[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically If WWE sent over 1 guy to compete in it to replace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: g1-climax-1497955529-800.jpg (57KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
g1-climax-1497955529-800.jpg
57KB, 777x437px
Hypothetically If WWE sent over 1 guy to compete in it to replace someone like Goto or Hashi who won't win it, who would you wanna see in it?

Hard Mode: No Shinsuke or AJ
>>
Cesaro
Sami Zayn
maaaaaybe Ziggler

basically the workrate midcarders
>>
Orton

It'd be nice to see his wrestling style actually appreciated by the Japanese crowd and not meme chanted at by plebbitors

Plus him vs Okada would be like a mirror match
>>
Kane
>>
Cena would be my first choice, but that's too far-fetched even for a hypothetical scenario. Sheamus, Zayn, and Neville (if ZSJ is big enough then so is Neville) are three that could be interesting choices. Any WWE/NJPW crossover would be hype as fuck but it's probably never gonna happen.
>>
Based BMJ to draw dimes
>>
If only Ryback was still around, I remember someone had a fanbooking or a rumor or something about NJPW getting Kane,Henry and Ryback for the summer as part of a theoretical trade and I marked for that more than a bullet club invasion angle.
>>
>>2817963
James Ellsworth, but he's a bigger star than any of those no name japs.
>>
File: EjJopdbh.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdbh.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>2817996
>>
Joe
Ohno
Sheamus

>>2817977
Imagine actually thinking Orton was anything but a dull headlock spammer
>>
>>2817963
Christopher Daniels.
>>
>>2817963
>Hypothetically If WWE sent over 1 guy to compete in it to replace someone

Implying NJPW wants a shitty WWE guy ((cough Cody cough)) lowering the quality of BASED G1.

But since you E-Drone normies asked : Cesaro or Brock Lesnar
>>
evrryone forgeting Based King of the Cruiserweights
>>
>>2818275
Only Heavyweights compete in the G1, what you want is BOSJ.
>>
>>2818255
CJ Parker is in it
>>
>>2817977
Orton vs Okada would be neat
>>
>>2818331
>two guys phoning it in going through the motions doing movez
yeah, GREAT match
>>
>>2818331
>Okada vs. boring talentless shitter

If Gedo wanted to see that he'd book Okada vs. YUJIRO
>>
File: IMG_20170618_204453.jpg (333KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_204453.jpg
333KB, 1152x2048px
>>2818305
Right on m8
>>
Id love to see Cesaro work with NJPW so him.
>>
>>2817963
Legitimately Cena as it would be the only way I could ever see Cena/Tana ever happening and I'm not willing to drop that ball.
>>
>>2818255
>Brock lesnar

Holy casual Batman. Lesnar was already in NJPW and it ended terribly. And the matches weren't good.
>>
>>2819131
BMJ is literally the only correct answer.
>>
I actually wanna see what he can do if Vince wasn't watching his every fucking move, so, Roman.
>>
File: 1498337798809.gif (857KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
1498337798809.gif
857KB, 355x200px
>>2817977
If he could find the fire he had in his head-kicking days, yes, this.

>the rain of golden sparks
>the rain of Okada dollars
>The pose off
>The stare down
>the headlock
>Orton being stretched
>Orton's stomps getting Okada's selling
>Countering vintage Orton every time
>Countering the RKO every time
>Orton ducks the Rainmaker and...RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!
>ORTON GOES FOR THE RKO but Okada counters NO HE'S GOT THE ARM - RAINMAKERRRRRR!
>the staredown as Orton is dragged to the back

IF he was up to it, it could be a fuckimg classic. As much as I love Orton over the years, and think something like this might spark that hunger in him again, it would probably be disappointing.
>>
Finn
>>
>>2819204
>>Countering the RKO every time
>>Orton ducks the Rainmaker and...RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!
>>ORTON GOES FOR THE RKO but Okada counters NO HE'S GOT THE ARM - RAINMAKERRRRRR!
That actually sounds kinda incredible.
>>
File: conorlaugh.gif (2MB, 399x421px) Image search: [Google]
conorlaugh.gif
2MB, 399x421px
KO with the WWE US belt would be pretty dope

>mfw he threw the flowers out of the ring at beast in the east
>>
Roman or Cena in Tana's block
>>
>>2819207
The slow build up that NJPW does seems like it would fit Orton better.

You could also build it as the veteran trying to recapture his former glory against the newer, better version of what he once was.
>>
>>2819207
>>2819204
Why do you people do this to me?
>>
There are so many great picks that would shine real hard on the G1, even going with your Hard Mode.
Big E
Cesaro
Chad Gable
Chris Jericho
Dolph Ziggler
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Kalisto
Luke Harper
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Any of these would probably be a great addition to the G1
>>
>>2819418
Oh fuck, I can't believe I didn't even think of the cruiserweights. Neville, for example, could also be real good.
>>
Based Corbin should cash in, deliver end of days on okada and polish the title belt with flippy gook tears
>>
Seeing John Cena work the Japanese style would be amazing, like Hogan when he left WWF.
And then join the Bullet Club lmao
>>
>>2819204
>>2819207
>>2819399

>Orton reversing the tombstone
>Orton backs into the corner
>Waits for that perfect punt
>The crowd going into a rage
>Orton's smug smile
>The massive pop when Okada kicks out

That match would be money.
>>
>>2819420
Fun fact: Neville and Brian Kendrick were in the Best of the Super Juniors (Cruiserweight G1, basically) about five years ago.
>>
If they have to lose anyway, Cesaro for sure.
>>
>>2819608
So did Owen Hart, Benoit, Eddie, FInlay (yes, really, several times too), Malenko, X-Pac, 2 Cold Scorpio, Pillman, BASED Alex Wright, Jerry Lynn, Chavo, Jericho, Candido, Kid Romeo, Cristopher Daniels, Tyson Kidd, Daniel Bryan, Balor (had to forfeit due to injury twice, the glass fucker), Cien Almas, TJP, Metalik, Low Ki, Evan Bourne, WWE Megastar Trent Berretta and recent NXT signee Bobby Fish.

