[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Finn Balor and Seth Rollins were the two people that beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 5

File: -c5XPo_XRZo_384x216.jpg (20KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
-c5XPo_XRZo_384x216.jpg
20KB, 384x216px
>Finn Balor and Seth Rollins were the two people that beat Roman Reigns clean in a one on one match with no bullshit
>Last week an injured Reigns beats Balor clean
>Yesterday he beats Rollins clean
This can't be a coincidence, right? This is Vince McMahon showing us that Roman Reigns has evolved and his power level is stronger than ever.
>>
Kind of sucks. He's entering John Cena territory. I fear he will never lose to anyone clean for at least two years.
>>
>>2704759
He has been in John Cena territory since his push started years ago, he's stupidly protected.
>>
>>2704761
Until the moment he lost to Rollins, then Ambrose and then Balor. That's when Raw was at its most interesting period, in my opinion.
>>
Like, if Roman's your top guy, I get it. I don't like it, I don't think he's right for that babyface role, but I get it.

But for fuck's sake, why is he just pinning both of these guys totally clean practically back to back weeks? The end goal here is Roman vs. Lesnar, right? Don't you think maybe you could get some PPV matches with some major story build out of this, where Roman is redeeming his losses to Seth and Finn?

But, nah, just do it on some throwaway Raws in the buildup to a random-ass B-PPV.
>>
>>2704778
To be fair, they're doing it to hype Reigns up as the winner of the Fatal Fiveway and so that you get angry when Strowman shows up and costs him the match.
>>
>clean in a one on one match with no bullshit
Roman had Seth down for three but le ref bump. How is that not bullshit?
>>
ITT: the state of reddit smarks
>>
>>2704759
John Cena was at least built over the course of the Ruthless Aggression era
>>
>>2704778
because when finn wins(no reason to believe he wont) and then loses to lesnar Roman can start bitching that he beat everyone in the five way, and wasn't pinned at it either.
>>
>>2704788
That doesn't make being an unbeatable babyface any better. In fact, I'd argue that only makes it more annoying.
>>
>>2704783
>Roman is the one who caused the ref bump in the first place.
>They never implied that Seth's win was unclean.
>The only time they called attention to the ref bump was to say it was similar to how Seth bounced off Roman after a Frog Splash and couldn't immediately make a cover.
That's how, anon.
>>
>>2704748
Had to get them wins back. Can't let the tiniest of consequences for pissing hot during his wholly undeserved push stand.
>>
>>2704770
Oh yeah, that's right: look forward to Roman pinning Dean clean too in the coming weeks.
>>
>>2704770
that was after he failed a drugs test though
>>
>>2704748

They made clear, that - no matter what happens on Sunday - the Big Dog is the only real #1 contender and Finn or Set will only win with luck and aren't really worth it to be in the title match.
>>
>>2704759
He literally just lost to Strowman a ppv ago.
>>
>>2704783
If I recall correctly, it was Reigns himself who took the referee down to begin with.
>>
>>2704825
By having him be fucking dead walking and coughing up blood, which he totally healed up from in what, four weeks?

Then they did the angle afterwards that got Strowman injured because, welp, Roman's gotta get his heat back!

>>2704829
Yes it was. Seth was setting up for a Pedigree and Roman bumped him into the ref. It caused the ref bump and is what gave Roman the opening to hit the Spear in the first place.
>>
>>2704825
Being kayfabe half dead after beating him clean 1 month or so earlier...
>>
>>2704770
yea. Someone spike Roman's drink so his piss doesn't come out clean. RAW is better when Reigns is on the naughty list.
>>
>>2704802
>>2704829
Doesn't matter if he caused the bump. He had Seth down for a three count. Seth never beat him clean.
>>
>>2704759
>I fear

Faggot
>>
>>2704748
>another fractured ass "Roman wins" thread
it feels good when he wins because I know for a fact a tide of manchildren will be venting legit rage online.
And I get a front row seat.
>>
>>2704847
Okay how about the fact that the face commentators never acted like Rollins' victory was even the slightest bit tainted and the ref bump was never mentioned again?
>>
>>2704815
Dean's win is clean, but it wasn't one on one. It was in a triple threat, so I could see them not bothering having Ambrose lose.
>>
>>2704823
Isn't that kinda sad? Even when they're giving other guys chances, they're making it 100% clear that Reigns is the actual best among them.
>>
Why would they throw this away on TV? The Reigns/Balor and Reigns/Rollins could have been Pay Per View main events and could have been built to make Reigns getting his win back more meaningful.
>>
>>2704825
But it wasn't a clean win. Reigns was heavily injured coming in and had that as a built in excuse.
>>
>>2704860
Just because they don't talk about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
>>
>>2704818
Whatever the reason, it made things more exciting and unpredictable. Now we're back on track.
>>
why are you still watching Raw?
>>
>>2704889
Reigns only got Rollins in the visual pin because he got distracted with hitting the referee to begin with (which, I remind you, was Reigns doing). Thus, it nullifies and Rollins won clean :^)
>>
>>2704881
That's been clear ever since the night after Mania when Heyman cut that promo about how Lesnar and Roman need to go one-on-one to overwhelming WE WANT BALOR chants.

