[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, watching that weeb shit made me realize WWF is never gonna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: images.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 225x225px
Man, watching that weeb shit made me realize WWF is never gonna have actual competition like these guys ever again.

Sure they were shit a lot of the time, but WCW helped push wrestling to heights we're never gonna see again.

WCW nostalgia thread
>>
File: NWO-07.jpg (42KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
NWO-07.jpg
42KB, 686x384px
>>2825448
You just now realized that wrestling is dead? You actually thought that Japanese shit was going to birth a new golden era?
>>
I enjoyed seeing a WCW veteran last night

>>2825484
>posts image of stable whose concept was stolen from a Japanese promotion
>>
>>2825488
I never said that the Japanese promotions have bad wrestlers, bad booking, etc. I said that it will never spark the industry like WCW, and ECW did, in the mid 90s.
>>
>>2825448
>sure they were shit a lot of the time

Saying it like that is like saying their successes were rare. They literally saved wrestling. Without WCW, Vince has no need to compete and everything stagnates. Wrestling stays a weird little thing that comes on sometimes.

People forget how huge WCW was, it even had storylines bleed over into mainstream media. I can still remember my grandmother watching The Tonight Show with Leno and the fucking nWo come out and don't give an interview in a suit, or play any of that, they come out and take over the show like it's just an episode of nitro. That shit was unheard of then, and it still is now
>>
>>2825484

I never legitimately thought they had a chance at being competitive, but just hoped ya know?
>>
File: tumblr_ndiof6CBNS1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg (330KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndiof6CBNS1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg
330KB, 1280x720px
>>2825448
GOATest days in wrestling
>>
File: rating.jpg (51KB, 513x250px) Image search: [Google]
rating.jpg
51KB, 513x250px
>>2825587
closest WWE came to having competition since WCW ended was TNA 2009 - 2011 when they were drawing 1.7 million average an could hit 2 million viewers on occasion.
>>
>>2825448
Yeah, reading people calling last night's show the first nail in WWE's coffin is hilarious. Luger showing up unexpectedly on live cable was a legit threat. Last night was a glorified TNA card.
>>
I liked WCW early 90s WCW. Sure it didn't really compete with tke E but it was a unique alternative

Sure late 90s WCW was more competitive but a lot of it seemed more hallow as it was a billionaire taking out his checkbook and plucking talent. Kinda what HHE is doing now, only WCW actually got ratings out of it
>>
>>2825641
>he thinks iMPACT on Mondays was "competition"
>>
>>2825513
They haven't forgotten, they just weren'there to witness it. Remember, the vast majority of this baoard is teens who only have knowledge of based wrestling eras because of Youtubw/Wikipedia, etc.,..
>>
>>2825656
No, I said it's the closest WWE ever had to competition since WCW folded.

Prove me wrong. And don't give me cop out "but it was never true competition".
>>
>>2825653
WCW signed stars. Not just indie shmucks..
>>
>>2825653
"hollow"

Austin wasn't home-grown talent. In fact 90% of their big stars were signed from other feds. Why does everyone retto-actively turn WWF/E into some benevolent Powerplant?
>>
>>2825653
Dangerous Alliance era WCW was GOAT.
>>
File: member.jpg (82KB, 928x742px) Image search: [Google]
member.jpg
82KB, 928x742px
ooooh memberrrr?!??!
>>
>>2825448
For those of us that like flippy-manlet shit, the WCW Cruiserweight divison was GOAT.
The idea of a heel stable literally taking over an entire wrestinlg organization via their contracts and "GANGGANG"-mentality was novrl in U.S. Feds, too.
>>
>>2825653
I've been watching a lot of earlier WCW, such as WCW Saturday Night, and it is actually pretty damn good in most ways. It is much more concentrated on the wrestling aspect and less on needless cringe like the WWF. The only cartoony stuff here is probably Taskmaster's Dungeon of Doom stable. Even then he had some good guys in the stable that fit in wrestling.

I think you are wrong btw about it not being competitive. I think they were competitive with WWE the whole time they existed. In the early 90's wrestling in general took a hit. This includes the WWF at the time. Looking at the shows WCW and WWF were getting around the same size audience during this time.

I would also argue that WCW had the better roster in a lot of these earlier pre-Nitro years compared to the WWF. Though I also would say they had the better roster even during the MNW to. The problem for WCW is they also had a bloated roster that they didn't make use of well. While WWF concentrated on fewer guys but made the stand out more.

And honestly I'm starting to realize Bret Hart was a bit overrated. I never saw much wrestling before the MNW so this sticks out to me a lot more now considering I went back to watch what I've either mostly forgotten or didn't get to watch. We are definitely never getting two good companies going head to head again at least for a long time that is for sure.
>>
File: 1480879392.jpg (76KB, 600x697px) Image search: [Google]
1480879392.jpg
76KB, 600x697px
>>2825448
The Squashberg run was legendary, whether you loved it or hated it.
>>
>>2825736
Yeah, there were at least a dozen guys in the WCW that could match/outmatch Brett, including Malenko and most of his trainees.
>>
File: Monday_Night_Wars_Ratings.jpg (189KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
Monday_Night_Wars_Ratings.jpg
189KB, 800x595px
>>2825752
I think guys like Sting and Vader were way better and cooler than Bret Hart. I've really enjoyed seeing their earlier work these past weeks. Not to mention Hogan and Flair were definitely better and more over than Hart.

Also posting the wars ratings here. Notice how WWE is dangerously close these days to WCW's ratings in its dying days? Also notice how WWE has no legit competition in wrestling anymore? Yet defenders throw every excuse in the book like "the sports game was on" even though monday night football has been a thing for a long time?
>>
There will never ever be a competitor to WWE.
>>
>>2825685
Vince propaganda. Hogan was a worldwide star, though I guess his dad gave him the name
>>
>>2825764
Are you enjoying Crow Sting? He was so insanely over.
>>
>>2825764
Me and my roommates had legit feuds over MNF Nitro...we would actually have to vote on which one got taped,especially if there was a good rivalry or a divisional match-up.
>>
>>2825744
It killed WCW. It reduced the entire roster and their finishers to joke status. He buried them ALL. There was no one credible left to cheer for. WCW should have released everyone he beat because he basically finished their careers.
>>
>>2825513
This, even WCW was great till mid 1999 they had a streak of good ppvs right until the great american bash/bash at the beach.

Also the nitros arround thattime were good, i remember when flair fought goldberg it was great!!
>>
>>2825736
Early pre-Nitro was better than WEE

Vader was based heel, No WWE heel could compare, Sleezy thining hair with large cellphone Dangerouly. Rick Rude and his best theme every "Simply Ravishing", based Jap Muta. Halloween Havac set.

Missy Hyatt being a thousand times hotter than anybody in WEE TV at the time. Foley going crazy shit. Dusty ridiculous color commentating. Col. Robert Parker southern plantation owner
>>
File: 01.jpg (38KB, 383x552px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
38KB, 383x552px
I know the term gets thrown around too much, but I truly believe that Better Than Average Mike Sanders really was /ourguy/
>>
File: totalChampion.jpg (70KB, 558x691px) Image search: [Google]
totalChampion.jpg
70KB, 558x691px
>>2825448

Early 90s WCW is overlooked. nWo definitely took it mainstream though.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.