[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, should Chris Benoit be inducted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 9

File: ChrisBenoit.jpg (7KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisBenoit.jpg
7KB, 200x250px
Now that the dust has settled, should Chris Benoit be inducted into the Hall of Fame?
>>
>>2698171

no and he never will
>>
>>2698175
He has all the accomplishments required, perhaps the best technical wrestler in the company's history, and his sad death has led to the Wellness policy and safety precautions that have changed the sport.
>>
He needs to return and start crippling vanilla midgets like Aleister Black, Balor, and Enzo.
>>
>>2698175
/thread
>>
>>2698186

He also killed a child...
>>
File: connor-the-crusher-daniel-bryan.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
connor-the-crusher-daniel-bryan.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
I can tell you he deserves it a hell of a lot more than anyone in the WWE Celeb wing
>>
>>2698195
Yes, but he wasn't in his right mind, and the circumstances of that awful day are what's led to the current relatively healthy state of the sport.

Also, Moolah's in and she was a habitual rapist.
>>
>>2698204

The WWE might as well blow up it's own headquarter. The PR would be a disaster.

Just google for Jericho's comment about that.
>>
>>2698214
I doubt anyone outside wrestling cares about the Hall of Fame enough to mind if Benoit's there. Do they even know it exists? It would be a dignified way of acknowledging their culpability and celebrating their redemption. Nobody's going to go the way Benoit did again, thanks to the awful warning of his death and those of his family.
>>
Why in the holy name of turtle shit do you faggots need Benoit to be validated by WWE so damn bad?

Despite his horrible crimes (right mind or not), his reputation and legacy as one of the best wrestlers of his time can never be erased. There are tons of his matches that are forever preserved on video as permanent evidence of this.

And yet your main concern is questioning whether or not a wrestling company that markets towards kids, should celebrate and preserve that incredibly controversial wrestler in their hall of fame?

I don't give a shit if Hitler temporarily possessed his body when it happened, or whatever other excuse behind his actions that can be imagined....he killed a woman and a goddamn child.

Should we pretend that him, his talent and his body of work in the ring never existed, as a result of those actions? No.

Should he be celebrated/honored in any way? HELL TO THE FUCK NO.
>>
>>2698195
worked
>>
>>2698230
Brain damage isn't an excuse, it's the probable cause. If he'd only killed himself, they'd put him in.
>>
Holy shit, I just realized the 10-year anniversary of the murder-suicide is less than a month away

I feel old as fuck. That eerie Raw tribute to Benoit honestly felt like it only aired like 6 or 7 years ago
>>
He will when we get the closure on his current storyline.
>>
>>2698255
What feud was he in anyway?
>>
>>2698230
His death made the sport the safe, kid-suitable thing it is now.

WWE learned from Benoit's death. They've started to acknowledge him in written material etc., but I think this step would provide closure.
>>
>>2698260

Benoit was competing in a tournament for the ECW title (WWECW). No feud, but his last match was with Elijah Burke
>>
>>2698260

Extreme family feud, everyone is currently supposed to be dead. We are waiting for the big revelation, who framed and kidnapped him.
>>
>>2698261
>His death made the sport the safe, kid-suitable thing it is now.

All the media would make out of this would be "Child's murderer is inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame!"

And his case was big and mainstream enough to pick that up and harp on it.

There is just literally no point in doing it for the WWE. There is nothing to gain by inducting him, except for a huge shitstorm and endless discussions, so why should they do it?
>>
The public hates our God Emperor. Isn't he in there?

Like some people actually think he's a proven rapist. And some people think rape is worse than murder. The point I'm getting at, is that the vast majority of people, even including a significant portion of wrestling fans, do not give one single shit about a Hall of Fame for fake grappling.
>>
>>2698268
He was going to win that, and apparently he nearly went to the fucking match and did it - he'd bought his plane tickets after killing his wife and kid, his mind was that far gone. Can you imagine if he'd gone, done the show, won the belt, and then the bodies had been discovered? WWE would be gone.
>>
>>2698275
I think if it was handled the right way, with a press statement and some mainstream interviews, it could be a very dignified occasion. Obviously it wouldn't be like most inductions, but it could be handled well. I remember hearing that his other son wants to enter the business, having him attend would be a nice gesture, and maybe a way of passing on the mantle, though I think it'd be tough for the guy to measure up to his dad and escape from under the shadow of his tragedy.

