[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can only Cruiserweights and women win with submissions nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: HOptgJs.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
HOptgJs.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Why can only Cruiserweights and women win with submissions nowadays? What happened to the prestige of the submission?
>>
Vince is too pussy to have his big stars tap out to anybody
>>
Brock will submit to Joe at GBOF
>>
>>2760817
Is Rusev the only (fully grown) male with a submission finisher in WWE?
>>
>>2760817
Remember when a babyface Haitch jobbed to Lesnar via Kimura lock? The crowd immediately chanted YOU TAPPED OUT and made Haitch look stupid

They don't want a repeat of that so they don't let their top tier guys tap
>>
>>2760829
Miz used to do the figure four and Cena had the STF but I couldn't tell ya the last time they won a match with them.
>>
>>2760829
Joe
>>
>>2760837
>fully grown
K E K
>>
Neville is great but honestly he should have dropped the belt to Aries, that payoff was the only hope I had for cruiserweights. Now that that's over.... Give Mustafa Ali a chance PLEASE he's my fav flipfag
>>
>>2760834
Hhh has tapped out 2 or 3 times in his career
>>
>>2760836
>STF
Kevin Owens
>Miz's attempt at figure four leglock
did he ever beat anyone with it?
>>
>>2760836

Cena won that match where Rollins broke his nose with the STF. That might honestly be the last televised match he won with it.
>>
>>2760817
I think part of it is Vince only likes submissions where you can see the face of both wrestlers, which rules out a lot of holds. It's why Bryan had to start using the LaBell Lock instead of Cattle Mutilation.

But also part of it is guys sitting in a submission hold for an extended people of time just doesn't fit into the WWE style, where technical wrestling and grappling are almost non-existent.
>>
File: lince.jpg (48KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
lince.jpg
48KB, 900x506px
>>2760842
sry but catboy is getting the strap
>>
Technically speaking every move is a submission move. A person could tap after taking any move.
>>
>>2760842
KENTA is gonna kick that fucking hobbit's head clean off his shoulders in a few weeks
>>
File: 1495333985827.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495333985827.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>2760848
>no Lince
>no Metalik
>no Kalisto
When will 205 Live become /agoodluchathing/
>>
>>2760887
>>2760848
>Implying Finn isn't going to win it after failing to get the Universal title, ending Neville's streak.
>>
>>2760817
Submissions just aren't flashy enough for Vince or the writers/bookers, simple as. Probably one of the reasons you rarely see anyone try to actually end a match with a submission after targetting a bodypart all match too.
>>
So few people tap out, especially faces, that if someone taps out, they instantly become a subject of ridicule, i.e. YOU TAPPED OUT chants. It's a self-perpetuating cycle.
>>
>>2760817

Because crowds are dumb as fuck and immediately treat any submission as a LOLOLOL SO WEAK YOU TAPPED OUT thing to react to and chant.

So the bookers avoid doing it.

Which in doing so kinda only makes it worse by making them rare and humiliating things when they really shouldn't be.

Note that the Cruiserweights and Women's divisions don't get "YOU TAPPED OUT" anywhere near as bad, because they use them often enough to defeat it.
>>
>>2760841
Rusev is a manlet too you know
>>
File: Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 22-4.jpg (27KB, 610x335px) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 22-4.jpg
27KB, 610x335px
Kendrick's Captain's Hook is the God-tier cruiserweight submission. Rings of Saturn a shit. Last Chancery a shit. Kneebar a shit.
>>
>>2761035

Captain's Hook is minimal and great.

Last Chancery is good, although the bridge makes it focus on flashiness rather than intensity. My problem with Rings of Saturn (and Cattle Mutilation and a lot of other submissions) was that you couldn't really have the guy tap out, which really takes away from the feel of the move.

Now that Undercarder's gone, someone should take up the Gogoplata.
>>
>>2760825
It was supposed to be bad blood, but they decided on this shitty name instead.
>>
>>2760825
Brock will never submit again
>>
File: Goober_Knows.png (118KB, 800x996px) Image search: [Google]
Goober_Knows.png
118KB, 800x996px
>tapped out
>still a draw and GOAT
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.