[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find me a main event for a weekly pro wrestling show with more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 21

File: images (2).jpg (28KB, 441x333px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
28KB, 441x333px
Find me a main event for a weekly pro wrestling show with more star power(both in the ring and on commentary) than this one.

Pro tip : You can't
>>
>star power
>those two janettys

kek
'hall' and 'nash' are nobodies
>>
>>2780691
18+ kiddo
>>
John Cena vs. CM Punk: Raw, Nov. 12, 2012

No one in your image was as over as punk during their peak
>>
>>2780692

He's right.

>Austin, Rock, Hulk
Only definite draws of all time
>Alcoholic, chicken legs man
Either never a main eventer or never a draw

The two a literal nobodies.
>>
>>2780693

Yep wasn't Punk voted the greatest champion by r/SC Reddit which is the largest wrestling community online.

Wouldn't be surprised if he dwarfed all of them in star power. I am closely watching his new career. He will probably be a bigger Hollywood star than the Rock.

The big question is. Will he go the action star route like Arnie? or will he be an Oscar winning actor like Daniel day lewis ?or maybe be a bit of both like DiCaprio?

In Any case it'll certainly be interesting to watch
>>
>>2780691
this tbqh. Hall was a midcarder and Nash a certified anti-draw
>>
>>2780691
>>2780697
Thinking Hall & Nash were never legitimate draws

Holyshit

28+
>>
>>2780725
But for Nwo as a package to be a draw. Hall and Nash are essential.

So in order to fully utilize "the star power " of the NWO you need hall and Nash
>>
>>2780737
they were not draws individually
>>
>>2780744
Prove it...
>>
>>2780693
Punk was never over to Nash's or Hall's level at his peak never mind Hogan, Austin, or Rock
>>
Nash and Hall were never draws during their time. Nash and Hall were complete non-entities by the time The Rock and Stone Cold were in the ME picture.
>>
>>2780691
28+
>>
>>2780759

See >>2780705 for proof
>>
>>2780697
>only 3 men in wrestling ever drew

You know that wrestling existed before 1984 right? And post-1991? Then after 1997-2003?
>>
>>2780691
>>2780693
>>2780725
>Hall & Nash didn't draw
They were signed by WCW in 1996 to the biggest money contracts in wrestling behind only Hogan. You don't even need to use numbers here, just apply logic. You don't spend huge amounts of money to sign guys who don't draw.

Need I remind you it was Hall & Nash that lit the business on fire. Of course I know you're going to claim it was Hogan but the reality is it was Hall & Nash and every peer, insider, and historian of the business knows it & has said so.
>>
>>2780759
Punk was literally more over than Rock during their feud

>>2780778
>You don't spend huge amounts of money to sign guys who don't draw.

WCW hired Lanny Poffo for years and never even used him once
>>
>>2780778

Lol Hall and Nash being even remotely to close to being over as Punk.

Punk is a future cultural Icon like Hogan. His pipebomb is a top 3 most important event in wrestling.
>>
>>2780782

Is that why the crowd was always dead during Punks 20 minute Rants and were full of life and excitment whenever the Rock entered the stage?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>2780778

kek

https://youtu.be/ABs_aj8VF9o
>>
>>2780793
>Punks
>Rants

Not too bright are (You)?
>>
>>2780761
This is so wrong on so many levels.

e.g.

>WWF IYH: Rock Bottom 12/13/1998
Main Event: Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker
Semi Main: The Rock vs. Mankind
PPV buys = 290,000 buys
Gate: $416,032 Canadian

WCW Starrcade 12/27/1998
Main Event = Kevin Nash vs. Bill Goldberg
PPV buys = 450,000
Gate: $584,236

WCW Souled Out 01/17/1999
Main Event: Scott Hall vs. Bill Goldberg
PPV Buys: 270,000
Gate: $210,740
>>
>>2780798
Oh look you've identified an auto correct error. You're so precious.
>>
>>2780796
Vast majority of guys who have worked on top have drawn money. So more so than others but you're not put in that position and kept in it if you don't draw to some degree. A bit of common sense please.
>>
>>2780786
Whatever troll
>>
>>2780776

Definite draw = never had a period during their peak where they didn't draw. Guys like Bret Hart drew in some territories but not all of them.
>>
>>2780800
January PPV getting outdrawn by a December PPV is the exact opposite point you wanted to prove

>>2780810
But there were 2 errors there m8 ;)

...well...now it's 3
>>
>>2780811
yeah WCW never wasted money on guys who didn't draw. that's why they won and are thriving today! it's common sense, amirite!

Sending brejetty to World Clusterfuck Wrestling and keeping Michaels (and promoting Austin) was the smartest move Vince ever made. Literally the final blow. It just took a couple of years to manifest. Like Trump's "because you'd be in jail" line was the final blow to Hillary in the election... but no one else saw it at the time.
>>
>>2780778

You realise that this was not just any principle that the WCW followed right? They signed ANYONE they could just to prevent them from signing with the WWF, they had hundreds of wrestlers on their books but only used a fraction of them on Nitro.
>>
File: ext.jpg (14KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
ext.jpg
14KB, 400x229px
>>2780693
>cm punk at his peak was more over than hogan or austin at their peaks
>>
>>2780689

So none of you can prove OP wrong Kek

Also people trying to prop up punk . Unironically kill yourselves.
>>
>>2780820
Michaels retired less than 6 months after Montreal

>the smartest move Vince ever made was Shane & Patterson's idea to push a Paul Heyman Guy

gb2 >>>/pol/

>>2780818
Hogan's drawing power atrophied in the 90s until he turned.
>>
>>2780782
If Punk was more over than the Rock...you're clearly trolling or the most delusional idiot ever. Numbers prove without a shadow of a doubt you are wrong. WWE wouldn't have wasted money bringing Dwayne back if Punk was more over than him. Do you have a clue how business works?

>Lanny Poffo
Eric Bischoff when confronted of this in an interview stated he signed Lanny as favour to his brother. Randy gave up part of his agreed salary and it went to Lanny instead. So basically a percentage of Randy's money went to Lanny instead. At the time I would've done same thing to get/keep Savage in WCW.
>>
>>2780689
Probably right OP. Regardless of Hall & Nash, you've still got Austin, Rock and Hogan there, arguably the three biggest wrestling stars ever.
>>
>>2780819
Are you retarded? this was in reponse to a claim that Hall & Nash were no entities during Austin & Rock's time as main eventers

Yet so called "midcarder" Scott Hall vs. Goldberg drew 270,000 PPV buys a few weeks after Austin/Taker and Rock/Mankind drew 290,000 PPV buys. So there is a 20,000 buys difference.....that's no much difference, it's in same ball park.

