[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw grown-ass men who risk their lives working 300+ days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault-2.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>mfw grown-ass men who risk their lives working 300+ days a year around the entire world aren't even in a union
>>
>>2836148
Blame the Hulkkkster
>>
Not just wrestling, society is getting dumber, putting trust into anti-union media which is owned by the same corperation who has their own interest at heart.
>>
Poverty is muh freedoms; ignorance is strength.
>>
forget union, aren't they not even full-time employees?
>>
>>2836168
They are like contractors as far as the WWE is considered, even though it is legally questionable, I think.
>>
File: 1442025885662.jpg (84KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
1442025885662.jpg
84KB, 620x388px
>>2836148
Union leverage was taken away by immigrants, H1B's, and refugees. The answer to uppity workers is to introduce competition with next to no expectations from employers.

Not strictly a bad or good thing, I guess it depends how you look at it. Our workers are spoiled rotten and enjoy amenities that few other cultures can afford. On the flip side, oversaturating the labor market will create a precedent to remove the minimum wage and create Brazil-tier income disparity.

None of this will matter when they finish using those pictures we have to click to post on 4chan to automate driving jobs. That will be such a blow to financial independence and upward mobility that it will be the tipping point in our economy. Not like they'll need us... They'll be marching poorfags into furnaces before long.
>>
>>2836177
How is it legally questionable? Government can't force a business to hire people.

A union, however, can. In fact, that's it's primary function. Contractors can be divided and ruled with ease; a union is those people forming a collective bargaining position that will benefit them all.

Sadly the Anglo-American world got so drunk on the smell of its own farts during the cold war that now it thinks workers unions are a soviet invention.
>>
>>2836168
They are in the ring for less than 20 minutes. How the fuck can they be full-time employees?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-2VsPlNGyQ

If I was a wrestler and somehow became the company's champion, I'd put 10% of my earnings towards a healthcare fund intended to help other wrestlers in the company with their injuries and hope that the next champion agrees to keep the scheme going.
>>
>>2836295

Are you serious? Most of them do matches nearly every night.
>>
>>2836224
No, but there are different state and federal regulations on the definition of a contractor and an employee. The main one that WWE is always in trouble with is "the right to control." Basically, WWE has exerted way to much authority over it's wrestlers at times and that would make them an employer and not contractee.

Really, it would benefit the wrestlers much more to organize a union, yet remain as independent contractors. Kinda of like SAG or The National Writers Union (who proved just how effective even a loose union can be a couple years ago).
>>
>>2836339
Bullshit! There are no shows in the middle of the fucking week.
They're off Wed and Thurs, and Mon or Tues based on which show they are on. Plus it's ten minute matches. That's not full time employees. Fucking lunch ladies have a tougher work schedule.
>>
>>2836401

They do house shows throughout the week don't they?
>>
>>2836417
They can barely sell out Sunday PPVs, you think anyone is gonna show up on a work night to watch a fucking meaningless house show? They work Fri-Mon, or Tue, That's it. Stop this bullshit nonsense of 300 venues a year. Wrestling is fucking dead. This isn't the attitude era.
>>
>>2836328
So why don't you start lifting and you might be able to, pinko trash
>>
>>2836328
Maybe that's why most wrestlers these days are Canadian. They don't have to worry about healthcare.
>>
>>2836401

Uh, smackdown typically has live shows on Monday and Raw does live shows on Tuesday
>>
>>2836432

I wanted to when I was young but I wanted to do a lot of things athletically for a living when I was a kid, but my hearing is shit and sweat gets in my hearing aids. ;__;
>>
>>2836458
There is a heatwave (summer) tour on Mondays, but nothing but Smackdown on Tues.
>>
>>2836514

Thanks for the correction, anon. So being on Raw is one sweet gig then. 3 days off
>>
>>2836148
Well they got nice benefits already especially in the surgery part. Finn and Ciampa came to mind.
>>
>>2836370
Exactly. A union or a guild would actively improve wrestlers' deal within the industry.

I would not even be surprised if WWE improved the quality of its output if it was forced to manage the expectations of unionised talent.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.