[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WCW at its worst is actually more entertaining than WWE at its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: judy-bagwell.jpg (25KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
judy-bagwell.jpg
25KB, 600x300px
WCW at its worst is actually more entertaining than WWE at its worst.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>2806549
How could I?
>>
>nano baller
>>
You're completly right, but this is the one thing that even the most cucked of WWE drones won't admit too.

The last 15 years of IWC culture has been dominated by the narrative that WCW was the Worst promotion ever and an embarassment to wrestling.

E-drones (even the ones that claim to be critical of the product and boo Roman Reigns etc) will never admit that current WWE is so boring that even WCW was more watchale as entertainment, because to do so would mean that they are litrally watching something weekly that is worst that "the worst"

Used to watch Nitro and RAW simultaneously, flipping back and forth. Nitro at it's worst still felt exciting and you didn't know what would happen.
>>
It is. 2000 WCW is like watching a trainwreck, with some legitimately great stuff sandwiched in here and there.
>>
>>2806701
>IWC culture has been dominated by the narrative that WCW was the Worst promotion ever and an embarassment to wrestling.
No that's TNA.
>>
>>2806701
>E-drones (even the...
Dropped
Also, no, TNA was the one with all the hate since it started because people thought (and with good reason) that it would be WCW 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>2806725
TNA is kind of the new one, that E drones like to meme as being bad, because they want to say "well at least we aren't TNA, r-right guys?"

What's funny is that all the stars impact created are now wrestling for the E and suddenly the drones act like they were always fans.
>>
>>2806701
Why are you so obsessed with e drones? Beside you're a njpw shill, the wwe fans do know that the product isn't at its peak, but it's still better than Indy garbage.
>>
Yes and no. WCW 2000/2001 is pretty entertaining by today's standards.

WCW 1999, while having good moments, is really hard to watch. Fingerpoke of Doom was worse than anything Russo wrote.
>>
>>2806769
WTF!? Finger Poke is amazing. Have you ever actually sat down and watched the whole segment or are you just parroting what you've seen others say? I'd say latter.

What are you reasons for thinking the Finger Poke sucked?
>>
>>2806549
what if she fainted?
>>
Judy Bagwell on a forklift match. I busted a gut when it was announced.
>>
>>2806701
>IWC smarks follow WWE revisionism
>>
>>2806750
People spent years claiming that DixieLand had been wasting the likes of Styles, Joe & Roode
>>
>>2807068
shut up Wolfcuc
>>
>>2807083
Fucking this
WCW has those completely over the top, even by wrestling standards, that just make you cackle with laughter
B&V's reviews are just full of gold when they get into the WCW stuff
>>
>>2807134
Sure in terms of booking quality but in terms of entertainment? Anything is better than "3 hours of literally nothing happens" a week.
>>
>>2807139
Nothing on Nitro mattered either because all of the swerves would prevent any lasting impact.
>>
>>2807068
Booking 20+ years ahead of it's time.
>>
>>2807116
>putting over B & V reviews
fucking KYS
>>
>>2807096
Parroting what you've heard other say online then it is.

Pathetic!
>>
>>2807275
Not even the guy who triggered you into your rant

At least you've stopped pretending you don't post here
>>
>>2807090
The laughable thing about hating on TNA would is it would change every few years. TNA had it faults but criticisms were often just straight up retarded.

TNA TV was actually pretty good under Hogan/Bischoff - ratings were best ever during that era. Hogan/Bischoff hurt TNA however with their huge salaries and bad business decisions like taking Impact on road and competing with RAW.

> 02-06 - sucked because of Jarrett
> 06-07 - sucked because of Russo
> 08-09 - sucked because of "old guys" and "WWE rejects" (most of whom were legends who returned to WWE) and not pushing (cringe) TNA originals
>2010 - 2012 - sucked because of Hogan/Bischoff
>2012-2016 - sucked because of Dixie
>>
>>2807292
>My rant
one sentence

>stopped pretending I post here
not wolfcuc

I just asked how the Finger Poke sucked and it triggered a bunch of wolfcuc obsessed haters. Still waiting for someone to tell me how it sucked.
>>
https://youtu.be/ZtUD3P2MeK4
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25KB, 1057x116px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
25KB, 1057x116px
>>2807333
>pretending I post here

Paging Dr. Freud...

>one sentence
>>
>>2806549
WWE's current ratings are lower than WCW's lowest just before they went under.
And WCW had heavy competition.
>>
>>2807352
Still waiting
>>
>>2807068
100% agree. Finger Poke of Doom is oft lamented as the prime example of what was wrong with WCW. Most people who knock it I notice have terrible product knowledge. It made perfect sense from all perspectives, progressed storylines for a year, and most of all was good for business.

>Nitro ratings
5.0 - January 4, 1999 - Finger Poke of Doom
5.0 - January 11, 1999 - Post Finger Poke people are still back in full force
4.4 - January 18, 1999 - A slight dip that was the harbinger of doom then, still twice as high then last week’s RAW rating.
5.0 - January 25, 1999 - Back to where it was. Whew!
4.7 - February 1, 1999 - Oh no! Another drop!
5.7 - February 8, 1999 - Wow, largest rating in the longest!
3.9 - February 15, 1999 - Oh my, WCW is going out of business next week!
4.8 - February 22, 1999 Ummm… nevermind
4.3 - February 29, 1999

Finger Poke did not only NOT drive away the fans, it led to some of the highest rated Nitros and Thunders on record.
>>
>>2807392
>wolfcuc samefagging
>>
>>2807068
>>2807392
The Fingerpoke was awesome. The fact that people still talk about it to this day proves that.
>>
>>2806701
I feel for the past couple of years it has started to change a bit though. There is a strong backlash to IWC smark wrestling culture in the anti-smarks.
>>
>>2806549
You're not wrong.

WCW's trainwreck was 1000 times more entertaining than WWF in 95. Or WWE currently.
>>
File: 1475535105459.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1475535105459.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>2806710
Thread should have ended here. 2000 WCW is unlike anything out there. The inmates were running the asylum live on TV. So bad, b T so fun to watch.
>>
>>2806549
this
>>
>>2806549
if 2000 WCW had been screened at the museum of modern art instead of on TNT it would be revered as the greatest work of the postmodern era
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.