A CLUE. GET ONE.
>>
>>2780800
you are comparing an In Your House event to what is supposed to be the WCW's Wrestlemania
>>
>>2780759
>Punk was never over to Nash's or Hall's level
https://youtube.com/watch?v=5OfSR68tEzs
>>
>>2780761
>>2780819

>WWF IYH: Over The Edge 05/31/1998
Main Event: Steve Austin vs. Dude Love
PPV buys: 203,000
Gate: $186,383

>WCW Slamboree 05/17/1998
Main Event Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. Giant & Sting
PPV Buys: 250,000
Gate: $352,035

Austin BTFO by "non entities" The Outsiders
>>
>>2780689
>It's another NWOWolfpac thread

Is this the power of autism?
>>
>>2780697
>Rock
>draw
lmao
>>
>>2780819
>Exact opposite point

I think you mean "Exact opposite of the point" you retard
>>
>>2780845
Bill Goldberg was a draw at the peak of his popularity in 1998, we already knew this. He was the draw, not Hall and Nashetty.
>>
>>2780852
>WCW's Wrestlemania
That's only claimed by WWFaggots because they have to use their New York bullshit to contextualize everything.
>>
>>2780831
Did you even watch the Punk/Rock feud? Y or N?

>>2780860
You "think" wrong. Sorry, champ.
>>2780845
>>2780855
>nEEtWolfcuc THIS mad

Also:

>Are you retarded?
>.....that's no much difference,

Pillock.
>>
>>2780855
>WCW at its absolute peak barely outdrew WWF over a year from hitting it's peak when it was just Austin vs Dude fucking Love.

Fuck off back to youtube nwowolfcucktv
>>
Wolfpack is right. Anyone who thinks the Outisders weren't over and weren't a draw is clueless.
>>
>>2780862
So at you trying to say Goldberg was the only person who drew in 1998? because that is straight up retarded.
>>
>>2780829
>>2780829
>>>2780820 (You)
That was just bad luck with Michaels getting injured. Heel champ Michaels and Austin would have tore it up for the better part of a year were it not for the injury. Summerslam rematch for sure.
>>
>>2780867
Mike Graham said Nash was the biggest draw in WCW after 1998. But E-drones are still seething about him because of what he said about midgets.
>>
>>2780865

I think everyone here did. That's why everyone here other than trolls think you're pathetic for implying Punk was more over than The Rock.
>>
>>2780869
Goldberg was the main reason WCW started it's terminal decline in 1999 instead of 1998. He bought them another year.
>>
>>2780874
Punk could draw flies to shit desu. That's why he never main evented as champion.
>>
File: mnw top draws.png (31KB, 826x614px) Image search: [Google]
mnw top draws.png
31KB, 826x614px
Nash out drawing Austin & Rock in 1999
>>
>>2780873
I think a lot of new wrestling fans are desperate to discredit anything that got over that wasn't predominately based upon in-ring skill, as I've noticed a huge push against the Attitude Era, ECW, the nWo, etc. in recent years.
>>
>>2780874
>heel Punk getting cheered over Rock in that feud
>>
>>2780881
If only cheers were dimes...
>>
File: nWoWolfpactv.jpg (181KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
nWoWolfpactv.jpg
181KB, 720x544px
I'm not Wolfpac I swear! but I this was on his Twitter. So pointless arguing about "draws" without numbers that why Wolfpac always has /asp NEETS seething.
>>
>>2780877

Lol yeah. I think one guy said it best in the "Book his return thread", the only manner in which people want to see punk in the WWE is in the memory of screen after his inevitable suicide
>>
>>2780881

>The Rock being cheered and having the crowd at the palm of his hands as a face should.

>Punk ranting to a dead crowd like the bad heel that he is.
>>
>>2780881
getting cheered playing a heel means hes failing at his job you idiot

the heel is meant to make the fans want to see him get beat up, thats how a heel draws
>>
>>2780886
they literally are, you retard.

you can only cheer if you paid the dimes first.
and you pay the dimes in anticipation of the person you want to cheer for you.

punk, dbry and miz are all draws.

roman will never be a draw, cena was never a draw.
>>
>>2780896

>Cena sold more merch and influenced ratings than no dimes Punk
>>
>>2780896
>implying WWE makes most of its dimes from the gate
How does it feel to be this dumb?
>>
>>2780852
You're a moron. When someone claims Nash & Hall were "non entities" when Austin and Rock were on top why should it matter if he compared Starrcade to In Your House numbers when they're in exact same month? he just proved the claim The Outsiders were "non entities" when Austin and Rock were on top as bogus.
>>
>>2780905

He is a Punk fan. They're not known for their intelligence or taste.

I mean they like a guy who cringe inducingly described himself as a sociopath.
>>
Austin vs Undertaker since it got the highest rating ever
>>
>>2780911
They really do have awful taste. Why would anyone pay to see some skinny fat, sarcastic, unathletic bitch cut a long-winded, pseudointellectual promo where he bitches about his boss, despite having a shit work ethic and being a diva, and calls himself the best in the world despite being a backyard wrestling tragic with no clue.
>>
ITT: wolfcuck absolutely seething
>>
>>2780862
So who was drawing prior to Goldberg exploding in popularity? who was drawing on the shows that Goldberg didn't appear on? Keep in mind Hogan and Savage only worked literally a handful of house shows in 1997-1998.

>WCW @ Savannah, GA - May 3, 1998
Ernest Miller defeated Yuji Nagata
The Barbarian defeated Bobby Eaton
Perry Saturn defeated Fit Finlay
Billy Kidman & Sick Boy defeated High Voltage
Booker T defeated WCW TV Champion Chris Benoit to win the title
Diamond Dallas Page defeated Raven
The Giant defeated WCW Tag Team Champion Kevin Nash via disqualification
>This show drew a sellout 6,814 paying $112,740.

>WCW @ Little Rock, AR - Barton Coliseum - August 1, 1998
Lizmark Jr. & Silver King defeated Damien & Ciclope
Ernest Miller defeated Terry Taylor
Fit Finlay defeated Chris Adams
Jim Duggan defeated Kendall Windham
Raven defeated Perry Saturn
Brad Armstrong defeated WCW Cruiserweight Champion Chris Jericho in a non-title match
Lex Luger defeated WCW US Champion Bret Hart via disqualification in a non-title match when Scott Hall interfered; moments later, Kevin Nash made the save
Kevin Nash & Lex Luger defeated Scott Hall & WCW US Champion Bret Hart
>This show drew a sellout 8,084 paying $141,125.

Goldberg wasn't on the shows above but according to your logic he must have drawn the houses. Just 2 examples of many. Can you see how retarded you make yourself look?
>>
>>2780920

It absolutely baffles me. His promos are absolute cringe if you're not a hardcore fan without insider knowledge. I never knew he was big deal until started reading fan comments on the internet.

I doesn't help that he depended on shoot promos which is the WOAT style of promo. It depends on your opponent having more skeletons in the closet than you do or else you end up looking like a hypocrite. (Like how Cena and Punk look now for shooting on the Rock for having passions outside of wwe). It indicates you can't create a worthwhile character and outperform your adversary.
>>
>>2780919
Hogan vs. Andre on SNME is biggest rating ever in the U.S. Did 33 million viewers.

