[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm pretty sure the idea of his character is genius.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 514.jpg (229KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
514.jpg
229KB, 1200x1200px
So I'm pretty sure the idea of his character is genius.

>Not as good as most other people in the company, and probably knows it.
>Pushed to the Moon regardless.
>Always wins.
>Smug as shit because he always wins.
>Smarks are WORKED.

He's a meta-heel, it's great. They've never had a character like this before.
>>
Pushing a guy as a face, having that guy fail as a face and then continuing to push him and calling it "meta" isn't genius, it's just refusing to admit you screwed up.
>>
File: OP.jpg (11KB, 340x234px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
11KB, 340x234px
>>2823600
>>
>>2823600
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_212931.jpg (95KB, 1006x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_212931.jpg
95KB, 1006x758px
>>2823600
>RAW lost viewers three times faster than cable
WWE is genius!
>>
>>2823600
Yeah because John Cena TOTALLY didn't exist from 2010-2014.
>>
>>2823600
Smarks are cancer

Roman is the cure

The cancer resists the cure
>>
>>2823641
>>2823701
>>2823714
Further proof that it worked

Kek!
>>
File: 1491899435582.png (815KB, 810x622px) Image search: [Google]
1491899435582.png
815KB, 810x622px
>>2823760
I remember when people on this site put effort into their bait.
>>
>>2823641
Fact: Roman was over as fuck with everyone until the RR crowd booed him. (Same with Batista). Then the fatass lemming smarks thought it was "cool" to boo him and the rest was history.

Contrarian hipsters who are ruining the business
>>
No. I'm tired of people trying to claim the The Big Dog is somehow a success just because he gets a reaction.

The fact is, Roman is one of the most misused guys on the roster right now and if WWE creative were better and if Vince wasn't so hopelessly out of touch, Roman could be a huge star that just prints money for the company. Big Dick Dave Meltzer said that Roman "sucks" on WWE programming but that Roman is actually a pretty quick witted guy and can talk way better than the character we're seeing on WWE TV implies. He's got the look, he can go in the ring, and he can talk when not peddling some lame ass WWE script. eg. succotash, not a bad guy etc. He's just the embodiment of what's wrong with modern day WWE. Pretty much everyone on the roster is being used in the wrong manner. It's no wonder ratings continue to drop.

I know it's almost a meme at this point to suggest turning Reigns heel, but they've already gone halfway, why not fucking commit to it? Stop having Reigns behave borderline heeling then have Michael Cole telling the audience how The Big Dog is the best thing since sliced. I get that its getting more heat on Roman but it's clearly not what they're intending and anyone who thinks otherwise is an imbecile because the fact is Roman is going over Lesnar at Summerfest and he's going over Cena at Mania and he's still going to be pushed as the face of the company. Stop kidding yourselves in to thinking they'd even consider properly turning him.

Waste of good talent, waste of the audiences time. WWE need to get their shit together. It's sad to see the state of the company we all grew up watching. Hopefully once Vince is gone we can get a less insulting product.
>>
>>2823790
Then why the non contrarian fans don't come to the shows? Just chant louder than the boos. Problem solved, provided that what you said about contrarian ruining the business is true.
>>
File: 1496293355088.jpg (126KB, 915x905px) Image search: [Google]
1496293355088.jpg
126KB, 915x905px
>>2823790
>the RR crowd booed him
Good golly gosh and goodness, I wonder why.
>>
Roman Reigns is the greatest wrestler of all time

>>Not as good as most other people in the company, and probably knows it.

worked like the little faggot you are
he is the greatest single talent in pro wrestling history
>>
>>2823600
Reigns is my fav therefore in my opinion he is the best.
>>
>>2823739
To be fair, Cena was always an underdog who never gave up and came from behind. Reigns on the other hand is always supposed to look incredible and really, really strong.
>>
>>2823790
This is true, I remember I was high on Seth Rollins and the entire smark hubs on the internet were gaga over Reigns. Smarks wanted Roman to be the top guy, it's just hip to boo things that are promoted. I'm in the ad industry, this is a trend we've highlighted for people age 18-35. See MKBHD, Linus - the moment they became mainstream people turned on them
>>
File: 1487206691008.jpg (14KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
1487206691008.jpg
14KB, 310x310px
>>2823760
>>2823790
>I wrote an absolutely garbage, two-dimensional mary-sue of a character
>People hate him
>"I w-wrote him like that on p-purpose! Y-You're supposed to hate him!"
If you write a book and people hate the main character, that doesn't mean you're "working" them.

