[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Al Snow says he hates the wrestling fans because they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: WOqq2E8.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
WOqq2E8.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
Al Snow says he hates the wrestling fans because they don't know shit about the business. They hear all the behind the scenes stuff but they've never worked in the business, they've never been part of it so all they can do is form half arsed opinions.

Who's fault is this? It seems all the older guys are upset that kafabe is dead and yet they're all doing podcasts. How can you blame your audience for discovering the truth when you're being paid to tell them exactly what you're supposed to be covering for?

At this point it seems like podcasts are the most successful branch of wrestling left. Instead of watching lady boys do flippy shit it's far more entertaining to listen to vets talk about behind the scenes. The main show is no longer in the ring but is behind the scenes 30 years ago now.
>>
All of the old vets need to realize something. The "business" isn't fucking rocket science.
>>
Actually, Al Snoe hates the fans because he was a career midcarder. I also found it funny when he said instead of asking Meltzer questions about 'le business' fans should ask Bruno Sammartino.
>>
Hope that Al Snow's never complained about food served to him before.

After all, he's not a cook. He doesn't know anything about the quality of food.
>>
>Thinks Hogan vs Andre was the best match at WM3
>In reality it was Steamboat vs Savage by a mile
>Is butthurt every time somebody brings it up
>>
>>2740607
Andre and Hogan drew the money and had a lot of story behind it. It ensured the continuation of the Wrestlemania event and millions of dollars for future wrestlers who were probably not even born at the time.
>>
>>2740615
Savage & Steamboat had a better story than Hogan & Andre
>>
>>2740615
That doesn't mean it was a better match. It means it drew better but generating more money does not mean better product.
>>
>>2740554
I mean I'm sure there's intricacies that aren't apparent, even to the people that read dirtsheets but when most guys talk about "the business", it just comes off like they're talkin' about archaic unwritten rules carny bullshit.
>>
>>2740603

Why the fuck are you people only capable of food analogies?
>>
>>2740603
Hope he's never said a movie sucked either, 'cause that's about a billion times more multifaceted than wrestling.
>>
>guy used a mannequin head to get over after years of failure
>Fans don't understand the business

Fans make or break the business.
>>
File: image.png (84KB, 327x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84KB, 327x315px
>>2740670
Cause we're fat
>>
> Has been compensates for his career being an abject failure by turning on the hardcore audience who are the sole reason why indie promotions exists anymore and he can afford his steroids

No wonder he never aspired to anything.
>>
>>2740670
It's the simplest and easiest one.
>>
Fucking carnies getting mad we know the games are rigged. They need to calm the fuck down and be glad people still find this entertaining.
>>
Why is it always these literal who's who bring this shit up?
>>
>>2740679
We dont have to understand the business. WE ARE the Business
>>
>>2740825
Al Snow was big in the attitude era and went on to be one of the WWE's head trainers. If he's a literal who then you're a kid who missed wrestlings prime.

>>2740832
You're the mark not the business. That's different.
>>
>>2740806

This. The older wrestlers are such big fucking marks. Al Snow and Mr. Ass think they are currently relevant in any wrestling discussion.
>>
>>2740615
Savage and Steamboat had a better build that had a better match to boot. The idea of Hogan vs Andre certainly drew money, the actual match didn't. Vince and Hogan had to go back and fetishize the body slam for people to remember it whereas the the crowd on hand was going apeshit for the Savage and Steamboat match.
>>
>>2741283
>Al Snow was big in The Attitude Era

He was a popular midcarder at best, never even hit Too Cool level.
>>
>>2741291
Upper mid carder sure but that doesn't mean he wasn't popular and didn't draw people in. How many no bodies are in the attitude era? I mean Owen Heart tried to be top draw and then just vanished. No one even remembers him now
>>
>>2741296
>Al Snow
>upper midcarder

kek he was literally in the fucking JOB Squad
>>
>>2741296
>upper midcarder
I don't think you know what that means
he was lucky to be booked on sunday night heat
>>
>>2740541
lookin real jacked baby
>>
>>2740541
>literally a janttey in a tag team with Marty Janetty
>thinks his opinion carries any weight.
>my sides when
>>
>>2741289
>Implying people give a shit about a midcard match

If you can't draw your matches aren't good smark
>>
>>2741325
18+
People actually did give a shit if you watched the match.
>>
File: 1495838447340.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1495838447340.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>2740541
>roided up, senile never-was bitching because people have quickly figured out his little carny "business" horse shit

lmao at this impotent old faggot throwing a bitch fit as if anyone with more than half a brain cares what this jobber thinks.

also lmao at OP for being an actual retard who cares what this impotent old faggot thinks.
>>
>>2740541
>At this point it seems like podcasts are the most successful branch of wrestling left. Instead of watching lady boys do flippy shit it's far more entertaining to listen to vets talk about behind the scenes. The main show is no longer in the ring but is behind the scenes 30 years ago now.
Just fuck off. The biggest problem with /asp/ is all these gay anti-smark threads about retired/dead fuckers all the time.
>>
I don't think you guys get what snow argues against. He's not waxing poetic about kayfabe like a wrestling cornette. He has a shoot interview praising the dick spot that joey ryan does. kayfabe was on it's very last legs in the attitude era anyway. What he is promoting is the idea that fans arbitrary opinion on matches doesn't always coincide to what makes money. Beyond that, you can't go to a dave meltzer training school, it doesn't exist. Neither does the smark training school. You shouldn't be using their opinions to tweak your style because the majority of the time they don't fully understand the current process to what goes into a match.
>>
>>2740615
Andre and Hogan drew people to watch, but Steamboat and Savage is what made people keep watching. It was the most entertaining part of the show. People won't follow wrestling just for hype.

