[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad will the spam be in 7 days? It's the pipebomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1206.jpg (28KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1206.jpg
28KB, 470x313px
How bad will the spam be in 7 days? It's the pipebomb anniversary on 27th
>>
>>2780765
Can someone tell what's so great about the pipebomb? Is literally just because he brought up ROH and New Japan? Or did people really get worked by the whole "they cut my mic!" shit?
>>
>>2781155
How about you watch for yourself and make your own mind up?
>>
>>2781158
I have and I came to the conclusion that it's just an average promo with some "ooh, I shouldn't be say that" crap thrown in there. I'm asking the people who think it's amazing what makes it so great?
>>
>>2781187
Let's be real here for a sec.
You only want to do this so you can shit on people who like the promo more than you did right?
>>
>>2781199
keep getting worked redddit smark
>>
>>2781199
No. I keep hearing people talk about great it is. I've even heard people say it's what got them back into wrestling. But when I watch it I just don't see what makes it special.
>>
>>2781213
What a mature and reasoned response.
Totally kills the theory that all Punk haters are unhinged mental cases.
>>
>>2781199
>asks for opinions
>tries to get both sides of the coin
>"n-NUH MAN DON'T SHIT MORE ON PHIL"
Don't be ultradefensive all the time, he's just asking for fucks sake
>>
>>2781187
The environment was boring and stagnant (not as bad as it is now). But hardcore/IWC fans became more prominent in the audience. Hatred towards Cena was at its peak. People wanted a new face, Punk hits the pipebomb at the right time. It was a promo that was composed with all the cliches about the WWE - Vince likes big men, people like me won't make it coz we're skinny. All the top guys are good at kissing ass while we worked in bingo halls for half our careers. He named dropped ROH, Colt Cabana, and New Japan. To be honest, it was just the timing that made it iconic.

That being said, most of CM Punks promos are in the top 10. You can't deny that. Remember that promo where he destroyed the Rock so hard that Dwayne forgot his lines?
>>
>>2781220
That's fine.
You don't have to like it as much as other people did.
And there is no need to compare your enjoyment of it to others' enjoyment of it.
Plus at the end of the day, if anyone did explain why they love the promo so much, they'd like just be met with a bunch of playground insults and meme posting.
This is not a board for sincere discussion.
>>
>>2781223
>>
>>2781232
>y-you're inmature
Says the guy getting worked because someone asked a question about Punk because everyone shits on him so bad today you need to protect what's little he has left.
Totally kills the theory that all Punk lovers are overprotective nutjobs.
>>
File: robin-williams.jpg (45KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
robin-williams.jpg
45KB, 500x269px
>>2781254
I only want to help you get over your problems that are making you fell this way. I am your friend Anon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandoned_child_syndrome
http://www.couplescounselingchicago.net/7-signs-you-have-abandonment-issues-you-cant-ignore/
http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/abandonment
http://www.abandonment.net/abandonment-frequently-asked-questions
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-many-faces-addiction/201006/understanding-the-pain-abandonment
http://psychologia.co/abandonment-issues/
https://www.jordangrayconsulting.com/2014/03/abandonment-issues/
>>
>>2781227
He let the audience hear what they wanted to hear. Punk's enunciation and delivery are probably the best in the business. His promos always come out natural and less scripted. He looks like he believes in what he's saying. You can shit on Punk all you want, but at least give him credit where it's due. He was perfect for that Promo

The Pipebomb is Overrated but Iconic, not just because of CM Punk. WWE showed signs of breaking the ice. For once they acknowledged companies outside the WWE
>>
>>2781226

You mean the promo where the Rock got cheered like he usually does and Punk was met with dead silence?

