[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the fans hate Reigns? What made them wake up one day and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Why do the fans hate Reigns? What made them wake up one day and just turn on him?
>>
>>2794413
He got pushed too early, too hard and at the expense of fan favorites.
>>
>>2794413
Real reason?

Because he was pushed too hard and too fast (like Cena) during a time when the fans wanted to see small, underdog, indy darlings at the top of the mountain. His Royal Rumble win was predictable and telegraphed simply due to the reaction he got the previous year, which was only out of spite for Batista, because Daniel Bryan got screwed. It literally reeked of Vince saying "holy shit, they like this guy! LET'S PUSH HIM TO THE MOON!!!"
>>
>>2794416
Then why is Jinder so popular here?
>>
>>2794435
Jinder is a heel
>>
>>2794424
>when the fans wanted to see small, underdog, indy darlings at the top of the mountain.

Did you mean guys like Ziggler, Cesaro, Ambrose, Bray or Rusev?

>>2794435
>why does a contrarian shitposting board like a forced meme
>>
Because they had him win the rumble instead of Daniel Bryan, the smarks are still seeking about it till this day.
>>
Because Ambrose was way more popular and he got shoved aside for Roman
>>
>>2794435

Jinder isn't gonna main event 200 WrestleMania's in a row beating every big guy and legend on the card.

that's the difference, you know his reign will end.. Romans will not..

Romans push is just too hard too fast.. that's all, he's not bad guy..
>>
Cornette (yeah I know) made a point about Reigns that made me think. He is literally the first Face Of the Company to ever be pushed in this way.

Sammartino was a huge draw.
Backlund was a huge draw.
Hogan was a huge draw.
Rock and Austin weren't meant to be the guys at first. They both got over by being so goddamn talented and they made it so they had to be in that role. They both became huge money draws.
Cena wasn't meant to be the guy at first. He got over because he was an extremely charismatic dude and people loved him and he eventually got pushed into that role even though people did eventually turn on him, look, they wound up turning back and he's pretty much universally beloved now. Even then, when people were booing him, he was still a big time draw and is one of the only big time draws left today.

All of those guys worked their way into that role as the top guy. They went through twists and turns, turning heel, getting over, winning the fans on to their side and turning back face. That didn't happen with Roman. He was loved as a part of the Shield and people cheered him in the 2014 Rumble, but those don't mean they wanted him to be the top guy. Roman wasn't a person the fans chose by reacting to him and paying money to see him.

Roman was a dude that was chosen for the fans when they wanted someone else and WWE has never stepped back from that for more than a few weeks. They never turned him heel, they never sent him back to the midcard except when he had a wellness violation and that was only for a few months.

They've also insulted the fans intelligence quite a bit with stuff like "It's the Raw after Mania, where you boo the people you normally cheer!"
>>
>>2794452
Because Ziggler was way more popular and he got shoved aside for Roman
>>
What WWE doesn't understand is that, they could save Roman, simply by having him go heel for awhile. But no, they'd rather have another John Cena, instead another Rock.
>>
>>2794465
Because Bryan was way more popular and he got shoved aside for Roman
>>
>>2794467
They're doing it in the most assbackwards way possible by still pushing him as the top face while having him cut BLATANTLY heel promos like he did on Monday.
>>
File: 1465676014072.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465676014072.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
>>2794413
Okay, Ill bite

-Pushed too early
-No mic skills, personality or charisma,
-Became painfully obvious that he was going to be a main event face, despite crowd reaction.
-WWE forcing daniel bryan to approve of Reigns to get a positive crowd reaction.
-Forcing roman to ride on the popularity of Ambrose and shoving him aside (and callingh ambrose his buddy, BFF, etc)
-Protected like crazy, even by WWE standards. Anti-reigns signs are taken away, boos are muted, pictures are edited, the announcers have to do backlash damage control by saying approved buzzwords (fans are having fun, voicing their opinion I love it maggle, etc) This is censorship at its worst
-Joey styles fired when asked about reigns
-They pulled out all stops to make him get over; having him fued with the authority, punching vince mcmahon, title change on RAW, etc
-he has main evented 3 wrestle manias, 2 royal rumbles and has been champ numerous times. He has accomplished more than Punk in a fraction of time. theres literally nothing left for him to achieve.
-Fans want to see guys like Nakamura, Joe, Chris hero, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, and Im sure half a dozen others as champ. WWE taunts their own fans by dangling exciting talent with main event possibilities, only to be trapped in an inevitable Reigns match.
>>
>>2794464
>Cena wasn't meant to be the guy at first. He got over because he was an extremely charismatic dude and people loved him and he eventually got pushed into that role even though people did eventually turn on him, look, they wound up turning back and he's pretty much universally beloved now. Even then, when people were booing him, he was still a big time draw and is one of the only big time draws left today.

