[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are shoot promos objectively the worst type of promos? Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: images (4).jpg (46KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
46KB, 512x287px
Are shoot promos objectively the worst type of promos?

Does it indicate a wrestlers inability to create worthwhile characters and promos with creative content ?
>>
Asuka's engrish promos are the worst type
>>
Yes. They're just cheap gimmicks which purely depend on the shock factor and appeasing fat internet smarks by using "insider terms"
>>
>>2791882

RENT FREE
>>
>>2791880
This is why as soon as he got the belt he flopped hard and every promo of him became a boring bitch fest
>>
File: itsnotyourfault.jpg (34KB, 530x288px) Image search: [Google]
itsnotyourfault.jpg
34KB, 530x288px
Are CM Punk hatethreads objectively the worst type of threads?

Does it indicate an ass destoryed mark's inability to deal with their absent father and projecting their abandonment issues onto Punk leaving pro wrestling?
>>
Reminder that the Pipebomb never broke kayfabe
>>
>>2791880
They can be good. One's like Heyman's,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9G3Onwjjg
or Styles',
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lda6Mem9Vbo
or Steiner's,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJlh1cRJDA
Are very entertaining. Punk's simply hasn't aged well. It comes off like it was written by an r/SquaredCircle smark. It doesn't feel personal or heartfelt, all of it is surface level complaints about Cena and Vince that a fan would make. Nothing about it is special or memorable in anyway.

Queue that fag spamming Punk threads to come say I'm SEETHING and have abandonment issues.
>>
>>2791900
What? He was gone for a bit when he won. That was part of the storyline. Otherwise once he came back, people loved him still. There's a reason people look fondly back on Summer Of Punk before it got ended. His promo on HHH right before his push ended was fantastic as well so your "his promos got boring" excuse makes no sense.
>>2791880
I personally think worked shoots are among the better things to come from pro wrestling. To me pro wrestling storylines are the best when they blend in reality and kayfabe, achieving the kind of kayfabe that's more kayfabe than even traditional kayfabe. Hogan turning heel was based in his white meat babyface stock dropping among the fans. Austin vs Vince started with the Montreal Screwjob that turned Vince into a villain in the eyes of the fan. Tetsuya Naito's LIJ run is based very much on how the fans wouldn't get behind him and thus neither would NJPW. In the Cena/Ambrose/AJ feud last year and Cena/Nikki/Miz/Maryse feud this year we got fantastic promos that got a bit shooty. Of course there's that Miz TS segment as well.

Especially in the modern era where there are more snarks than ever, worked shoots are that much more important.
>>
>>2791880

Stone Cold, The Rock, all their best promos had a bit of shoot in them.
>>
>>2791923
SquaredCircle wasn't even big then you underage shit

>a guy calling himself THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS sounds like a fan

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2791911

I meant to say shoot and worked shoots. I thought from the image people would understand what is implied
>>
>>2791956
Either implies a breaking of kayfabe.
>>
File: IMG_2041.jpg (57KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2041.jpg
57KB, 699x485px
>WWE
>worthwhile characters
>creative content
>>
>>2791959

What Punk did was a worked shoot? Calling out real names , parroting smark complaints, bringing out backstage info.

It doesn't completely break kayfabe like a shoot but does it nonetheless
>>
Punk's "bury the entire company," shoot promos are for the lowest common denominator fan.
>>
>>2791938

Let's apply this to another storytelling medium like movies.

Batman is hammering Joker for information and instead of the Iconic "ahead of the curve" line Joker replies

"I don’t hate you, Bale. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most actors in the industry.I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world.There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing the studio’s ass."

Imagine how retarded that would've been. Before anyone brings up meme pool most of his 4th wall breaks are for humourous effect and are not meant to push character development or the plot.

And the only appeal to his promo is that he made several smark complaints and used their terms unlike other good shoots an anon in this thread linked.

People look down on catchphrases but getting excited because he called HHH Paul is far more pathetic.
>>
>>2791988
>Calling out real names ,

Who?

>parroting smark complaints,

What?

>bringing out backstage info.

When?
>>
>>2792010
>thinking that this analogy works
>>
>>2792013

>Who

Dwayne

>What

The Rock being in the main event, Vince's management and the future being in the hands of Stephanie and hunter.

>When

John Lauranitis being an Yes man , the anti-bully campaign
>>
Russo's yes? "I GUESS BRO, THIS IS BRO, THE PART OF THE SHOW BRO, WHERE BRO, I AM THA CHICKEN BRO, SHIT BRO!"
>>
>>2791951

R/SC isn't the only forum to make such complaints.

