[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, i use to go to RAW In the 90s and he wasn't over,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1343.jpg (42KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1343.jpg
42KB, 630x420px
Guys, i use to go to RAW In the 90s and he wasn't over, they were using fake cheers.
>>
>>2819748
Huh?
>>
https://streamable.com/xzu70

22+
>>
>>2819778
>all those signs
>all those people actually looking in the general direction of the ring
>all those hands up

and now barely anyone cares and everyone looks through their phone screen
>>
>>2819778
god
damn
>>
>>2819778
The GOAT
>>
>>2819794
Can you blame them? The show is complete fucking shit.
>>
>>2819748
This isn't even a believable lie. Apply yourself next time.
>>
>>2819778
WWF was on a different level back then. It was magical.
>>
>>2819811
It's actually just as amazing as back then. If we gave people in the 90s smart phones with a million cool apps, youtube, and social media sites, they wouldn't give a shit when Austin flipped off, stunned the same guy and drank some beer for the 90'th straight time too.
>>
>>2820001
>It's actually just as amazing as back then.
Imagine believing this. You almost had me, kid.
>>
>>2819778
OP BTFO'D
>>
>>2819778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGQugQpjz8

Even Haitch got that kind of love, that was just how crowds used to be
>>
>>2819748
>>2819778
I've been going to wrestling shows since '97. I was even at Wrestlemania 18. The place fucking exploded when he won, and he was white hot up until his neck surgery. By 2001, a lot of the magic had worn off and you had people like Triple H and Angle getting cheered over him. People really didn't like him as a heel.
>>
>>2820080
14, not 18
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFywaBEr39k
>>
>>2820080

Triple H was out for the majority of 2001
>>
>>2819748
I went to Raw in 97 and it was pretty lit.
>>
>>2820182
At the time of his injury, he was probably just as over, if not moreso, than Austin. Especially since smarks were starting to love heels at that point and there wasn't one better than Triple H.
>>
>>2819778
Fake. Nice editing skills.
>>
>>2819778
where did time go

how can the WWE be so fucking bad now, the difference is incredible, it's like watching 2 x-files in one hand and dora the explorer in the other.
>>
wasn't in the last year wrestlemania that austin, again, got the biggest pop of the whole night?
>>
>>2820083
You were at 14!? Fucking lucky bastard. I probably watched that show 100 times on VHS.
>>
>say "stone cold"
>crowd goes fucking wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMXsenk8TqE
>>
>>2820371
I was also at Raw the next night as well.
>>
>>2820439
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Two of the greatest nights in WWF history.
>>
>>2820439
One of my biggest regrets is not going to an Attitude Era show. Even though I was a big fan, I never went to a show.
>>
File: 20f.jpg (32KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
20f.jpg
32KB, 461x600px
Roman wishes he could draw 10 percent of those dimes
>>
>>2820080

Angles milk-o-mania pop against was the biggest he got.(Even JR was a bit startled by it).

Did he get anything better?
>>
Its not just wwe, look at old footage of music concerts and people are going crazy and dancing and moshing.
And you look at a modern concert and everyone has a phone up.

Technology ruined everything mayne
>>
>>2820016

Well we did have something just as good or better with Punk. If he returned he could be a bigger star than Austin.
>>
>>2820451
bro shows were awesome back then, everyone was drunk as fuck and fights in the crowd. now its nothing but fat bearded neck beards that never touched an alcholic drink or ever gotten into a fight
>>
Like i dont think people comprehend how much smart phones changed the way society acts, and someone who was alive before smart phones, crowds were more livelier, and people talked to each other instead of looking down at their phones pretending to text or actually texting.