2nd biggest rating ever is U.S. is Hogan/Savage vs. Twin Towers. Did 22 million viewers.

Austin vs. Taker if I recall correctly did around 9 to 11 million.
>>
>>2780919
>>2780940
The most-watched pro wrestling match in U.S. history is Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant on Saturday Nights Main Event on February 5, 1988 drawing a 15.2 rating & 33 million viewers. The second most-watched pro wrestling match in U.S. history was Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs. Twin Towers on The Main Event on February 2, 1989 drawing an 11.6 rating & 21 million viewers. Steve Austin's most-watched match was against The Undertaker on RAW on June 28, 1999 drawing a 9.5 rating & 10.72 million viewers.
>>
>>2780938
It's cheap shit, totally. Worked shoots are the hardcore wrestling of promos. Of course you'll get a reaction going through a flaming table, but if that's all you've got then you just aren't very good. Anyone can do it.
>>
Kevin Nash most watched match = 6.5 rating and 7.75 million viewers

CM Punk never did anything close to this.
>>
>>2780866
WCW's peak wasn't May 1998. It was July/August 1998.

In July/August 1998, Bash at the Beach did 650,000 buys. They drew 40,000 at Georgia Dome and brought their attendance/gate record . House show business & TV ratings were incredible. Rodman & Jay Leno brought in the mainstream publicty. May 1998 is actually probably WCW's worst month of 1998 yet still beat Austin after Tyson on PPV.

Try studying the numbers for once on your life.
>>
>>2780920
They relate to him. They view themselves as the pathetic loser who was picked on, was terrible athlete, and thinks he is smarter than everyone else.
>>
>>2780689

OP here I like the "whether Nash and Hall were draws" shitflinging and Punk marks autism but do any of you fat neckbeards actually have a rebuttal to my post?
>>
>>2780977
>Try studying the numbers for once on your life.
Okay Wolfie, back off on the cringe.
>>
>>2781001

Don't forget being "Sociopaths"

Because having emotions is weak after all and these guys are edgy like that.
>>
>>2781002
It's not possible.
>>
>>2780977
What are the best WCW matches in 1998? I haven't seen much of '98 WCW since I was a kid.
>>
>>2781002
Hogan vs. Andre in 1988 did 33 million viewers. I don't know how many viewers nWo vs. Austin/Rock did but based on my knowledge I'd say in 2002 probably 6 - 8 million which is nowhere close to Hogan vs. Andre in 1988. So my argument/point is Hogan and Andre had more star power in 1988.
>>
>>2781016
What makes a match good?
>>
>>2781021

And less competition
>>
>>2781024
A hot crowd.
>>
>>2781021
there was only 12 channels on the tv in 88
>>
>>2781021

My question isn't whether a particular weekly show match drew(because that would be obvious with the numbers) a lot but rather whether it had people who drew in general.(or at least drew at one point in their career)

Like if there was Raw main Event with Rock, Hogan, Andre, Austin,Goldberg and Bret Hart. I would put it above a match with the same participants say without Goldberg even if it had a better rating.
>>
>>2781016
Depends on your taste. Wrestling is subjective. Like what you like not what others tell you to like. Example: Meltzer give following match a DUD but i'd give it 4.5 or 5 stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHDyKVBsoo

I personally prefer matches with:
>larger than life characters
>big guys
>intensity/heat
>big match feel
>storytelling
>kick/punch brawling

WCW had lots of great matches in 1998. To many too say but here few that come to mind.

- Goldberg vs. Hogan (Nitro - Jul 98)
- Goldberg vs. Hall (Nitro - July 98)
- Hogan vs. Savage (Apr 98)
- Goldberg vs. Raven (Nitro - Apr 98)
- Goldberg vs. Nash (Starrcade 98)
- Hart vs. Flair (Souled Out 98)
- Nash vs. Giant (Souled Out 98)
- Nash/Luger vs. Hogan/Giant (Nitro - Jun 98)
- Flair vs. Bischoff (Nitro - Dec 98)
- Hart vs. Luger (Nitro - Aug 98)
>>
>>2781021
Andre vs Hogan was on free tv

Nitro / Raw are on cable

comparing the two is retarded
>>
>>2781021
Hogan/Andre was on NBC
>>
>>2781061
Thanks, list looks good. I think we have fairly similar tastes. Did Scotty Steiner/Steiners have any big matches in '98?
>>
>>2781046

Sad that something that obvious has to be explained.
>>
>>2781046
Fair enough. nWo vs. Rock/Austin hard to beat but there would be quite a few matches you could argue/make a case had more star power.

Hogan, Nash & Hall vs. Savage, Giant & Sting from March 9, 1998 Nitro you could probably make case for.

Goldberg & Nash vs. Hogan & The Giant...in August 1998 ended up being some big cluster where Goldberg pinned Curt Hennig and also involved Ultimate Warrior, Piper, DDP, Luger, Konnan
>>
>>2781071
Never said it wasn't.

SNME = Saturday Night's Main Event on NBC.
>>
>>2781067
Never compared them. Someone made claim Austin's match was highest rated ever. I just proved it wasn't. Engage your brain next time before typing.
>>
>>2781087
>Hogan, Nash & Hall vs. Savage, Giant & Sting
How the fuck do people grow up watching this and then watch Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens with Michael Cole on commentary? I can't do it.
>>
>>2781087

Hmm savage is great but the combo of savage , Giant & sting is not equal to the Rock & Austin combo. The giant is a massive Janetty here.
>>
>>2781098
Hopefully, they don't. At some point, you have to cut ties.
>>
File: nWo Hotline Advert [1997].jpg (744KB, 1280x1835px) Image search: [Google]
nWo Hotline Advert [1997].jpg
744KB, 1280x1835px
SUPER OVER Kevin Nash and Scott Hall ...Da Outsiders

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs8vm2_wcwnwo-slamboree-98-the-outsiders-vs-sting-and-the-giant-part-1_sport

4 4 4 4 LIFE
>>
>>2780796
Bret was a massive drawer of dimes.
>>
>>2781118
I'm referring to the play that I hear who [claim] to have grown up watching the Attitude-Nitro era and say that today's wrestling is better.
>>
>>2781120
Survey says...

1 more for the good guys!
>>
>>2781120
>>2781128
I vividly remember listening/watching this on scamblevision.
>>
>>2780907
>>2780845
Fuck you. Your retarded fucking WCW redneck. Go fuck you're sister. She is over their sucking off Tyrone
>>
>>2781075
Both Steiner's battled injuries in 1998. Both got injured soon after they split delaying feud. When they began feuding later that year both still not 100%. They had entratning tag team match at Halloween Havoc also involving Giant & Bagwell. Scott/Buff also had good match with Goldberg/Rick on Nitro in Feb/March 99 (Rick & Bagwell's return to ring from injury.