They're just Scattered in different forums but all them now got together now in r/sc and it's no wonder they voted him the greatest WWE champion ever.
>>
>>2791923
Punk's has aged like fine wine. What you are forgetting is it's a HEEL promo, it was meant to make him seem like an asshole, at the same time as selling that match as a huge event that was different to anything we'd seen before, with different stakes. He did an amazing job. It just happens that so many of the terms and ideas that he used in it happened to be what WWE has booked around ever since.
>>
>>2791880
If you just use them as a last resort to get attention then it's horrible. But if done right you can get into that sweet middle-ground where the marks and smarks are exactly the same.
>>
>>2791904

Wasn't even watching during the Punk/Bryan rise.(But I remember watching the pipebomb because I decided to tune in one day)

Almost everyone online was telling me how revolutionary this was and that I should watch it. All I found was cringe from Phil.
>>
>>2792030
Rock had been referred to as Dwayne on-camera before: even by himself.

>wrestler complaining about other wrestler in main event

Doesn't break kayfabe

>McMahons being corrupt authorities

Doesn't break kayfabe

>the anti-bully campaign

Yeah that half-sentence before he got the mic cut really violated kayfabe.

Referring to Vince as a bully is completely inconsistent with the Mr. McMahon character
>>
File: cry_baby_1_-_iStockphoto.png (284KB, 623x411px) Image search: [Google]
cry_baby_1_-_iStockphoto.png
284KB, 623x411px
>S E E T H I N G because CM Punk said mean things (told the truth) about muh WWE
Jesus Christ
The Cult is real
>>
>>2792041
You gonna start charging plebbit rent?
>>
>>2792052

Except it wasn't McMahon is evil in the Austin/Vince fued sense.

It's that he is a poor booker who is a millionaire instead of a billionaire for not pushing smark talents like him. It wasn't about him being corrupt but them having an outdated mindset that'll continue on with Trip and Steph.

His complaint is never that Vince is a bully but that he doesn't push wrestlers that grab the brass ring but instead ass kissers.
>>
>>2792063
...the Austin/McMahon feud was literally based off Mr. McMahon thinking Austin was a poor choice for his company to build around while he attempted to force his picks down the fans' throats.

Your underage is really showing, dummy.
>>
>>2791951
I'm talking about now, idiot. That's why I said it hasn't aged well. When it first happened it was fresh and new but looking back on it it has nothing special. It's all about it's content (which didn't even go as far as other "shoot" promos before it). Punk doesn't get into the promo until the end, sounding bored through most of it. It is the most scripted "worked shoot" ever, and it feels that way(nothing too hard hitting, all pre approved and filtered). It's as overrated as a promo can be, and wouldn't have near as much impact if it was done today.
>>
>>2792067
Yeah he's really exposed himelf pretty badly there.
Any excuse to justify the unhealthy blind hatred, mentally ill people see and hear what they want to see and hear to suit their warped perspectives.
>>
>>2792077
the fucking state of this nitpicking and imaginary complaints

It's not your fault

>it's content

*its, idiot

>and wouldn't have near as much impact if it was done today.

Or it could've ushered in a new boom era.

Anything's possible in HYPOTHETICAL LAND!
>>
>>2792067

Your underage is showing. There's a difference between kayfabe boss not liking unruly employee and Punk acting like McMahon is not booking smart.

Punk never calls him a corrupt or evil dude standing in his was. He breaks kayfabe by making it about Vince's business decisions ,booking and his outdated concepts.
>>
>>2792097
Reminder that Mr. McMahon literally wanted anybody to be WWF World Champ instead of Austin or Mankind even if they were dimeless wonders.

>no u

What a spectacular refutation to accusations of being a child.
>>
>>2792097
You're seeing things that aren't there to justify your dislike of the promo and justify your unhealthy hate for anything Punk says or does.
Let it go.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
>>
>>2792104

Nice try but no. Vince was onscreen acting like the boss from hell bent on ruining Austin and Mankind.

Where as with Punk, he had nothing to do with the story, he wasn't an evil authority standing in his way.

Your delusion is quite impressive.
>>
>>2792117

Yeah wasn't Vince shown to be quite reasonable in his feud with Punk
>>
>>2792110

Well I didn't realize criticism of this promo causes this much butthurt.
>>
>>2792117
>the owner of the company has nothing to do with Punk's story of having grievances with the company

Was the last book you read a colouring book?
>>
>>2792119
>if Cena loses he's fired
>sends out Laurinaitis to screw Punk
>>
>>2792126

Vince wasn't maybe shown to be against Punk at that point.