And that's excluding all the Mexicans, honestly it's astounding how much Western talent went through BotSJ, for that alone I always liked it a bit better than G1 proper.
>>
File: s&c.jpg (45KB, 564x445px) Image search: [Google]
s&c.jpg
45KB, 564x445px
da dada dada ...
>>
Rainmaker
Kazuchika
Okada

It is written in fate. It's a match that must happen.
Like Tana v Cena. For history. And the good of the industry.
>>
>>2819204
When exactly were these head-kicking days that everyone keeps referring to? I stopped watching
around 2006 and currently watching all the ppvs (and important RAWs) that I've missed since. I'm at NoC 09 right now. Just wanna pay extra attention to his matches to see what everyone is talking about.
>>
>>2817963

Rollins
>>
BMJ for Tana vs Cena, Sheamus for most other things, he can bring Cesaro along as well.
>>
>>2820453
I think you're coming up on it.

I'm pretty sure it was 08 or 09 when he wins the title and goes super heel. Legacy was around the same time. But eventually, it feels like he's punting skulls and putting people out of commission left and right.

He still teases it now and then when his opponent is down and he backs into the opposite corner.
>>
File: 648185691691.jpg (58KB, 599x677px) Image search: [Google]
648185691691.jpg
58KB, 599x677px
>>2818356
>>
>>2818356
It's funny seeing this pic on /asp/. I'm exactly to the right of the camera, flipping ZSJ off as this was happening.
>>
>>2817963
Braun Strowman just to see how tiny those indy shitters are by comparison
>>
>>2820855
Strowman wouldn't be able to keep up without blowing up. G-1 is too grueling for his poor conditioning and is meant for a showcase of real athletes.
>>
>>2820863
>showcase of real athletes
>bad luck fale is in it
nice meme
>>
>>2820869
That's Bad Rack Whare to you
>>
>>2820869
>>2820869
Fale is better conditioned than Slowman. Fale can actually wrestle over 20 minutes and the G-1 Schedule.
>>
>>2819418

Big E would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>2820876
you're talking out of your ass
strowman has worked long matches and done tv plus 3 house shows a week for months on end

the "grueling g-1 schedule" is as close to the usual wwe schedule that these coddled manlets get all year
>>
>>2817973
This. Someone that can hang with them in the ring and get to maybe the final 4 before going out. Ziggles would probably be great due to his energy and selling, which is a big point in NJPW matches.
Zayn could do it as well. Bonus points if he puts on the mask.
>>
Samoa Joe just for Joe v Ishii
>>
>>2820885
Good luck finding that elusive 20 minute match because it hasn't happened yet. A Strowman house show is 5 minutes maximum with barely any physical contact against him. G-1 is practically every day for 3 weeks. He can't keep up with the real athletes who wrestle a more physical style (he has been out for months working a soft style). Strowman would get injured halfway through and be forced to forfeit the rest of his matches. He's a sports entertainer first and foremost.
>>
>>2820891
fale had 2 matches over 10 minutes in last year's g1
one was 11 minutes, the other was 15
the rest were between 8 and 9 minutes
>>
File: stacks so fat.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stacks so fat.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Easy.

Next question
>>
>>2820893
And his Okada matches are over 20. The point is that Slowman couldn't do G-1 because his body isn't made for the physical Japanese style and the endurance of an everyday tournament. They won't let him do his usual sub 5 minute matches in Japan.
>>
WOOOOO
>>
>>2820894
I don't know what it is but smell dimes out of Toni
>>
>>2820912
hes got the look he's got the gimmick

all he needs is talent
>>
>>2820896
I assure, some 5'8 twink "laying it in" on Braun isn't going to have the same wear and tear as throwing around legit big guys 4-5 times a week for a year

Fale went 11 minutes with okada last year at g1

His big main event with okada that actually went 20 minutes wasn't exactly an action packed barn burner and it was proceeded with a month of multi man tag matched where he might have actually wrestled 5 minutes total
>>
>>2817963
Joe
Sheamus
Cesaro
Sami
>>
>>2820916
I assure you*
preceded *
etc

fuck I'm tired
thanks for the (you)'s
>>
>>2819180
Roman was shit in developmental too

>>2820863
>>2820884
>it's a "Drone shows up and is completely retarded" post

New Japan isn't indy

>house show matches
>worth fucking anything

G1 is PPV quality matches every other night for 3 weeks and tag matches on the other
>>
Sami Zayn
>>
>>2821261
>Toru Yano matches
>Fale 8 minute wwe-lite style shitfests
>ppv quality
it's like you marks have never seen a G-1 before and are just running your mouths based on the promotional material sent out by New Japan
>>
>>2821295
>implying YTR vs. Shibata in Block B wasn't my fave match of 2016
>>
>>2820846
How was his dick in person?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.