>>2698277
The public doesn't hate Trump. About half of them hate him. About half still think he's the man. Don't bet on a Trump loss in 2020, he draws dimes.
>>
>>2698275
Recognition of his artistry, and recognition of his sacrifice, would be two major reasons.
>>
>>2698277
>The point I'm getting at, is that the vast majority of people, even including a significant portion of wrestling fans, do not give one single shit about a Hall of Fame for fake grappling.
The point you're getting at is not the actual point though. For the HOF they would have to promote his name and celebrate his career, being in there may be meaningless in the grand scheme of things but doing it for a man that murdered his wife and son would bring attention, and the old adage of 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' would not apply.
>>
>>2698204

It doesn't matter if something was wrong with him, it would still be murder or manslaughter. He still has some degree of ownership to the acts.
>>
>>2698308
No more than an Alzheimer's patient. Many of them get violent, but they tend to be frail. If they were strong, more shit like this would happen.
>>
>>2698292

a) those aren't gains for the WWE

b) his what now? He is a murderer, not a martyr.
>>
>>2698171
Why do people keep asking this retarded question
>>
>>2698286
Oh I'm on the Trump train. But make no mistake that if the Democrats collapse before 2020 and a new party emerges, things could go different. There's no guarantee the Republicans won't collapse by then either desu, but then Trump wouldn't have to compromise so that would probably be better for him.
>>
>>2698300
I honestly don't believe the common opinion is that Benoit was a bad man. He was a victim too and anybody with half a brain can understand that.
>>
>>2698320
He's one of their greats, and acknowledging that fully could only strengthen them.

He's both. All those flying headbutts for our entertainment basically killed him.
>>
>>2698277

To be fair, Trump was inducted when the general public thought of him as just another rich asshole, and nothing more

The election changed the public's view of Trump from rich asshole, to Hitler 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>2698204
This is the most retarded logic I've ever seen. Should the 9/11 hijackers get posthumous Nobel Peace Prizes for their efforts in making America safer?
>>
>>2698329
>I honestly don't believe the common opinion is that Benoit was a bad man.
I doubt anyone not interested in wrestling looked far enough into it to even come to that conclusion, that's where the backlash would mainly come from and it doesn't take much to make advertisers and sponsors to start reconsidering who they're dealing with these days.
>>
>>2698326
I think this "a new party" meme is ridiculous. It'll never happen, party politics in itself is too cynical for mere antipathy and lack of shared values to break up the mafia-like structures of the big two.
>>
>>2698338
That's why they voted for him, is it? Behave yourself.
>>
>>2698342
An inapposite comparison.

And Moolah was a fucking rapist.
>>
>>2698356
So you think a man who killed his family should get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame because him killing his family lead to more strict safety protocol? You're fucking delusional.
>>
>>2698338
Don't you love how we launched a nuke in the first week of his presidency, brought in shocktroopers to abduct LGBTQ people from their homes, shut down all the mosques, expanded the wage gap and removed maternity leave? Fucking based God Emperor. I fucking hate the coloreds and the Jews and the cunts, which is the only single reason I or anyone else had for voting for him.
>>
>>2698358
this is /asp/ you can't take everything on here seriously
>>
>>2698335
>and acknowledging that fully could only strengthen them.

What does that even mean?
>>
>>2698356
Moolah wasn't a rapist. She just pimped out dumb whores
>>
>>2698346
I don't know, Tom Perez was a horrible mistake. On the other hand Sanders is literally the most popular politician in the country. Dems might actually have to tap out by 2024 at the latest.

