[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can't have more than one pop a night. If the crowd pops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Al-Snow.3.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Al-Snow.3.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
You can't have more than one pop a night. If the crowd pops for your entrance then you should just turn around and leave because they're done and you're not doing your job right.
>>
Did he really say that? He should know better.
>>
>>2663576
He's not wrong. Just look at Bayley. The fans only pop for her entrance.
>>
>>2663579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhgRkNftqc0
>>
Al Snow is one of the most bitter ex-wrestlers out there, right up there with Bob Holly
>>
>>2663584
yeah if that's the only pop you're getting sure.

But wrestlers entrance themes are practically designed to get the audience to pop. So unless they drop entrance themes all together his point is fantasy. But I do agree the bigger one should be for the finish.
>>
>>2663576
*glass shatters*
*stone cold turns round and leaves because the crowd is too loud and he's doing his job wrong*
>>
>>2663638
Sorry Mankind, can't help you win the title tonight.
>>
>>2663576
when did al snow decide to become such a massive faggot?
>>
I generally like Al Snow but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a wrestler say

This guy was a part of the Attitude Era; he should know that there is nothing wrong with a crowd having several huge pops, and that it certainly is possible. He lived in an era where the crowd popped for New Age Outlaws, then later on in the night popped for the Hardy Boyz, then later on in the night popped huge for Stone Cold or The Rock
>>
>i rate Al Snow
>>
>>2663579
>>2663576
>>2663587
He didn't say the part about "you're doing your job wrong".

OP is fake news. Snow is quite right.
>>
>>2663629
There is no such thing as "multiple pops". One will always stand out above the others and that was "The Pop".
>>
>>2663704
see
>>2663723
Smarks don't know what a pop is.
>>
>>2663727
So according to Al, you carry around a special pop-o-meter and if it self destructs when your theme hits that's how you know?

Never mind the fact that they could get a bigger reaction later, but hey, the meter busted, not worth the effort.
>>
>>2663723
>>2663727
Then his point is still fucking stupid, because you can only know what The Pop was retroactively.
>>
>>2663723

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhgRkNftqc0

Watch the entire video. At no point does he say "The Pop" or suggest that he's talking about "the biggest pop of the show". And if that IS what he meant then he should have clarified that (but that begs the question.....how the fuck do you know whether or not you got the biggest pop of the night before the show's even over?)

The guy says "If they pop during your entrance, turn around and go back in".

Look at this Too Cool match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jogjS4HDuT0

The crowd clearly stands up and pops during their entrance. Skip forward to 8:51 into the match....crowd pops again for The Worm move. And I'll bet you they popped again when either Austin or Rock made their appearance that night.

WTF is Al talking about???
>>
>>2663598

He doesn't seem all that bitter to me

That interview he gave about Ryback's eating habits was funny as hell
>>
>>2663736
>>2663738
>>2663775
No, you doofuses (Doofi?), you're still thinking in terms of multiple pops.

You can know when an audience has popped right at that moment because their reaction resembles an orgasm.
That's what fucking "pop" means.
They won't do that shit over and over, period.

I didn't take the bit about "if they pop from your entrance, go right back out, you're done" to be literal, but then, I don't have autism.
You will never do better than a pop.
If they pop for your entrance, its all downhill from there, or more likely, not remembered.
>>
>>2663794
>he still thinks a pop = the one single loudest reaction of the entire event
>he literally JUST finished acknowledging that multiple "pops" do happen
>>
>>2663807
>he literally JUST finished acknowledging that multiple "pops" do happen
You are fake news.
Also
>An idiot smark
>thinks he knows better than people who've been in the industry for decades
The state of you.
>>
>>2663794
Wrestlemania 33. The Hardys came out. The audience LOSES THEIR FUCKING MINDS. It is, BY FAR, the biggest reaction of the night

By your logic, the fact that they came down and WON THE GODDAMN TAG TITLES after that doesn't matter and isn't remembered.
>>
>>2663830
I remember absolutely nothing about that match other than Jeff (I think) taking the needless dive off the ladder onto a prone sheamus and Ceasaro, which people made fun of because he seemed to barely hit Sheamus, but Sheamus sold anyway (cuz he clipped his eye or something).

That's a good length of match to basically remember nothing about, and I wasn't even hype for the Hardys, just the obvious hugeness of their introduction made everything else irrelevant.
>>
>>2663845
>i have ADD

we get it, you're totally not a "le smark", you can go back to rebbit now.
>>
>>2663576
>you can only pop once, then you need a sandwich and a nap

no wonder so many of you are virgins
>>
>>2663856
>goes for stupid insults
>Rather than the extremely obvious response of listing things YOU remember from that match
When you know you're wrong, and you have the choice between being an asshole and just saying, "Oh, good point", why would you want to be an asshole?
Its not like it hides that you're wrong.
>>
>>2663861
Al barely got reactions at all. He wouldn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5iWHk3nwyU
>>
>>2663830
>the fact that they came down and WON THE GODDAMN TAG TITLES after that doesn't matter and isn't remembered.
literally nobody cares about that
>>
>>2663867
>Trying to pretend Al Snow was never over
2:20
Jesus christ you're a try-hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iEHijbm0AI
>>
>>2663892
More importantly, nobody can remember shit that actually happened during the match.

