[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was incredibly self-indulgent for all three guys, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: wm28undertaker.jpg (28KB, 401x277px) Image search: [Google]
wm28undertaker.jpg
28KB, 401x277px
This was incredibly self-indulgent for all three guys, but I still liked it.
>>
The only good thing about this match was the buildup. The promos were excellent even though Shawn helped carry it since Undie and Gaytch are mediocre at best on the mic
>>
>>2765877
Taker and Haitch pretty much owe their legendary statuses to Shawn.
>>
>>2766303
A lot of guys were made by Shawn, especially Jericho
>>
>>2765866
It was cringeworthy and made me ashamed to be a fan of professional wrestling.
>>
>>2765866

The pedigree sweet chin kickout is one of the GOAT mania moments
>>
>>2766885
The cringeworthy aspects were the whole "end of an era" buildup and all 3 men walking off together.

Despite their self-indulgence, I enjoyed this match more than I should have. Based Shawn carried a match he wasn't even wrestling in.
>>
>>2765866
It probably would have been better if they hadn't had H and Michaels fight Taketty for the past 4 years. There was literally no reason to expect H to win.
>>
>>2766479

Rock made Jericho in 2001 not Shawn
>>
this match is the definition of "mandrama"
>>
>>2767748
Yeah and he was still a midcarder in 01 that no one took seriously
>>
>>2767741

>There was literally no reason to expect H to win.

Actually, if at any time I felt Understreaker was threatened was then, considering Triple H's ways in the past.
>>
>>2767889
>Haytch has an obsession with going over at big events
>loses all three times to Undertaker

he must really respect Taker to keep his burying ways in check.
>>
>>2767892

2bh he has changed in that regard. Lost to Taker thee times and then Bryan, and Seth etc.
But back then when the Taker matches were happening he hadn't transitioned to the current stage where his ego is channeled in establishing him as a promoting genius, so it was still very likely he'd have put himself over. Look at the match vs CM Punk in 2011.
>>
>>2767895
it probably coincided with his transition into his back state role and his involvement with NXT.
>>
>>2767741
Yes there was, Taker had nearly lost to HHH the year before (had to be carried out on the back of the medical ATV), and this time his best friend, who was retired by Taker a couple years prior, was the ref. Also the whole "end of an era" thing being pushed while HHH was much younger than Taker.
>>
>>2765866
Why did they pretend that the WM X-7 match never happened?
>>
>>2767077
>Based Shawn carried a match he wasn't even wrestling in.

His shitty overacting is part of why the match sucks.
>>
My favourite match of all time. Literally perfect. I don't think anything in wrestling will truly grasp me again quite like Undertaker defending his streak at Wrestlemania.
>not even joking. Feels bad man :(
>>
>>2768385
This. When I watch wrestling I never really care who wins, most of the time. I just enjoy it for what it is; sometimes I'm slightly disappointed, or slightly glad, but I'm almost never invested in the match.

It was different for Taker matches, especially his WM matches. I was always extremely invested in the outcome, genuinely scared that he might lose, super glad and relieved when he won, and totally shocked and heartbroken when he finally was defeated. And then that started again after the loss.
>>
>>2768365
Because it sucked.
>>2768381
Yeah, Shawn is my favorite but the end of his career was horrible, and the second run is massively overrated.
>>
>>2767077
Yeah I've never seen the buildup, just the match itself on the Network.

All the "STAY DOWN" "YOU ASK HIM", Shawn's overacting, and HHH doing the Suck It to Taker at the very end, is like. It's corny. It's mandrama. It's self-indulgent as fuck. But I still like it.
>>
>>2767895
>>2767896
HHH has gotten a lot better about this the last few years but he still went over Sting. That one will just never ever make sense to me.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.