[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Summerslam 1999 >Mankind beats Steve Austin and HHH to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (156KB, 250x282px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
156KB, 250x282px
>Summerslam 1999
>Mankind beats Steve Austin and HHH to become champion

>Raw after Summerslam
>Triple H beats Mankind with Shane as ref to become champion

>Smackdown three weeks later
>Vince McMahon beats Triple H with Shane as ref, after HHH calls him out for a goof

>Next Raw
>Vince Vacates the title because he had been barred from official WWF business by Steve Austin at Fully Loaded: In Your House two months earlier

>Unforgiven 1999
>Triple H beats Mankind, Kane, Rock, Big Show and Bulldog in 6-pack challenge with Austin as ref

From the start of Summerslam to the end of Unforgiven, we had 4 champions and a vacancy. More memorable moments happened during these 5 weeks, than happened in Wyatt or Orton's seven week reigns.

Why is modern WWE so slow and plodding
>>
They don't progress plots or do anything special outside PPVs anymore.

Their entire booking process is now based ENTIRELY around PPVs in hopes of getting people to buy the WWE Network so they'll see what happens.
>>
Okay but

>Raw after Summerslam
>Triple H beats Mankind with Shane as ref to become champion

>Smackdown three weeks later
>Vince McMahon beats Triple H with Shane as ref, after HHH calls him out for a goof

These are kinda bad. In fact that whole thing is just a weird circuitous string of hotshots to get the title on Triple H. Twice.
>>
>>2761744
Austin refused to put over Gaytch. Mankind was usually inserted in to either win or get the fall.
>>
>>2761747
I get that, but even then
1) Even if he was a belt pillow, they coulda waited more than ONE NIGHT to beat Mankind.
2) There's still like two or three unnecessary steps in there that just ping the belt around for the sake of pinging it around.
>>
>>2761769
Well the simplest explanation was that title changes always resulted in bigger ratings. Which is why WCW had like 22 in 2000. Why WWE felt to do it in 1999 when WCW was no longer a threat, I dunno.
>>
>>2761601
Was Russo still booking when Vince became WWF champion? I wonder if he was behind that.

I've heard conflicting rumours whether or not he was involved in booking the main event scene
>>
>>2761601
e-drones have became shit eaters
>>
>>2762435
S E E T H I N G
>>
When was the last time the Title changed hands on a regular show?
>>
>>2761611
Unfortunately this. Some guy doesn't like some guy so they fight at a bi weekly ppv... repeat. No real stories just guy vs guy.
>>
>>2761802

He left for WCW in 1999, I think in the summer.
>>
>>2761611
>Their entire booking process is now based ENTIRELY around PPVs in hopes of getting people to buy the WWE Network so they'll see what happens.
Except NOTHING happens at PPVs either!! They are all glorified RAWs and are just filler until Wrestlemania.

So no, their entire booking process is based ENTIREY around ONE SHOW in hopes to getting people to buy the WWE Network to trick the stock holders and advertisers.
>>
>>2762650
Wasn't it the time Sheamus cashed in on Roman? Or I'm wrong.
>>
>>2762800
No

It was the night after TLC when Roman beat Sheamus, I think Vince was guest ref or something
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.