Keep in mind the liberal constituency is has at least two ongoing lawsuits against the party right now, and that a DNC lawyer recently stated in court that it is their 1st amendment right as a private organization not to run with the person the public elects if they don't want to. Dems will go before Pubs do.
>>
What Savage did to Elisabeth was morally worse than what Benoit did because Savage was entirely aware of his actions.
>>
>>2698376
She also made them pay her in sexual favors for career advancement. She was a predator on her own account as well as a trafficker.
>>
>>2698171
Vince and entire company would get X-Pac heat
>>
>>2698389
How many children has Savage brutally murdered?
>>
>>2698358
Because the discovery of the severity of the problem in such a shocking way led to more strict safety protocol. Let's be honest, it led to them having a safety protocol at all - Benoit would not have had a signature move of landing on his head in a company that gave a shit. Now they realize the horrific consequences, they do give a shit. People will live who would have died, because of Chris Benoit. He probably saved more lives than he took, in the final reckoning.
>>
>>2698368
Acknowledging his technical greatness as well as his tragedy would add to both their credibility within the art of wrestling, and their public image in terms of being able to face their past.
>>
>>2698395
How many premeditated acts of abuse has Benoit committed?

How many people are boycotting GotG2 because a 2 year old just got Batista Bombed to death?
>>
>>2698395
Why don't you just admit that you personally don't like Benoit, so that everyone else in this thread can move on to calling you a faggot?
>>
>>2698413
Are you seriously so out of touch with the world that you don't understand why it would be a terrible move for the company to celebrate someone who MURDERED HIS FUCKING WIFE AND KIDS? Circumstances are irrelevant. His actions on that day have forever turned his legacy into a footnote.

>>2698417
I have to like a child murderer to fit in here? lmao
>>
>>2698418
He only murdered one kid, the other kid is still alive and wants to wrestle.
>>
>>2698429
Well, there you have it folks. He only murdered one kid, so I guess they can induct him.
>>
>>2698418
Chris Benoit is a tragic man, not a monster in man's flesh. You are close-minded if you sincerely blame him for what happened that night. If anyone is to blame, it's Vince. Benoit was not in his right mind and he lost his life that night as well.

The fact that you demonize the victim but follow and support the victimizer is downright hypocritical.
>>
>>2698432
That's not what I meant and you know it. You said "KIDS", I said he didn't murder both of his kids, he murdered one of them. In fact, he had two other kids, I've just found out, a son and a daughter.
>>
>>2698434
Oh, so Vince gave him the order to commit the murders?

I understand that it wasn't entirely Benoit's fault, but you can't simply ignore the fact that, regardless of mental state, he planned and carried out the murder of his wife and son, and celebrating a person who did this would result in horrific PR for the company.
>>
File: 06fnmr[1].jpg (78KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
06fnmr[1].jpg
78KB, 1200x1800px
Benoit is in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame.

The only HoF that matters!
>>
>>2698444
Again, I think with the right handling it wouldn't be taken wrongly. Vince or Steph could go on Fox News and explain the context.
>>
WWE ignored arguably the biggest star in their company's history just because he got caught saying he doesn't like his daughter dating niggers.....and you clowns think Benoit could get into their HoF after killing a woman and child? lmao
>>
>>2698444
He didn't plan it. That's the entire point you dense cunt. It was a freak occurrence that could have happened on any random night because his brain was turned to mush.
>>
>>2698466
Probably had more to do with Hogan taking on the Jews in court. The parent owners of Gawker are shady types responsible for 4chan censorship, Poole's reconditioning, and the entire Gamergate incident. Literally the type of shadow Jews who invest millions into researching techniques on how to manipulate public opinion.

