[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see the broken gimmick in WWE? Why does Matt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: cumhard.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cumhard.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
Will we ever see the broken gimmick in WWE? Why does Matt keep teasing?
>>
>Will we ever see the broken gimmick in WWE?
Yes.
>Why does Matt keep teasing?
To keep the idea alive while they untangle the legality of it.
>>
>>2834585
I met Matt Hardy at a grocery store in few weeks ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything but he just put his hands up in the air and said "Dee-lightful" quite loudly.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he just pulled a notebook and a pen from under his shirt and asked "who should I make this out to?" after which he pulled me in and put his arm around my shoulders for a selfie. After that I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him whisper "delete" as he was putting different items in his basket. When I came to pay for my stuff up front the girl at the counter rolled her eyes and sighed loudly. I only had 2 snicker bars in case I was going to get hungry later but she scanned them multiple times and with a huge grin on her face said "I'm sorry sir, but I can't scan these it seems" and when I tried to say something she just started cutting me off by yawning really loudly but then from behind me, Matt Hardy shows up, puts a hundread dollar bill on the counter and says "this should take care of the electrical infetterence" and then winked at me. As I left he waved at me and told me to have a "positively titillating day".
>>
>>2834603
That was a suprise
>>
>>2834603
Based
>>
The one part of this that every wrestling 'journalist' has missed or is choosing to ignore is that the legal dispute plays more in favour of IMPACT than it does WWE - if WWE ends up "winning".

Wrestlers are independent contractors and have for years wanted the freedom to take their gimmick with them to other federations.

WWE meanwhile wants complete ownership. Which is why it is rare for someone like CM Punk to come in and be allowed to keep his old gimmick - usually WWE will build you a new one which they can own - even if it is barely a tweak to the old one (The Giant becomes The Big Show, etc).

If WWE "wins" any legal dispute and creates a situation where it is all right for a wrestler to carry his persona across to a new federation when he leaves, that opens the door for lots of WWE stars to bring their gimmicks with them when they quit WWE.
>>
>>2834646
It's an explicitly contractual matter, WWE's has a very specific clause about name and gimmick ownership, so if say, Sami Zayn goes back to the indies, he can't call himself that anymore. TNA's contracts with the Hardys left it up in the air and that's why this whole broken thing is going down.

That being said, WWE isn't nearly as autistic over trademarking everything about it's wrestlers anymore, with guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and Nakamura coming in and keeping their names.
>>
>>2834669
Besides, Hardys are using their real names. TNA can't prevent Matt from calling Jeff "Brother Nero" because he is his brother and his name is Nero. They can prevent wwe from selling shirts with "Brother Nero though". Also, TNA are petty. They didn't even want to let Daniels and Kazarian use 'Bad Influence" as the name of their team and they had to fight for it but after they got released TNA didn't let them keep the name.
>>
>>2834669
>That being said, WWE isn't nearly as autistic over trademarking everything about it's wrestlers anymore, with guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and Nakamura coming in and keeping their names.
If they thought they could in any way get away with it, they would change them. But some indie guys have bankable names and any rebranding would just be instantly rejected. Like Punk, the ones you named, or someone like Omega.

But they will still try it any time they believe they can get away with it, like Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens, etc.
>>2834677
>Besides, Hardys are using their real names. TNA can't prevent Matt from calling Jeff "Brother Nero" because he is his brother and his name is Nero.
Factually inaccurate. see: Cody Rhodes.

The dispute is over who owns the creativity. "Brother Nero" can be a trademarked branding, even if Jeff Hardy is a "brother" and has the middle name "Nero". The use of the name within a market or product that may be confused with the likeness of the "original" trademarked product is against the law.

All of the smaller promotions would LOVE it if WWE relinquished control of this aspect of intellectual property. Which is why the Broken situation is more complex than the E simply paying off the Owl's lawyers. They don't necessarily want a simple resolution as it could bite them in the ass at a later date.
>>
>>2834669
>Bobby Roode and Nakamura coming in and keeping their names
One is a "Glorious Bobby Roode" and the other is a "Rockstar" or "The Artist Known As Shinsuke Nakamura". It's also a type of branding.
>>
When they settle it, they'll do it in WWE.
>>
>>2834707
>Factually inaccurate. see: Cody Rhodes.
Wait is the WWE actually legally cucking him from using his real name? I thought that was just his autistic decision.
>>
>>2834993
His real name is Runnels, WWE has legal domain over Rhodes.
>>
>>2834995
Then why not just use the name Cody Runnels instead of trying to pull of the I can totally have only one name like Cher thing.
>>
I don't know if they are ever going to be Broken again 2bh, but I'm sick tired of the Hardy Boz's nostalgia run.
If you're going to keep them unbroken just split them up and let Jeff have one last solo title run, dude is days away from being 40 yo.
>>
>>2834976
Man, it will suck with WWE writing it word-by-word and replacing the campy home movie-type production with serious b-movie level benchmark that WWE produces. The whole Broken Matt thing was overrated anyway, I seriously wouldn't keep any hopes high.
>>
>>2834995
Yes, which is exactly identical case to "Brother Nero".

"Brother Nero" is not Jeff's birth name, just like "Cody Rhodes" is not Cody Runnels' birth name.

TNA took IP ownership of "Brother Nero" in exactly the same way WWE took possession of "Cody Rhodes".
>>
>>2835008
>tfw we could have had a Hardys vs Dudleys vs E&C reunion match at WrestleMania if Edge wasn't such a weak necked faggot
Edge truly was the Jannetty of the group.
>>
>>2835033
Nero is Jeff's middle name. And he's Matt's brother, hence Brother Nero.
>>
By the way from the people who talk to Matt Hardy (one wrestling journalist in particular), he thinks HE gets the gimmick back. Not WWE. Himself. And he is in legal dispute with TNA, not WWE. They probably are fronting his costs a little or promised to pay him back the costs or something like that.

