[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“Drawing more money, what does that mean anymore?” B

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: bischoff1.jpg (12KB, 427x406px) Image search: [Google]
bischoff1.jpg
12KB, 427x406px
>“Drawing more money, what does that mean anymore?” Bischoff commented. “Again, I like Randy a lot and I have a ton of respect for him so I do not mean this to be any kind of a shot at Randy. But Randy has the luxury of having a very successful career with for what is in all intents and purposes — it wasn’t intentional but [WWE’s] a monopoly.”

>“Yes, WWE makes a lot of money and as a result so does Randy. Randy hasn’t had to change his style because he has the privilege of working for a company that is able to pay Randy a lot of money. And he doesn’t have to go out and make his living on the independent circuit. Randy doesn’t have to go out and create new fans. All Randy has to do is stay on the treadmill.”

>Bischoff continued on the subject by saying if he were a young worker in the indies he would take offense to what The Viper said in his comment. “[Randy] has that luxury, that privilege of getting [his] seven figures and having a check show up in the mail once a month for things [he] don’t even remember doing, and getting merchandise money because [he has] this machine behind [him] that prints that money. And a lot of people don’t, the vast majority of people don’t. It’s a little bit like the music industry where 2% of the people make 98% of the money. Well, I don’t think that 2% of the people who are making 98% of the money should necessarily look down their nose at the other 98% who are trying to craft a living.”

Based Bisch ends argument forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjJe1rBdm9U
>>
tl;dr "check your privilege"
>>
Certainly an interesting perspective from bischoff.

I guess everyone has to give their two cents on the situation. When's big dick meltz going to?
>>
So correct me if I'm wrong here. Wasn't Randy at first only involved to say "there's a difference between a young, hungry guy trying to get noticed and a fat old man falling out of the sky." purely as a way to shit on Bubba because he has heat with Bubba from before?

Then that got taken the wrong way and this all kinda spun out of that?
>>
>>2661234
Sort of. Remember the timeline starts with him commenting on a guys tweet about the state of indy wrestling with just a one word quote from it.

Then bubba chimed in and it started spiraling out of control from there.
>>
>>2661231
He did on Monday. He basically said Randy was saying this from a position of privilege 'cause they always wanted him to be a star, but that guys on the indies probably do too much, but they do it because they have to get over, so he wishes it wasn't the case, but he understands it.

I'm sure somebody's clipped it on Youtube.
>>
>>2661220

BASED BISCHOFF SPITTING TRUTH BOMBS
>>
>>2661239
Basically what I've gotten from this is that Bubba's a prick and Randy just doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>2661234
Pretty sure he didnt mention money or filling seats until the indie guys got butthurt and claimed he was boring and no one wanted to watch his matches

His original post was about how formulaic and unnecessarily dangerous indie matchs are at the moment
>>
>>2661231
pretty much the same
>>
Eric is selling media hosting for indies, ofc he'd say this.

You got worked by a salesman, mark.
>>
>>2661220
B A S E D B I S C H O F F
>>
>>2661228
>Getting triggered by the word "privilege" actually used correctly
/pol/ has become a parody.
>>
>>2661234

Pretty sure this argument is now centered on Randy's fake apology rather than the initial comments
>>
File: tmp_1494874445000-776127913.gif (953KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1494874445000-776127913.gif
953KB, 300x170px
>>2661220
lol so? Look at all of the old timers, now that they work the indies they have to defend them. They would all jump back to the wwe in a second if given the opportunity . Randy is right that outlaw style is overly dangerous and that they have to risk their health to get cheap pops from people who paid $5 a seat. Anybody in their right mind would work randys style over the shit you see in the indies.
>>
>>2661430
its not being denied its just that randys a manchild and needs to shut the fuck up
>>
>>2661430
If everyone worked Randy's style there would be no indies.
>>
>Randy has 2 daughters and 3 of his wife's sons
>Batista has 2 daughters
>Triple H has 3 daughters
I guess that's why Haitch wanted to push them
>>
>>2661441
>manchild
For what? Speaking his mind? Guess there are plenty of "manchildren" on this board.

>>2661452
Read the original tweet. If everybody worked randys style, when someone did pull out a flip the crowd would go nuts. Now you have a 300lb guy on a folding chair yawning at you.
>>
>>2662256
again, if Randy's style were the norm, nobody would be in the audience to pop when people did flips. it's interesting how Stamford Wives are always 15 to 20 years behind the times.
>>
>>2661430
You've gotta admit, dude, Randy had a lot more advantages than Joey Indie from buttfuck nowhere Texas or buttfuck nowhere Mexico or buttfuck nowhere Osaka.
>>
>>2661430
>Anybody in their right mind would work randys style over the shit you see in the indies.
That's the point Eric is making literally. But people in the indies can't afford to do that because that shit's too boring. There has never been as far as I can remember a wrestler that got BORING chants as much as Randy has. We know from interviews of his peers and actual evidence like the Wrestlemania match that the dude coasts on his popularity gotten to him through daddy's wrestling status which led to the WWE machine advertising him.