And yes you can has issues with the company that has nothing to do with the CEO and you would know that if you weren't a basement dwelling NEET.
>>
>>2791880
I hate it when I see millennial queers sitting like that on the sidewalk. Its fucking dirty on the sidewalk
>>
>>2792177
most millennial are useless trash it is where they belong
>>
>>2792063

Wouldn't calling Cena and Hogan who are kayfabe mega baby faces ass kissers of an evil CEO break kayfabe.

I mean I don't think cena ever aligned with evil kayfabe Vince during his career either as face or heel and neither has Hogan.(except for a short time where Vince used Hollywood Hogan in the "lethal dose of poison" story but even then he wasn't kayfabe fully under McMahon control)
>>
>>2792170
>Vince wasn't maybe shown

Speak authoritatively you dingus.

>you can has issues

But can I has cheezburger?

>basement dwelling NEET

Ah, so you've devolved this far.
>>
>>2792187

Yes, people make grammar mistakes while on mobile.
>>
>>2792088
You call it nitpicking, I call it critique. I'm sorry I didn't get a stiffy when he brought up ROH and New Japan or orgasmed when he waved to Cabana. That promo is a product of it's time and has no staying power. Also "it's content" is correct as you use punctuation when you imply ownership, so the content of the promo is the promo's content, or "it's content" as I put it. Idiot.
>>
>>2792199

And that maybe was meant to be McMahon
>>
>>2792205
>I'm sorry I didn't get a stiffy

They got pills for that, y'know

>has no staying power

And somehow (You) are still bitching about it now, just like you will be in another 6 years.

>you use punctuation when you imply ownership

Except for its being the exception.

http://www.its-not-its.info/

>>2792207
>Vince wasn't McMahon show

fucker that makes even less sense!
>>
>>2792212

People consider Batman and Robin to be crap and still bring it up when talking about shit films.

I am guessing you wouldn't mind the pipebomb being discussed in the same fashion.
>>
>>2792219
You guessed wrong tiny brain
>>
>>2792212

So you have no other point to make other than bitching about grammar and have given up on trying to prove the pipebomb didn't break kayfabe.
>>
>>2792229
Onus of proof would be on you dumb-dumb.

Since you're functionally illiterate "onus" means it's something that (You) have to do.
>>
>>2792225

>Tiny brain

So you agree that just because someone is talking about it doesn't mean it has aged well then?
>>
>>2792237
nope

Why do you think that? You stupid or somethin'?
>>
>>2792234

Hey I(and others) gave you my proof dipshit and instead of addressing them you decided to nitpick on grammar and punctuation and insults.

And unless you have any good arguments to refute that then our point stands.

And you must feel special for knowing what onus mean.
>>
>>2792242

Your initial argument was that because he is talking about the pipebomb right now doesn't mean it has staying power or has aged well.

Then I showed you just because someone is talking about it doesn't mean it's discussed positively or aged well.

That simple enough for sweetheart.
>>
>>2792245
>gave you my proof

And then I (and others) dunked it.

>what onus mean.

*means :P
>>
>>2792212
I'm talking about it because somebody, probably (you), has spammed the board with about 4 or 5 threads about Punk. I had a friend who would constantly try to get me to think of Punk was the second coming, and nothing he showed me impressed me. His promos aren't that great. The matches he showed me weren't impressive (even in the good ones with people like Joe and Styles I was more impressed with what they did than what Punk did). Top that off with his IRL attitude and Punk comes off as overrated and unappealing. My friend would usually sperg out after disagreeing with him on Punk so much, I see the same happens with his fans online. Also, nice leddit spacing.
>>
>>2792253
No it wasn't.

>That simple enough for sweetheart.

Forgot a you there, sport.

But trust me: you're more than "simple" enough for all of us.

>>2792257
>I'm talking about it because somebody, probably (you), has spammed the board with about 4 or 5 threads about Punk.

What's sadder: getting triggered or deluding yourself into believing that everybody who triggers you is the same person?

>leddit spacing

go back
>>
>>2791880

I think pipebombs aren't the worst kind of promo but they're pretty low. They get older than catchphrases and should only be used sparingly.

As for the pipe bomb and punk, yeah that definitely sounds cringey today but then again I was never a fan of it from the beginning. It's like many ECW gimmicks , if that's all you got then I am not interested
>>
>>2792264
Why would I doubt someone would spam this board? Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last
>go back
Says the guy who's still leddit double spacing. You also missed one of my grammar mistakes, champ.
>>
>>2792275
You really are functionally illiterate aren't you?

>You didn't point out when I was dumb! hahaha got u

jfc
>>
>>2792264

Yet again you try to weasel your way out instead of addressing the main points. It must be too much for your little brain.