It is a dramatic effect to me, because in the old world i was the autist who never talked while everyone else did, then i saw the world get consumed by the autism virus because of their phones and the world doesnt talk anymore, while im here yelling talk to me.
>>
>>2820942

The crowds today are women children and family men. Much better class of people for a much better class of superstars like Punk, Bryan, Sami, K.O. Alexa, etc....
>>
>>2820062
>Comparing A Stone Cold entrance on a random Raw to Triple H's return after 8 months of injury

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2820941
>If he returned he could be a bigger star than Austin

This delusion
>>
>>2820951

Anyone who saw his MITB welcome at Chicago could recognize that. Has Austin gotten a better reaction than the ovation punk got at Chicago?
>>
>>2820955
>wrestler gets huge ovation in his hometown

Shocking
>>
>>2820986

As I said has Austin or any of the overrated attitude era stars gotten a better reaction hometown or otherwise?
>>
>>2820990
Yes and even if I posted some examples, you'd never agree, so what's the point?
>>
>>2820992
So you don't have examples(because truth be told they don't exist)

I guess I'll that as you conceding that Punk was the bigger star, more over and the only reason it looked like he drew more was because business as a whole was bigger.
>>
Is there any one sound that got a bigger reaction then hearing the glass break?
>>
>>2821005

The static from Punks intro
>>
>>2821007
Is this true? I didn't watch during the CM Punk days.
>>
>>2821016

Plenty of videos from YouTube mate. The static electrified the people and I can honestly say it was more over than the glass shattering.
>>
>>2821047
Please. He came out to crickets every now and then.
>>
>>2821065

Jealous that Punk is a better talker, Wrestler, human being, athlete and a bigger star than Austin
>>
>>2819748
I literally went to RAW and PPVs in North Carolina in 98-00 and he was over as fuck
>>
>>2820939
The internet has ruined people's sense of wonder. You can look up anything whenever you want so it's not as amazing seeing things in person either, it's just kinda neat
>>
>>2820932
Returning from injury, everyone in the audience was chanting "You Suck" endearingly.
>>
>>2820942
The off-air segments were a hell of a lot better too. Rock, Austin, Haitch, Angle, and Jericho made magic happen.
>>
>>2821068
>Being a Philposter in 2017

Pathetic bait.
>>
>>2820016
Most of the in-ring work is way, way better now than it was then, but the prominent feuds were generally booked a little better, babyfaces were booked better and characters were more over because they felt more authentic (because they had to come up with their own words) and they product was hotter so you could get away with doing less.
>>
>>2821007
>>2821016
>>2821047
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2820300
Triple H was definitely getting way over in late 2000 to early 2001. He was recognised in 2000 as wrestler of the year or runner up. His injury made him lose a step, but he was still considered one of the best wrestlers in 2002-2003. A lot of the negativity and inconsistent ring work happened after that, but he still had great moments throughout the 2000s. But yeah, before that injury he was awesome.
>>
File: Austin Entrance - Streamable.png (159KB, 324x232px) Image search: [Google]
Austin Entrance - Streamable.png
159KB, 324x232px
>>2819778
I'm glad WWE doesn't appeal to this people anymore.
>>
>>2821640
Yes, it's so much more fun having nerds in New Day and Bullet Club shirts tweeting on their phones throughout the show, trying to start "this is awesome" chants during terrible women's ladder matches, or doing other beta numale things.
>>
>>2820942
I know man, opportunity missed. Those crowds were electric as fuck. I would never go to a show today to sit next to some fat fuck in a Kevin Owens shirt.
>>
>>2820998
Why do you Punk obsessed losers ruin every discussion by bringing him up? No one cares about him.
>>
>>2821623

Hur hur you're an anti-punk guy I get it but you're only deluding yourself if you think he wasn't as over as Austin.
>>
>>2821685

Funny this board talks about him all the time.

See I know the real reason you Punks hate him. It's because he got more over and proved that he is far better than the guys you grew up with in your childhood whether it's Hulk KKK Hogan, Steve Autism, Dwayne, Bretkuk , Jewberg, B+ savage or any other overrated garbage of a Wrestler and you losers can't digest that fact and it personally hurts you to admit it.
>>
Don't even a deserve a (You). Try harder.
>>
>>2819748
Legit you get a -10/10 for this troll no effort even put in.
>>
>>2820401
Fucking Linda gets a huge pop at 5:20.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.