[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2018 WILL BE A VERY IMPORTANT YEAR FOR THE FUTURE OF PRO-WRESTLING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 198394212.jpg (213KB, 481x467px) Image search: [Google]
198394212.jpg
213KB, 481x467px
2018 WILL BE A VERY IMPORTANT YEAR FOR THE FUTURE OF PRO-WRESTLING - according to le Meltz.
>on the recent Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer touched on a number of big topics
>With the participants announced, Dave considers this years G1 [Climax 27] on paper to be perhaps the most stacked G1 in the tournaments history and is expecting many Match of the Year Candidates to take place.
>the big draws, with no surprise, will be IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada, Kenny Omega, Tetsuya Naito, and IWGP Intercontinental Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi
>The big surprise participant announced was Kota Ibushi, who will almost certainly be facing Omega at some point in the tournament
>Speaking on Daniel Bryan, Dave thinks that if forthcoming test results are good that Daniel will be wrestling again. The question is will it be with WWE
>If Daniel is cleared, the only way WWE will retain him is if they offer him an exorbitant contract, and even then there is no guarantee he would resign
>Daniel Bryan has said that WWE is a 'spoof of wrestling' and that he wants to 'really wrestle'
>He's cited CMLL and NJPW as desired destinations
>If New Japan continues to gain stream through 2017, things may get very interesting with perhaps the possibility of Bryan signing with them
>the success, or lack thereof, of New Japan's expansion and their support of Kenny Omega being a leader in the expansion will also play heavily into whether Omega resigns with them or buys into WWE
>on top of all of this is 2018 will be WWE's last year under current contract with USA, which will be renegotiated in 2019
>>
>>2789729
All I need is Naito as the IWGP Heavyweight Champ while having a better feud with Tanahashi (hopefully after he undergoes a successful surgery) and Kota vs Kenny.

Bryan will never leave WWE even if he was cleared. He that he has a family to think of, he'll probably gonna play it safe, and WWE pay him handsomely as well.
>>
File: e-drones in 2019.jpg (80KB, 800x455px) Image search: [Google]
e-drones in 2019.jpg
80KB, 800x455px
>>
>>2789753
keeping dreaming. it's okada vs naito for wk.
>>
>>2789756
I'm sure it is, and hoping that Naito is winning so he can feud with Tanahashi.
>>
>>2789729
>le

Reddit please fuck off to any other place but here.
>>
>>2789753
I Mean he's already said he wants to wrestle for CMLL and he was very close to signing with New Japan already before WWE brought him back.
>>
>>2789776
Kill yourself
>>
>>2789729
Okada/Omega III might happen in G1 too, but more likely they'll save it for KOPW or WK12
>>
File: 1203092904.jpg (69KB, 484x358px) Image search: [Google]
1203092904.jpg
69KB, 484x358px
>yfw Dbry becomes the new Sting to Omega's Hollywood Hogan
the best part is this time the the match won't suck because Omega is one of the 3 best in the world and Dbry is Dbry
>>
>>2789964
I'd rather have them save it for few years, it would be bigger when they feud again, and having Okada losing to Naito at WK would be better for the Okada/Omega 3rd match because its gonna be unpredictable who's going to win it with Okada losing his consecutive momentum losing to Naito.
>>
File: DC8avk-XkAEeicY.jpg (77KB, 780x423px) Image search: [Google]
DC8avk-XkAEeicY.jpg
77KB, 780x423px
>>2789753
After reading how Shibata has been doing lately, Bryan should stay retired
>>
File: shibata1.jpg (136KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
shibata1.jpg
136KB, 1200x795px
>>2790045
Jesus Christ
>>
>>2790045
Now I liked Shibata as a wrestler, but I have trouble feeling bad for him. With all what we know about head injuries and concussions now, he had to have seen this coming. Thank God he didn't hurt anyone else taking those stupid headbutts.
>>
File: devilish.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>2789729
>mfw New Japan poaches WWE's contract with USA
>>
Hi guys, E-drone here only recently watching NJPW.