Well, it's obvious you weren't watching at the time.
>>
It's because WWE sucks at subtlety and Roman's push might be the least transparent thing they've ever done. Predictability is easy to boo especially when it's "This guy is our new vessel for all our Cena ideas." Cena's the reason I'd stopped watching for years and seeing part II being prepared for when he retires disappointed me.
>>
>>2794503
>fans want to see Chris Fatso as champ

'no'
>>
File: HE'S FAT.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
HE'S FAT.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>2794503
>Chris hero
Ew never, send him back to the bingo halls where he belong.
>>
>>2794413
No matter how much you polish a turd it's still a turd.
>>
>>2794503
>Fans want to see guys like Nakamura, Joe, Chris hero, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens
Don't speak for me, faggot. I'd rather see Reigns as champion than that "AIIIY AM...SHINTHHHSKEH...NAH...KAMURAAA" guy. Most people I know irl would laugh their asses off at him and then ask why he's so spastic and facially dramatic. At least they get why Roman is champ material by looking at him.
>>
>>2794518
I wasn't, I'm going off of what accounts I've been able to piece together and I'm aware that a good chunk of that may be WWE's "version" of the truth, so if you feel like correcting me, go right ahead.
>>
>>2794413
I have one answer. Facebook. With the internet around, people listen to other retards bitch about common bullshit and it appears more frequently when people want to just troll random strangers. So the rhetoric kind of feeds into itself on Facebook posts where normies go to be heard by the products they like. Like a shit hurricane off a gulf coast.
>>
>>2794413 Before Rumble 2015, there were already huge Wrestlemania ads with Brock and Roman on them, like some inevitable fate, like why even have hopes or expectations that anyone else can win? It was over before it even happened.
>>
>>2794464
>Rock and Austin weren't meant to be the guys at first
You sure about the Rock? The whole Rocky Maivia thing started with him winning an elimination match at Survivor Series on his first night, and the whole time they kept hyping him up as the next big thing. Then when he went heel he was almost always the main focus of the Nation. They were constantly trying to make him a star.
>>
>>2794554
That feels like it's being drawn out to its logical conclusion this time. We've known since before Wrestlemania 33 what the main event of Wrestlemania 34 is gonna be.
>>
>>2794550
nah he's right, especially because Nakamura is actually over.
>>
>>2794557
You're right. Rock was meant to be the guy, he's a guy they knew would be champion someday, but he still had to go through some twists and turns to get there.

I guess the main difference between him and Roman is the obvious one.
>>
>>2794435 He bounced back from 3MB and improved his physique greatly, while Roman is still wearing his Shield gimmick because he's flabby and has the old Shield entrance music, he hasn't progressed like Jinder, Dean, or Seth have in the same time frame. The best he could do was involve his daughter in an angle where didn't seem especially motivated to beat Bray Wyatt any more rhan any other of his opponents.
>>
>>2794568
That and he concussed Finn Balor so he got some brownie points from the board.
>>
>>2794568
>Roman is still wearing his Shield gimmick because he's flabby and has the old Shield entrance music
I doubt either are his choice.
>>
>>2794573
Remember when he came out in the white gear and the Jordans for his match with Braun? Apparently he wanted to mix things up a bit and Vince hated it.
>>
I don't mind Roman, but the way the announcers talk about and his facial expressions are the things I most dislike. He pulls the dumbest looking faces in the ring. I think I'd like him more if the announcers didn't spend every second jacking him off whenever he's in the ring as well
>>
>>2794553
Facebook was big long before Reigns existed. GTFO.

>>2794550
pity (You)

>>2794531
>>2794535
>never watched him wrestle but here's my opinion
>>
>>2794550
my normie friends think Roman is cringe as fuck
>>
>>2794413
I started watching again in the middle of last year. I was able to form my own opinion of Roman Reigns. He's just pretty boring to me. His moveset is lame, his promos sound fake and dull, and he looks generic. He just doesn't stand out in any area.

I like his face/heel dynamic, though. Like, he's booked like a top face while drawing heel reactions, so we get to root for a heel for once. It's interesting. Braun vs. Roman had me rooting for Braun just like any other babyface. I was even pretty sad to find out Braun was going to be out for a while. He's supposed to be an unstoppable monster heel, but I just wanted to see him get one in on The Big Dog.
>>
>>2794416
This, they could have waited a bit on his god push and it would have turned out a bit more successful.
>>2794435
Gee, I wonder why oh why a board infested with underage trolls would enjoy a literal forced meme?
>>
because hes the greatest of all time and for some reason people don't like that. the GOATs attract the most haters, it's just a fact of life

see: LeBron James, Ronaldo, Mayweather
>>
It started around the time he broke Kane's record eliminations in the Rumble, not because I was upset he broke it but because up until that point as far as I can remember, Dean Ambrose was the one who always stood front and center, he did most of the talking, he was the US champ while Rollins and Reigns were Tag champs. There was no question who was the actual "top dog" of the bunch. Roman was the least talented and popular member of the group. He had one job, and that was to lift the legs of their opponents for the triple powerbomb and that's it.

Later after Seth stabbed his friends in the back, Dean went on to seek revenge while Roman didn't seem to care at all as he went on to feud with guys like Orton and Big Show to prepare him for the main event spot. Not to mention the icing on the cake was, he got to keep the gear, the music and even the entrance through the crowd while his buddies had to reinvent themselves from scratch.

Then there was the whole Daniel Bryan saga who was unfairly held back and kept away from the main event despite the overwhelming reaction and support he was receiving from the fans. That made me resent Roman even more so.

I can name a bunch of other reasons but to sum it all up; Roman Reigns is a failure, he's entitled and he's weak (wrestles with protective vest) and above all else, he is boring.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.