[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is parkour the most autistic sport out there? Is it even a sport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 2

File: parkour5.jpg (91KB, 1087x744px) Image search: [Google]
parkour5.jpg
91KB, 1087x744px
Is parkour the most autistic sport out there?

Is it even a sport?

Legit questions here. I used to do parkour as a kid and would like to get back to it but I'm a grown man now.
>>
>>2759370
Parkour has no scores.

Therefore it's not a sport.
>>
>>2759370
I don't know why any of your questions would keep you from doing it again.
>>
>>2759370
>>2759398
>Parkour has no scores.
Is what someone says when they don't know shit about Parkour/Free-running/Tricking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGSzcCU5pC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtot7m0tuSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY4GX4keYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsKTjVR_Jw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msg1Wc-MjH8
>>
>>2759370
HEMA is the most autistic. Parkour is up there, though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMppD-bUNWo
>>
>>2759370
>but I'm a grown man now.
We're all children, no matter how old. We never fully mature, but we die.

Hopefully, the children we leave behind end up more mature than us, and their children become more mature than them.
>>
>>2759370
I always thought parkour was for fags honestly
>>
>>2761149
Parkour, by philosophy, is AGAINST competition. Those people in competitions have no idea what Parkour is all about.
>>
>>2762979
what?
>>
>>2763970
Parkour is a non-competitive discipline and holding competitions for it goes against some of it's most basic principles.
>>
>>2764158
>non-competitive discipline

According to whom?
>>
>>2764966
According to David Belle, the founder of the discipline.

>#1. What is Parkour
Contrary to still commonly used although inaccurate definitions, Parkour, by definition, is a training method founded by David Belle that is most commonly characterized by overcoming obstacles in the natural and urban environments. It is also a non-competitive discipline meaning that practitioners do not compete against each other in the traditional competition sense of having an objective such that the first person to the finish line or the person/team with the most points at the end wins etc. David has said many times that in Parkour you compete against yourself. It’s you and the obstacle. This is not in debate in any Parkour circles that I know of.
>>
>>2765320
kek btfo that lil cocky prick
>>
>>2759370
i'm pretty sure pro-wrestling is the most autistic sport there is
>>
>>2765320
This 2bh. Parkour is getting monetized of course
>>
>>2761167

Lol

>sits on fat ass
>watches pro wrestling with other fat friends
>calls other people autistic

are you retarded?
>>
>>2765766
seconding this as a pro-wrestling fan.
>>
>>2765320
>According to David Belle, the founder of the discipline.

>It is also a non-competitive discipline meaning that practitioners do not compete against each other in the traditional competition sense of having an objective such that the first person to the finish line or the person/team with the most points at the end wins etc.
>non-competitive discipline
No such thing exists.

People in all disciplines, be it cooking, ballet, baseball, golf, sketching, violin playing, acting, karate, can choose to not be competition, but anyone in any discipline can chose to compete against themselves or each other. You can't just say this isn't a competition discipline, because people can and will compete in it anyway.
>>
>>2765766
>>2767644
pro-wrestling isn't a sport.

Just because.
>>
>>2765320
That sounds like the same bs any mcdojo would tell to their students about why they don't spar.
>>
>>2769286
Parkour techniques can be used to navigate obstacles in a competitive environment, but that competition itself is not parkour, and that does not make parkour competitive. Parkour is not just a set of techniques, but an entire philosophy of expression and movement. I don't even practice it and I can understand this simple concept from reading the published literature.
>>
>>2776731
Fuck wrasling
>>
>>2759370
>Legit questions here. I used to do parkour as a kid and would like to get back to it but I'm a grown man now

So what? It's even better when you hit your mid-30's. Think of the cardio

Is it even a sport?
It would qualify as an Alternative Sport if that is your concern ignoring >>2765320
>>
parkour is fine