Scott didn't really starting hitting his stride in having good matches again until January 1999.
>>
>>2781098

This just reminded me OPs question mentions the commentary also has to be stars.

To the guy listing WCW matches did they have a GOAT commentary team like Lawler and Ross.
>>
>>2781142
Cry baby cry! BTFO by numbers and can't handle it! KEK
>>
>>2781147
Tony & Heenan > JR & Lawler.
>>
>>2781152

Shit taste. Nothing else I have to say
>>
in terms of peak drawing ability

Austin > Hogan > Rock > Nash > Hall
>>
>>2781152
They were both great and fit their products well. Both added to the show. I prefer JR and King, but WWF was my 'home team' so to speak
>>
>>2780689
Goldberg vs. Meng (nWo Lumberjack match with Hogan, Giant, Hall, Nash, Sting, Luger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTN9aKdLBf8
>>
>>2781156
Ditto
>>
>>2781147
>>2781152
JR and King were great, but I liked how WCW's trio treated wrestling like serious, professional business. It made it feel more important and like a bigger deal.
>>
>>2781157
Hogan is above all if you don't ignore the 80s. But even in the 90s he drew a shit ton compared to Austin, until Austin reached full stride.
>>
>>2781167

But isn't that what JR did day in and day out?

Also Tony became the eternal Janetty with the ,"that'll put butts in their seats" comment.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=l6wb28uCh9k
>>
File: austinhoga.png (16KB, 576x189px) Image search: [Google]
austinhoga.png
16KB, 576x189px
>>2781173
Austin was bigger at his peak, not his fault Owen Hart broke his neck he would have drawn more dimes than Hogan did in 80s wrestling in the RA era
>>
>>2780705

Lol wtf punk in the same sentence as Arnie and DiCaprio?

Arnie is literally a bigger dime drawer than hogan
>>
>>2780689
Fall Brawl 1998 War Games: Hogan vs. Bret Hart vs. Stevie Ray vs. Kevin Nash vs. Sting vs. Lex Luger vs. Ultimate Warrior vs. Roddy Piper vs. Diamond Dallas Page
>>
>>2781203
Rock and Austin are bigger than all them names outside Hogan though
>>
>>2781181
>But isn't that what JR did day in and day out?
Yes, but his delivery was all the difference. He had the strong southern accent and was also very over the top. JR was amazing but you'd never use "professional" to describe his style, even though he was a professional. JR highlighted and was part of the over the top, ridiculous, holy-shit-that-just-happened nature of wrestling. The WCW guys acted more like professional outsiders/analysts treating it more cerebrally and professionally and like it was all actually real.

And Tony was instructed to say that by Eric, he even called Mick that night or the next morning to apologize.
>>
>>2781190
Dave doesn't know what he's talking about, unless he's using a very specific metric. Overall Hogan absolutely was, and is, bigger than Austin.
>>
>>2781190
If yo go on Meltzer's paid website forums, People argue with Meltzer about this and prove him wrong. Don't just believe like some stupid dumbass sheep because Meltzer says so.
>>
>>2781203

>Luger, warrior, Stevie ray, DDP,piper

Less drawing power than Rocks left eye brow

>Bretcuck.

Equals Rocks right eye brow and the peoples strudel in terms of drawing ability.

Which leaves the rest of the Rock and Austin.
>>
>>2781218
>>2781219

>it's a wolfcuck knows more than Dave Melzter thread

Dave Meltzer on Hulk Hogan's drawing power

>Hogan was a big draw for more years than Austin. But Austin's grosses were so huge that his few years were bigger than all of Hogan's put together. The profit margin in Austin's best year was more than the total profit margin, in fact, significantly more, between 1984 and 1992, which was the entire Hogan WWE era. Just so this isn't misinterpreted. WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total. Best single year was $6 million. Profits were never less than $56 million each year from 98-99 through 00-01.

>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history. In WCW's best year and hottest period, Goldberg was the draw. When WCW was doing those 30,000 fan Nitros, Hogan was doing one of his retirements and the company was doing its biggest house show business ever without him.

>Hogan didn't draw that well at house shows in WCW until the entire company itself was on fire, and then they were drawing with him and without him. Hogan was never close to the man when it came to WCW's big period of ratings. Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.

>In WWE, his first 2-3 PPVs and first TV appearances did great for the nostalgic return. Check the ratings that year. They died after a while. I remember the week, there was a Hogan interview shortly after he'd won the title where the audience tuned out in droves. They had to get the belt from him.
>>
>>2781228
>WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total.
What the fuck? That's minuscule.
>>
>>2781228
>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history. In WCW's best year and hottest period, Goldberg was the draw.
Dave is being hypocritical here, because using this same logic, Rock was bigger than Austin. Hogan and the nWo being so massive allowed Goldberg to reach those levels, same thing with Austin reaching massive heights allowing the Rock to flourish.
>>
>>2781208
Not when you combine names.

Warrior + Piper in 1998 against 2002 Rock?

Bret + Sting in 1998 against 2002 Austin?

Sorry but I don't see how you can definitively claim

Hogan/Nash/Hall/Rock/Austin

has more starpower than

Hogan/Hart/Nash/Sting/Luger/Warrior/Piper/DDDP/Ray
>>
>>2781228
Meltzer has already been debunked in his own forums
>>
>>2781228
Okay, so that's the specific metric of drawing money. Let's assume that's true. That doesn't disprove that Hogan drew way more eyeballs, and is a much bigger icon in America today.
>>
>>2781212

Yes we all know it was Eric but it was Tony who took the brunt of the backlash and Hence became the Janetty.

JR will always be remembered for his memorable calls.
>>
>>2781250
JR was great. But I think childhood is thinking JR/Jerry was goat while adulthood is realizing the WCW team was better.

That's probably why WCW was more popular with the older demo.
>>
>>2781242

See >>2781221 to know how much the combined names of those listed compares to The Rock.

Seems pretty accurate desu.
>>
>>2781098
>10-minute TV main event 6-man

As somebody who grew up watching Nitro I'll gladly take Zayn vs. Kev over this.
>>
>>2781260
>>10-minute TV main event 6-man
What's wrong with that? They didn't give everything away on TV every week and make you bored of the guys in a few months.
>>
>>2781247
did they debunk Vince?

>"Austin surpassed all of Hogan's records... in terms of merchandising and licensing, and pay-per-view and live events. Without question the most popular performer we've ever had." - Vince McMahon, Owner of WWE.

state of 40 year old Hogan marks, Austin surpassed him in every way
>>
>>2780895
Dwayne must suck as a babyface if he can't get cheered against Punk when he's telling fans to fuck off.

