[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been watching Cesaro's Clash Royale Videos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So I've been watching Cesaro's Clash Royale Videos. Here's the latest he uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFSnPGwz-lg

What really stands out to me is that he always shows some semblance of charisma and a personality. How come he can never show this off on TV?
>>
>>2763271
>guy does something he enjoys while speaking in his own voice sounds normal and interesting
>guy is forced to perform an overly scripted awful segment on live tv and it feels awkward
>>
>>2763280
This basically.

His "shoot" promo after the draft showed a bit of personality unlike his usual deadpan delivery. I like to think of it like the uncanny valley of spoken word. If you don't believe in what you're saying it's easy for an audience to pick apart.
>>
>>2763280
I feel like this is just an extra bit worse for Cesaro because he's ESL (or fuckin' ETL or EFL, I dunno), so he doesn't think in English. Everything already sounds fake but with him it just goes through an extra layer which makes it sounds more unnatural.

And this leads to a situation where people will say, oh, gee, he can't make this scripted garbage sound good, he's not charismatic and they actually believe it.
>>
>>2763284
>His "shoot" promo after the draft showed a bit of personality unlike his usual deadpan delivery.
Yeah, this is true. Here's the video for those who haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dV_z4Vy0xQ

It's not great, but it's a lot better than what he usually does. I'm surprised they haven't given him more chances to speak with a minimal script. It doesn't work for everyone (Kalisto for example was a disaster) but it would probably help Cesaro.
>>
>>2763339
Y'know, Kalisto had a bad flub, but there's two things to consider:
1) It got attention on him. People thought "Good Lucha Thing" was funny. They coulda done something with that. People were noticing Kalisto and they coulda tried to parlay them noticing him for a joke reason into them noticing him because he's very good at his job.
2) Yeah it was a flub, but when you're always doing scripts, that's gonna happen. The only way you'll get better is with practice. You don't shy away from it, you go back at it and get better.
>>
>>2763271
>How come he can never show this off on TV?

Probably for the same reasons pretty much no babyface in the WWE can (and yes I know he is a heel now).
>>
>>2763350
Kalisto was given a chance last year (or two years ago) after that insane spot in the tag team TLC, but he never got over when he had the US Title. Cesaro is different. He's been able to get over by himself a few times but they always manage to fuck it up for him. The most notable example is when they paired him with Heyman after winning the Andre Battle Royal.
>>
>>2763271
>How come he can never show this off on TV?
He has to follow poorly written scripts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.