[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think WWE needs more titles. The writing isn't going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

I think WWE needs more titles. The writing isn't going to improve, so most of these superstars need some proper reasons to feud. At the moment almost every non-title feud is pure cringe. I propose these ideas:

>Women's:
- Either a women's tag team title (one set. The champions roam between shows defending it a la Undisputed champ in 2002)
- Or 2 new midlevel women's belts (one for each show). Perhaps a lower weight class, like women's cruiserweight titles?

>Cruiserweights
- Either a tag team title
- Or a midlevel title

>Main rosters
- Either 2 new lower card belts (European/TV/Canadian/Hardcore)
- Or junior titles. A RAW and a Smackdown junior heavyweight title. Have to be under x age to be eligible.

What think?
>>
>more titles
No reason, no need. They need to make meaningful matches WITHOUT the need to put a title on the line for it.
>>
>>2802777
I think some women's tag titles would be fun desu. The men, however, do not need any more titles.
>>
>>2802794
If anything they need to put more people in title pictures, not just 1v1 feuds at all times.
>>
Why aren't pictures like this, of every title holder together, more common?
>>
>>2802777
Jesus fuck please no, WWE can't even make their current titles be worth something.
>>
European or Hardcore I would welcome back, but cruiserweights & women's divisions don't need more titles
>>
We need less titles. We have THIRTEEN titles and the only ones that actually feel important are the NXT titles and maybe the Universal title.
>>
>>2802871
>Universal Title
>That name
>That look
>One day inaugural reign
>Lengthy comedy reign that ends in a squash to an elderly man
>Elderly man
>Current champ barely even exists
>"Important"
>>
>>2802827
This, a hardcore and tv title would be great. Especially nowadays, the 24/7 rule was made for social media/ the network. So many possibilities for extremely low budget entertainment. Couple that with letting the wrestlers have some creative room and you'd make 2 great titles.
Having said that they should be treated as jokes with no prestige and kept off the ppvs unless they're on the preshow
>>
>>2802808
they were all babyfaces at the time
>>
>>2802777
>Womens tag titles
No, every team would be a random makeshift tag team with nothing in common.
>2 MORE womens belts
With the 2 weak womens rosters we have now? No.
>Cruiserweight Tag Titles
The Cruiserweight division lost its only tag team. I don't want a bunch of makeshift tag teams fighting for the titles.
>Cruiserweight Midlevel title
Theres only like 9 Cruiserweights they don't need another title.
>Hardcore
WWE will never be hardcore again
>TV title
The US and Intercontinental titles are defended on TV often enough
>Junior title
Most of the people on the main roster are old/veterans
>Canadian/European
Anyone from any country can hold any title so whats the point? Canadians are the US and WWE champs right now.
>>
>>2802777
>I think WWE needs more titles.
Stopped right there
>>
>>2802874
"maybe the universal title"
The kayfabe strongest man in wrestling is holding the title. It's not completely useless like every other title.
>>
>>2802777
Still think there should be a table ranking system that rewards points to wins, putting low card workers against high every now and again. Create feuds by them 'betting' points or something.
>>
>>2802777

Anon, I'd buttfuck you for how stupid this post is, but I'm afraid you'd enjoy it.
>>
>>2802956
Only if you're a booby blonde using a strapon.
>>
>>2802777
This pictures serves as a nice reminder to how shitty WWE used to be
>4 jobbers
>2 indy darlings
The only good thing about it is Beth and the Divas' title
>>
>>2802777
>They need more titles
WWE can't even make their existing titles seem important. Their two top champions right now are an absentee and a literal forced meme.

The midcard/tag belts have been worthless for even longer.
>>
>>2802777
Honestly it should be
>world heavyweight championship
>intercontinental
>tag
>women's
>maybe light heavyweight/cruiserweight
US belt sucks because the IC title represents the US AND the rest of the Americas. A simple "WWE" title rather than a true "world" title is lame, since that's only one promotion. The women's rosters aren't big enough to warrant two belts. Smaller wrestlers should have their own belt, but not their own show. Also, personally, I like "light heavyweight" instead of cruiserweight. Cruiserweight sounds like a skinny flippy-shit manlet. Light Heavyweight is someone who's just a bit too light to truly be a heavyweight. Weigh-ins could be implemented for those right at the 215 pound point. I was at an indy show where a guy had just dropped down to the LH division, but he missed his title match because he missed weight. Interesting booking there, especially since the guy inserted into the match in his place ended up winning the title. Imagine the possibilities.
>>
>>2803079
>Matt Sydal isn't an indy darling
>Beth Phoenix good in any way
Bad post.
>>
RAW should get a women's tag title and the should bring the Divas division & title back to smackdown to give credibility to "female athletes". have Divas do degrading diva shit and job to the women's division.

but they need more talent more than belts.
>>
>>2802777
Nah, the problem is the shit matches. Even if, say, Kalisto's job is to lose to Roman Reigns, it doesn't mean they should have a shit match. There's been too much jobbing lately on the roster, and not enough actual meaty matches.
>>
>>2802777
>ROH World Champion
>Retired, Brain turned to mush
>Retired UFC reject cuck
>Mojo's tag partner
>Still Active
>Retired
>DUDE WEED LMAO

Who would've thought CAWdy would be the Micheals
>>
>>2802777
The problem with women's division is that it will always be a sideshow division until they get their own show.
>>
>>2802777
more titles devalues them and makes everything unnecessarily more complicated
>>
>>2804529
> until they get their own show
Not going to happen. Women simply don't draw enough compared to men - look at the WNBA for example. Since wrestling is becoming less popular it wouldn't make sense to have a separate brand just for divas
>>
>>2802777
The MITB match went on last, after the title, and featured a reigning champion.
The chance to win the title is literally more important than the title to them.
They don't care. They can't do long term.
>>
The only way they could have a women's tag team title is that if they sign most of the people from the Mae Young classic.
>>
>>2804066
Everyone thought CAWdy would be a world champ during his late 2011 IC run
>>
>It's like the special olympics, everyone gets a fuckin title.
>>
>>2806336
New Japan does it and it's 5-10 times more entertaining than E atm so I don't see why not.
>>
>>2802777
>I think WWE needs more titles.
>The writing isn't going to improve,

Good job invalidating your own argument right away
>>
>>2802885
Cody & Beth were heels and Bryan was turning
>>
>>2803079
>good thing
>Divas Title
>>
>>2807586
Yeah it was mostly because they were internet favorites, not faces
>>
>>2802777
I thought you said "medieval" belt. That needs to fucking happen.
>>
>>2802777
Holy shit what's the ROH World Heavyweight champion doing in the Impact Zone?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.