Just like Dwayne got booed against Lesnar
Just like Dwayne got booed against Jericho
Just like Dwayne got booed against Hollywood

>you idiot
>thats

Every fuckin' time.
>>
>>2781228
So many false-hood and inaccuracies in this. Sad that people just buy into anything Meltzer says.
>>
the absolute shantytown of wolfcuck, stop spamming my board with your autism
>>
>>2781266
>Thinking Hogan only worked for WWE
>ignoring what Hogan did out outside of WWE
>>
>>2780977
>Try studying the numbers

But I like actually having a life...
>>
>>2781228
>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history.
Wrestling was dead at this point. Everything was stale including Hogan. Austin would not appreciably increase ratings today were he to return. Just like Rock's return didn't.

But Hulk Hogan turning heel and being the most important member of NWO

LITERALLY

rescued the business and made it extremely popular again. In his mid-40s.
>>
>>2781268
Meltzer is too autistic to lie
>>
>>2781273
Try stopping me. What? you can't. that's what I though faggot. Go back to doing what you do best gagging on cock
>>
>>2781212
>a SOUTHERNER can't be a pro commentator

Fuck
Off
Dunn
>>
>>2781268
>false-hood

lol you're dumb
>>2781221
>Piper wasn't a draw

Eighteen FUCKING Plus
>>
>>2781233
He's probably using the actual numbers, try adjusting the inflation to today numbers
>>2781167
I think a good way to put it was WCW's team (especially Schiavone) were what current Michael Cole wants to be but fails miserably
>>
>>2781263
So...what's that got to do with which match is going to be a better watch?
>>
>>2781277
I'm pro Hogan here but it was Nash/Hall more than Hogan for resurgence in business. Thing that boggles my mind is no matter how many people who come out and say this (Hogan, Bischoff, Kevin Sullivan, Sting, Konnan, Luger, Wade Keller, Mark Madden etc.) it falls on deaf ears.
>>
>>2781283
Not what I said. I said his southern accent was one of many attributes that held him back from having that professional, intelligent, "this is real, serious business" vibe that the WCW guys put off.

I already stated JR was excellent.
>>
>>2781267
>Dwayne must suck as a babyface if he can't get cheered against Punk when he's telling fans to fuck off.

He didn't . Punk fans like to fantasize too much.

>Just like Dwayne got booed against Lesnar

Because fans were upset he was leaving for Hollywood not because they liked him more

>Just like Dwayne got booed against Jericho

He has literally BTFOed Jericho several times and got cheered against him even during his Iconic debut

>Just like Dwayne got booed against Hollywood

To Hulk fucking Hogan who returned to wwe after several years in the rival company in his home country. The fact that he got duelling chants in Toronto against Hogan himself is an accomplishment.

No one short of Austin could accomplish that. Punk would literally have gotten Roman level boos against a returning Hulk .
>>
>>2781292
>muh match quality
You're a meme, kid
>>
>>2781295
Hogan legitimized them and drew the eyeballs necessary for them to rejuvenate the business. Without Hogan they would not have gotten that big. They were nobodies, Hogan was thee "body". Ask random people who Kevin Nash or Scott Hall are. 99/100 won't know. 99/100 will know Hulk Hogan. Hogan gave them the rub they needed and was overall the most important member of NWO and the resurgence of wrestling in the 90s.
>>
>>2781316
NWO angle was already the hottest angle in years before Hogan got involved, it was going to be big without him
>>
>>2781318
Not THAT big though.
>>
>>2781259
2002 Rock isn't 2017 Rock

What don't you comprehend?
>>
>>2781311
Not because they liked Brock more*
>>
>>2781312
>I watch boring matches 'cause it's "best-for-business"

Calling you a mark would be too generous.

>>2781311
>He didn't.

So you agree Rock got booed against Punk?
>>
>>2781319
true but still enough to help give WCWs business a good boost
>>
>>2781318
It might have been big in the business. But it wouldn't have been big in the mainstream. Why can't you understand that? Hogan is the reason we're all talking about wrestling today. He's also responsible for Austin getting so big. He literally paved the way. He built the entire interstate highway so everyone could get there.
>>
>>2781328
You know that Zayn and Owens have never had a good match, right?
>>
>>2781316
Dude, you're a nobody. I've listen to Eric Bischoff, Kevin Sullivan, Wade Keller & Mark Madden on this subject. You weren't there. They were. I implore you to start listening to Kevin Sullivan's podcast.

You have no idea what Hall/Nash did for Huik. NONE. If you want to learn the truth.....listen to head booker at the time Kevin Sullivan podcast. All I'm going to say.
>>
>>2781328
28+
>>
>>2781328

He didn't get booed against Punk ;)
>>
>>2781339
>believing people don't have biases
Most people backstage dislike Hulk because he made so much money and was a politicker and always looked out for himself and his character. So of course they're gonna downplay his importance in favor of someone they liked more (or hate less) and took less out of their paychecks.

Meanwhile Hulk made wrestling popular twice, in two different decades, and is one of the most well known and loved Americans ever, and literally buried Gawker, while all those names you listed, for all intensive purposes, are literally whos
>>
>>2781361
Wasn't Sullivan a friend of Hogan's going way back?
>>
>>2781339
>You have no idea what Hall/Nash did for Huik. NONE.
They may have done well for him, but it pales in comparison to what he did for them, and more importantly, THE ENTITE BUSINESS
>>
>>2781328

I am guessing this cuckman Phil mark ruining the discussion regarding legitimate draws.

O.K here's the deal Punk didn't get cheered against the Rock nor did he get get booed in particular. He got dead silence.

He shouldn't be in this conversation because he barely main evented, did nothing to the declining ratings(even Edge managed to turn the tide for a short while), so mentioning in the same breath as Austin , Rock and Hogan who took the business to new heights, beat the biggest competition WWE ever faced and took Wrestling to their greatest eras.

Where as Punk couldn't outsell Cena the most divisive Babyface in History.

Heck on his best day Punk couldn't lace up Bret's boots because even he managed to hold the company together during their worst period.

So please, don't poison the discussion than you already have.
>>
>>2781167
I liked them both, But J.r/king where the best for me. Made the show so much better.
>>
>>2781291
>I think a good way to put it was WCW's team (especially Schiavone) were what current Michael Cole wants to be but fails miserably
So true
>>
>>2781339
They both benefited in the end, that's it.
Hogan gave them the reputation they needed, Nash/Hall took that, ran with it and then they revived Hulk's career with the new attitude and made everyone forget how cringy Hulkamania got in the 90's, by the time 2002 came, everyone saw Hogan as an inmortal being who could leg drop a dog in the ring and STILL be cheered for it.
>>
>>2781331
Look deeper. Hall & Nash booked the nWo angle - majority of ideas came from them. They're the one who held Hogan by the hand brought him up on game from promos, attitude, look.....they helped him with all that when in Kevin Sullivan words they could have embarrassed him & killed them off if they wanted because they were so cool, but they chose to work with him because they were business men. It took Hogan a few months to find his stride.

