[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>intercontinental championship >there's already a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 320x240px
>intercontinental championship
>there's already a world championship
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>2713129
Its only for the continents. You forgot the oceans.
>>
>>2713149
what kind of stipulation would there be if the title was defended at sea and would nia jax have an unfair advantage given that she's a whale?
>>
>>2713149
Exactly, world champion is also the champion of Atlantis.
>>
>>2713129
it was because pat patterson (known homosexual) unified the north american and south american championships

all those other continents are not included
>>
>>2713165
Bullshit! The South American Championship never existed! I'm calling you on your lies!
>>
It's inter not intra so I'd assume it's north America like how there was a European belt
>>
File: 1495901980631.jpg (46KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1495901980631.jpg
46KB, 600x525px
>>2713129
It used to be called the Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship, followed by the World Heavyweight Championship, followed by the Universal Championship.
>>
>being IC champ means you're the best wrestler out of North and South America
>being US Champ means you're the best in the country
>somehow, they are both equal

really fires the ol' synapses
>>
This is part of why I said they should have let the IC title be the top title on one show, instead of coming up with yet ANOTHER new title that nobody will take seriously because it has no prestige/long lineage.

The word 'intercontinental' sounds like a bigger, fancy word for 'world' to the average person anyway. Why not let that be a world title for up-and-comers, manlet favorites and fedora favorites (e.g. Ziggler, Styles, Owens), while letting the WWE title be for actual established top draws/super heavyweights/overpushed company golden boys (e.g. Lesnar, Strowman, Reigns)? If one of the manlets/fedora favorites becomes a (potential) draw or if Vince just feels like throwing them a bone, he can just switch them to Raw to contend for the WWE title or even to win it?

A lot of greats have held the IC title (e.g. Bret, Shawn, Savage, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Angle); they could have built the belt up again based on that. All they had to do is downplay/ignore the more joke-type characters that held it (e.g. Val Venis, Carlito, Santino).
>>
>Dean is the champion of Antartica
>>
>>2713334
But there's already the US title, so I'm even more confused then
>>
>>2713153
*Asuka
>>
>>2713877
Wouldn't it have to be defended in Antarctica at least once in order for it to count?
>>
>>2713149

Battle royal over the ocean?
>>
>>2713204

That's the story. It was fictitious and they're sticking to it, just like how the World Championship was "won" in a tournament in Brazil.
>>
>>2713129
pretty sure they've dropped the World from the WWE title.
>>
>>2713339
>yfw they create a "universal" championship, which makes it sound like something Goku would hold
>Then they make it bright red, instantly making it "The Raw Championship" and nothing more.
>>
>>2714288
remember the original """""leaked""""" designs for the universal championship? everyone thought it was going to be an all gold winged eagle belt with the new wwe logo and a black strap. how disappointing we got a children's toy instead.
>>
>>2714172
It's all of North America so plus Mexico and Canada
>>
File: aqua reigns.jpg (81KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
aqua reigns.jpg
81KB, 600x316px
If there was ever a time I wanted to see Roman, it'd be coming out as aquaman for an intercontinental championship match over an ocean.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.