[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did any heel before Corporate Rock do the "sit in on commentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
Did any heel before Corporate Rock do the "sit in on commentary during your own match" thing? It's a great idea
>>
>>2790449
Pretty sure it was done in ECW first, like almost everything WWE did.
>>
File: RQWW0[1].png (1MB, 1281x800px) Image search: [Google]
RQWW0[1].png
1MB, 1281x800px
Corporate Rock was great, he should have had a better run. He was only heel for like 5 months. It's like they created Corporate Rock JUST to feed to Austin at Mania.

If they had set up someone else as the proxy for Vince to feed to Austin at Mania, then Rock could have turned heel afterwards and they could have had a longer and better feud.
>>
>>2791228
Rock turned babyface 'cause he was so fucking over.

>If they had set up someone else as the proxy for Vince to feed to Austin at Mania

Who else could've been The Corporation's guy?
>>
>>2791228
I agree
>>
>>2790624
>it was done in ECW first
WWF: 1980
ECW: 1992
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2791288
Rock wasn't wrestling in 1980 though
>>
Austin did in 1996, here he is arguing with Mr perfect its great

this is what started to get Austin over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVae8mHLLGU
>>
>>2791228
>It's like they created Corporate Rock JUST to feed to Austin at Mania.

thats exactly why they did it

Main eventing Wrestlemania as top heel>>>Wrestling on the undercard as a babyface
>>
>>2791288
By this logic CMLL invented every modern concept in wrestling

P.S. WWE is 2002
>>
>>2791248
Mankind would have been interesting.

Kane would have been best but would have required more buildup and a longer reign, not just cheekily winning it as Survivor Series.

Shamrock was the closest like-for-like replacement.

The Big Nasty, Paul Wight?
>>
>>2791323
Austin literally feuded with Foley the year prior as his post-Wrestlemania program

Austin literally feuded with Kane twice in the past year

Shamrock was midcard

Wight only debuted like 6 weeks before Wrestlemania
>>
>>2791323
>The Big Nasty, Paul Wight?
nah he was fucking shit in the attitude era
his title reign in 99 (i think?) was one of the WOATs
>>
WM 15 did a bigger buyrate than WM 14 did with Mike Tyson involved

it would not have done as good with cuck foley in the main event instead of the rock
>>
>>2790449
nWo in WCW
>>
>>2791337
Specifically Hall & Nash
>>
>>2791337
>>2791341
I thought that they commentated over pre-tapes on WCW Saturday Night
>>
>>2791322
Be more pedantic.
>>
>>2791345
They did running commentary during their matches in the empty arena nWo Saturday night shows.
>>
>>2791323
>Mankind would have been interesting.
>Kane would have been best but would have required more buildup and a longer reign, not just cheekily winning it as Survivor Series.
>Shamrock was the closest like-for-like replacement.
>The Big Nasty, Paul Wight?

Did you actually ever watch any of the Corporation era? The whole angle was Vince was creating an elite image for his wealthy corporation, and recruited either hard bastard enforcers, or Blue Chipper icons to his stable.

All the freaks and anomolies were sidelined. Almost every person you mentioned was a part of UPYORS - the people who were shunned and sidelined because they didn't fit the ideal company image.
>>
>>2791296
I thought he meant of his OWN match. Like when Rock did it against Road Dogg which is honestly oneof my earliest memories of the wwf so he may not have even been heel at the time
>>
>>2791454
pretty sure Jerry Lawler did it many times
>>
>>2791348
hold this L

>>2791411
Union was post-Wrestlemania XV
>>
>>2791528
You miss the point. These people were \ble to fit in The Union because the long term arch was to create an elite, blue chipper image for the Corporation.

Your fantasy booking of having any one of those guys fronting for the Corporation would have meant rebooking everything to do with the Corporation up until that point, to the level that it'd essentially be a different entity.

Although UPYORS was a little bit cringe, and didn't work especially well, it fit at the time because it was establishment v outsiders, and the freaks and outsiders were banding together. None of them could have been convincing as "the franchise player" the way someone like Rock or HHH could.
>>
>>2791228
The original plan was Flair as Corporate Champion
>>
>>2791739
I'm not the dumbass who booked those guys as the Corporate champ, just stating a fact.

>long term arch

breh

>>2791952
>source: your ass
>>
>>2791992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBrziazfsVA
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.