As soon as he won the lawsuit, the Hogan references slowly trickled back in because he Leg Dropped the Jewish mafia..
>>
>>2698466
They talk about the MURDER OF HIS FAMILY as if it was just a badly received angle like Katie Vick or something.
>>
>>2698175
Just like chyna never will *wink*
>>
>>2698496
maybe it was an angle that got out of hand
>>
>>2698246

LOL never forget suicide crossfaced his wife to death and euthanized his kid and then WWE used a whole episode to pay tribute to him
>>
>>2698496
No, we just consider the context, the lessons learned, and the fact that the company seems to be trying to move to an image of greater maturity and responsbility - bringing one of the all-time greats out of the cold would be a great way to aid that aim. He was killed by love of the sport and the irresponsbility of the company in that era.
>>
>>2698278

Yeah but what if they turned it into a work.

WWE would be running the country, at least
>>
Best for Business is not just an authority gimmick. WWE as a company will never let a guy that killed his wife and son into the HoF, no matter the circumstances or the time passed. PR and stock prices are all that matter, and Benoit in the HoF announcement would cause a shitstorm.
>>
>>2698512
They didn't know when it aired, though people sometimes get the impression that Regal knew something more was up.
>>
The only reason he isn't in is because he wasn't over, and Vince wasn't high on the guy.
Superfly Jimmy Snuka, however... shit, he was over AND was over with Vince Sr. You're damn right Snuka's in the HOF no matter if he murdered his gf or not.
>>
>>2698518

LOL NEVER FORGET IM SO STONED I CALLED HIM "SUICIDE"
>>
Scott Hall killed a guy
>>
>>2698513
You think people watch wrestling to get mental images of a psychopath murdering his family in a fit of roid rage? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>2698524

w o r k e d
>>
>>2698171
In a perfect world, he should be. His ghost has hugged the cactus long enough.
>>
He definitely deserves to be in the HoF, and since he didn't kill his family in the middle of the ring, I don't give a shit and don't think it should affect his chances. But WWE will never let him in.
>>
>>2698528
>worked
why else do you think the guy is a trainwreck? killing somebody probably fucked him up
>>
>>2698531
>and since he didn't kill his family in the middle of the ring

If WWE was a legitimate sport this might be an argument, but it's fuckin wrasslin. It's entertainment. it's celebrity. it's image. Everything is "the ring" you fucking mark lolololololol
>>
ITT: Sociopaths think a company should celebrate a child-killer because he was good at theatrical fighting
>>
>>2698536
We don't define dementia sufferers by the shit they did at the end of their lives, but by what they did when they were healthy.
>>
>>2698534
No, it wouldn't be an argument in a legit sport, either. Adrian Peterson beat his kid with a switch, got suspended for a year from the NFL, lost all his sponserships, and the commissioner of the NFL himself sent him a public letter telling him how to be a better father.
It was bullshit.
>>
>>2698171
Ty Cobb is in the Baseball Hall of Fame despite having been a pretty violent guy, and occasionally a bigoted one. Seems unfair that a comparable technician for wrestling is barred.
>>
>>2698536
Being objective and/or separating issues that don't belong together doesn't mean we're sociopaths. Of course it was horrible, and WWE being a public company with an image to uphold would and should never mention him again, but for the sake of objectivity:
Does killing his wife and kid have anything to do with wrestling? No. Do wrestlers go into the HoF based on how good their personal and family lives were? Not in the slightest. Therefore, Benoit killing his family and himself has nothing to do with his career as a wrestler and what he accomplished.
>>
If Benoit hadn't killed himself, the courts would have found him not guilty by reason of insanity. Vince however would have come under investigation and likely gone to jail along with anybody else that the courts could could prove was aware that the health conditions were inadequate.
>>
This thread is how you can spot reddit, pay attention anons
>>
>>2698191
You do realise he was like 3ft 5 on a good day
>>
>>2698230
People want him inducted to see the shit storm and how WWE would handle it you autist
>>
>>2698541
He wasn't that good if he was dumb enough to give himself concussions doing fake headbutts.
>>
God damn this conversation is dumb. He's never getting in and nor should he after his actions. However is incredibly hypocritical for them not to put Benoit in while they have Snuka, Tyson, and Moolah all in the hall. Plus there's almost certainly someone else in there that's done some evil shit.
>>
>>2699127

