[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk. I missed the lolcenawins era, but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: download (14).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Let's talk. I missed the lolcenawins era, but I've been watching his matches.
>inb4 networkfag
He is good to great in ring. What's the problem? He is a big guy (4u) and decently technical. What's the problem?
>>
>Crowd chants "you can't wrestle" at Cena while he's having a classic match or/and minutes before "this is awesome" chants

That always gets me. Even in 2007 Cena was having consistently good title defenses and matches. He was simply plagued by bad booking.
>>
>>2801010

His cock is too small and he buries his opponents with his promos. Also, his matches have no heat because he comes back with the same 5 moves and never appears to be in any real danger. It's hard to jerk off to his matches.
>>
He is cringe: the wrestler. But he stopped doing that after he beat the rock so you're only seeing his good stuff as face
>>
>>2801010
Self bump. I'm watching the 2011 MitB and it's awesome.
>>
>>2801010
I think they're just tired of him being the center of the main-event scene for 10 years straight. He;s consistently had at least 1 WWE title match per year for most of his career, and in most of those he wins or defends the championship.

I like him, but I can see why he'd get stale after awhile. I can't think of a single feud he's ever lost.
>>
>>2801024
I don't want to give this namefag attention but is it Jaime Moyano roleplaying or the North Texas University guy?
>>
>>2801010
Every fan favourite, every respected veteran, they were all fed to Cena one after the other in quick succession starting in 2005. WWE took away his character's edge and the result was a lame, invincible douchebag going over more entertaining people.

2005-2007 was just a really awful time. It soured people on Cena for almost a decade and all they could see were his flaws.
>>
>>2801010
People get mad when WWE try to push a straight-laced babyface as the top guy, and don't like it when a guy they hate never loses.
By 1992 some crowds were turning on Hogan. When he finally tried his heel run in WCW people got interested again.
People rejected Luger for trying to be Hogan.
People started turning on Bret Hart for being a boring face. He got more interesting when he did his anti-US heel run.
They turned on Shawn Michaels when he was a complete face with Jose Lothario as his manager. They started to love him again when he did his DX stuff.
They turned on Diesel when he started acting like Hogan. They started to like him again when he went back to acting like a badass.
They turned on Rocky Miavia (The Rock) when he was being pushed hard as that same babyface character. They loved him when he started doing interesting/entertaining things as a heel. They turned on The Rock in 2001 when he tried to play more of the good guy and people got bored of him, then turned on him even more with the hollywood stuff. When he became the heel Hollywood Rock people came around pretty quickly because he was entertaining.
John Cena got over by having an attitude and cutting good promos. Then when they made him a main eventer they took all his attitude away and made him an emotionless, family friendly statue. If the heel outsmarted him he'd come out and do a 10 minute promo about how "aw shucks, mister. I lost but, you know, wins and losses don't matter. The important thing is that I'm a nice guy with no friends and no personality". People got annoyed by that pretty quickly.
People started to reject Batista whenever he was a boring, one dimensional babyface.
People rejected Bobby Lashley after a while for being a boring, one dimensional babyface.
People rejected Sheamus for being a boring babyface, just like they rejected Alberto Del Rio when he tried to be a boring babyface.
(Cont.)
>>
>>2801759
(Cont.)
Every time Randy Orton tried to be a babyface (except his latest run, he seems to be doing surprisingly alright) The fans reject him because they don't believe it and because he's boring and emotionless.
And, yes, they rejected Roman Reigns for being a boring, emotionless, family friendly, neutered babyface. It didn't help that he was a terrible promo unlike John Cena, and he was a fair bit worse than Cena was in the ring when Cena was first put on top.
>>
>>2801010
entitled smarks. that's it
>>
>>2801524
This guy knows what's up.

Cena was, in particular, really lacking in-ring compared to his predecessors and peers.
>>
>>2801759
>>2801763
TL:DR
Vince has spent 25 years trying to turn wrestlers into a character nobody likes. Ever since he killed his competition, he's had no reason to listen to fans when they reject it. So now you just have to hope he picks someone talented to be that guy. Cena was the best of a bad situation. Vince tried and failed to make another Cena multiple times because it's a really difficult gimmick to not be destroyed by.
>>
>>2801778
They're a character that Vince likes and that's all that matters to him.
>>
>>2801457
He lost his feud with Punk in 2011. Think thats about it though.
>>
>>2801773
>expecting a product you're paying for to not suck is "entitlement"
>>
>>2801807
>Punk wins clean
>less than a year later, Punk has to cheat, but Cena still 'wins' multiple times

Really makes me think.
>>
>>2801524
i forgot exactly when you went from a wigger rapper who hit people with a bike lock to an all american baby face
>>
>>2801807
In 2008 he lost to Triple H Batista and JBL and was barely in the main spot
His worse periods are 2005-2007 and late 2009-2012
After he lost cleanly to Bryan in 2013 he's been alright
Even smarks supported him beating Del Rio for the WHC because he made it interesting again although he ended up losing to Orton in TLC
>>
>>2801021
>Crowd chants "You can't wrestle!"
>He does a wrestling move
>Switch to "You still suck!" chants

Always makes me kek
>>
Made wrestling from mainstream to fringe

''Cena is one of the greats''.

This kind of reasoning is the main reason wrestling sucks today. Granted, Cena was ok, he got himself over with the rapper gimmick, but marine-Super Cena of 2007 was a nightmare. It's the year WWE lost most fans until Roman Reigns came in the picture.
>>
File: 1496289690104.png (95KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1496289690104.png
95KB, 292x257px
>>2801813
>paying
>>
>>2802486
Agreed, this is one of the biggest issues they've had for years now.

>In previous eras, if you didnt like the top guy, you could still support other main eventers because they got a chance to shine
>Fast forward to Cena years and beyond
>If you don't like my handpicked guy, then ill make everyone else unlikable! Then you'll have no choice but to cheer him!
>>
I got a question for people who watched during that era. How much of a contributing factor was commentary?

If there was no commentary and it was just the promos and the matches, would it have been as bad?
>>
>>2801010
>What's the problem?
You, for thinking he's good to great in the ring.

It's like watching a fucking choreographed dance instead of a wrestling match. His ring psychology and selling are a joke. That's all you need to be a competent wrestler. You can literally brawl like Austin and make a match work, meanwhile this retard tries to do a Springboard Stunner and makes the match even less believable. That's all Cena is good at, making wrestling seem as FAKE as possible. If you think that's good or great, YOU'RE the PROBLEM. You're a cancer and you need to die.
>>
>>2801010
John cena is trash. Simple as that.
>>
>>2801499

I am Yelissa, queen of the ring rats. I pound ass on the regular
>>
I miss rooting against him desu
>>
>>2801010
Even if he were a great wrestler (he's perfectly capable of holding his own, but was carried in every single great match he had), an entire decade of ANYONE consistently on the top is just bad TV.
>>
>>2802832
>was carried in every single great match he had

Imagine being this dumb.
>>
>>2802832
>Khali Carried Dena rather than the other way around
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.