We got ten more months of this.

>>2704889
Well. Whatever. I consider it a clean win, if you disagree, that's fine. It's all academic now because Roman beat him clean on TV.
>>
>>2704886
They want to make it clear that he should be winning the Five way (even though he isn't cause they're saving that for Mania), this is merely the beginning of the road to Reigns big win at Wrestlemania.
>>
>>2704905
To be fair, they did shift courses a bit and had that promo with Heyman and Balor. I imagine Balor VS Lesnar is gonna be a fun match.
>>
>>2704910
>The Big Dog is closing in on a victory, he's got Bray Wyatt in his sights!
>OOOOOHAAAAAHHH
>I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU
>WHAT THE HELL THAT'S -- THAT'S BRAUN STROWMAN!
>WE DIDN'T EXPECT HIM BACK FOR SIX MONTHS!
>A RUNNING POWERSLAM THROUGH A TABLE!
>>
>>2704872
>Dean's win is clean, but it wasn't one on one.
Clean wins don't happen in triple threats because the story of every three way is capitalizing on each other's work. You're not the better man when you need someone else's help. That's probably why 99% of promoters and bookers before ECW didn't book three ways or four ways or five ways, because the basic psychology is stupid.
>>
>>2704938
That's what I'm saying. It's a clean win but it has the built in excuse. (Reigns was distracted with Rollins)

Still, it was a clean win. That's like saying that you can't win the Royal Rumble or the Elimination Chamber cleanly
>>
>>2704944
Because you can't. Those are just gimmicks, nothing that's supposed to simulate a fair contest where there can be a better man.
>>
>>2704954
I disagree.
>>
>>2704932
>Has been wrestling for 5 years now
>Finisher is still a powerslam
>>
>>2704954
I think you're being a bit overly strict, there.

If you win the Rumble and you didn't do something really egregious (come out at #30, spend tons of time outside under the bottom rope, etc.), I think that's a clean win and it's supposed to be acknowledged as one of the toughest things in WWE to do. Even if you came out at 20, like Randy Orton did this year, that's still a lot of guys in the ring and still to come that you gotta deal with.

Elimination Chamber or Triple Threats, it's a similar kinda thing, if you're not doing something really egregious (see: Cena hits an AA on Big Show, Punk tosses Cena out, vultures the cover), that's a clean win to me.

Ambrose cherrypicked the win, but he was still fighting both guys the whole match and he pinned Roman with his finisher.
>>
>>2704932
>Roman gets up with a dislocated arm
>OH MY! ARMED GUNMEN HAVE ENTERED THE ARENA
>Shoot Roman 6 times
>Security rush to try and stop Roman from continuing and get aid
>Car bursts into the arena and hits Roman
>OH MY! ROMAN IS GETTING BACK INTO THE RING! OH OHHH SPEAR!
>Spears Seth into each of the other contenders and pins them all in a pile
>ROMAN REIGNS HAS DONE IT! HE'S OVERCOME ALL THE ODDS
>>
>>2704748
Balor and Rollins aren't on the same level as Reigns. They suffer from the dreaded 50/50 booking which has stalled out many careers. They win half their matches and lose half, whereas Reigns wins 95% of his.
>>
>>2704975
>OH MY! ARMED GUNMEN HAVE ENTERED THE ARENA
>Shoot Roman 6 times
Good thing Roman was prepared by wearing a bulletproof vest for the last 5 years.
>>
>>2704982
Balor was actually really protected, definitely closer to Roman than Rollins. For any loss he had in NXT he would get his win back, he beat Roman clean then Seth clean for a world title, and I haven't seen the most recent match with Roman but unless the Coup de grace was buried in that match it's still the most protected finisher in the company.
>>
>>2704982
66% in reality

Finn balor? 90%
Seth is a pathetic 34% though.
>>
>>2704995
I'm assuming that is counting the heel run.
>>
>>2705001
Just looked at pro fight db and only used WWE matches
>>
>>2705006
I'd be curious to see what his win rate is ever since he's turned Face (so, since Triple H betrayed him and had Owens win)
>>
>Squashes Finn while injured
>Finn goes on to be treated like a dweeb and getting yanked out of a pin to lose
>Seth carries the match and gets beaten with about 3 moves total

I don't usually get bothered by Roman but it's getting so bad lately, why would you bury your only two face main eventers like this?
>>
>>2705056
Finn wasn't really treated like a dweeb. He kicked Bray Wyatt's ass (although, to be fair, who doesn't?) and Samoa Joe stole his pin.
>>
>>2705021
I got you, familia.