You need to listen to Kevin Sullivan. You literally have no fucking idea. Sullivan was there. You weren't. The stories of Hogan walking into TV after turning heel in baseball cap, sneakers etc. instead of bandana & cowboy boots etc. are hilarious. Nash & Hall made Hogan cool.
>>
>>2781337
I guess it's hard to have a good match when you're consistently having great ones.

>>2781340
I already said I watched Nitro during its run, learn math

>>2781343
2 L8 M8

>>2781384
>I am guessing this cuckman Phil mark ruining the discussion regarding legitimate draws.

Can I press 1 for English?

>He got dead silence.

Why lie on the internet?
>>
>>2781406
>ran with it and then they revived Hulk's career with the new attitude
People forget that Hulk wasn't just along for the ride in that era, and didn't just provide star power and legitimacy and the necessary reputation to make NWO huge. He was putting in great work. Hollywood Hogan had one of the greatest looks of all time, had excellent charisma, cut great promos, etc.
>>
>>2781339
>Dude, you're a nobody.

At least he ain't Wolfcuc...

>listen to head booker at the time Kevin Sullivan podcast.

I thought that they spoke English in Newcastle.

>>2781414
>You need to listen to Kevin Sullivan. You literally have no fucking idea. Sullivan was there. You weren't.

Wolfcuc meltdown imminent
>>
>>2781417
>Owens fan
>Zayn fan
>Phil fan
How obese are you?
>>
>>2781414
>The stories of Hogan walking into TV after turning heel in baseball cap, sneakers etc. instead of bandana & cowboy boots etc. are hilarious. Nash & Hall made Hogan cool.
I'm not sure why that's hilarious. That's what Paul E did in ECW and he was considered the epitome of cool at the time
>>
>>2781429
Paul E wasn't a badass masculine heel.
>>
>>2781371
Yes. They knew each other before Hogan broke in. Hogan opened Sullivan's gym.

Sullivan just knows what Nash & Hall did for Hogan and the business and has been preaching it for 3 years on his podcast when analysing the Nitro's he booked as head booker chronologically.
>>
>>2781417

Not lying just stating facts. So as I said why are you bringing up this no dime drawing mid carder in a discussion about megastars?
>>
>>2781417
Between having average meaningful matches between 6 men who knows how to work and having athletic and impressive but ultimately meaningless and boring matches between Owens and Zayn for the 29th time, I'd choose the former
>>
>>2781431
No but he had a very cool look
>>
>>2780786
>I'm underage so the only unscripted promo I've ever seen live is important
fucking mark
>>
>>2781427
Zayn & Punk are skinny tho, isn't that why you size queens can't beat off to 'em?

>>2781434
>stating facts

Why you always lyin'?

>>2781436
>getting worked by WWE over-saturation

Also, kek at thinking '98 Giant and Nash ever knew how to work.
>>
>>2781429
Hogan went from Dungeon of Doom crap to hanging with Outsiders is few months. The transition wasn't exactly smooth. I'm not sure why you wouldn't think stories of an unhip old man in Hogan trying to learn how to be cool from Hall & Nash possibly wouldn't be funny.
>>
>>2781451
Their fans aren't.

Nash got consistent reactions every week and was massively over. In what world did he not know how to work?
>>
>>2781417

>2 L8 M8

Cringe

>Can I press 1 for English.

No you can press 2 for better taste in wrestling and some functioning brain cells.

There's nothing more pitiful than a Punk fan who thinks he was anything more than a blip on the radar.
>>
>>2781457
I bet he thinks working is how many moves someone can do!
>>
>>2781457
To new wrestling fans, being tall and not doing flips or jumps or basically any special move that wouldn't be useful in an actual fight means he doesn't know how to work
>>
>>2781457

I think he is one of those "much work rate" guys
>>
>>2781457
Dude, even Nash admits there was a point where he was probably the worst in the biz.

>>2781459
>better taste and functioning brain cells

You're clearly not using either since you think Cringe-posting is just dandy.

>>2781464
>new

Did you watch Nitro during its actual run Y / N?
>>
>>2781454
That specific example wasn't funny and I just explained why. Unless he was wearing a golf visor and nurse shoes or something. Plus at least he had the initiative to try something different already known to be cool (Paul E) and there's no telling that he wouldn't have tweaked things as time went on.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 256x192px
>>2781467
>Dude, even Nash admits there was a point where he was probably the worst in the biz.
maybe in the ring. In ring work is the least important part of wrestling in the big leagues. that's a fact.
>>
>>2781467
Yes, and I got the Network only to see it again, I'll gladly even take Russo's WCW than Owens, Zayn and Punk in a triple threat with 1000 smarks rubbing their balls in excitement
>>
File: punk2.jpg (28KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
punk2.jpg
28KB, 259x259px
>another thread devolves into furious seething abandonment issues over CM Punk
BEST
IN
THE
WORLD
>>
Hogan before Hall & Nash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pretEZVIXv4

Compare that shit to Razor & Diesel - they were cool. Imagine if Hall & Nash never left WWF in 1996.

Hogan turning heel with no Hall & Nash wouldn't have had anywhere near the success. He'd have been a cartoon heel instead of a reality based cool heel. WCW would have never took off without The Outsiders.
>>
>>2781473
>admitting you love Russo's WCW2000
>solely because it makes you the opposite of smart marks who like Owens/Zayn
Imagine being this insecure and insane and proud of having shitty pleb taste
This phrase gets thrown around a lot on 4chan, but I mean this sincerely when I say this;

You should actually kill yourself, you sound like your life is just full of misery already.
>>
>>2781474
His fans pigeonhole him into every discussion.
>>
>>2781467

Oh Please , if you had anything against cringe you wouldn't be dickriding a guy who unironically described himself as a sociopath.

Again , get better taste and don't bring that anti-draw into a discussion about actual megastars.

If you had any functioning brain cells left you would have realized Punk regardless of your opinion of him doesn't belong in this thread. His star power couldn't even surpass Cena.
>>
>>2781470
Nash wasn't a good promo either ;^)

>>2781473
>le Russo WCW meme

Sure you would, bud.

>a fictitious match

Erudite argument.
>>
>>2781487
>Oh Please ,
>Again ,

This your "functioning brain cells" at work?
>>
>>2781480
>implying Hogan was trying to be cool there
>all those other implications
Ya don't get to be as big and popular as Hogan is and not know a thing or two about a thing or two. Get a clue pal. Hogan was GOAT and perfect for every era he was popular in. Meanwhile "cool" Nash and Hall are literally who's.
>>
>>2781485
Actually the context he was first brought up in, in this thread was somebody shitting on him out of nowhere for no reason. Somebody clearly still upset and hurt that Punk left WWE, just like their Dad left them.

Most times Punk is brought up arbitrarily out of nowhere it is similar circumstances, usually by some bitter ranting psycho still seething and furious that Punk dared to move on with his life having accomplished everything eh was going to be allowed to accomplish in WWE.

