[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>his gimmick is his entrance >his gimmick is he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: shinsuke-nakamura.jpg (37KB, 595x339px) Image search: [Google]
shinsuke-nakamura.jpg
37KB, 595x339px
>his gimmick is his entrance
>his gimmick is he's a good wrestler
Name one Indy darling / NXT call up that this doesn't apply to
>>
velveteen dream's gimmick is prince
>>
>>2715060
owens? enzo and cass?

not gonna lie im struggling here

also their names are all boring as fuck
>>
File: C-EFJGMW0AAeamJ.jpg (123KB, 1080x1067px) Image search: [Google]
C-EFJGMW0AAeamJ.jpg
123KB, 1080x1067px
>>2715060
>>
>>2715060
AJ Styles
>>
>>2715072
his gimmick is being a good wrestler though
>>
>>2715066
>>2715066
>enzo and cass

their entrance is literally all they have
>>
>>2715074
yeah for some reason i kinda counted mic work instead of entrance, but most of their mic work is during the entrance
>>
File: MALKY!.jpg (41KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
MALKY!.jpg
41KB, 480x720px
>>
Gimmick is being a good wrestler in a company with "wrestling" in its name. If they did that with everybody it would be a watchable product.

*cue Glorious*
>>
>>2715073
He's was a cocky heel when he was feuding w/Cena and Ambrose
>>
>>2715060
The Wyatt Family
>>
>>2715093
bc he was good wrestler

thats the gimmick
>>
>>2715109
That's kind of broad, isn't it?
>>
>>2715060
le number 10 man
>>
>>2715093
All he ever talked about was how he outwrestled them.
>>
File: wtfrarepepe.jpg (40KB, 796x703px) Image search: [Google]
wtfrarepepe.jpg
40KB, 796x703px
>All this PRO WRESTLER has going for him is that he's a good WRESTLER
>>
>>2715167
If this was NCAA or the olympics, that WOULD be all he needs.

Pro-wrestling =/= wrestling. You need more than technique.
>>
>>2715163
Well it worked, a ton of other wrestlers tried that as both heel/face and it's only worked for Styles, Bryan, and Punk
>>
File: Drifter.png (4MB, 2940x2080px) Image search: [Google]
Drifter.png
4MB, 2940x2080px
>>2715060
>>
>>2715279
Why does nobody call AJ a vanilla midget when he's barely above 205 lbs and his finisher has him bouncing off the ropes?
>>
>>2715396
Cuz he'd whoop your candy ass if you called him one
>>
>>2715403
Did AJ Styles write the navy seal copypasta or something?
>>
>>2715396
Batista did like ten years ago
>>
>>2715060
Bliss
Becky
Sasha
Charlotte
Bayley
Bray
Dean
Seth
>>
>>2715396
Because when AJ came to the E he had longer hair negating the vanilla
>>
>>2715457
By that standard, the Vanilla Midget arch-fiend, Danial Bryan, was not vanilla because of his beard.

Bullshit.

That was a rhetorical question anyway. The real answer is that people know that they can't argue against AJ being great, so they ignore that he has the EXACT qualities of a vanilla midget.
>>
>>2715060
His gimmick is that he's a wacky Japanese. Weebs are eating his shit up, but reagular fans just find him cringey.
>>
>>2715416
>Becky
>Charlotte see OP and also forced 2nd/3r Gen "I am my father/other family member" gimmick
>Seth
Other than that I agree
>>
>>2715471
Daniel Bryan surpassed the vanilla midget by adopting an underdog gimmick. AJ styles isn't a vanilla midget because he has charisma
>>
File: nakamura.jpg (250KB, 1244x762px) Image search: [Google]
nakamura.jpg
250KB, 1244x762px
Admit it, he's got one of the most boss themes ever. Love it when the crowd chants long to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjZM5zFGuA
>>
>>2715396
Cause he's got presence and swag. He's also cut a couple of good promos. Being small doesn't matter if you got confidence and look like you belong
>>
>>2715396
What finisher, the forearm or the 450?
>>
>>2715060
>inb4 le fatass
Unironically, Kevin Owens
>>
>>2715396
AJ's real weight is nowhere near 205. 185 is more realistic.
>>
Also >>2715390
>>
>>2715396
Because he's just that damn good.
>>
>>2715619
"Underdog" is an extremely vanilla gimmick. Its also entirely a function of one's program and is lost when he becomes champ.

