[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night, you all learned what you should have already known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

Last night, you all learned what you should have already known years ago. The WWE title is not for who's the most over/the most talented in the ring/has the most charisma/the best look.

The wrestlers who hold the title, fit 1 of 2 categories:

1. Is either a well-deserving legend in Vince's eye, is a current top draw that he personally likes, or is otherwise really close enough to Vince for him to allow them to hold the title when they request it. In other words...the title is a reward, normally for that wrestler's ego. Think of Orton, Cena, and Triple H. Think of Backlund's run in the early 90s; The Rock's last title reign despite not wrestling regularly.

2. That wrestler holding the title is believed by Vince to be "best for business" in a more indirect way than a top draw would be. Obviously we all know that established top draws holding the title is best for business. But think about all those title holders who were not draws, and/or did not seem like main-event material let alone WWE champion material (e.g. 2010 Miz, Del Rio, Sgt. Slaughter). They were all "best for business" in some other form.

And now we have Jinder. Over 1.2 billion Indians on this planet, to cast a wide net over and try to get regular viewers out of. Some of us have seen the youtube videos of the Indian WWE fans doing their "matches" in the streets so clearly there is an audience. They already tried it once with Khali, but stopped short of giving him the WWE title (probably due to what was clearly a short shelf life for him as an in-ring competitor, and also his difficulty with working matches)

Jinder as WWE champion doesn't make sense to you and "tarnishes" the title in your view, because you think the WWE title is only for established draws/potential draws. It's not. There are many other indirect ways for Vince to use that title to attempt to better his business. Make no mistake, Jinder as champ IS a gamble. But Vince understands that it's a high-reward gamble if he wins.
>>
Thanks for that long drawn out explanation of what people have said in less than two sentences.

People get it. They just disagree if this was a "smart" gamble.
>>
>>2678374
>People get it. They just disagree if this was a "smart" gamble.

No, "people" don't get it.

The hundreds of people I see on Twitter bitching about "Hogan...Austin...Rock...Cena...JINDER?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!" don't get it.

Hence the long, drawn-out explanation.
>>
>>2678357
>Over 1.2 billion Indians on this planet, to cast a wide net over and try to get regular viewers out of

You mean 36 million Canadians...
>>
>being a belt mark
Have sex
>>
Already knew this...
>>
>>2678378
I don't think any of those people are HERE, anon.
>>
>implying anyone in current wwe is a draw

u could put the title on ellsworth and it literally wouldnt make a difference
>>
>>2678378
try plying your long-form faggotry on one of these fine sites:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe

>>2680998
I'd watch that. I've changed the channel every time Orton has been on since Mania.

Jinder's in ring work is ugly as shit. The blow on Finn, the match vs. Orton, couldn't get carried by AJ, ugly ass match with Sami.

Dude is so stiff he can't even get pulled out of the ring by his henchmen believably.

But he's doing something right because I want to see him and his goons get raped.
>>
>>2678357
I don't see how it's any different to putting the title on sammartino or morales to play to their respective nationalities. /ourpoo/ working smarks 25/8
>>
>>2680998
this
>>
>>2678357
I hope it all works out for him. I dropped my network sub, and don't plan on renewing it.

I had been wavering on letting it go right after this years mania, but I wanted to see what they were going to do to try to fix the current product. The storylines and overall show quality have not been good enough recently for me to justify handing ten bucks a month to Vince.
>>
So, we should surrender to India because they are more.

Is OP the biggest cuck of this board?
>>
OP is exactly the kind of suicidal mentality that is ruining the West.

>lel accept immigrants cuz they are a lot, lot of revenues

KEK
>>
How the fuck were 2010 Miz, Alberto and Slaughter as champs best for business??
>>
>>2678357
Based Big Poppa Poo bringing back prestige to the WWMeme championship after the Indy midgets killed it.
>>
>>2681076
Sammartino sold out MSG 187 times.

Jinder doesn't even have a T-shirt on WWE.com
>>
>>2681512
completely different situations, one thing is to let millions of shitskins in your country, other thing is to put a single shitskin on top, and let the other billions of shitskins buy a wwe network suscription from their third world shithole
>>
>>2681512

What the fuck does Vince making extra money from millions of poo fans in their poo country have to do with accepting immigrants?
>>
>>2681652
>2010 Miz
Attempt to get the reality TV/MTV viewing audience that already knew Miz from the Real World and Road Rules. Also to get the initial "former Real World-er is WWE champ" headlines in mainstream media (basically the same reason why David Arquette won the WCW title, except less retarded since Miz was at least an actual wrestler that competed for a few years)
>Alberto
Yet another attempt at increasing the Latino audience...happened with Eddie as well
>Slaughter
Attempt to get extra viewership/media attention by using the Kuwait/Iraq situation that was dominating the news at the time. Slaughter turned heel and became anti-American when he got the belt. It actually worked well enough to get Sarge plenty of legit death threats
>>
File: iveseensomeshit.jpg (53KB, 1006x678px) Image search: [Google]
iveseensomeshit.jpg
53KB, 1006x678px
>>2681506
We already are. Any job that's remote they have for a quarter of the price.
>>
>>2681066
>Dude is so stiff he can't even get pulled out of the ring by his henchmen believably

Fucking lol.

Who's he gonna be facing at Money in the Bank lads?
>>
>>2681831
Hopefully Sami Zayn in a squash match
>>
>>2681831

Probably Randy's rematch.
>>
>People were complaining about the lack of non-white champions a month ago
>Street shitter is now champion

He'll likely lose it in a week or two but they wanted to hand it off to someone else and he works as a middle man to keep the political correctness up
>>
>>2681915
People are always gonna find a way to bitch, man.
>>
>>2681925
This and it's why they don't enjoy the show more.
>>
I just want to know what the reaction was backstage when Vince said he wanted Jinder as champ. I wonder if anyone told him no or if everyone was just in shock. Wonder how guys like Sami Zayn felt.
>>
>>2681933
>Thank god I still have a job, I thought he was going to start the spring cleaning!

Btw that's coming up very shortly.
>>
>>2678357
What in the blue blazes are you on about OP ?

Vincent doesn't "give" titles.. jinder is champ because he WON THE BATTLE ROYAL. He used all his strength to pin sami zayn and win the MATCH. And he got a title shot, then he smartly got himself some pajeet and pajeet security to legit pin randy orton. .. If this title change proves anything it's that wwe matches are legit and wrestling is real.
>>
>>2682340
Dad please stop embarrassing me, all my friends can read this.
>>
>>2681066
>ugly ass match with Sami
Wasn't Jinder's fault. Sami was sloppy as shit in that match. He didn't seem to be putting much effort forth.
>>
>>2681933
I wanna know this too

You just KNOW there were a few marks for themselves that were pissed about this.....I just wanna know exactly WHO

Just look at how the boys in the back reacted to Hassan when he got his sudden push
>>
>>2678357
this
>>
We just learned that Americans don't love diversity and anybody that's not white. I'm Indian and proud of Jinder. Everybody in India was celebrating when Jinder won the championship. He did it for his people.
>>
>>2684890
>He did it for his people

No. Vince said "Damn pal, what is we made that shitskin a champion? It would really get the smarks going! They will never see it coming! Then Cena can come back and take the belt!"
>>
>>2684890
cuck
>>
>>2681719
The Maharaja refuses to have his people sew his shirt for American haters!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.