[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a (current) 80s/Cool/Drive/Neon type gi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: neon.png (828KB, 633x636px) Image search: [Google]
neon.png
828KB, 633x636px
Why isn't there a (current) 80s/Cool/Drive/Neon type gimmick?
Why isn't this his theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqjVawbo4_0
>>
File: Sipping Intently.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sipping Intently.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>2800556
There should be a E U R O B E A T type gimmick.
https://youtu.be/05zV_tmQ0wo
>>
would the protagonist from drive be a draw?
>>
>>2800556
smarks only care about muh modernism and muh realism
>>
>>2800607

I drive... FOR EACH
AND EVERY
ONE
OF YOU

*points to wrestlemania sign*
>>
why is it that this entire genre of "neon 80's" art, video games, and music that popped up since the early 10's, doesn't look or sound like anything that actually WAS from the 80's?

kavinsky, hotline miami, OP's picture, that Drive movie, Perturbator, etc. Seriously, what do any of them have to do with the 80's?
>>
File: Knightlogo.png (146KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
Knightlogo.png
146KB, 384x288px
>>2800961

Nostalgia corrupting actual memories, glorification of the good things about the era while forgetting the bad, people too young to live in the 80s that want to seem cultured cling to the prospect of enjoying the 80s despite lack of authenticity.

or just blame knight rider
>>
>>2800961
>>2800985
Also thanks in large to the internet marketing of "80s" music, fashion, etc is made to appeal to the lowest common denominator of people (including the kiddies who weren't around during those years)
>>
>>2800961
it's a new generation's interpretation of 80s music. this was always the point.
>>
File: joeyjanela1005_2.png (295KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
joeyjanela1005_2.png
295KB, 500x500px
"The Bad Boy" Joey Janela is exactly what you just described. Uses Kavinsky for his entrance music as well.
>>
>>2801202

People who are in to that music don't even call it 80's music, they call it Synth Wave. Actual 80s music like this is mostly from movies. If you went to a club in the 80's, you would hear stuff like Modern Talking, a-ha (Europefag here) etc. and nothing that sounds like Petrubator or Dynatron
>>
>le neo 80s
/v/eddit garbage
>>
>>2801260
>STOP HARMLESSLY LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

shush. Neo 80's is based.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.