[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do they send belts to people who don't give two shits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: hhhh.png (447KB, 578x489px) Image search: [Google]
hhhh.png
447KB, 578x489px
why do they send belts to people who don't give two shits about the company?
>>
File: 1474462284838.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474462284838.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>2760555
The E! does this to stay relevant in pop culture

lmfao
>>
idk, but it seems the Big Gold is the belt people most associate with wrestling, from what I've seen anyways. Granted, I do live in the South.
>>
File: johnterry.jpg (52KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
johnterry.jpg
52KB, 620x414px
The actual athletes dont watch but alot if not almost all their kids do
>>
>>2760555
> "who the fuck are these carnies who want to send me a wrestling belt?"
>>
Anyone else cringe at this shit? These organizations probably laugh at this.
>>
File: josemou.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
josemou.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>2760566
also
>>
low cost low effort marketing. note the giant ass WWE logo on it.

if I were an actual athlete I'd Alundra Blayze that shit on TV and throw up a CERO MIEDO
>>
>>2760568
Most of them use it lebron and gronk come to mind as people who were like fuck yea! When they got the team belt
>>
>>2760556
Wrestling is and will be relevant in pop culture, see people like Hulk Hogan and John Cena

>Meanwhile in Japan
プロレスNG
>>
>>2760555

Low effort to get your name out there and build relationships with the teams who operate the buildings where your shows take place.
>>
>>2760555
I imagine a replica belt is a cumbersome thing to have lying around

Imagine having to carry that around all day.
>>
WWE Championship must be the number one belt if that is the one they are shilling. Guess a jobber is their main champion.
>>
>>2760555
Desperation. Hoping someone will say something nice about the belt and desperately hoping pictures of the belt make it into local newspapers or ESPN.

Just plain desperation. Same reason they have those "LOOK AT HOW MANY SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS WE HAVE COMPARED TO REAL SPORTS" bumpers they put on Raw or Smackdown.
>>
>>2760732
Social Media numbers are the only thing they can look at and spin a positive at. But there's going to come a time where USA says "We don't give a shit about how many twitter followers you have, why are the ratings down 30+% since we signed our deal in 2014? Why are we paying you more each year when ratings are snowballing downwards?"
>>
Reminds that WWE's social media numbers are also fake as confirmed by Meltz. Can't believe a word this dying company says.
>>
>>2760555
So that they can try to get free publicity from showing pictures and video of more relevant sports stars holding up their belts. Those replicas probably cost a couple grand to make, but if just one member of a championship team puts out a pic on social media, all of the die hard fans of that team are going to see it, and it may even get on national news if they have it during the victory parade.

Great relatively cheap exposure.
>>
>>2760732
>those "LOOK AT HOW MANY SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS WE HAVE COMPARED TO REAL SPORTS" bumpers they put on Raw or Smackdown.

I never understood that or the "Look at our ratings from last week or this PPV!". Who gives a shit. The fans are already watching, so it's like preaching to a choir.
>>
>>2760732
>>2760745
ITT: USA Network execs...... fuck the fuck off smarks
>>
>>2760799
>fuck the fuck off smarks

What did faggot mean by this?
>>
>>2760555
>they send the world championship not the universal one
the state of the period belt
>>
Top hopefully get those people to give a shit about the company.
>>
But they didn´t send a title to Real Madrid xD
>>
>>
>>2760555
They want to pretend they are in the mainstream when clearly they are not. WWE is at the same level of popularity as some random kids show.
>>
>>2760555
It's such a cheap piece of crap to make anyways, they don't care
>>
File: CwbYZraWEAE-zpv.jpg-large.jpg (520KB, 2048x1393px) Image search: [Google]
CwbYZraWEAE-zpv.jpg-large.jpg
520KB, 2048x1393px
>>2760555
Because of the exposure!
>>
>>2760585
You mean sports "entertainment."
>>
>>2760555
I bet they're stoked LeBron didn't win after making Carder look like a giant bitch.
>>
>>2760555
exposure. These belts cost WWE practically nothing and if a star athlete is seen on TV holding a belt with a huge WWE logo on it that's free publicity
>>
>>2760748
Dave lies for clicks and is a chink loving Jew
>>
>>2760555
>wanna-be entertainment company sends toy belts to mainstream athletes

cringe
>>
>>2761221
"""sports""" "entertainment" is more like it
>>
>>2760821
I think he meant to say, fuck off
>>
Why would all these sports teams want to hold a belt with a big WW on it?

Fuck negro they should send one to Wonder Woman.
>>
Stop devaluing the title! Must be only worn by wrestling greats like Jinder, Bray and JBL
>>
The belt means nothing now that there are atleast 10 bearded fat guys in Hugger shirts holding them in the crowd every Raw
>>
>>2761650
>>2761684
this. everyone getting a title makes it worthless
>>
>>2760555
It was cool to have the World Heavyweight Championship, but nobody wants a belt with a giant WWE logo on it.
>>
>>2761730
that's the real reason they got rid of Big Gold- makes it easier for them to market and advertise their brand
>>
>>2760555
>have a bunch of ex football players on your roster
>"dude why do they make belts for the NFL?"
>>
>>2760555

The athletes like it

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5v7vxg/kn0thing_said_you_all_wanted_to_see_the_belt/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=browse&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=SquaredCircle
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.