[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when it kept being teased for weeks and weeks and weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: The-Rock-Returns-To-WWE-.jpg (25KB, 557x323px) Image search: [Google]
The-Rock-Returns-To-WWE-.jpg
25KB, 557x323px
Remember when it kept being teased for weeks and weeks and weeks that we would see Rock fight Cena at Wrestlemania 27? And by WM27 those hopes were pretty much crushed and it looked like he was just going to be the host after all, but at WM27 there was still a little glimmer of hope that Rocky would work at match with Miz and Cena, but all that happened is he interfered in the match, and then the next night on RAW, it was announced that they wouldn't fight until *next* Wrestlemania, literally an entire year later, and much of the crowd booed because of how ridiculous that was? Remember that? And then that WM28 match was supposed to be once in a lifetime, but at next year's Wrestlemania, we got the almost same exact match yet again?

haha I remember that. good times good times
>>
Sort of like how everyone and their mother knows it's roman reigns vs brock at this years.
>>
yah

Remember when they were going to do the exact same thing and set up Rock v Lesnar for Wrestlemania 30 by announcing it on the RAM after WrestleMania 29, but Rocky hurt himself in the Cena match and walked out on the company, never to wrestle again.
>>
>>2692777
Totally not like that at all.

>Lesnar has been back for a while, and didn't return, tease a match, but not actually have a match until 16 months later
>on top of that, Roman didn't go on to fight some corny goofball instead of Lesnar, like Miz was at the time
>Lesnar fought recently, Rock hadn't fought in almost a decade
>Lesnar and Roman haven't interacted much together and WWE hasn't made it obvious yet where it looked painfully obvious that Rock was going to wrestle at WM27

It's really only on the internet where it's "obvious" that they're going to fight but even if that's the case it's not the same at all.
>>
>>2692777
>>2692786
We only know it's at Wrestlemania because of Le Meltz, but the night after Wrestlemania, Heyman cut that promo about how THE TWO ONES IN 21 AND TWO MUST GO ONE ON ONE, so it was obvious that was the direction they were going in, even if most reasonable people would assume SummerSlam, not Mania, because dear god, who would actually expect a year of this shit.

It was also great because Heyman's promo got shouted down with "WE WANT BALOR" chants the whole time, proving that already nobody gives a shit about that match happening.
>>
>>2692803
>basing what you think a crowd wants on a post-WM, smark-filled crowd reaction
lol. Balor is already barely getting pops anymore. To most normal, non-shitty wrestling fans, the idea of Lesnar vs. Balor is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>2692824
I actually talked to all the normal non-shitty wrestling fans and they think the idea of Lesnar vs. Balor is great.
>>
File: 1484279141622.jpg (19KB, 407x396px) Image search: [Google]
1484279141622.jpg
19KB, 407x396px
>>2692828
All of them eh?

Pro tip, NXT fans aren't normal either
>>
>>2692841
Protip: everyone knows wrestling is fake so we can at least try to make it fun by having interesting matchups
>>
>>2692841
Yup. All of them. We have a text group.

I also just asked all of them and they said NXT fans are normal. The most normal actually. The normalest of all.
>>
>>2692841
Balor is over, and at Great Balls of Fire, he's taking back the Universal toitle he never lost.
>>
>>2692852
The only thing he's taking is a major hit to his credibility when he jobs big time to Lesnar. It sucks to see as a Balor fan.
>>
>>2692776

For 90% of the audience this is how it went down

>Fucking stoked about the Rock hosting Mania 27
>Desperate to see The Rock fight Cena
>Fucking stoked when it was announced they'd fight at Mania 28, after it looked like they wouldn't fight
>Fucking stoked when The Rock actually WON the match against Cena
>Happy for Cena to get win at Mania 28 because he proved he could hang with The Rock.

If you didn't like that whole saga go and get laid immediately.
>>
>>2692841
>>2692824

Really desperate for your anti-Balor shit to be validated aren't you?

In that case, you should want a Balor vs Brock since he'll loose to build up Brock for Roman.
>>
>>2693036
>Balor
>help build up Lesnar
Lol. I suppose you think Heath Slater would help build up Roman too
>>
>>2693045
Yeah, yeah he would. All wins do.

Nice try at being a smart ass though.
>>
>>2692852
Balor gets no pop and barely any reaction from the crowd during his promos. This is why they had Heyman build him up on Raw, cuz he's not over
>>
>>2692776

Yeah, but it's not like anyone else rose up to fill the void. Someone should have grabbed a brass ring.
>>
>>2693045
>implying a Slater/Roman program wouldn't be fucking awesome.
>>
I remember when it looked like Bill Goldberg was going to come back to WWE in I think 2006 when he was seen to be working out really hard and was caight on camera training in a ring.

Turns out it was just a massive coincidence because that's just what Goldberg does. Christ the hype around the IWC that Goldberg was going to be the one to destroy Cena was huge.
>>
>>2693262

I wouldn't be surprised if he was pegged to come back and it fell to pieces.
>>
>>2693269
Yeah I guess, but I think Goldberg went on to say he was training for a film role and the ring training was a hobby, or something. It was so long ago I can't recall the details. The Goldberg vs Cena thing was rumoured in 2009 or so as well
>>
>>2693269
I don't think so, I think the thing is Vince just didn't want Goldberg at all until last year when the video game stuff happened.
>>
>>2693269
I would be surprised, honestly. Goldberg has a lot of shoot interviews from 2004-2012 where he explicitly shits on WWE, it's booking, it's wrestlers, it's storylines, etc.
>>
>>2692786
>fight
>fought
>>
Rock/Cena 1 was a pretty good match. Everything after that was dogshit though.
>>
>>2694188
I just don't see why they didn't stick Punk in the second one.
>>
Rock's return was god awful. He forgot how to cut promos and just pandered to the crowd.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.