I'm the guy taking Snow's side, and I have the memory high-score at: 1 Spot.
>You will lack self-awareness like an average smark
Feels good.
>>
"you will never lack", that should read, obviously.
>>
>>2663905
>>You will lack self-awareness like an average smark
lol, well when you're right, you're right.
>>
>>2663914
>tfw you're so desperate for something to say, you cling to tipos
The STATE of this faggot.
>>
>>2663894
Let's be honest. Head was over; not Al.
>>
>>2663924
>being so butthurt about your tipos that you can't take a joke
>>
File: abcdef.jpg (44KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
abcdef.jpg
44KB, 451x392px
>>2663938
>Take a joke
I think I'm tolerating you just fine.
>>
>>2663576
>got jannetty'd by a mannequin head
>>
>>2663935
>X isn't over-
>-His intro is
>-His finisher is
>-His PROP is
This is a retard's argument. Its the equivalent of calling something "overrated" because you can't actually think of anything wrong with it.
>>
>>2663576
big words from a man who was drew less dimes than a plastic head
>>
>>2663950
No it's not.

Give head to someone else and they get the same reaction.

Take head away from Al Snow and he gets no reaction.
>>
File: al_blows.jpg (193KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
al_blows.jpg
193KB, 720x720px
Okay, look, here's the thing: pops are like chicken nuggets, okay? There are only so many chicken nuggets in the box, right? Right. Okay, so – if you eats all the nuggets and pass the box to me, guess what? I don't get any nuggets. Pops are like nuggets. IF YOU'RE GETTING ALL THE POPS (STEVE) THEN I'M NOT GETTING ANY. AND IF I'M NOT GETTING ANY THE FUCK YOU!
>>
>>2663576
Says a man who used a mannequin head to get over
>>
>>2663864
You must be new around here faggot. Kill yourself.

>>2663830
Not really difficult though is it? The rest of the show was shit.
>>
>>2665149

This is true to a certain extent.

Who it really hurts are the people who are lower on the card or wrestle a slower and or more old fashioned style.

If you do all the flips and pips and doubledip all the chips in one match then the next guys just try to tell a long story, then guess what.

Only some guys can wake crowds up or reinvigorate them every time they come out. And these are usually the best of the best. Cena Styles Bryan Austin. If you were anyone else on the card you were usually fucked if you had to follow a ladder match or the two legends before you.
>>
>>2663845

You remember the beginning and the end... Which both had huge pops.

I don't think this was this best example even if I undstand your point.

How were the Hardy's to avoid this huge pop that supposedly fucked everything up, other than never returning to the WWE.
>>
>>2665184
>If you do all the flips and pips and doubledip all the chips in one match then the next guys just try to tell a long story, then guess what.
Wrong.

WCW booked their flippy shit in the undercard. Sometimes it got pop sometimes it didn't. The main events had the old guys who could do shit in the ring. And they got big pops all the time. Lesson learned: if you're over you get pops. Period.
>>
>>2663650
When marks began offering him money to teach them his faggotry.
>>
>>2665184
Good booking means there is a pacing to the event. You never go from one extreme to another because it's jarring, you balance it out.

>Flippy shit like Hardies
>Medium weights like Jericho, Edge
>Heavy weights Big Show, Vader
>Main event Rock, Austin

This is how it was booked in the attitude era where you had style differences but they weren't mammoths to midgets. Your medium size guys would still use dives but would focus more on submissions (think Benoit). Then your big guys wouldn't use the ropes at all but they would use submission holds to give themselves a breather where they could rest a moment before brawling some more. Finally you ended up at the main event who were supposed to be medium-heavy weight brawlers who rarely used submissions and were mostly brawlers.

Some people are a free pop like Austin was. The moment that glass shattered shit was going down. So they included promos of them earlier in the night. Setting up the main event but also fixing the pacing. 2 hours of back to back wrestling isn't interesting the same way 2 hours of non-stop action isn't a good movie.

And now you know why they include the piss breaks known as women's wrestling. Don't want to ruin the flow so they give you 10 minutes to piss and get sna... oh wait it's WWE so no they just include 10 minutes of advertisements for every 7 minutes of wrestling.
>>
Al Snow is a fucking dumb ass coat tail rider who was never even responsible for the modicum of success he had. He always went against the grain of his bookers and had to be told what to do to get over.

If you are an aspiring pro wrestler you'd do well to just do the opposite of whatever he tells you to do.
>>
Snow was pretty good pre-Attitude Era but the HEAD gimmick had a ceiling. I agree he's bitter as fuck and overvalues himself.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.