Yeah I do. Also none of his promos are in the Top 10. Not even top 20. Worked shoot promos are objectively the least creative and laziest form of promos in wrestling.
>>
>>2780765
who cares its the 10th anniversary of Benoit in 4 days
>>
>>2780765
No one gives a damn about that promo, the only phil spam we're going to get is when he gets his ass kicked again in his next MMA match
>>
File: tmp_Vic-Venom3-1233843578.png (880KB, 946x522px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_Vic-Venom3-1233843578.png
880KB, 946x522px
>>2781416
>I don't like worked shoots
Vic Venom would like a word with you
>>
File: TheMizPunk.jpg (164KB, 1280x1010px) Image search: [Google]
TheMizPunk.jpg
164KB, 1280x1010px
REVERSE

MIZ

ZIM

ESREVER
>>
>>2781261
Been I while since I've seen this pasta. Good job m8.
Seriously though I love Punk as a wrestler but hate him as a person, I think most people here have trouble differentiating between the two.
>>
>>2781416
>You mean the promo where the Rock got cheered like he usually does and Punk was met with dead silence?
Punk was a heel
>>
>>2781187
Everyone assumed it was a shoot and during that time, it was considered groundbreaking. If the same promo delivered now, it wouldn't have the same impact.
>>
>>2781866
A heel should get booed, not silence
>>
>>2781890
People were silent because they were in shock. It was a hard hitting promo
>>
>>2781226
>2011
>cena hatred at its peak

how r u this dumb
>>
>>2781783
It's fine to hate him as a wrestler.
Nobody on here or the IWC knows him as a person.
Making judgments about his personal character based on his heel wrestling persona is the markiest thing imaginable and shows an awful lack of self awareness.
The constant bringing up of the guy even though he hasnt wrestled in 4 years and ragging on every little thing he does and begging for him to fail because he left pro wrestling is just.......weird.
It's unhealthy obsessive and weirdly spiteful and vindictive. To me it speaks volumes about the character of the person who still clings onto that and holds a grudge because a guy left the business because he was fed up of it.
It's like, so fucking what? Who cares? Why be so angry about it?
The machine kept on rolling and he moved on with his life. So.........what am I not getting here?
>>
>>2781155
I don't know if you remember 2010-11 RAW, but it makes today look like 2002 Smackdown. It may honestly have been the absolute lowpoint of creativity in WWE. Miz had just main evented Wrestlemania. Cena was fighting Orton every month. R-Truth and Alberto Del Rio were being positioned as a top heels. Heel Cole on commentary. Batista and Edge were slowly on their way out.

Punk's pipebomb wasn't groundbreaking per se, but it came at a critical time. It hit the checklist for every smark talking point at the time, and was honestly a first.
>>
File: IMG_0369.png (267KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0369.png
267KB, 406x406px
Why would you know that off the top of your head? Are smarks this fucking sad?
>>
>>2782723
>Punk's pipebomb wasn't groundbreaking per s
>and was honestly a first.

Pick one. It was a copypasta of Joey Style' and Heyman's shoots on Vinny and the biz.

It was far from being "a first" and only people who're relatively new to wrestling even think such a thing.
>>
>>2780765
Not one fuck will be given on that day
>>
>>2782723
No wonder Jericho left. He'd rather be doing failed gameshows on ABC than trying to save 2009-11 Raw.
>>
File: confederate truth.jpg (37KB, 541x371px) Image search: [Google]
confederate truth.jpg
37KB, 541x371px
>>2782723
>R-Truth and Alberto Del Rio were being positioned as a top heels.

I won't have you besmirch the name of Confederate Truth
>>
No one cares OP, just let the cuckman phil fade away into obscurity as nature intends.
>>
>>2782723
R-Truth as a heel was one of the best heel runs in the past few years

Your timeline is so fucked up my man
>>
>>2782640
>>
>>2781890

Exactly my point. I genuinely don't know why smarks love the box with god promo. It's the same shit Triple H used to do with a stolen phrase from rap songs which in turn stole from a poem.
>>
>>2782640

I think people dislike his fans more than anything.

They try to shoehorn him in unrelated threads(like the main event with big stars thread which got derailed)

Overrating him above the greats(like the reddit which decided he was the greatest champ in wwe history)

So you get threads like this which are meant to piss em off.
>>
File: 1485284237405.jpg (148KB, 729x693px) Image search: [Google]
1485284237405.jpg
148KB, 729x693px
>>2780765
Reminder that everyone makes peace with Vince eventually and we will hear this theme next week -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sig6ZL2EkUQ

CM PHIL CM PHIL CM PHIL
>>
>>2785081
>mfw Haitch returns and cuts a promo like this next week, Shawn Michaels Montreal 2005 style -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgW2G5QoHFY

CM Phil's music hits half way through

>Nobody appears

pottery
>>
>>2785085

Trips can't pull an annoying cunt promo like Shawn.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.