64% wins with a loooooot of them DQs.

Amusingly, it's a perfect 50/50 if you exclude house shows.
>>
>>2705071
>Gets pulled out of the ring with no resistance and can't make it back to Bray faster than a fat guy

>Not a dweeb
>>
>>2705001
>that time he lost to Slater on RAW
>>
>>2705091
He still kicked Bray Wyatt's ass and Samoa Joe just capitalized on Finn Balor's ass kicking. I think he came out looking pretty strong.
>>
>>2704770
>That's when Raw was at its most interesting period
That's when I stopped watching
>>
>>2704889
You're a moron. That was a clean pin. Only obese smarks with a hate boner for Roman don't think it was.
>>
Is the five way elimination or first pin wins?
>>
>>2705198
Get worked ya pinhead
>>
>>2705217
>>2705217
I'm not the one worked by a mandrama match. It was a clean win for Seth. Get over it.
>>
>>2705209
First pin wins
>>
>>2705198
Nope. He had Seth down for three. Get over it.
>>
>>2705245
>He had Seth down for three
No he didn't.

Stay worked by the big dog
>>
>>2705253
So you didn't even watch the match?

>worked by the big dog
Kek I'm literally saying Roman was the real winner and Seth's win was dirty. You're too retarded to use logic and too retarded to watch a match before talking shit.
>>
>>2705258
I watched the match. Seth won it cleanly. The ref bump had nothing to do with it. Seth didn't cheat to win you idiot. You're actually part of the minority with your reddit opinion. Lose weight.
>>
>>2704918
>I imagine Balor VS Lesnar is gonna be a fun match.
Brock wins after 5 suplexes is the only way for that match to go.
>>
>>2705274
That would be pretty lame. They should have it be a 20 minute match with Balor taking Brock down a few times and surviving a lot of his suplexes. Then he finally gets brought down by the size difference at the end, after a valiant fight.
>>
>>2705316
LOL no.

Brock wins in 5 minutes is the only way for it to go.
>>
>>2705270
>I watched the match.
And you still couldn't see a three count through your cheek fat. Gain IQ.
>>
File: big_dumb.png (173KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
big_dumb.png
173KB, 407x407px
I can't believe but this was wwe's plan all along...making me want roman to be the champion so that we won't be subjected to lesnar holding the title hostage...now we beg for roman to be champ,well done wwe you worked me hard
>>
>>2705329
What three count you moron? Roman was the one who bumped into the ref. Either underage or just dumb.
>>
>>2705329
Roman Reigns only got that three count because Seth Rollins got distracted when taking down the referee.
>>
>>2705321
That's stupid. Why would you make Finn Balor look out like a dweeb that has no chance?
>>
>>2705376
>Why would you make Finn Balor look out like a dweeb that has no chance?

The same reason Bray Wyatt has been made to look like a dweeb for the past 3 years. Literally who cares anymore? Make Brock and Roman wrestle each other every mania until they both retire.
>>
>>2705389
Alternatively, you could make a few cool wrestlers to be Roman's opponents after he's done with Brock.
>>
>>2705413
>Expecting WWE creative to make any cool wrestlers

This is the status quo right now.
>>
>>2705091
He didn't get pulled out of the ring. Joe tossed him sideways into the ringpost which was actually a pretty nifty spot.
>>
It's gonna continue for the next decade. To WWE, the "brands" are the stars. In their minds, no one buys tickets to see Seth Rollins, they buy tickets to see RAW. It's a small difference but it's huge if that's the foundation they build everything else on.

And also, Roman will never lose because Vince books him like an avatar of himself. Cena and Hogan were the same. No one else is treated as important because Vince runs the show, and no one is as important as Vince. Everyone else is just there to make Roman/Vince look good and to be forgotten about once they serve their purpose.
>>
File: aj-styles.jpg (48KB, 572x580px) Image search: [Google]
aj-styles.jpg
48KB, 572x580px
>>2704818
Ain't that some shit too?