Fucking Patterson, I knew I was forgetting someone, diddling teenage boys.
>>
Stone Cold puts it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hom2zcz5Fmc
>>
>>2698712

Some people forgot how weird Benoit looked in his last years due to his height. That amount of muscle on that short frame just didn't look right.
>>
>>2698186
>perhaps the best technical wrestler in the company's history
That's not Kurt "Bestiality Sex" Angle
>>
People in real sports have been denied hall of fame spots for far less you fucking edgelord
>>
>>2698524

Scott Hall fought a guy outside a club at night who had just intentionally damaged his car. The guy reached for a gun during the fight, Hall wrestled the gun away from him and shot him before the guy could continue being a threat to his life, e.g. the guy potentially pulling out a second gun and killing Hall.

You absolutely CANNOT compare that to what Benoit did.
>>
>>2699237

And Snuka was never found guilty, even though he probably was.

With Benoit there is no question if he did it or not (outside of pathetic conspiracy theories).
>>
He is in the only hall of fame that matters
>>
>>2699246
/thread

what's it matter, if every wrestler of his generation and the following recognize him as one of the best ever that should be enough.
he should slowly fade away like Dynamite Kid did ( his fellow degenerate idol)
>>
>>2699114
The flying headbutt has hurt everyone who's done it. Harley Race said he was sorry he ever came up with the move.
>>
>>2698389
Don't you mean Luger?
>>
>>2698195

The list of accomplishments go on and on!
>>
>>2699241
"kevin sullivan did it!"

that guy that made that theory up doesn't help his cause one bit (sounds off as too "I solved the case because i'm too smart while the cops are stupid and paid off).
>>
>>2699761
If he's the guy who did the YT videos I've seen, he also believes in Sullivan's kayfabe Satanism, which is dumb.
>>
>>2699769
haven't seen the YT video, only the rambling website theory. but that sounds like the same guy (the satanism thing).
>>
This is the best analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5rfaCFdc8
>>
File: 1359609215212.gif (4KB, 452x523px) Image search: [Google]
1359609215212.gif
4KB, 452x523px
>spends career doing stupid, high-risk maneuvers, knowing it might fuck his brain up
>it fucks his brain up
>he kills his family
>we're supposed to celebrate his "great career"

kek
>>
>>2699241
Snuka basically claimed insanity to get off but was signing autographs the week after, it's quite amazing he's not more infamous for it.
>>
>>2700165
18+. You really think everyone knew about brain injuries in the 80s and 90s or were you just smarter than all of the athletes?
>>
>>2698479
So after murdering his wife he didn't plan daniels death and or his own?
>>
File: 1483947683993.webm (1MB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
1483947683993.webm
1MB, 350x242px
Didn't he search how to break a neck before the murders?
>>
No reason to. Who does it help? It's just digging at old wounds that are just now starting to heal. There's no reason to induct him. He shouldn't be honored.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.gif (3MB, 321x235px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.gif
3MB, 321x235px
I wonder why it was that this guy killed his family and himself???
>>
>>2700993
>chairshots himself

Holy fuck is that stupid and pointless even in kayfabe.
>>
File: 32vVHFp[1].gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
32vVHFp[1].gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>2700322
he already knows how to break a neck
>>
>>2700322

Christ. I found out when this match was, May 2005 - but I cannot seem to find any comment on this match pointing out that Benoit may not have been kayfabe selling that forearm to the back of the head.
>>
>>2701041
There's so much of this in his matches, particularly towards the end, that they're difficult to rewatch to be honest.
>>
>>2700322

Boy this is creepy to watch knowing what we know now. Even if it was just damn good selling.
>>
File: benoittoys.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
benoittoys.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>2698277
Trumps also killed way more children. 2018 is definitely Benoit's year for the HOF
>>
>>2701993
Awww just missed it by a couple of days.
>>
Yea sure induct a murderer into the HoF what could go wrong xDDD
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.