Randy was never and has never been a hard worker. That's why it's the funniest thing to hear Randy talk about this shit. Dishonorable discharge from the military, shitting in girls' bags, yet given a championship plus a team with Flair and HHH not even two full years into his career. Did he work hard to get any of that initial push and the WWE machine backing him? Hell no! He has always been a boring wrestler with nothing but a finisher that's over. But he is the son of a Hall Of Famer, dude got born into getting a spot where he never had to work hard, and he never did work hard.
>>
>>2661459
>EVOLUTION IS A MYSTERY
>I SEE MY GENETIC LINE END
>MY CHILDREN WON'T HAVE MY NAME
>I AM A GENETIC DEAD END
>>
>>2662277
>We know from interviews of his peers
Yeah Seth basically said in as polite and deferential a way as possible that Randy coasts because he's afraid of fucking up.
>>
Sounds like the mcdonalds workers begging for a $15 minimum wage. I chose a career where I make little money so you have to respect what I do and you can't criticize me.
>>
>>2661240
Meltzer kept saying the same thing over and over like a true autist during that
>>
>>2662281
Still don't get how people are getting this considering he is talking about Randy's privileged status as a guy born to a HOF wrestler with connections that meant he had to pay a lot less dues and not work anywhere near as hard.

Fuck dude, like I just got back on /asp/ after a week, but a post this embarrassing just makes me wanna leave again.
>>
>>2662286
You sound like a poor fat person. Hit the weights and get a clue.
>>
>>2662286
Also you are clearly a redditor so your opinion is invalid on this board
>>
>>2661278
>Implying /pol/ wasnt a parody to begin with.
>>
>>2662286
You're the embarrassing one if you think Randy got where he was because of who his father was and not because he's a tall good looking guy in great shape who can wrestle a good match when needed.

Manlets either need to hit the gym or stay out of wrestling because doing fifty high spots a match, stiff strikes and finisher spam isn't going to get them over past the first match they do it in
>>
>>2662286
>cody rhodes
>>
Borton BTFO
>>
>>2662256
lmao having to insult the 4chan board you frequent to make yourself feel better
>>
>>2662302
how you gonna shit talk finisher spam when you defend WWE where finishers are the least protected in the world?
>>
>>2662302
randy would be in prison or rehab or dead if it wasn't for vince giving him a check for nothing. worse than shawn
>>
File: eric-bischoff-old-wcw.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
eric-bischoff-old-wcw.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
What exactly is the /our guy/ status on Bischoff?

For a while it was easy to blame the death of WCW on him but it's become clear that all of that shit was Turner problems that Bischoff had nothing to do with. He gets shit on a lot for letting the bullies book and run the lockeroom but Nash and Hogan were drawing dimes and NWO was the GOAT for at least the first half. Sting, DDP, Goldberg, etc. all got over.
>>
Facial attractiveness, Height, Status and Money. Randy has it all. I hope he has a fucking small dick
>>
>>2662341
He loved Hogan & Nash so much he practically gave them the company, and meanwhile wanted to destroy or retire Ric Flair. What a goof.
>>
>>2662341
Bischoff was interested in making quality television programming. Irrespective of it being a wrestling show, he was about hot angles and cared about ratings to a fault. He was also trying to give it a modern spin that was not seen in WWF at the time. In this sense, he's /asp/. Vince was more about wrestling, trying to make the product consistent and give people pay off's. That's why when comparing WCW and WWF, the ppvs or even house shows were so disparate in quality. That's why the attitude era happened, without Bischoff, Vince would have never given a shit about giving people hot angles on a weekly basis,he cared about television because made them give a shit. This is why we have abhorrently dreadful 3 hour Raws now, that's what Vince is actually like.
>>
File: 1494875560008.png (207KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
1494875560008.png
207KB, 424x318px
>>2661278
YOU'RE A TAN MALE!
>>
>>2661452
if everyone worked randys style there would be no pro wrestling
>>
>>2662384
Fuck that "Vince filter" BS. If it was so effective, why has RAW been bad longer than it's been good? If anyone needs a filter, it's Vince.
>>
>>2662268
I am not a cornette shilling for southern wrasslin. But you have to admit the wow factor of a move is gone when everybody does it. If you see an event with 10 high fliers youre not going to give a fuck when someone goes off the top.

>>2662269
>>2662277
Since both of these are kind of the same Ill just lump you together. Is your grip with randy from what he said, or the position that he's saying it? I understand that they need to do more ti get noticed. The problem is, everybody has that mindset, and everybody does the same thing so nobody stands out.
>>
>>2662507
Not as bad as WCW and TNA tho.
>>
>>2662286
GTFO then
>>
This coming from Bischoff, a man notorious for burying the whole locker room one night when he said only Hogan and Flair are draws and everyone else is lucky to have a job
>>
>>2661220
wtf i love bischoff now
>>
>>2661246

>Boreton calling ANY other match formulaic

This man has been having the same match since 2005. It's not even that good of a fucking match.
>>
>>2662509
Its the fact that he's a guy where it was pretty much impossible to not be successful in the WWE, 3rd generation tall and good looking is literally all vince looked for in those days, take away his last name and Chris Hero in the mid 2000s was pretty much the exact same but a better wrestler. Just the fact that a guy who had it that incredibly easily shitting on indie wrestlers is incredibly pathetic
>>
>>2662507
That's what I said, Vince is too concerned with the business as a consistent machine instead of it being truly experimental and modern, which is what Paul Heyman and Bischoff were in the 90s. Even Vince has outright stated that he would rather be just behind the curve than ahead of it.
>>
>>2662384
>Vince was more about wrestling, trying to make the product consistent and give people pay off's.
Man, what happened to that guy.
>>
>>2662509

Not either of them, but my gripe is Randy's implication that he is, or ever was, a draw.

If he fell off the face of the earth tomorrow, WWE ratings, Network subscriptions, and revenue wouldn't change one fucking whit.
>>
If it wasn't for RKO OUTTA NOWHERE would there be literally any reason to not turn the channel every time Randy is on screen?

The man who just put on the worst Wrestlemania WWE title match in decades is in any position to criticize other talent?.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.