>>2715683
Yes.
Was thinking of the forearm, tho.

>>2715646
Lots of vanilla midgets have presence and swag. Protip: Being "arrogant and a pretty big dick" is as vanilla as a heel gimmick gets, yet those are the "gimmicks" of AJ AND Neville.

Protip: Its not actually the gimmick that matters, its personality.
>>
>>2715396

Because he has God protecting his body at every bump.
>>
File: 1383926482666.png (84KB, 419x238px) Image search: [Google]
1383926482666.png
84KB, 419x238px
>>2716456
So god protects him from name-calling?
>>
CFO$ are killing the bizness trying to get their meme theme songs over instead of the wrestler.
>>
>>2716464
If they actually made consistently good theme songs, it would only help.

But for every Shinsuke and Bobby Roode, who work their theme songs, there's multiple Carmellas and Seth Rollins.
>>
Nakamura - enigmatic rockstar martial artist
Enzo and Cass - Loudmouth guidos, also Carmella
Sami Zayn - nerdy underdog guy type who can be very stubborn and annoying at times
Samoa Joe - the epitome of the ends justify the means
Bray Wyatt - cult leader who, like a real cult leader, is quite delusional when it comes to his actual physical world power
Charlotte - literally Aryan in the Nazi definition of that term
Bayley - naive, childlike innocence and idealism
Alexa Bliss - mean girl type or if you're 18+ I am sure you have heard of the term valley girl
Becky - literally modern day Sting but more punny
Kevin Owens - sorta like Samoa Joe's character but is more willing to take a lazier route which often leads to funny moments

I know some aren't like super defined characters (Tye Dillinger with everything 10, Sasha's legit boss thing) but even some of those can have decent promo ability (Austin Aries.)
>>
I wanted to watch Nakamura v Bobby Roode but I killed myself during the entrances, couldn't handle the cringe.
>>
>>2716493
This is why personality matters more than gimmicks, and some of your descriptions show that.

For example, Charlotte does not have an over-the-top gimmick (her gimmick is not that she's a nazi, jesus), but with her and KO, you FEEL like they have gimmicks because their personalities are very well established in ways that are difficult to describe.

Same with Nakamura. What you listed is WWE's branding. They're trying to turn a personality into a gimmick by defining it in words. That's why Nak's main-roster nicknames feel so fucking cringy.
>>
File: Tyler_Breeze_bio.png (704KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler_Breeze_bio.png
704KB, 900x506px
What about this thing? I'm hesitant to call him a "guy", because he oozes camp from every goddamned pore of his skin.
>>
>>2716513
Yup, and it's why I gave Austin Aries as an example of a person without a fully predefined gimmick who still has a lot of personality.

Oh and I didn't call charlotre a Nazi, I was referring to the genetically superior thing.
>>
>>2716535
>I didn't call charlotre a Nazi, I was referring to the genetically superior thing.
I know, but the angle for that "gimmick", such as it is, is that she's saying she's "well-bred" in a very blunt way.
>>
>>2716545
>well bred
>those c-section hips

[x] doubt
>>
>>2716545
Bruh it's literally GENETICALLY superior. It's obvious that the reference is to having genetics of the GOAT Ric Flair.
>>
>>2716665
What the fuck do you think I just said?
>>
>>2715505
It's not a wonder that most of NJPW didn't want to sign
At least untill the E drops its obsession with stereotypes
Even the "evil Gaijin" shit they pull isn't that cringe
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.