over and is pandering to SJW and runs away the rest of their audience.
>>
File: 1499084095014.jpg (26KB, 373x553px) Image search: [Google]
1499084095014.jpg
26KB, 373x553px
SHIN NIHON PRO-WRES, ICHIBAN
>>
This is good.
>>
>>2836187
So based. I will try to get a job there.
>>
>>2837222

Trips of truth

E Drones can't handle the truth of how workrate draws better than "sports entertainment"

WWE's stock is gonna drop so low, while their network deal with usa doesn't get renewed... Ultimately leading to Takaaki Kidani buying their scraps for dirt cheap
>>
>>2836230
I'm Mexican and I have to tell your stereotype is true except that the highest concentration of Asians outside Asia is in southern california
>>
>>2837222
>>2837663

Honestly how are you morons this delusional? WWE ratings may be shit but NJPW's are nonexistent. They're never going to get a mainstream TV deal. No network is ever going to compete with WWE with a wrestling show. You're insane if you think NJPW is going to be overtaking them.
>>
>>2836622
Still a literal who.
>>
>>2838428
In Bollywood, yeah. But not the rest of the world.
>>
There will never ever be a competitor to WWE. They are light years ahead of everyone.

18- take your fedora's off and look at the facts. NJPW is niche as fuck. Yes they produce the best in ring entertainment.
>>
>>2836207
Their champion speaks 10x better than Nakamura, a wrestler WWE constantly puts on the mic.
>>
>>2836230
I'm mexican and i usually watch CMLL programmation. Every time someone in CMLL talks about NJPW they refer about it like "the powerful New Japan".
>>
>>2838893
Reality is that CMLL is really the powerful one. Anybody who goes to Mexico literally comes back a better man.
>>
>>2836613
I'm the guy who originally wanted to go to that Dojo, this anon gets it. I don't want to go to Les Thatcher's school and hope I can make peanuts at NXT one day. If I could just be a young lion some day I'd be so happy
>>
>>2838588
>There will never ever be a competitor to WCW!

(You) the real 18- desu
>>
>>2838941
No one will be willing to invest billions of dollars into a niche sport you fucking autist.
>>
>>2838955
>Implying they haven't done for years upon years

Seethe e-drone seethe.
>>
>>2838941
wwf was literally in primetime on a network people already owned. no wrestling show will ever get that again after WWE.
>>
>>2838314
TBS or TNT will give them exposure on landing them a huge TV deal.
>>
>>2838905
CMLL has made a huge deal with Lucha Underground
>>
>>2836662
>ronda rousey
lol
>>
>>2836195
what does it matter, you're just gonna stare like an autist and not speak to them anyways.
>>
>>2838976
Who has invested billions into another company? Panda energy? Why aren't they competing on Monday nights with WWE? Take your gook tinted glasses off. I watch New Japan, and I said they offer the best in-ring entertainment anywhere on the planet but they don't have the financial clout to compete with WWE. WWE are light years head of anyone financially.
>>
>>2839032
neither of them are going to touch wrestling with a 30 foot pole if the fucking WWE is doing the ratings its doing right now. if it went into a second boom period where the ratings were soaring again, that could happen, but it never will. jap wrestling isn't going to do high ratings anyway, even in a boom period, because it's a microniche of the already niche wrestling. would never happen. they can shit out a shitty sitcom and beat WWE ratings. no reason to compete against a 50+ year established brand with a brand that is unknown in the current market.
>>
>>2839055
not only that but with brand recognition and being synonymous with wrestling as a whole. not to mention NJPW is a natively japanese program. it's never going to get big here. it's like expecting your favorite stupid high school girl anime to compete with the simpsons because you like it so much and the simpsons hasnt been good in 15 years.
>>
>>2836586
The real problem is they teach people sequence-only wrestling so if anything gets fucked up they have no idea what to do, panic, and ruin the match instead of just trying something else.
>>
>>2839036
No. That was AAA not CMLL.
>>
>>2836636
Juice went to a dojo that's been running for years and years, and has proven results. Why would you go to a new dojo that has no proof of success? Find somewhere else.
>>
>>2839158
I actually think WWE wrestlers are on average worse at improvising, mostly because they aren't working as many matches in NXT as NJPW young lions do on the tours.
>>
>>2839172
What makes you think that they will change their regimen just because it is a new dojo? I doubt that they are just going to phone it in when they are seriously thinking of expansion.
>>
>>2839181
because it's a business and they can? you're idealist. they're going to keep their current trainers in japan and have their B-team go to their "euro disney" to train the dumb, fat smarks who will pay through to nose to "train in authentic new japan dojo!"
>>
>>2839220
You have no proof that their training is going to be inferior. You sound bitter that they are actually opening a training facility in America. If somebody has the money they should go there, at least if they graduate they will have Young Lion matches on NJPW shows unlike being trained by a third party.
>fat smarks
You obviously haven't seen the wrestlers that are produced by NJPW dojos have you?
>>
>>2836195
Dude I was at both nights. A few fatties and some hipsters but majority were surprisingly cute. Night two actually had more hot chicks and a few Japanese women sitting behind me. I felt bad for them as dudes kept standing up blocking their view while they behaved and stayed seated (until the last five minutes of the finals when EVERYONE was standing)
>>
>>2839245
>You have no proof that their training is going to be inferior.
you have no proof that it won't be. there is 0 reason to expect them to ship their trainers from their main base to a 2nd location when people are going to go there either way, regardless of training quality. stop being a fucking mark and go spend a day in the real world. business is business. it's going to be far more profitable for them to open a shithole dojo and market to njpw marks who want the "authentic experience" than to uproot their current training team and send them there, or to split their team in half, or to hire or train new trainers on par with the current ones in japan. it doesn't make any sense.

>You sound bitter that they are actually opening a training facility in America.
why would i give a fuck? i'm not training to be a wrestler.
>If somebody has the money they should go there, at least if they graduate they will have Young Lion matches on NJPW shows unlike being trained by a third party.
yeah or they could learn from the dudleys or dreamer or michaels or booker and start actually making money on the american circuit by learning from people who have been grooming wrestlers for the american circuit for 10+ years rather than doing dark matches on new japan tours

>You obviously haven't seen the wrestlers that are produced by NJPW dojos have you?
do you think they're the ones this local dojo is going to be targeting you retard? wrestlers who want to be in new japan go to japan. an LA (of all fucking places) dojo is the half step for the fat loser who thinks he knows wrestling enough to get in the ring.
>>
>>2836279
I think at most 3 or 4 spread through the year. Their main bread and butter is going to stay in Japan and logistically the cost of the tours plus maintaining an office/dojo in California means they could risk losing out big by blowing out their novelty (which it is right now honestly).

Having said that I was at both nights and a meet&greet at the G1 Special: lines for merch and headliners were long as hell and people were handing out cash hand over fist.As long as they don't overexpose their niche status and throw a few shows a year they can cover their overhead and do this for a few years.
>>
>>2839281
If they are going to the NJPW Dojo they are wanting to learn how to wrestle that specific style.
>Michaels
The guy just took Bryan Danielson's money. Bryan learned from Regal.
>Dudleys, Dreamer, Booker
That's not wrestling. That's sports entertainment. If you want to learn a real style go to the NJPW Dojo or a trainer who train in catch wrestling.

NJPW's dojo has strict standards and they won't let a random fatass pass if he doesn't deserves it. Listen to the wrestlers who have actually graduated from NJPW training and hear what they have to say about it. Far superior than has been trainers.
>>
>>2839301
lol ok whatever you say, mark. enjoy your training.
>>
>>2839304
Do they teach you how to rap and wrestle in bear outfits?
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.