This has been the way things have worked for many years. The midcard almost always has the best match, while the main events are the draw using established names from yesterday's midcard after they became hyped up. It's a cycle. To call one more important than the other is foolish.
>>
>>2741521
>People won't follow wrestling just for hype.
Why not? They follow MMA and boxing just for the hype.
>>
If Al Snow looked like this 20 years ago he might have drawn a dime.
>>
>>2741527
>They follow MMA and boxing just for the hype.
Not exactly. There is always the hope for a good fight and the promoters try to ensure there will be at least one good bout on the card. Sometimes it is the main event, and sometimes it is not.

Of course, hype is also necessary. See heavyweight boxing over the last 15 years where it has lost almost all cultural relevance because of the lack of hype.
>>
>>2741527
>They follow MMA and boxing just for the hype.
No, they follow it for the gambling.
>>
>>2741296
>I mean Owen Heart tried to be top draw and then just vanished.
Yeah, it's like he fell off the face of the Earth or something...
>>
>>2741547
Not with that weird burnt out old man face he's had his entire career.
>>
>>2741571
>There is always the hope for a good fight
Yea, explain the Mike Tyson era than. All his matches lasted two minutes and he was the big draw. No one was hoping for a good fight.
>>
File: al-snow-BIG.jpg?itok=XHIvB3Gj.jpg (55KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
al-snow-BIG.jpg?itok=XHIvB3Gj.jpg
55KB, 1284x722px
"SAY SAVAGE STEAMBOAT WAS BETTER, SAY IT TO MY FACE! I DARE YOU!"
>>
>>2741283
Sup Al
>>
>>2740670
Why don't you have an actual retort
>>
>>2741752
People were really pissed off about that. The PPV companies even advertised next time there would be a refund if the fight ended in the first round.
>>
File: Brass ring.jpg (68KB, 527x453px) Image search: [Google]
Brass ring.jpg
68KB, 527x453px
>>2740541
Ok here's the paradox with the internet age, smart fans, and kayfabe.
The internet, social media and smart devices have changed many things and one of the natural outcomes of the free flow of information was always going to be that fans of the carnie show that is professional wresting were going to discover its "secret".

So what does wrestling do about this? The answer is absolutely nothing. The correct course of action is to completely and to a farcical level pretend that everyone is a full mark and that kayfabe is 100% alive and well. Smart fans don't actually want to be pandered to they actually just want a competent entertaining wrestling product. When you know the secret all of the fun comes from seeing it done right. Smarks want to say "that was good and I know why it was good/he's a great heel (or) that was a great feud" The fact that anyone still watches after they know its fake says that they like it for what it is and want to pretend. (Its still real to me dammit)
>>
File: Head_Cheese.png (188KB, 638x450px) Image search: [Google]
Head_Cheese.png
188KB, 638x450px
Wrestlemania III...
Who had the best match at Wrestlemania?
>Savage and...
NO THEY DIDN'T YOU DUMB SHIT!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRpSoSLOR_A
>>
>>2740541
>Instead of watching lady boys do flippy shit it's far more entertaining to listen to vets talk about behind the scenes.

This. I didn't watch any wrestling for over 8 years until WM33. I liked the show, but I just can't watch RAW or Smackdown. So I just watch some of the PPV's, old Nitros and WCW stuff on the Network, and listen to stuff like Prichard's podcast.
>>
File: Brother_Love.jpg (69KB, 550x729px) Image search: [Google]
Brother_Love.jpg
69KB, 550x729px
>>2741981
Brother, posterrrrr!
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
>>
>>2741938
holy shit he is so bitter.
> muh wrasslin bizniz
comedy jobber needs to get over himself. All these old vets are salty that the fans aren't retarded rednecks who think it's real anymore
>>
>>2741930
Couldn't have said it better
GG anon
>>
>>2742002
And he is wearing a Job Squad shirt.
>>
>>2740603
Would he even consider what the restaurant was trying to accomplish before he'd start mouthing off? So much for a smart eater.
>>
>>2740615
This is why I can't take what Al says seriously.

I get where's he's coming from, don't get me wrong. He says they are the best matches because they drew the most, and that's all that matters.

A match though can be good or even great on its own terms. And what Al refuses to acknowledge is that if you have constant stinkers, even at the highest drawing level, guess what happens? Those type of matches don't draw any more, because people don't want to be fed shit. Quality absolutely does matter.

I guess as a wrestling fan, every match doesn't have to be great. If you even watch a few decent matches, that can make you feel like you watched an overall worthwhile card, but it's got to have some quality.

To say match quality has absolutely no value at all though, is just fucking horse shit.
>>
>>2742029
>i'm sick to fucking death of all these smart patrons! They're ruining the restaurant industry.

>They spend all day banging away behind a keyboard on yelp and have never even made a souffle

>These kissless virgins are too busy trying to get themselves over by making a scene and working themselves into a shoot by asking the chef to reheat their steak when its delivered cold

>listen, we're gonna put extra cayenne pepper on everything even if you didn't order it and you can complain and your eyes can water and you can get sick in the bathroom and have to call off work tomorrow but you know what i say to that? See you next week.
>>
>>2742052
To echo this, the Macho Man/Steamboat match built him up to be a worthy opponent to face Hogan, and their match out drew Hogan vs Andre so it wound up making more dimes because of that match.

Snow can't analyze things in a bubble in total isolation.
>>
>>2741938
Wow he really comes off as an abrasive asshole here
>>
>>2740669
This! The business excuse makes sense from bookers and people running the show.
>>
>>2741296
>Al Snow
>Upper mid carder

Yea this just confirms you weren't there. 18+
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.