And from the way I heard the guy talk about Broken thing - Matt had it all in his head and came up with it himself.
>>
>>2835035
>I want muh early 2000 nostalgia still in 2017
Literally end your life you weak willed faggot
Stop living in the past
>>
>>2835065
t. Adam "Pencil Neck" Copeland
>>
>>2835046
Anthem is full of faggots, why do they even want the fucking gimmick if they can't do anything with it? At least they can sell the rights to WWE and get some money out of it, otherwise it is utterly pointless to keep it.
>>
>>2835035
>TLC 3, but the combined age of everyone in the ring is 255 years
You don't really want that, do you?
>>
>>2835078
It's precedent. If they let go of it, they will allow other people to exit their promotion with their gimmicks and use the name they got in Impact and earn money at indies or even worse - take it to ROH or WWE.

Look up what WWE wanted with Jeff Jarret and WCW blocked it.

And to be honest - Broken thing was not helping Impact, it was helping Hardies on the indies, they got more booking and they drew on indies as Broken Hardies more then when they were just Hardies.

And they could do less, they are really... broken... their bodies are not good, look how Matt runs. It's painful to look at. By being Broken he was able to do less and still be over on indies.
>>
>>2835044
And "Brother Nero" is not his legal name.
And "Brother Nero" is a licenced trademark of Impact.

Hence why he can't use it.

Please buddy, at least read a thread you're replying to, you're just bringing this round in circles that have already been clarified.
>>
>>2834603
Fucking kek
>>
>>2835123
>their bodies are not good, look how Matt runs

Well he's 43 yo. If he won't get Broken then his days in the WWE are counted. They'll probably lose the feud to Sheamus&Cesaro, have some filler matches against other tag teams and end up splitting up.

WWE has always only cared about Jeff, in fact he was more over and sold more merchandise than Cena at some point.
I wouldn't be surprised that they brought back the Hardys just because of Jeff, Matt just came with the convo.

The Broken gimmick is the only hope left for Matt's career.
>>
>>2835128
Except he can, because: "Hey, come here brother, Nero."
>>
>>2835128
He can use Siblings Nero though.
>>
>>2835179
Brethren Nero.
>>
>>2835035
Vince wouldn't allow Christian returning to a ring. He could get brain damage, or worse, get too over again.
>>
>>2835171
Except he can't, because you cannot market a product in a way that its likeness would mislead consumers into believing it to be a different product.

That is literally what intellectual property law is defined as.

In the wrestling business, the product is the performance. ie: Jeff Hardy (the human) in the Impact Zone is a distinct product from Jeff Hardy (the human) in the WWE.

How the performance is billed is the intellectual property. So Brother Nero has been trademarked as the product as performed by Jeff Hardy (the human) when he is performing in the Impact Zone.

This means he currently cannot use the same billing when in the WWE.
>>
>>2835188
Kinsman Nero.
>>
>>2835035
>>2835077
Ladder matches are the reason Edge retired early.

And by "early" I mean "1 year" since he planned to be long retired by 2014
>>
>>2835179
>>2835188
Exactly, you've got it.

They could do that. But Vince won't do that as it makes him look like the market stall trader selling the cheap imitation knock-offs of his nearest rival.

WWE wants strong branding that it owns. Currently the Brother Nero situation gives them the option of either a weaker alternative branding ("Sibling Nero", or any variation on this), or no ownership.
>>
>>2835123
The Hardys weren't "broken" when they sold thousands of seats main eventing for Supercard of Honor
>>
>>2835160
>The Broken gimmick is the only hope left for Matt's career.

I agree. Without it... he's just old wrestler

>Well he's 43 yo.
Yes, I don't blame him, I just hope he can use his creativity to get more money for his family. And we as a viewers will get some enjoyment from his creativity.

>>2835211
They weren't? I apologise, I don't keep up with ROH at all, too much wrestling to watch already and I am new fan and I just don't find anything they have fun. The start of the feud was with Vanguard, wasn't it? And that is one of the cornerstones of the Broken universe.
>>
File: ahT3Z0Z - Imgur.gif (3MB, 477x296px) Image search: [Google]
ahT3Z0Z - Imgur.gif
3MB, 477x296px
>>2835280
>and I just don't find anything they have fun.
>>
>>2835295
Yeah, sorry. I forgot. The only thing I always look up... Dalton Castle is so great I just don't have enough words to describe how great he is.
>>
>>2834603

>itsbullshitbutibelieveit.jpg
>>
>>2835008
>let Jeff have one last solo title run, dude is days away from being 40 yo.
Fuck no. He was a retarded spot monkey with 4 moves of doom even back in the day. Nowadays he takes an entire minute to get up on the top turnbuckle to do his whisper in the wind.
>>
>>2835035
TNA did the closest we'll get to this in 2014 with Hardys vs 3D vs Wolves in a best of five series, Was awesome.
>>
>>2835722
This. as a big fan of Jeff since his early days, I can't see his gimmick living up with his age, his whisper in the wind is rusty af and he's worst than Cena's five moves of doom. I love Jeff but I always cringe after his Wrestlemania return, I just don't want Jeff to be the same tier as Dudleys (Nostalgia tier) :(
>>
>>2836428
Adding to this, is his persona doesn’t fit with the current booking.... he is just becoming like “one of the wresters”.... i.e: recent nxt call ups like Owens, Nakamura, Seth Rollins, Ambrose etc. . It seems that no one is safe on todays booking unless you’re Roman.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.