[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Moments that did irreparable damage to the wrestling industry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: image.gif (954KB, 320x240px)
image.gif
954KB, 320x240px
ITT: Moments that did irreparable damage to the wrestling industry. I'll start.

>the first ever what chant
>>
File: kevinowens.jpg (92KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
kevinowens.jpg
92KB, 800x500px
AKA how to kill a title from the get go
>>
inb4 some dickhead posts CM Punk or CM Punk chants.
>>
CM Punk chants
>>
File: cm punk drawing.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cm punk drawing.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
CM Punk
>>
>>2790977
Bryan winning title at WM XXX
>>
>>2790977
Triple Cuck getting an office job
The creation of NXMeme
Daniel Cryan main eventing WM XXX
Vince allowing Gaitch to push divashit and sign gooks
>>
>>2790977
Benoit and Eddie at the end of WM XX

Kevin Owens inspiring fat average looking t-shirt indie guy era
>>
>>2791009
>>2791019
>>2791041
Yeah it must be hard being this dense, thinking he destroyed the business when he did nothing but innovated it to the point everyone tries to pull off a epic promo but fails miserably.
Stay... What's that word you guys always say? Oh yes... Worked.
>>
>>2791036
>>2791041
>>2791062
It can't be just me who noticed that whenever they push one of these indie midgets, it always backfires spectacularly. And I'm not even talking about the ratings collapse each time, it backfires on them in bigger ways than just that.
>benoit sudokus his family
>punk quits and sues them
>cryan's brain turning to mush
>>
>>2791070
Hi Phil!
>>
>>2791070
you just got worked into a shoot
>>
>>2791070
The thing about Punk is that he did way more just the pipebomb. SES, Nexus plus that promo where he exposes the Rock and the Rock fumbles throughout his promo
>>
>>2791070
>literally typing through the tears

>>2791082
>he exposes the Rock and the Rock fumbles throughout his promo
>smarks believe this unironically
>>
Benoit killing his family
>>
>>2791098
WHO'S NAILED A PIPEBOMB SINCE HE LEFT? GO ON. GIVE ME A LIST OF 10 PEOPLE SINCE PUNKS DEPARTURE RIGHT NOW. I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT. IT BEGINS WITH A "Z" AND ENDS WITH A "O"
>>
>>2791074
>Diesel is the lowest-drawing WWF Champion of all-time
>Reigns drove away 1.3 MILLION regular viewers
>Mahal can't even sell out a Smackdown
>>
>>2791204
>The only guy drawing is the one who drove away the viewers

>>2791112
>calling a worked shoot promo a "pipebomb"
cringe
>>
>>2791209
>Reigns is a draw

1.3 MILLION (and counting!) beg to differ.

>>2791062
Owens debuted on RAW 2 years ago. How can he be the "inspiration" for anything?
>>
>>2791209
>Reigns
>drawing even a doodle

And with that went the very last shred of both dignity and credibility in your post. May kek have mercy on your wretched soul.
>>
>>2790977
Angle v Benoit submission feud in 2001
Made tapping out shameful from that point on
>>
>>2791215
>the only guy PROVEN to be drawing is the one who is driving away viewers because smarks say so
reminder that this indie midget era is when the ratings started declining. One man can't save the company alone.
>>
>>2791255
Reminder that Bryan is the last WWE World Champion to average 3.0 ratings

Reminder that Bryan's RAWafterMania was the highest-rated episode of the previous 3+ years

Reminder that Rollins's RAWafterMania is the highest-rated episode of the last ~6+ years

Reminder that Reigns winning the Royal Rumble began the lowest-rated Road to WrestleMania since 1997

Reminder that over 1.3 MILLION viewers watched Bryan's WrestleMania WWE Title chase than now

>>2791250
Submitting has always been considered "shameful" in WWE
>>
>>2791273
>tapping was always shameful

Fucking this. That's exactly why Stone Cold "passed out" from the sharp shooter, instead of tapping during that infamous double turn match between he and Bret.
>>
>>2791277
Tapping out wasn't actually in WWF until after that match, it only began in Shamrock matches.
>>
>>2791282
Oh, I think you're right. Didn't they just verbally give up back then?
>>
>>2791273
>using the ratings of literally a single solitary raw as """"proof""""
Reminder than 1 million viewers stopped watching in just 2 months when bryan was champion

Reminder that the buyrates during bryan's run got so bad that they just gave out PPVs free on the network and do so to this day
>>
>>2791289
Mostly, they started using nodding as a visual indicator for the crowd.

What was the last high-profile submission win prior to Shamrock?
>>
>>2791295
Actually, Bryan was the final WWE Champion post-Wrestlemania to actually maintain ratings momentum.

The WWE Network had been in-the-works back when Bryan was Mr. MITB and PPV buys had dropped long before that.

Oh, I forgot something:

>Reminder that Reigns's RAWafterMania was the lowest rated in ~5+ years
>>
>>2791297
To the best of my memory yes. That was the one that stands out to me anyway.
>>
>>2790977
This video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrp5aX5-6k

By retroactively portraying heels of the past in a sympathetic light the WWE set itself on a path where every wrestler from there on out is a face because they are "chasing the dream".

This style of booking makes it near-impossible to get real heel heat. You essentially have to trick the fans into thinking you are a real life asshole via Kayfabe 2.0.
>>
>>2791036
His UFC debut did more damage to pro wrestling than the steroid scandal, the loss of kayfabe, or the benoit murder-suicide.

Wrestling is truly a joke now.
>>
>>2791112
Miz
>>
Ten chants
>>
Hogan joining TNA killed the last chance we ever had for competition
>>
>>2790993
To be fair KO did great towards the end before losing to Oldberg, just booked ridiculously weak against Roman.
Like wtf he is your champion yet they still did that to him.
>>
>>2790993
yeah but that match was great
>>
>>2790977
WWE caving into the indie nerd crowd and putting the belt multiple times on Bryan Daniel a vanilla midget midcard comedy act.
>>
JBL main event push. Quit watching for 10 years when that floppy titted jobber won the belt
>>
>>2791277

But didn't he tap to angle?
>>
>>2790993
Owens did great with what he was offered. him and y2j always had the best segments during that period.
>>
>>2794675
Yeah but that was much later when tapping out was basically guaranteed to happen to at least one person per PPV.
>>
>>2794145
Chickenshit-heel champ, bro... No matter if you're a fan or not, chickenchamps are always booked weaked af
>>
File: tumblr_ny1bnyWnuo1ryj2jgo1_1280.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny1bnyWnuo1ryj2jgo1_1280.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.