I guess you really are special child.
>>
>>2792283
Just saying you're slacking, m8.
>>
>>2792285
You've gotten debunked multiple times, by multiple people, in this same thread.

By all means, re-state your argument.

>>2792292
Yeah I'm not even reading most of your drivel now son.

And stop parroting me. It won't make you seem any more intelligent.
>>
>>2792122
Your father is still never coming back
>>
>>2792187

The pipe bomb was a worked shoot and anyone who thinks it didn't break kayfabe is retarded.Everything from saying Dwayne, Hogan and Cena(the perennial anti-authority guy at that point) were kiss asses to talking about the anti-bully campaign broke kayfabe. That's why it fat neckbeards into a frenzy and they still dick ride him to this day.
>>
>>2792298
I don't think you know what parroting means.
>>
Nope, if it does what its intended purpose is, getting it percolating through you retards' heads for years even after it's done and all parties have moved on then it can't be too bad can it?
>>
>>2792298

You didn't debunk shit.(there aren't multiple people just you spamming this thread in butthurt).You still didn't address any of my points that I laid out before you decided to Reeee on grammar since you didn't have a good counter arguments. Also accusing others of Reddit spacing to discredit them while doing the same doesn't make you look smart.
>>
>>2792310
>saying Dwayne is breaking kayfabe

HEY RAW FANS, DWAYNE JOHNSON HERE

>Cena(the perennial anti-authority guy at that point)

holy fuck you weren't even watching back then

>mentioning the campaign plastered all over WWE TV breaks kayfabe

Come the fuck on.

Your Dad is never coming back, but you can still find treatment for your confirmation bias.

>>2792311
While you're looking it up, you should also check out "projection".
>>
File: punkcool.jpg (6KB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
punkcool.jpg
6KB, 200x147px
>>2792325
>tfw 0 rent in Anonetty's head forever
>>
>>2792328
>(there aren't multiple people just you spamming this thread in butthurt).

The fucking irony.

...unless Punk has multiple illiterates with abandonment issues STILL crying, which might actually be funnier.

>since you didn't have a good counter arguments.

Bravo.

>j'accuse

But it was (You) who bought up plebbit from outta nowhere dumb-dumb
>>
>>2792336

I didn't accuse you of Reddit spacing dumb shit.
>>
>>2792348
SEE: >>2792257

>ib THAT WASN'T ME IT WAS THE OTHER ILLITERATE WHO FEELS ABANDONED BY PUNK
>>
>>2792329

Oh you're so retarded that you can't tell the difference between a genuine authority ass kisser and a guy forced to work with them.

Also you're conveniently trying avoid explaining how Dwayne and Hogan were kayfabe authority ass kissers at that point. It's hilarious actually.

Funny you admitted the anti bully part is breaking kayfabe at first but now you're back pedalling.
>>
>>2792354

Lol you're so deluded but then again you're a fan of punk.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 1024x239px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 1024x239px
>>2792354
>takes all thread to get to his "abandonment issues" line
>quotes a post where I explain how I was never a Punk fan to begin with
but please keep going on about how I'm SEETHING over a wrestler leaving a company that I didn't even watch when he was there. I've got better things to do, have fun arguing with the other guy.
>>
>>2792354

Well it(>>2792383) looks like you are the illiterate retard here.
>>
>>2792374
Do I really have to explain to you why an ex-Corporate champ was a Vince ass-kisser?

>a guy forced to work with them

Cena had been established as company guy right-or-wrong for at least a year by that point. 18+

>Funny you admitted the anti bully part is breaking kayfabe at first but now you're back pedalling.

Wow, your delusions are worse than I thought.

>>2792383
>5th reply alone mentioned abandonment issues

It's not your fault.

>I n-n-never l-l-liked him anyway!

>>2792396
>>2792381
>desperate
>>
>>2792401

You mean the guy who was the biggest babyfaces in the company and the guy who by the time of the pipebomb also a babyface? Or do you mean Hogan who fueded with Vince in his last run?

And do you not understand what kayfabe is? Cena is not an authority guy kayfabe,Only outside of kayfabe he is a company guy. How the fuck can the biggest babyface of the company be the evil authority guy? Are you actually retarded?
>>
Kind of off topic but I love how when he says "I'd like to think this company is going to be better after Vince McMahon is dead" and the whole crowd goes aawwwwwww
>>
>>2792419
A company guy doesn't have to be evil authority guy you illiterate turd.
>>
>>2791880
Punk sucks duck
>>
>>2792472
>duck
>>
>>2791923
Stop making yourself look like an ass.
>>
>>2792183
Hogan has been a tweener legit for decades now.
>>
>>2792479
>worked
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.