It means you're a shit writer.
>>
>>2823793
>He's got the look,
Never understood this, dude wears fucking bodyarmour.
>>
>>2823600
You forgot
>ratings collapsing
>crowds shitting on main events because he's involved
>wrestling fans switching to NJPW
>show crowds dropping
>>
File: 480.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
480.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>2823793
>Reigns retires Taker.
>Reigns retires Lesnar.
>Reigns retires Cena.

This is not a joke, this is actually happening, this is what we are living. Why the fuck is Roman Reigns a thing? He's so shit. Why?
>>
>>2823600
The thing is, there are plenty of sportsmen who are hated for no good reason and don't give a fuck. So really, Roman is the most realistic character they have. Too bad it doesn't translate into buyrates because wrestling fans are binary idiots.
>>
>>2825055
Another seething smark worked
>>
>>2825064
Like a year ago. He's been wearing a vest ever since. Smarks are so blind with their hatred.
>>
>>2823790
>>2825045
I stopped liking Roman the moment he poisoned Vickie's coffee. The cool thing about Reigns in the Shield was that he was the silent heavy. He'd come out of nowhere and spear a guy from off-camera and never back down from a fight. Not even one with the Wyatts.

Then he poisons Vickie which is about one of the most low-down cowardly things you can do. There is nothing "tough" about that it completely goes against his character, it's just shitty writing and the idea of Steph puking all over Vickie having Vince in hysterics.
>>
Man remember when wrestling had highs as well as lows?

Now wwe is just a constant barrage of "GET ANGRY OVER THIS NOW GET ANGRY OVER THIS AND FOR THE MAIN EVENT GET ANGRY OVER THIS!"

You can see why all their fans are getting burnt out and dropping it altogether
>>
>>2823600
There's a difference between hating a heel because he's a dick but wanting him to see him because he's good and hating a heel for being shit and wanting him to quit/be fired or be reinvented.

The first is a good character. The second is not. Reigns is the second.
>>
>>2823600
Nice head canon. That is sort of what he is but not exactly what Vince wants him to be.

I always got the impression that he is pretty much Vince's idea of what the ultimate "the guy" looks like. Basically Vince's wet dream since he bought the WWE.

>brown/tan skin
>handsome
>big guy but not the gigantic monster type
>has marketable look with his attire (this is very important part of his character)
>has a very safe moveset that are also meant to excite the fans because they make him look strong. super man punch times infinity, spear, punches, clothesline on tunrbuckle, safe drop kick when outside, etc. (also extremely important here)
>he is part of that samoan wrestling dynasty that has been loyal to vince going on decades
>completely willing to do vince bidding, including the scripted promo's for example

Look back at the history of this company and everything I said starts to become pretty damn apparent that BBD was always meant to be "THE GUY" this whole time. I think the only thing that would improve this guy in Vince eyes is if Roman had a couple more inches in height and pounds in weight but as I said he doesn't want him being the giant or monster type like Stroman or Beeg. Those guys are meant to be bad guys so that the face smaller guy overcumbs da odds. Also guys like Beeg are suppose to dance.

You know this is all true fellow neckbeards. The problem is people see that this has been Vince dream guy since forever so they aren't having it. Remember Rocky Maivia guys. He wanted Rock to be that next "guy" to. The fans weren't having it then either.
>>
File: 1498426078094.jpg (50KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498426078094.jpg
50KB, 766x960px
>>2823641
imagine being as worked as this guy
>>
>>2823812
because they're superior casual fans that have jobs to go to and friends to be with and hot girlfriends to have sex with and designer clothing to buy, you fucking wrestling nerd
>>
>>2825035
Like Roman doesn't get his ass beat by Strowman and isn't the portrayed underdog in that fight.
>>
>>2823790
He was incredibly over until he got an injury during the Seth feud
Back then the reports came out on him being the next cena and cm punk saying Vince wanted everyone to make Roman look strong, made everyone turn on him and Vince never changed a fucking thing
>>
>>2825290
I remember back when Roman was a Smark favorite and how people on WF jerked off to how he's a Samoan from "the hood"
What is wrong with Americans?
>>
>>2823600
Vince doesn't give a flying fuck about Roman. His "guy" is Strowman. This Roman push is somebody else's project
>>
Bo Dallas was doing it better in 2013

>>2825340
Reigns is pushed exactly like Vince's picks from The New Generation
>>
>>2823790
>>2825045
>>2825328
>this revisionism that Reigns was super-over before injury

He wasn't

>smarks loved him

Why go online and tell lies?
>>
>>2825240
Why does he wear a vest? Because they're embarrassed that Roman is kinda fat and has no abs?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.