>fails drug test
>punishment is a few clean losses
>Styles loses clean every other Tuesday
>>
>>2705513
That doesn't really make sense. If Vince wants the brands to be the stars, then that's all the more reason why he wouldn't want to have a single guy above all others.
>>
>>2705550
Roman isn't 39 years old
>>
>>2704748
I just watched the second Balor match, goddamn, EVERY commentator buried Finn

>He's too small
>He can't match Reigns physically
>Reigns is toying with him
>The better man won here
>Finn has no choice but to attack that injured shoulder

What the flying fuck? As if Reigns wasn't "strong" enough, he's got to become slightly less unbeatable at the cost of EVERY main eventer?
>>
>>2705573
Meanwhile, they sold him like a million bucks in the matches before and after Reigns. It's like Vince takes over when Reigns is in the segment.
>>
>>2704905
I wonder if they'd pull a Daniel Bryan and Finn ends up inserted in to a triple threat at mania
>>
>>2704960
Eh, it suits him. Feels like a move he's comfortable doing.

Every other finisher management gave him was pure cringe. Remember the reverse chokeslam? What the flying shit was going on there?
>>
>>2705580
Nah. They're not gonna mess up with Brock Lesnar VS Roman Reigns again like they did last time. This time it will be a normal match with a clean finish.
>>
>>2705056
I know right? When I think of baby faces on Raw that actually get face reactions and are likeable, it's Seth and Balor all over. Feels like they'll end up as a tag team, or some shit
>>
>>2705583
The reverse chokeslam looked pretty brutal. I was actually a bit worried for the jobbers he was doing it to, felt like he could have killed some of them.
>>
>>2705274
I think if they handle it in a way that doesn't somewhat protect Balor, then they're shooting themselves in the foot. Balor is pretty popular and sells merch like a mad cunt.

Maybe it ends with a run in from Strowman after he gets some offense in, but before Brock does his usual "lol, kick out of the protected finisher, 3x suplex and F5" finish he's been knocking around since Summerslam 2014
>>
>>2705585
One can hope there's a "YES" kinda movement or something that changes plans, or there's going to be 3 straight Wrestlemania's where Roman is boo'd heavily as a face.
>>
>>2705583
>Brauns entry level submission finisher

Bad times.
>>
>>2705606
It's not going to happen.

Vince has done that too many times. Roman will be facing lesnar, in a singles match, and get the clean pin. He may even have to fight off heyman to get it too but this year is the year.

As a fan you should also want to get this out of the way now rather than later.
>>
Was there any progress on the rumors that Brock was quitting after Wrestlemania?
>>
>>2705622
Last I heard, 3 years as of April 2018 - which puts his last match as Reigns at WM34
>>
>>2705630
>April 2015
Woops
>>
>>2705580
If they didn't do it before why would they do it now? And even if it does happen Finn would only be there to eat the pin. Bryan was way more charismatic.
>>
>>2705341

That is probably the plan:

Just make Lesnar's reign as boring and annoying for the fans as possible. Have him kill guys like Finn, Braun or Seth and if possible AJ and Nakamura or whoever is really over with the fans, so that by the time Mania comes around, everybody just wants this shit to end, even if it is Roman who ends it.
>>
>>2705616
>As a fan you should also want to get this out of the way now rather than later.

It hurts, but it's true.
>>
>>2705596
Eh, Lesnar should beat Balor clean. Just make him work a bit hard for it.
>>
>>2704854

Honestly, this.
>>
>>2704748
Jesus his spear looks like shit. Worse than Edge's and Charlotte's, which were both terrible.
>>
>>2704780
>and so that you get angry when Strowman shows up and costs him the match.

Surely Vince realizes that will get Strowman cheers, right?
>>
>>2707583
Yeah, but he's working the Roman mark demographic, and they'll be pissed.
>>
>>2704748
It frustrates me to no end how they throw away PPV tier matches away on random episodes of raw.
>>
>>2704748
If no one watches a main event, did it really happen?
>>
>>2707613
Yes, as long as it's posted on youtube.
>>
Based Big Dog will put over Based Tino when the time comes.

Based Big Dog is now, Based Tino is the future face of the company.
>>
>>2704854
You seem like a fun person.

>it's OK for a product to suck as long as I can get my jollies off from people complaining about how it sucks
>>
>>2705555
He also isn't 1/39th the wrestler or superstar that AJ is
>>
>>2704960
Powerslams are awesome and they're way more impressive than Roman's Spear
>>
>>2704993
Balor was 1-0 against Nakamura in NXT and lost the NXT Championship to Joe clean on A HOUSE SHOW.

