[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point did smarks start worshiping guys who were actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (281KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281KB, 1920x1080px
At what point did smarks start worshiping guys who were actual avatars of themselves, rather than fantasy idealizations of what they wish they could be?

Punk is an unathletic, skinny fat, comic book reading nerd. Owens is a fat neckbeard. These two archetypes aren't very different than the average smark.

Benoit was an autistic manlet, of course, but he was also gassed to the gills and athletic and not an open nerd. So it makes sense why smarks would see him as like the idealized version of themselves, because he is like them but with good qualities. But guys like Punk and Owens are pretty much exactly the same as them, they just happened to get into wrestling.

What do you think?
>>
>>2835132
You getting worked by those fat smarks. Lmao.
>>
Boy that's some cherrypicking.
Sage.
>>
>>2835136
This.
>>
Owens is legit a better athlete than Benoit
>>
>>2835139

Other than Danielson, Punk and Owens have been the number 1 smark favorites for the last 10 years.
>>
Smarks living in your head rent free.
>>
>>2835136

how so?
>>
>>2835148
>AJ Styles
>>
>>2835153
They are living in your head rent free, while you sit here and write 3 paragraphs about them.
>>
>>2835136
>>2835139
>>2835145
>>2835148
>>2835149
>>2835186
Looks like OPs post hit a few nerves... the surest sign of the truth ;-)
>>
>>2835198
See>>2835136
>>2835186
I don't even like phil or fatass
>>
>>2835132
Punk doesn't look like any of you ugly fat neckbeard smarks. He was one of the best looking guys in the business and had a great natural physique. Unathletic? the guy had insane stamina. Just because you dislike him for exposing you doesn't mean you try and spread false information
>>
>>2835146
Eating competitors aren't athletes you dumbass.
>>
>>2835132
1999 with Cuck Foley's title win
>>
If you know what smark means, you're a smark
>>
>>2835213

This is a good answer, thank you.
>>
>>2835206

>muh cardio

Cardio is like one incredibly small component of athleticism. He literally never played an organized sport beyond the junior high level. He isn't fast, isn't strong, can't jump high, etc. He is not remotely "athletic." The fact that he was able to be such a successful professional wrestler without having any natural athletic ability is a great credit to him.
>>
>>2835186

>discussing something on a discussion forum means it's "living in your head rent free"
>could literally say this about every post ever posted on 4chan
>>
>>2835213
This, pretty much.
>>
>>2835210
Owens isn't an eating competitor, he's not Amerifat.
>>
>>2835132
It's a self-insert thing

Smarks cannot self-insert with Hogan, Dwayne, Stone Cold, Cena or even Roman

So they live vicariously through smark avatars like Kevin Owens
>>
>>2835300
>anti-smarklets implying they look anything like those guys
>>
>>2835244
But you're discussing about wrestling FANS, not any wrestler specfically, you're getting worked just like hilliary.
>>
>>2835316
The election was nearly 8 months ago.

It's about time (You) moved on methinks.
>>
>>2835300

Right, I agree, but my question is when did it become important for smarks to self-insert? Because "smarks" watched wrestling for years before the rise of guys like Punk and Owens.

Foley is a great example, I think, especially since the spammed the fact that he was just a fan who jumped off the roof of his garage, which made smarks think "I don't need to fantasize that I'm shredded, I can idolize Foley who's a slob like me"
>>
>>2835320
The Hardys were backyarders too.

Shockingly, fans of something will gravitate to people who also were fans of it.
>>
>>2835235
Holyshit dude, yet you're so obsessed with him. Please kill yourself
>>
>>2835326

People watched wrestling for 90+ years without caring whether the people they gravitate towards were also mark fans who they could see themselves resemble. This is a new phenomena of the last 15-20 years, which is why I asked about it.
>>
>>2835206
>Unathletic? the guy had insane stamina.
Phil himself would probably admit he's not very athletic.
>>
>>2835330

>discusses something on a discussion board
>"obsessed"
>>
>>2835319
You upset trump still won kid?
>>
>>2835198
Fucking cringe
>>
File: punkfacepalm.png (239KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
punkfacepalm.png
239KB, 424x318px
>OP's crippling low self esteem and body issues pouring out all over the board
Yeesh
Sort your life out m8
>>
>>2835344
No this is some sick weird obsession you guys have with Punk. Leave him alone, he moved on. There are 10 fucking threads here every day for a guy who left the business 3 years ago
>>
>>2835341
Dusty Rhodes & Ricky Steamboat are two of the most over babyfaces of the 80s and their entire schtick was being men of the people.

>>2835347
I wasn't even upset when it happened 8 MONTHS AGO.
>>
File: yano.gif (2MB, 528x397px) Image search: [Google]
yano.gif
2MB, 528x397px
>>2835355
and these marks on /asp/ say Phil is still not over
>>
>>2835386
Ricky Steamboat was fucking real jacked, baby
>>
>>2835415
And if he was around today you'd be calling him a manlet indy darling
>>
>>2835132
based smarks working OP into oblivion
>>
>>2835386

True, Dusty is a great example -- but he was a legit baseball and football player. I disagree with Steamboat, though, as he was jacked to shit.
>>
>>2835440
Owens was a tri-sport athlete in school, what's your point?
>>
>>2835386
Same, i wasn't either
>>
>all these smarks getting worked

top kek
>>
>>2835132

They both also happen to be phenomenal wrestlers (Owens more so than Punk), and put on quality matches consistently. How dare wrestling fans enjoy good wrestling.
>>
>>2835132
Listen here faggot:

YOU are a smark. And so are all the others like you hate who hate guys like Punk and Owens. Liking Kevin Nash or Jinder Mahal or whatever huge "alpha" guy you prefer doesn't make you anything other than just another smark.

There is no such thing as a "smark favorite" wrestler. Everyone is a fuckin' smark these days.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.