free running is the completely stupid flippy shit version of it
>>
>>2759370
Explain why do you think parkour is autistic?
>>
>>2762619
why?
>>
>>2759370
You mean artistic*
>>
parker is srs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi0jpywPmR0
>>
>>2759370
it's for autistic faggots ,which is right up this board's alley.
>>
>>2782635
No, is not.
>>
>>2776731
Football techniques can be used to navigate footballs into goals in a competitive environment, but that competition itself is not football, and that does not make football competitive. Judo techniques can be used to ippon people in a competitive environment, but that competition itself is not Judo, and that does not make Judo competitive. Soccer techniques can be used to navigate soccer balls in to goals in a competitive environment, but that competition itself is not soccer, and that does not make soccer competitive. Boxing techniques can be used to punch people in a competitive environment, but that competition itself is not Boxing, and that does not make Boxing competition. MMA techniques can be used to defeat people in Ultimate Fighting Championships in a competitive environment, but that competition itself is not MM, and that does not make MMA competitive.
>>
>>2784549
You CAN use football, judo, soccer, boxing and MMA techniques in an environment without practicing the sport per se. I don't know why you tripping like that.
>>
>>2784721
You're starting to sound like those grappler guys who believe not training BJJ doesn't mean you can't use BJJ on the street. In other words, as long as you win the fight by grappling, you were using BJJ.
>>
>>2784721
>I don't know why you tripping like that.
>implying
>>
>>2785213
Of course not. You didn't understand, that was my whole point: if he's using grappling techniques on the street, he's NOT practicing BJJ, even though some of the grappling techniques are used in BJJ as well. Same thing with parkour: a person can use parkour techniques to navigate obstacles in a competitive environment but that won't be parkour because parkour is not competitive. It could be freerunning or some other shit. MMA also uses BJJ techniques but MMA is not BJJ.
>>
I used to set fire to myself and jump off my friends roof into his pool as a kid.
Does that count as parkour?
>>
>>2786532
Sounds more like Tricking.
>>
>>2786532
You're a daredevil. Should work in movies.
>>
>>2786585
Or in professional wrestling.
>>
>>2759370
It's autistic if you incorporate flippy shit to your moveset. I stopped hanging out with a group because gymnasts started showing up and just did flips off crap.
>>
>>2775211
Because it is.

Jigoro kano insisted that judo was about improving yourself so you could improve society. He still encouraged competition as a part of the training. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>2786648
I know, right?!
>>
>>2782628
lads please watch this video it's the best thing you'll see all day
>>
>>2786628
>imagine being this insecure
>>
>>2782628
>bongistani humor
>acting like a cunt and sperging out in broad daylight
>>
>>2788900
>>broad daylight
Also at night.
>>
>>2788608
I don't want, and I won't.
>>
>>2788608
It's pretty shitty tbqh.

>>2790595
Best thing you do, anon.
>>
>>2790781
Just what I was expecting.
>>
You know what grinds my gears? When people in movies are in chase scenes and it's important to get away efficiently, and then then do Freerunning instead of Parkour.
>>
>>2767602
Doesnt know shite about the people he's insulting. I think that anon might've pushed some buttons there foggin kek
>>
>>2759370
its literally
>whitebois cant compete in anything so they make running and jumping a sport
>>
>>2793452
Salty cause you can't do some of those jumps. lel
>>
Everything on this board is for autists, that's why it's called /asp/
>>
>>2793459
No, it isn't. It looks this way because the wrasling faggots, but that's it.
>>
>>2793452
The French are just good at running away.
>>
>>2795280
>Le french are cowards meme
>>
>>2782635
Parkour is nowhere near the level of autistic that pro wrestling is. But it is still a faggy sport.
>>
>>2786532
See
>>2786539
And
>>2786589
You could go far kid.
>>
>>2793452
Uncoordinated nigger detected
>>
File: parkour.png (103KB, 619x333px) Image search: [Google]
parkour.png
103KB, 619x333px
Parkour is life.
>>
>>2797595
Parkour is life
>>
>>2762979
Maybe Parkour is changing
>>
>>2762979
So are gymnastics.
Fuck off, retard. Anything can be competitive.
>>
>>2799256
>>2799337
You two are idiots and probably americans. Not evety aport needs to be commercialized. Parkour was classless for years and this ruins the whole thing
>>
>>2799441
>Not evety aport needs to be commercialized
Every sport can be commercialized, tho. And that's beside the point, because every sport can be used as a competitive one.
>>
>>2776731
If people are competing using parkour, it is still parkour. Just because it was originally 'created' without the intentions of competing doesn't mean what is used in competitions isn't parkour. Kind of like skateboarding.
>>
>>2799477
You dont understand fitness or empathy
>>
>>2799520
I don't give a fuck, really. Different people do things for different reasons.
>>
>>2799058
Parkour is love
>>
>>2762979
>sports can't become competition because the creator said so

Even if that made sense it would be fucking stupid.
>>
>>2799539
What do you give a fuck about?
>>
>>2800521
I don't really know anymore, tbqh.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.