Joe even beat the Demon clean at The End
>>
>>2707696
Tino is older than Reigns and isn't even a regular on NXT yet
>>
>>2707528
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>2704748
Get used to it /asp.
Remember: Reigns vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania next year.
The amount of boos will pop your fucking ear drums when Reigns comes out but Vince will not give a shit.
>>
>>2704748
Why is Rollins giving Roman the X-Factor?
>>
>>2707720
Wasn't it because the ref or balor fucked up the finish at nxt Dallas?
>>
>>2708552
It's probably gonna be a good match, at least, unlike the Taker Reigns travesty.
>>
>>2707717
LMAO
>>
Wasn't Seth suppose to be the one guy Roman could never beat?
Didn't they make a storyline out of this?
Did they make a big deal of this or just throw it away during the build to a match which he won't win?
>>
>>2711017
This is a fair point, if WM31 is anything to go by. That is, of course, if Lesnar doesn't halfass it.
>>
Dean belongs in the main event more than Seth. He was always the better Shield member.
>>
>>2704759
>entering John Cena territory
Roman hit that 3 years ago. Seriously, Roman has eaten a grand total of 4 clean pins in 3 years. Two of those pins (Seth and Finn) were right after he failed the Wellness program.
>>
>>2711173
4 clean pins in 3 years is most certainly not John Cena territory.

Also, I'm curious to know what the 4 clean pins are. I only remember 3 of them (Rollins, Ambrose at the triple threat and Finn)
>>
>>2704759
Roman is on a trajectory beyond Cena territory. He's already shattering records, main eventing Wrestlemanias, and retiring legends, and his real career is just getting started.
>>
>>2705583
Vince wanted to see if he could get away with straight up murdering some local jobbers? I have no idea.
>>
>>2705580
Balor's over, but he's not Bryan over. People would have to be chanting "WE WANT BALOR" constantly.

Honestly, I don't think we'll get the circumstances that led to Bryan ever again. It was a unique situation with the Network launching and them NEEDING it to have a good launch, but now it's stable, so they can just do whatever the fuck they want.

Fact is, they've actually gotten really good at booking people in a way where nobody will ever get as over as Bryan was. It deserves praise in a perverse sort of way.
>>
>>2711017
>>2711094
It's interesting because WM31 was a very good match and Roman's gotten much better in the ring since then, but
1) No cash-in to provide a great ending this time.
2) Lesnar's gotten way worse since then.

Maybe Lesnar will put on his working boots, but I kinda doubt it.
>>
File: 71b.jpg (100KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
71b.jpg
100KB, 736x736px
>>2704778
>Like,
>>
Balor VS Lesnar is hopefully gonna be good
>>
>>2704748
Y'know what bugs me about this?

It actually would have been a decent angle to play up that Reigns was going into a fatal five-way with two people who had pinned him clean.

Instead of using that uncertainty to create tension, they put Reigns over in pre-event matches, removing all tension, since its obvious who "should" win (on paper).
>>
>>2704790
>and wasn't pinned at it either.
That's a good point.

So question: Who's gonna eat that pin, and why will it be Wyatt?
>>
>>2715275
Gotta make Reigns look strong, brother. After all, he is not winning the five-way.
>>
>>2705616
Weve been waiting now for 4 manias for this shit to be over. What are you on about?
>>
>>2716507
He's finally gonna get the clean win on Lesnar and hopefully Lesnar will fuck off.
>>
>>2707715

Not him but when I got on board the WWE boat, it got to the point where the vehement rage became something of a joke. I can see where he finds enjoyment out of it. I hate to admit that part of myself but I take pleasure in other's suffering.

It would be one thing if it could actually turn something around but what makes it even more hilarious is that the business sees the reactions as a GOOD thing and they keep going regardless. So now everyone else gets even more pissed off and it keeps revolving in a constant circle that never gets broken. The fans will never give in, but neither will the company until they're ready to put Roman down.
>>
>>2704748
will this be romans new finisher after he beats brock at wm. every title defense will be a handicap match and his finisher will be spearing one person and super kicking the other
>>
>>2719010
Would be cool if done once, but would become annoying when it starts getting repeated over and over again.
>>
>>2719010
The perspective really is fucking bizarre on that picture.
>>
>>2708438
Not that anon, but something about Roman's Spear looks off. Sometimes it looks like he jumps too early (like, there was that time he came down the ramp and Spear'd Big Show. He jumped too early and lost too much momentum).

Though, Roman can get some good air time with the Spear, like that time he Spear'd Rusev by jumping over Sasha and Charlotte.
>>
>>2711092
Yeah, they forgot about that.

This was probably the first time Seth lost to Roman, although to be fair Seth is a face now and faces that aren't Roman or Cena job often to keep themselves as underdogs.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.