In story-line terms what happens to the briefcase and title match at WK if Okada wins G1 and still has the title?

Does the champion ever win the G1?
>>
>>2790045
This is really unfortunate, he should have known better than abusing those headbutts; They were really unnecessary. I could understand if he does them occasionally, but he went overboard on his last match.
>>
>>2790087
He would face anyone that beat him during the round robin, but he won't win so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>2790045
>yfw Tana was right all along, there wass no "next" to Shibata's style
>>
>>2790087
only 2 guys have done this before and both happened before the first Wrestle Kingdom. so it would be kind of unprecedented if say Okada won because something like that hasn't happened in 20 years. And the NJPW of today is different from the NJPW back then.

My guess is that if Okada won he'd have to defend the briefcase against somebody he lost to in G1, which has been the unwritten rule of the modern G1.
>>
>>2790125
I know he won't win, just wondered what happens in storyline if he does. He's champ and the goat, they have to sell it like he's the best and the favorite to win surely? Thanks.

>>2790176
Thanks
>>
>omega going to WWE at all
>>
>>2790045
Theres a difference though.

Bryan has been cleared by every doctor but WWE's. Let's keep in mind a few things.

1. Vince pays this Dr. for "results". If you think a Dr. is above taking a huge payoff to come with the results Vince wants, you're an idiot.

2. I don't believe anything Vince or WWE says publicly or tries to push. The company has always said one thing and did another. Stand up to bullying!!! Has a bullying problem. We drug test! Yah but the limits are so high you have to be a fucktard like bitch tits Roman to fail.

3.Speaking of Roman, he has been a failure of huge proportions even if Vince or anti-smarks troll that he's not. Vince blames a lot of that on Bryan and his marks. Bryan will never wrestle again in WWE for that reason only. He made Reigns look bad. And if he came back to wrestle at any point, Roman will be even worse off. Why do you think Roman has been kept off smackdown?

So when his contract ends, it will depend on NJPW. If they keep rising and are red hot, Vince will offer Bryan insane amount of money to stay and do jackshit.

If NJPW falls back down some and not getting a lot of attention, Vince will most likely not offer and let him go.

If anyone has brain damage, it's Vince.
>>
>>2790348
This looks like a ridiculous Alex Jones conspiracy. Why did Christian quietly retire again? Because of his history of concussions and WWE is trying to be very careful regarding them due to lawsuits. I really hope you don't believe stupid shit like this.
>>
>>2790353
christian was never over as much as bryan, get real.
>>
File: danielson.jpg (129KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
danielson.jpg
129KB, 360x360px
Here is the recent audio of Dave Meltzer talking about Daniel Bryan's situation:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-50nBJvwPjQ
>>
>>2790353
Go listen to
>>2790425
Basically what I said. The doctor they hired in the first place was the guy that had the shit reputation for writing down what the Steelers wanted him to.
>>
>>2790481
I'm with you on their official doctor. Daniel has said in many interviews that he has been cleared by multiple other doctors.
>>
>>2790515
>multiple other doctors.
Who exactly? Not doubting, I just want to know. Google only mentions one neurosurgeon at UCLA.
>>
Assuming all these good things happen for NJPW, they keeping getting hotter, keep Omega, get Bryan...they still have poor distribution. AXS is like POP in that not many people get it.
>>
File: 1495583796856.gif (702KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1495583796856.gif
702KB, 245x160px
>>2790865
Fox Sports 1 soon...
>>
>>2790865
I would watch it on AXS but I don't have it. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are in the same situation.
>>
>>2790875
I have NJPW World, but I still watch the AXS show because I enjoy the commentary and it also has interviews with the wrestlers talking about the match in a retrospective. It also has subtitles on the in ring promos and post match press conference. It's good.
>>
>>2789729
Don't want WWE to ruin Bryan.
>>
>>2790884
holy fuck an actual discussion about professional wrestling this is amazing
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.