It's a strange phenomenon that doesn't do anything for the perception of rabid Punk hating marks who won't let go of him.
>>
>>2781485

Yeah one idiot even desperately tried to compare him to Arnie and DiCaprio.(I am blaming that fag for starting all these Punk comments)
>>
>>2781484
>>2781489
Did (You) watch Nitro during its actual run Y / N?
>>
>>2781467
I strongly disagree that Nash was a "horrid" worker - especially in his prime. Nash knew how to hide/work around his limitations i.e. he knew how the work. He worked like a big man, you couldn't see through his stuff & he could always hold up his end of the bargain. He had good pacing & positional sense, he knew how to manipulate a crowd, he knew how structure a match keeping audiences attention throughout & build to a finish (babyface shines, heel cuts him off, couple of hope spots, comeback, go home), he knew what moves could & should be done at any particular point? in time, he could read a crowd & change a match on fly accordingly, he could tell a story in ring using psychology etc.

You can probably count on one hand performers who were the size of Nash who were better workers than him. The fact he called, carried & tamed the green & reckless Bill Goldberg to good big man matches at Starracde 1998 & Spring Stampede 1999 is a testament to how good Nash really was.

By the way, have you ever called a match on the fly in front of a live crowd in your life?
>>
>>2781499
I had a Wolfpac wallet in 1999, what do you think?

>>2781501
Wolfcuc he's never gonna fuck you alright?
>>
>>2781494
Hogan is master of self preservation. He saw Nash & Hall as chance to resurrect his career. He knew he was dead in water unless he joined them. He was smart.
>>
>>2781501
He had some great physicality and intensity. I can still picture him throwing that back elbows in the corner with the classic WCW corner camera.
>>
>>2781493

>This your functioning brain cells at work.

Putting a comma after please is a matter of emphasis . If you're going to be a grammar Nazi make sure you know your shit first.
>>
>>2781499
Yep, watched WCW 2000 as it aired week to week, and even at 11 years old I knew it was horrid stupid bullshit that would kill the company.
And look what happened then.
>>
>>2781515
Two things come to mind from your comment.

1. Nash/Hogan vs. Goldberg/Flair on Nitro in March 99. Nash's intensity is off the charts when smashing Goldberg with his trademark elbows & knees in corner.

2. Russo on his podcast recently talked about Nash being so believable with his trademark corner offense in TNA despite his advanced age.
>>
>>2781522
You don't put a space BEFORE a comma. Dummkopf.
>>
File: image.gif (747KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
747KB, 267x200px
>>2781529
>he's posting about wcw without watching 1996-98 live
jesus christ grow up junior
>>
>>2781515
>>2781538
I don't quite know if this is samefag but it's definitely fag.
>>
Hilarious how some people think Goldberg is responsible for drawing every dime WCW made in 1998. Nobody paid to see anybody else wrestle folks.
>>
>>2781551
It's not actually.

>>2781515
>>2781538 (You)
>>
>>2781509
>>2781529
Fair enough, I liked it anyways, most of the time it was decent enough and I could always watch WWF if I didn't wanted to, like when Benoit dropped the title just because and was boring as all hell then (later in life I knew that was because of Sullivan), but stuff like the 32 man tournament and The Powers That Be were great when I watched it
>>
>>2781539

So your issue isn't even grammar but formatting. Do you realize that some people might be on their fucking phones?

So this is your great indication of intelligence? No the important things like the fact you've completely failed to understand OPs question.
>>
Ah, my weekly dose of watching wolfcuck getting btfo with facts, wonderful!
>>
>>2781551
Not the same but I don't understand what is so funny.
>>
>>2781564
In retrospect the Sullivan Era is around where I tapped

>>2781567
>failed to understand OPs question.

*OP's ;^)

>formatting

nah m8 you know you're fuckin' up, take your L
>>
File: 1354129015105.jpg (44KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1354129015105.jpg
44KB, 337x450px
>>2780856, >>2780865, >>2780866, >>2780867,>>2780888, >>2780924, >>2781006
>>2781228
>>2781273
>>2781288
>>2781424
>>2781509
>>2781568
>every single one of these posts mentions wolfpac/wolfcuc
Mods, please do something about this faggot and his followers trying to get himself over. Filter the word, warn them, delete the posts, ban them, I don't care, but you gotta do something. same with the carter shit.
>>
>>2781578
OP of the post here. So not only has this thread derailed from being a discussion about dime drawers but has then devolved to Punk fans seething then further to fat neckbeards being grammar Nazis and now it's finally at formatting.

I think I got about 1 interesting answer.
>>
>>2781590
But we're mocking him.
>>
>>2781578
>In retrospect the Sullivan Era is around where I tapped

*tapped.

Sure friendo.
>>
>>2781590
You just gotta start reporting every single post that mentions him, that's what I do. Mods/jannies let things go if it doesn't bother them personally or they think people don't care, reports show you care
>>
>>2781597
Look up the Streisand effect
>>
>>2781597
No, you're acting like a child. Stop.
>>
>>2781597
and failing might I add
>>
>>2781613
You first since you clearly don't understand its basic tenet.

>>2781601
nWo Black-and-Silver, onepunchman Tank Abbott, Screamin' Norman Smiley, The Filthy Animals, Rhonda, J. Biggs, Champagne Kanyon, The Maestro...

Any more obscure turn-of-the-millennium WCW shit you want namedropped?

If only I could remember the name of that Mexican colour commentator that was pro-nWo. Anybody know this one?
>>
>>2781595
if you want interesting discussion go to squaredcircle, nothing but autists on this board
>>
>>2780689
is this pic real?
>>
>>2781618
>>2781623
>mocking Wolfcuc is "childish"
>>
>>2781633
And you think that place is any better?
>>
>>2781634
Yes.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lsfj_the-rock-stone-cold-steve-austin-vs_sport
>>
>>2781629
>Any more obscure turn-of-the-millennium WCW shit you want namedropped?
Kwiwi, The Artist, Berlyn, The Wall, Young Dragons, Mike Sanders, 3 Count
>>
I don't think Wolfcuck realizes that WCW lost the war and WWFs peak was much bigger than WCWs
>>
>>2781633

Those people in unironically voted Punk as the greatest WWE champion and seem to have even worse sense of humor.

I think this thread would've turned out fine if it didn't get infected with punk fags(worst wrestling fandom BTW) and this retarded argument about some twitter account.
>>
>>2781634

Yes and the match did happen. It's available free on YouTube.
>>
>>2781672
There are so, so many worse fandoms than Punk's.
>>
WTF!?! How is Steen(Owens) and Generico(Zayn) not the most popular answer?
>>
>>2781683

Within wrestling? In my experience no.
>>
>>2781688

That poster Lol.
>>
>>2781683
yeah like Roman Reigns fans
>>
File: 1409361604747.jpg (75KB, 867x496px) Image search: [Google]
1409361604747.jpg
75KB, 867x496px
>>2780693
>guy known for only bitching on the mic
>over
>>
>>2781595
Please you did this to yourself. When ever the nWo is mentioned in a thread wulfcuc comes here with his autism. Also pic related is my choice.

