[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its time to stop being a nostalgiatard oldfags. ECW was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 20120508_ecw_logo.jpg (39KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
20120508_ecw_logo.jpg
39KB, 900x506px
Its time to stop being a nostalgiatard oldfags.

ECW was never that good.
>>
Of course not, The Rise and Fall of ECW brainwashed a bunch of people who never even saw it when it was around into thinking it was great. If WCW got the same DVD, it'd be looked at the same way despite 1999-2001. Though at least WCW had some legitimately great years.
>>
>>2816712

t. Someone who never watched the original ECW outside of watered down WWE Network bullshit.

>>2816717
There is a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD you fucking dolt.
>>
>>2816712
It's because they did so much that to a modern crowd its nothing but blood and spots. They invented hiding weapons under the ring ffs.
>>
>>2816712
I don't always dine at fancy restaurants, when I'm drunk I love me some waffle house.
>>
>>2816725
I know that, but the Rise and Fall of ECW is nothing but praise and making ECW out to be more important than it was. Rise and Fall of WCW is the WWE narrative because WCW was actually a threat.
>>
>>2816712

18+
>>
In terms of quality, sure. But Heyman was the GOAT at getting a crowd to care about his roster. Sandman was an objectively hideous wrestler who was more over than anyone in current WWE. He was so good at focusing on strengths and hiding weaknesses that it's tragic WWE doesn't use him as a creative influence anymore.
>>
>>2816712

The garbage matches overshadowed the truly good matches and wrestlers that company had.
>>
Arguably the greatest promotion that has ever existed.
>>
File: NJ wut.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NJ wut.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>2816712
>Another ECW hate thread
>>
>>2816712
Then why were WcW and WWE unsuccessfully biting their style?

Checkmate E! cuck, now go watch Jerry Lynn vs RVD again.
>>
The wrestling in ECW was terrible, but the booking was phenomenal and the characters were great. It was edgy, new and different.
>>
>>2817018
Not all of the wrestling was terrible. I still like a lot of Taz's matches and I don't think there's been a good sawed-off monster like him since.
>>
>>2817157
>a good sawed-off monster like him since.

kek real clever anon.
>>
>>2816712

The wrestling wasn't the greatest at times, but the overall booking was fantastic.

My main gripe with ECW is that we can thank them for the cancerous smark fanbase we have today.
>>
>>2817357
No, that's on ROH. And mostly just the last 5-7 or so years
>>
>>2817365

ECW fans were peak smarkdom at that point in time (before the internet was completely mainstream). ROHbots were just awful as a whole.
>>
>>2817375
>ECW fans were peak smarkdom at that point in time
But it all died down with the company though.
>>
File: 1497821183148.gif (496KB, 320x178px)
1497821183148.gif
496KB, 320x178px
>>2816712
Lol shouldn't you be masterbating to your cena poster
>>
>>2817018
The Lucha segments were entirely match driven though.
>>
>>2817365
>>2817375
PWG fans are the absolutely worst smark crowds EVAH. 100 times worse than ECW and RoH fans. RoH fans actually used to be pretty based when RoH treated its wrestling and wrestlers in a more sporting/realistic manner. But PWG fans have always been hipsters who only ironically like wrestling.
>>
>>2817375
ECW fans couldn't be smarks because they were working class philly trash to a man
>>
ECW was cool, you had to be there, like this was before the internet. You couldn't just like open up a youtube video to see some isis guy beheading someone, you had to like rent a faces of death video.
You discover ECW, you never seen shit like that, you are like, whoa, is this some mysterious underground smark shit.
Mainstream wrestling wasnt like this.
You know the stonecold gimmick is pretty much a sandman rip off..
>>
>>2817776
>You know the stonecold gimmick is pretty much a sandman rip off..
Austin admitted there wouldn't have been a Stone Cold gimmick if he hadn't paid a visit to ECW before he went to WWE.
>>
before the internet, extreme things were a rarity to people, like you rented faces of death or hear rumors about snuff films. Now you can go online and see death and sex everywhere in every form.
You used to be that one creep in your small town that liked b movies and cult films and thrash metal, and Japanese death matches, and you were watching anime before anybody.
Lol, like is anyone here old enough to remember renting movies.
I would go out every Friday to hollywood video or blockbuster.
Thats something that doesnt exist anymore at all.
>>
>>2817357
>>2817365
Rebellious "smart" crowds have existed since at least the mid-80s

>>2816734
>only commercial successes are influential
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.