[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a championship belt that started off as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: some jobber.jpg (16KB, 292x400px) Image search: [Google]
some jobber.jpg
16KB, 292x400px
Has there ever been a championship belt that started off as a joke/irrelevant but ended up acquiring a lot of kayfabe prestige?
>>
Universal title i guess.

It feels more relevant than the WWE championship since they put it on Lesnar.
>>
File: JVT2mT6.jpg (37KB, 423x358px) Image search: [Google]
JVT2mT6.jpg
37KB, 423x358px
>>2785646
>>
nice hairline
>>
>>2785670

hey thanks.
>>
>>2785646
the intercontinal belt started out as a joke then got prestige in the mid 80s became a joke again in 99 and then became prestigious again in 00 and then a joke again
>>
>>2785654
...What the hell is that abomination supposed to be!?
>>
>>2785646
NXT women's championship
>>
>>2785651
They certainly are trying that
>>
>>2785651
The universal title was supposed to be big deal since the beginning, it hasn't been even a year since it was created and goldberg and lesnar have already held it. It's supposed to be the modern day world championship after all.

I still can't care much about it though , maybe because it doesn't have much history, or maybe because of the red color (they chose a really shitty color design for the title)
Maybe it will acquire more prestige in a couple of years.
Right now for me it's just meh, I cannot imagine a WM main event with that title on the line.
>>
>>2785646
FTW Title
>>
>>2785646
Hardcore title.

It didn't have a lot of prestige but it had a bit and definitely started as a joke.
>>
>>2785646
hardcore
>>
>>2785646
Internet championship
Shit actually got to the point that it was in a game and Zack wasn't
>>
>>2785654
>belt is in a fridge with a half finished pepsi
is that a cm punk joke?
>>
>>2785790
>Title is up for grabs 24/7

There was so much they could do with that stipulation alone. Especially now, could you imagine Kevin Owens winning the title live on Facebook inline at Subway, or while the champ is at the movies.

The technology and talent is there, that they could bring it back and do some great things with it. But they would probably ruin in by using it more for cross promotion that creating good content.
>>
>>2786206

I've always thought it was crazy that they didn't bring it back purely for social media shenanigans. Leave it in the hands of the talent and let them dick around with it.
>>
>>2785756
I don't get why Vince has such a need to erase history/lineage every now and then. Seems like just another way to kill that little bit of magic left in wrestling to make it completely bland and meaningless. Maybe if none of the belts mean anything, we'll finally be right when we tell people that wins and losses don't matter.
>>
File: a true champion.jpg (92KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
a true champion.jpg
92KB, 498x332px
>>2786206
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Heavymetalweight_Championship

A title in the japanese DDT promotion, a comedy belt with 24/7 rules. Usually fought over in battle royales, but can be won anywhere, anytime. There have been over 1200 champions. Joey Ryan is the current champion in his 42nd reign. I think they give him the belt and let him do what he wants with it back in America, as long as he brings it back with him to DDT.

Noteable champions include:
Baseball bat
Steel chair
Camera crane
Spider-Man
Pork bun
An editor for Tokyo Sports
The title belt itself
3 different ladders
A trash bin after someone throws the belt in it
Several different blowup dolls, most named Yoshihiko
Vince McMahon's Hollywood Walk of Fame star
A wrestling poster
A guy who "won" the championship via online auction
3 different animals: A money, a mini dachshund dog, and a cat named Bunny
2 different invisible wrestlers
The entire audience of Beyond Wrestling's Americanrana '16
3 japanese elementary school girls
Chris Hero after buying the title from the Young Bucks using money he stole from them
Veda Scott after Chris Hero traded it to her for a new elbow technique
Candice LeRae after pinning Joey Ryan in a dream
Colt Cabana after making Scott Hall hold up a piece of paper that said "I give up."
Tommy Dreamer wins by First Blood by giving Chris Masters a papercut
>>
>>2786230
>Rusev coming back from time off
>Rusev is now live on Facebook
>Attacks Ambrose Saturday afternoon while he's at home cutting the grass
>Rusev wins the hardcore championship
>Rusevs return is trending #1 with the wwe universe
>Has hype and momentum going into raw
>Can use this naturally create a feud going into the next ppv

Imagine just how easy it would be to hype someone's return, or push new talent.
>>
>>2786119
KEK
>>
>>2786261
Based.
>>
>>2786261

>Comedy Title
>Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship

Pick one
>>
>>2785756
>maybe because of the red color (they chose a really shitty color design for the title)

Its not just the color. Its that all the titles look the same outside of it. Its bland lifeless and corporate as fuck. Everybody loved the winged eagle. Then you have the big gold belt. Hell even that ridiculous spinner belt had a bit of uniqueness to it. They all stuck out as the top title for its respective brand at the time. But now that they are all the same with different colors and the only thing that is different about any of them is the small little side plates you barley see. They just dont feel special at all since they just look like some cookie cutter belt.
>>
>>2786124
Probably. Bennett would use the moves of WWE wrestlers, he would quote Edge's theme before he went for a spear, and the anaconda vise was his finisher.
>>
>>2785654
>10 of those for $10.14

seems like a good deal
>>
File: 10 champs 4.jpg (55KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
10 champs 4.jpg
55KB, 400x600px
Based Stone Pitbull single-handedly took it from irrelevant undercard filler to a badge of honour that guys will legitimately shorten their careers for a chance to have.

>>2785651
kek, Hell fucking no, it's a goddamn joke
>>
>>2785651
Lesnar is a joke
>>
Reminder that MVP was the first IWGP IC champion and now the title is probably equal to the world title
>>
File: images (92).jpg (25KB, 280x390px) Image search: [Google]
images (92).jpg
25KB, 280x390px
>>2788096
Forgot pic
>>
>>2788096
>>2788097
It was never considered irrelevant or a joke tho
>>
>>2788179
No one gave a fuck about the IC title until Nakamura made it his own vanity title.
>>
>>2788205
yeah that was a rough <15 months for the IWGP IC Title before Nakamura first won it
>>
>>2788085
Anyone who draws dimes is no joke.
>>
>>2788097

One, two

You hear the JUST tickin'
>>
>>2788097
MVP is awesome. He also has one of the best wrestling taunts, the free throw.
>>
Any belt that is booked with care to have good angles, good talent, and good matches will become prestigious over a looking enough time. Any. The opposite is also true; book bad angles, bad talent, and bad matches long enough and a belt will lose prestige. Any. Belt.
>>
>>2785651
LMAO
>>
>>2786261
Thats awesome.WiWisi had been able to see any of that.
>>
>>2788083
>>2789299

So you guys think Jinder Mahal's reign on Tuesdown is more relevant than what's going on in the Raw main event? lol
>>
>>2786230
>>2786206
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo80cGTXS5s
>>
>>2789354
Yes actually. The red belt is barely seen and jinder is what has people talking
>>
>>2789419
Smackdown hasn't sold out during Jinder's push
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.