>>2781629
You know WCW 2k was complete ass. But it was so wonky that it was entertaining. At least compared to modern day wrestling.
>>
>>2781724

Reigns fans usually don't put him along the likes of Hogan , Austin and Rock.

Cuckman Phil's fans put him above them.
>>
>>2781724
Rent free
>>
>>2780689

Austin, Rock and Hogan alone have great star power. Hall and Nash don't do much to add to it.
>>
>>2784371

Yep I would say his fans are the WOAT. Worse than Cena or Roman fans.

I mean you don't see the latter ruining threads like this.
>>
>>2784538
>Hall and Nash don't do much to the star power of this match.

Two of the biggest and hottest stars of the 90's who were largely responsible for the boom the business experienced don't do much for the star power of this match?

25+
>>
>>2785075
Two of the biggest doesn't add a lot to THE three biggest, no.
>>
>>2784538
In 2002 Austin & Rock star power were on the decline. Why do you Vince McMahon think brought back the nWo in first place when everybody else in management besides Triple H was against it? because ratings were down i.e. Austin & Rock weren't fucking drawing like they used to.

Hogan's stock had fallen badly in WCW at the end. That's why Hulk who wasn't apart of original contract negotiations jumped in - he wanted the security blanket of being with Hall & Nash. When Hulk went to TNA...who did he bring with him? Scott Hall.

Scott Hall was arguably the most over guy in WCW in 2000 and he wasn't even on TV. Hall was shagging WCW president Brad Siegel's niece Emily Sherman and when they broke up Brad wouldn't allow Hall back. So Nash was campaigning for Hall to come back on live TV throughout the year. Mark Madden did the same and got fired as a result of it because he didn't have iron clad contract like Nash.

Watch Austin/Rock vs. nWo match. Steve and Dwayne are no more over than Scott & Kevin. Hogan is the most over. If Austin & Rock were so over as top babyfaces they should have got"guys without much starpower" like Hall & Nash booed out of building when they were getting heat during match, yet no such thing occurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuKrXzv_5I

"Sources claim Austin was outspoken backstage for his dislike of face-pops the nWo received when making their entrances, bringing out spray paint, & "Rocky Sucks" chants returning loud & clear in the arena's during the Rock/Hogan promo." - Dave Meltzer (Wrestling Observer - 2/28/02)

“Vince had a problem with people cheering me, & that doesn't have to be a problem because they're going to start cheering Nash & Hall even though we're the bad guys, guys like Rock & Austin have to be able handle that, sometimes that gets out of perspective, they can't handle it.” - Hulk Hogan (Off The Record with Michael Landsberg - 12/26/02)
>>
>>2785126
go outside wolfcuck
>>
>>2785113
It's 2nd and 3rd biggest WWE star vs. most popular/influential faction in history. nWo doesn't work without The Outsiders.

There is a reason why Vince brought back Hall, Nash and Hogan in 2002. Not JUST Hogan.
>>
>>2785128
Give it up faggot. I ain't going anywhere. This my house now. You're just living in it. You make yourself look like the biggest cuck ever when you make threats and nothing happens.
>>
>>2785126
Austin's starpower had faded because, unlike previous years, he got booked like how Vince wanted to instead of how Vince needed to.

P.S. kys wolfcuc
>>
>>2785126
Fans on their feet cheering nWo at the end while WWF's 2 top stars are beaten down at the end. KEK

Austin was scared to wrestle Hogan because he knew he'd get booed.
>>
File: austin auto.png (109KB, 680x564px) Image search: [Google]
austin auto.png
109KB, 680x564px
>>2785151
Austin wanted to be a heel in 2001 because he always preferred being a heel and he got his wish. And the who fuck are you trying to kid? if Austin didn't like booking in 2001 he didn't do it, or got it changed just like he did in prior years. Austin was the main draw - Rock was making movies. Vince went out of his way to suffice Austin not vice versa.

You stupid fucking moron. Don't mess with me cocksucker. I'll bury you 6 feet under.
>>
>>2785188
>Wolfcuc this mad
>>
>>2785204
>said after Wolfpack just grudge fucked your ass
>>
>>2785215
>Wolfcuc constantly bringing up gay sex acts outta nowhere

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2780742
Except you NEEDED heel Hogan for the NWO to be effective.

NWO is nothing without Hogan.
>>
>>2786376
Hulk Hogan himself, Eric Bischoff and Kevin Sullivan all disagree. Historians and anybody who has studied industry during that period would disagree also.

nWo with Hall & Nash would have worked without Hogan, it just wouldn't have been as big.

Hogan on other hand was dead in the water without Hall & Nash.
>>
Royal rumble 1992 match

Money in the bank 2014 main event
>>
File: nwo1.png (81KB, 650x617px) Image search: [Google]
nwo1.png
81KB, 650x617px
>>2786376
>nWo success
Kevin Nash and Scott Hall > Hollywood Hogan (part 1)
>>
File: nwo2.png (56KB, 637x555px) Image search: [Google]
nwo2.png
56KB, 637x555px
>>2786376
>nWo success
Kevin Nash and Scott Hall > Hollywood Hogan (part 2)
>>
>>2786432
In other words it wouldn't have literally saved the business.
>>
File: nwo3.png (527KB, 1123x1451px) Image search: [Google]
nwo3.png
527KB, 1123x1451px
>>2786376
Kevin Nash and Scott Hall > Hollywood Hogan (part 3)
>>
>>2786484
>>2786490
>>2786506
hello wolfcuck
>>
>>2786484
>>2786490

lel what hack wrote this? No one actually gave a fuck about Hall or Nash.

If you were actually 18+ and were watching back then Hogan was just as cool as drunk, goofy Hall and snoozefest Nash. If hall and Nash had been the only guys in the nwo it would have fizzled out in 5 months.
>>
>>2786511
5 months is a very generous prediction

it would have lasted 3 max
>>
File: ccc.png (72KB, 562x411px) Image search: [Google]
ccc.png
72KB, 562x411px
>>2786511
From Controversy Creates Cash by Eric Bischoff
>>
>>2786511
>>2786516
>Being this clueless
>>
File: ezgif-3-ffda03fa3a.gif (870KB, 284x214px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-3-ffda03fa3a.gif
870KB, 284x214px
>>2786510
me and Big Kev know you're a faggot who takes it up the ass. Pat Patterson told us you're apart of the cream team with Seth and Finn
>>
>>2780689
Only threads that ever get over 100 posts are kevin nash or vince russo threads

i dont even like making them anymore but youve gotta give the people what they want
>>
>>2786656
the Freddy vs. Jason thread yesterday was good but got deleted
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.